Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Feedback from Fanatec:
    - FFB behaviour is normal - (but scary)
    - Just the LED bar of the 918 RSR has to be replaced.
    - The Complete CSL P1 Rim has to be replaced.
    The new LED bar and the P1 Rim for replacement are on the way already. In best case they will arrive on Monday. So the Fanatec support is really great but there is some space for improvement in terms of quality assurance.
  • Feedback from Fanatec:
    - FFB behaviour is normal - (but scary)
    - Just the LED bar of the 918 RSR has to be replaced.
    - The Complete CSL P1 Rim has to be replaced.
    The new LED bar and the P1 Rim for replacement are on the way already. In best case they will arrive on Monday. So the Fanatec support is really great but there is some space for improvement in terms of quality assurance.
    No company is perfect. You had really bad luck though. Lol. But you were able to see that Fanatec does indeed do everything they can to make things right by their customers. Glad to hear it's all working out for ya
  • edited June 2017
    I'm using Fanatec hardware since many years and I had some issues here and there. But the support was always excellent. You can really count on them. As soon everything is ready I will share my impressions here. I have to modify my playseat a little bit which will take some time. Meanwhile I start saving money for the Clubsport Shifter and Handbrake. That's all what is missing so far.
  • Hi guys , Hi Fanatec,
    anyone experienced no working of rumble motors on V3i connected to the new CSL Elite base ann wheel for PS4, using on Assetto Corsa (on PS4) ?
    they work great using PJC... nothing with AC...
    Anyone in the same situation ?
    Thanks a lot !

• edited June 2017
    I got the new Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4 yesterday and have a problem, it's impossible to adjust the ABS, TC and Turbo in Assetto Corsa no matter what button configuration i use, so it makes it impossible to drive cars with adjustable turbo at maximum power because It is not possible to adjust that in setup, only when driving

And if I plug my Thrustmaster TH8 shifter into the PS4, my steering wheel stops working in the Assetto Corsa and i have to restart the game to make it work again, it does not help to disconnect the TH8, the game must be restarted with TH8 disconnected , I tried this with dirt rally and there they work great together, Fanatec steering wheel and Thrustmaster TH8 shifter
    So I suppose the license to Thrustmaster is stronger than Fanatec at Kunos ;) ha ha

I went from the T300 with Ferrari 599 Alcantara and I have to say I think the buttons on the 599 are better, more posetive clicks, also more posetive clicks on the shifters, but on the other hand the shifters on the P1 are more solid but the 599 rim feels better and has Better and softer fabric

But when it comes to driving this wheel is much faster and much smoother :):) i love it :) this is a big step up from the t300
    I like to power the slide cars and with this wheel it's much easier because it's so fast and Smooth :):)
    PS I almost only drive Assetto Corsa
  • I really like this :) the more I drive the more I like it :) I tried Project Cars tonight and this wheel made it a completely different experience :) like a new sim :)
    I'm in love :):)
  • I really like this :) the more I drive the more I like it :) I tried Project Cars tonight and this wheel made it a completely different experience :) like a new sim :)
    I'm in love :):)
    Totally agree. Ive had fanatec gear before but recently had a thrustmaster T300. I love driving games but I had not been playing them for a while. After getting this wheel it feels like driving games have come alive again. This wheel is worth the extra money over the thrustmaster equivelent as you get so much more feel/fun out of it and the build quality is excellent. I want to send some love and gratitude to Thomas and all the guys at Fanatec for there hard work negotiating with Sony/Microsoft and producing all of this great hardware for us. 
    You guys are so awesome! Thank you
  • Got my CSL elite PS4 set + LC kit + F1 Black rim and had finally time to test it and install the setup. 

Must say i'm impressed with the build quality, hopefully it is as reliable as it seems/feels to be. CSL elite rim leather is nice and there is great click in paddles, which I think were some comments when watching reviews of P1, so good reactivity from Fanatec. FFB is great compared to my previous wheel (G29), really smooth, strong and natural in its way. Pedals are great but those already have received good comments in reviews etc so that was not a surprise. This was impression from Assetto, this week need to try Dirt also! 

Thanks Thomas and congrats for a great product!
  • Hi guys , Hi Fanatec,
    anyone experienced no working of rumble motors on V3i connected to the new CSL Elite base ann wheel for PS4, using on Assetto Corsa (on PS4) ?
    Thanks a lot !

I initially had an issue with non operative brake motor on Pcars but after re-flashing the firmware and further testing it is working correctly on both Pcars & Assetto, HOWEVER, the motor rumble is very very light, to the point I cant really feel it on my foot/pedal.
    The accelerator motor I can feel fine as seems to be stronger but the brake motor is very weak.

Fanatec/Thomas - please can you advise, do I need to log this with the technical department.

On positive note and as previously mentioned, this new PS4 wheel is absolutely fantastic is all areas, I love it and is best on the market by far!

Lee.    
  • Lee Horne said:
    Hi guys , Hi Fanatec,
    Thanks a lot !

I initially had an issue with non operative brake motor on Pcars but after re-flashing the firmware and further testing it is working correctly on both Pcars & Assetto, HOWEVER, the motor rumble is very very light, to the point I cant really feel it on my foot/pedal.
    The accelerator motor I can feel fine as seems to be stronger but the brake motor is very weak.

Fanatec/Thomas - please can you advise, do I need to log this with the technical department.

On positive note and as previously mentioned, this new PS4 wheel is absolutely fantastic is all areas, I love it and is best on the market by far!

Lee.    
    Thanks Lee, I'll try to re-flash the firmware... by the moment I have perfect working rumble motors (gas and brake) on PCars and nothing (no gas nor brake) on AC....
  • Seems to be an AC's issue... on their official forum, many gamers/drivers, talk about this situation on PC.... not clear on PS4....maybe we need another patch, and knowing Kunos' timeliness , we can't sleep fine....:(
  • Luca GuatteriLuca Guatteri Member
    edited June 2017

• I keep checking the US site to see if this wheel is yet available to order. It looks nice!
    Did I miss an ETA mentioned somewhere?  My wheel savings keep getting depleted by other expenses so I hope it's not too far away  [-O<
  • I keep checking the US site to see if this wheel is yet available to order. It looks nice!
    Did I miss an ETA mentioned somewhere?  My wheel savings keep getting depleted by other expenses so I hope it's not too far away  [-O<
    You Haven't missed any US announcement yet.
  • So..... How many more of us on here bought the new PS4 wheel since its release?
    How you getting on with it, whats your thoughts on the base and wheel.
    I'm interested to hear if others are as overjoyed as I am, and enjoying their racing more, I certainly am loving it!
    And if I hear on the grape vine correctly, TM are about to pitch their non DD GT wheel at a much higher price than this amazing wheel so think Thomas, you may well see another surge of purchases soon :)
  • edited June 2017

Lee Horne said:
    So..... How many more of us on here bought the new PS4 wheel since its release?
    How you getting on with it, whats your thoughts on the base and wheel.
    I'll share my impressions here as soon as everything is installed. I guess I will start with a round on the famous Nordschleife.
    Thorsten Rinkenberger said:
    The new LED bar and the P1 Rim for replacement are on the way already. In best case they will arrive on Monday. So the Fanatec support is really great...
    I received the replacment parts yesterday. So many thanks again to Fanatec for the great support!
  • Trying to get the combo running well in Assetto corsa and Raceroom so far, I must report

- that neither with nor without Fanaleds the revlights on the base function in Assetto Corsa but stay dark, the LED display on the wheel is locked to speed with gear displayed during gear change only, the indicator light on the wheel is working correctly;

- whereas in Raceroom the elements all work well  OUT OF THE BOX and without any improvised workarounds,  and a mapped Fanatec key even toggles you through different modes for the LEd display (speed only, speed and gear, gera only, laps, position).

However, there seems to be a bug in Raceroom: sometimes, when reving up and with two blue LEDs on, the base rev lights are on, the rev lights freeze and will remain all lit except the last blue LED, it remains to be like this until you over-rev once and have the revs reaching beyond that locked second blue LED - once all three have been lit, the rev lights then dance on and off again as they should - until next time you rev up into the blue range, but not to the maximum of all three blue LEDs.

I have close to 1000 hours in Assetto Corsa and love the game, but the lacking support for Fanatec is not really a compliment. Raceroom (300+ hours) shows how its to be done.
  • I re-flashed firmware but nothing change on AC on PS4... rumble motors don't work... nor gas neither brake... Led display on wheel shows only speed. No way to change keys configuration.... I hope for a patch....
    Everything works great on PJC.

Very pleased to purchase my first Fanatec Wheel base, great Base, great wheel.... FFb very realistic, fantastic wheel speed; 4 hours playing continuously , the Base is cold, perfectly working.... I feel great to choose Fanatic instead of waiting for the new T-GT by TM.... 
    Excellent combo with CSP V3i !! 
    Tahnks Fanatec !
  • edited June 2017
    The Specs are out that New Toy Master wheel is NOT a DD!!!

Edit: Thinking back I clearly remember a few months ago when the TM DD wheel rumors first started--> Thomas stated the the wheel He saw at the expo was Not DD and that the wording being used to advertise it were Very misleading.
  • The Specs are out that New Toy Master wheel is NOT a DD!!!
    No surprise at all.
  • almost 2 weeks later and still no word on North America release? Never had so much trouble trying to give away my money. Any news at all?
  • almost 2 weeks later and still no word on North America release? Never had so much trouble trying to give away my money. Any news at all?
    Not yet that I've seen. I'm sure Fanatec would love to sell it to you. :-bd
  • Finally  my equipment  is installed. Driving impressions will follow...

Awesome and congrats. Can't wait to hear. Have fun!

LUCKY!!
  • UPDATE

After another re-flash of firmware, brake rumble motor works on AC. Nothing at all for gas pedal rumble motor...

• I've had my wheel for a week now and am very pleased with the performance on this wheel, the only problem I have is the button configuration that does not work in Asetto Corsa on PS4
    Is there anybody who does not have this problem with the Button Configuration in Asetto Corsa on the PS4 ??
    Otherwise, everything else works in the Asetto Corsa LEDs, ClubSport Handbrake and the shifter
    I got my ClubSport Shifter today :) this is really a solid piece of art! :) :) i love it :)
    And now I'm really tempted to order the Porsche 918 RSR Steering Wheel..I'm infected with the Fanatec fever .. 

• Ralph HübnerRalph Hübner Member
    edited June 2017
    I am pretty happy with it! Solid wheel, nice and smooth. Goody quality & handling. 
    As i play mostly Assetto Corsa, i hope that TC, ABS & Turbo will be supported soon (PS4) because currently its not working.

Otherwise the Force Feedback feels very good, can feel the curbs and tarmac way better than before. (T500)

Love the led brake indicators which are shown when in tuning mode "brF", very helpful.
    Would be really nice if they could be optional set as the default!!

• O my God, 
    Great Great Great news, i'm very happy, byt i have a question.
    Now Fanatec is officialy Playstation license, but with this you mean all the driving games, including future games, are complety compatible with fanatec steering wheel?
  • From the FQA page:

The following Playstation 4™ games / simulations are compatible to the "CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™"

Assetto Corsa
    Dirt Rally*
    Dirt 4
    Gran Turismo Sport**
    F1 2015*
    F1 2017**
    Project CARS*
    Project CARS 2**
    Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo*
    The Crew* -> PS4 controller is needed to press "X" on the game launch screen
    WRC 5 *

* - The wheel has to be set into compatibility mode (purple LED above the power button) to play the game. Set the wheel into this mode at the launch screen of the game and start the game by pressing "X" on the steering wheel afterwards. All new games can be launched in standard PS4™ mode (blue LED).

** - announced - not yet released

Not compatible:
    DriveClub
    F1 2016
    -> Since those games are not patched/updated anymore it is impossible to integrate our SDK, which would be mandatory to enable support.

Important:
    This list is only for the PS4™ version of the CSL Elite Wheel Base ("CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™")!
    Please always install the latest firmware onto the Wheel with use of the PC driver. Additional information can be found in the full manual of the product. Driver and Manual can be found in the download section of the product