Fanatec Direct Drive

Comments

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We can do better than that ;)
  • Hi Thomas, I use an VR Oculus Rift and would love to see the tuning display be on screen through the VR headset. It would be nice it it work as a display in the game or maybe an over lay that can be brought up. This would make it easier to change settings for vr users.
  • edited June 2017
    There has to be sufficient energy to power the rim lcd and leds.

Use of inducion ? Harvested energy ? Supercapacitors ?

• We can do better than that ;)
    To quote Arnie when he stands in front of Christine (his car) from the Novell/Movie Christine of Stephen King...

Show me! :)

Or are you going to use a clockspring this time or something similar for transfer of power and data?

Can I make another request to you, Thomas? I recently acquired a Vive and I have to say... grabbing for button boxes isn't really handy for the most used car control functions... flashing lights, using the indicators, control wipers.
    So for VR it would be best to have these in the normal places we've been used to since most of us that are alive today drove cars. Which is why I would like to request if Fanatec could make indicator stalks available for the Clubsport and DirectDrive ranges? Maybe even CSL too.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Mixed reality will come soon so you will be able to see your real hands and the actual wheel in the simulation.
  • Mixed reality will come soon so you will be able to see your real hands and the actual wheel in the simulation.
    Hang on .... Have I missed something here ??  :-S
  • Mixed reality will come soon so you will be able to see your real hands and the actual wheel in the simulation.
    Hang on .... Have I missed something here ??  :-S
    He is thinking in five years+ range ;-) . I guess, buttons on the wheel are still the best solution in VR.
    Mixed reality breaks the immersion though. So if that's something to be desired? Some might like it but others won't, as some will get their OCD going because there's a Porsche rim in a Ferrari or McLaren. Or they have to keep adjusting their rig because... steering wheel is not set exactly right, shifter is too far away, the handbrake is horizontal/verticle or not present, etc.

I don't think mixed reality is a good thing for a "Ready to Run" type of rig. Hence my suggestion for buttons/switches in common places.

Also with sims getting more and more button assignments for controlling the car as well as any in-car game functions on the fly (force feedback for instance), it wouldn't be such a bad idea to off-load some of the most common tasks to the stalks behind the wheel.
  • One thing I like on DDW is the separate control box because the fan is farther away from the driving place so it has less sound from it but still I think its better to have only one unit to deal with. So it will be interesting how everything is designed. Its going to be great, can't wait to see it. 
    Mixed reality breaks the immersion though. So if that's something to be desired? Some might like it but others won't, as some will get their OCD going because there's a Porsche rim in a Ferrari or McLaren. Or they have to keep adjusting their rig because... steering wheel is not set exactly right, shifter is too far away, the handbrake is horizontal/verticle or not present, etc.

I don't think mixed reality is a good thing for a "Ready to Run" type of rig. Hence my suggestion for buttons/switches in common places.

Also with sims getting more and more button assignments for controlling the car as well as any in-car game functions on the fly (force feedback for instance), it wouldn't be such a bad idea to off-load some of the most common tasks to the stalks behind the wheel.
    I think Thomas means AR like Technical Ilusion.
    The product is CastAR and I Think it is the gamechanger for all type of simulators, both racing and flight !!

When it comes to motion in a sim I think Force Dynamics has the best G-Force simulation.
    Enjoy !!  

The product is CastAR and I Think it is the gamechanger for all type of simulators, both racing and flight !!

When it comes to motion in a sim I think Force Dynamics has the best G-Force simulation.
    Enjoy !!  
    looks like flying sim
    Mixed reality (or augmented reality as some say) is the most exciting thing since the beginning imo. 
    I think VR is cool but AR can realy change the way we do things, can even change the way we live. 
    Looking forward to seing what it will bring to our simracing experience.

Enjoy !!  
    For me augmented reality is more of a tool for office work than for gaming though (presenting new CAD drawings in meetings, etc), or for having that virtual television up on the wall that you can all see together as a family.

I just don't see how it works in a gaming setting. As long as buttons and switches are placed in a logical place on the wheel or behind it than I don't see the need for it. It just removes the immersion factor from the experience, unless the wheel is 1:1 with the car. If I have to buy a steering wheel for all the cars I drive in the virtual world though... no way that would be financially viable.

As for motion... it's nice, but in a room where HTC Vive's roomscale doesn't even work... where would I put it? We don't all live in the USA where houses with big sheds and garages seems to be an everyday occurrence. Europe's a tightly packed place and we don't live that spaciously unfortunatly.
  • If the torque is far above the CSW 2.5, then we might finally earn our blisters on our palms like real IndyCar drivers do. 

And yes, I find that thought awesome. I am a masochist :S 
  • Petr MiskerikPetr Miskerik Member
    edited June 2017
    I am starting save money right now...
    :-)
  • i've been looking at D/D wheels for a little while now, plus my V2 clubsport base i'm having problems with so this could be good news for me that i can use my existing rims on this new D/D wheel base......bring it on Fanatec (",)
  • Looking forward to seeing if this DD wheel works on Xbox! I have 5960x based liquid cooled pc, but I prefer the simplicity of sim racing on PS4 andXbox. New accessories above Clubsport? Sounds awesome to me! I maybe a console racer, but I still want the best - keep up the good work Thomas and Team! Ps. Here is my current setup
  • Basically great news. But Thomas you wrote: 'The first generation will not be compatible to PS4.' Again Sony who is making this restrictions? So the PS4 community has to wait again. Please just tell me that there will be a PS4 DD wheel later in the future as well.
    Thomas already stated that Sony found the V2(.5) is too expensive. That's why we got a CSL E base in stead. So they need to be more convinced of a product to be sold to their standards.

Uhhh, the official Gran Turismo Sport wheel is an $800 Thrustmaster wheel.  https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-pulls-wraps-off-t-gt-wheel-launches-alongside-gt-sport/
  • Ryan Hamm said:
    Basically great news. But Thomas you wrote: 'The first generation will not be compatible to PS4.' Again Sony who is making this restrictions? So the PS4 community has to wait again. Please just tell me that there will be a PS4 DD wheel later in the future as well.
    Thomas already stated that Sony found the V2(.5) is too expensive. That's why we got a CSL E base in stead. So they need to be more convinced of a product to be sold to their standards.

Uhhh, the official Gran Turismo Sport wheel is an $800 Thrustmaster wheel.  https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-pulls-wraps-off-t-gt-wheel-launches-alongside-gt-sport/

a set with, wheelbase, rim, pedals and shifter based on v 2.5 is 1300$ as I remember...
  • edited June 2017

Ryan Hamm said:
    Basically great news. But Thomas you wrote: 'The first generation will not be compatible to PS4.' Again Sony who is making this restrictions? So the PS4 community has to wait again. Please just tell me that there will be a PS4 DD wheel later in the future as well.

that's why im getting that T-GT wheel  over CSL E base you tube Shaun sad was too noise
    Thrustmaster was able to add a second level of effects for Gran Turismo Sport. This racing Wheel combines 2 Force Feedback systems, based on the exclusive T-40VE motor with the new T-MCE cooling system.

Thomas Jackermeier you should make ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 compatible to PS4 instead of that plastic

for that im going to get the T-GT

• edited June 2017

:-q :-q :-q :-q

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited June 2017

Ryan Hamm said:

that's why im getting that T-GT wheel  over CSL E base you tube Shaun sad was too noise
    Thrustmaster was able to add a second level of effects for Gran Turismo Sport. This racing Wheel combines 2 Force Feedback systems, based on the exclusive T-40VE motor with the new T-MCE cooling system.

Thomas Jackermeier you should make ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 compatible to PS4 instead of that plastic

for that im going to get the T-GT

He can't and he stated the reason already. It's over and we need to move on. Nothing can be done at this point. FYI the T-GT is plastic. ;)

• :-q :-q :-q :-q

Why do you post this in the DD discussion thread?
  • edited June 2017

Lol I'll tell you why because I'm a huge DD fan I've been waiting for three years for fanatic to make direct drive and then now he's going to make us wait again for a freaking PS4 compatibility I posted this causes this piece of plastic is not supposed to be out for PS4 i've tested thrust master and that thing is amazing no noise coming out of it didn't even feel like plastic it was super solid there was no rumbling noise or anything like that it almost felt like a direct drive Leo Bodnar SimSteering2 FFB System (54) That's what I got that's why we are asking Thomas to make one for PS4 just for Gran Turismo If my direct drive would've worked on PlayStation 4 I would never look anywhere else they do have the best Direct drive out there in the markets they being used by professional drivers for practice Like F1 drivers for instance they are using it for practices

• :-q :-q :-q :-q

Lol I'll tell you why because I'm a huge DD fan I've been waiting for three years for fanatic to make direct drive and then now he's going to make us wait again for a freaking PS4 compatibility I posted this causes this piece of plastic is not supposed to be out for PS4 i've tested thrust master and that thing is amazing no noise coming out of it didn't even feel like plastic it was super solid there was no rumbling noise or anything like that it almost felt like a direct drive Leo Bodnar SimSteering2 FFB System (54) That's what I got that's why we are asking Thomas to make one for PS4 just for Gran Turismo If my direct drive would've worked on PlayStation 4 I would never look anywhere else they do have the best Direct drive out there in the markets they being used by professional drivers for practice Like F1 drivers for instance they are using it for practices
    Well at least your happy with that thrustmasters wheel :), I guess when ever there will be a Fanatec PS4 DD version of the wheel, in the next gen. like Thomas has said. We'll see you back here in chat.

Right I don't wanna be a bore, but I hate reading my emails only to click the link and someone is talking about Thrustmasters wheel. I ain't intrested in that plastic wheel. 
    [-X Can we keep this thread as it was intended please. Comparisons to thrustmasters wheel is all part of the conversation to this thread yh i get it.

But it has been said, right at the heading of this thread that it will be next gen for PS4 compatibility. simple DONE, lets move on     X(
  • edited June 2017

Hmnnn this dont sound Like the TM wheel I have---> My first 1 Rattled its self to pieces within 6months and the Replacement wheel is still sitting on My shelf as a Man Kave decorative ornament....are you sure your Talking about the Same TM Brand every 1 else has???<--- or are you just angry that its a PS4 wheel and Not a product that specifically caters to what you as a individual want???? ---> as for the other wheels you Mentioned there is a Huge price Gap between them and Fanatec products and i read all the time how people have issues with them too or they are just Not supported in Many games.... Shrugggs---> Any way Dont worry Be Happy you can buy what ever you like with your $$$ No one is forcing you to Troll the Fanatec web site--->there are Many that are Very Happy with Fanatec product and others that patiently wait because the Fanatec DD is on the way---> and its going to be plug and Play<--- Not Like other DD wheels were you have to do all the set up your self and if you dont know how your screwed--->But if you can afford such Goodies Life is Good Be Happy because Many cant---> Also Take Note that i have No desire or intent to buy this PS4 wheel so you can disregard the Fan boy crap--> its Not that i think the wheel is Bad its that I Moved to PC after Sony Screwed us!!! and have a v2.5 and i am Very Happy with it.... i am Very Happy that Fanatec is thriving still pushing forward to bring their Customers the Best product at reasonable prices!!! Many people wanted this PS4 wheel for along time and im happy for them that the PS4 wheel is finally a Reality at a affordable Price and the Bonus it works PC, XB1 also!!! Way to Go Fanatec Great Job!!!
  • edited June 2017
    SimSteering2 FFB System (54) Lou bodnar

Well at least your happy with that thrustmasters wheel :), I guess when ever there will be a Fanatec PS4 DD version of the wheel, in the next gen. like Thomas has said. We'll see you back here in chat.

Right I don't wanna be a bore, but I hate reading my emails only to click the link and someone is talking about Thrustmasters wheel. I ain't intrested in that plastic wheel. 
    [-X Can we keep this thread as it was intended please. Comparisons to thrustmasters wheel is all part of the conversation to this thread yh i get it.

But it has been said, right at the heading of this thread that it will be next gen for PS4 compatibility. simple DONE, lets move on     X(
    Lol
    %-( :-@ :-@ :-@ B-) I Owned fanatic wheel base since day one they became in business and second thing I don't even own a thrust master i've never owned them so I have no clue if they're good or not but I was just considering buying a thrustmaster because it's got more feedback

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited June 2017
    SimSteering2 FFB System (54) Lou bodnar
    Lol
    %-( :-@ :-@ :-@ B-) I Owned fanatic wheel base since day one they became in business and second thing I don't even own a thrust master i've never owned them so I have no clue if they're good or not but I was just considering buying a thrustmaster because it's got more feedback

Fanatec
  • Basically great news. But Thomas you wrote: 'The first generation will not be compatible to PS4.' Again Sony who is making this restrictions? So the PS4 community has to wait again. Please just tell me that there will be a PS4 DD wheel later in the future as well.
    But sony must be stupid to think people would buy it just for PS4, They would use it on a gaming PC, and also use it on the PS4 for Gran Turismo 7.
    I was going to ask if a universal hub for PS4 was coming out, and this answered my question.
    I had 2 ps4 consoles in preparation for GT7, but when I found out they pulled support on CSW V1 & V2,I sold both consoles and kept my xbox ones, and made a gaming computer.
    People who like to race, dont like the plastic crap steering wheels and pedals, they prefer realistic wheels and pedals made of steel and aluminium.
    Sony are very short sighted to limit companies like Fanatec from producing products that we the buying public want.
    If the buying public are not happy, they dont buy YOUR products, and YOU DONT HAVE A BUSINESS.....

So Sony and Microsoft, think about what the buying public want before you make companies like Fanatec have to produce Brand New expensive for each New Gen console.....

• edited June 2017
    But sony must be stupid to think people would buy it just for PS4, They would use it on a gaming PC, and also use it on the PS4 for Gran Turismo 7.
    I was going to ask if a universal hub for PS4 was coming out, and this answered my question.
    I had 2 ps4 consoles in preparation for GT7, but when I found out they pulled support on CSW V1 & V2,I sold both consoles and kept my xbox ones, and made a gaming computer.
    People who like to race, dont like the plastic crap steering wheels and pedals, they prefer realistic wheels and pedals made of steel and aluminium.
    Sony are very short sighted to limit companies like Fanatec from producing products that we the buying public want.
    If the buying public are not happy, they dont buy YOUR products, and YOU DONT HAVE A BUSINESS.....

So Sony and Microsoft, think about what the buying public want before you make companies like Fanatec have to produce Brand New expensive for each New Gen console.....

that is a great way to put it.
    we are the customers
    :-bd  :-h