Fanatec Podium Series - UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited September 2017 in Blog

Introducing the new Fanatec Podium Series.

The Podium products will be our hardcore range of products and positioned above the ClubSport Series. Of course the compatibility throughout the whole product palette will remain.

We try to set new standards in terms of functionality, performance and durability combined with the typical Fanatec attributes plug&play comfort, compatibility and a great price performance.

We will show the first Podium product at the Simracing Expo: Our new  direct drive wheel base

UPDATE

Some interviews:

Comments

• Finally!! Would love to see FANATEC DDW and product above clubsport. Can't wait to see.
  • can't wait to place the preo
  • I am eager to play GT Sports with amazing force feedback and quietness more than Thustmaster's T-GT. And I hope that even a little cheaper.
  • I am eager to play GT Sports with amazing force feedback and quietness more than Thustmaster's T-GT. And I hope that even a little cheaper.
    I highly doubt the direct drive wheel will be available for consoles to be honest. The price point wouldn't be low enough to get enough sales. Furthermore with Fanatec only just coming to console markets with the CSL series I don't see new products being compatable yet as they would have no time to work with the developers arguably in advance of release with how long it took to develop.

Be interesting to see what happens. 
  • Is there going to be any mention of pricing at the Simracing Expo?  I'm not looking for exact, just more of a range.
  • Nice one! Im really looking forward to see the new DD Base :) I will be at the Simracing Expo on Sunday  ;)
  • You have my attention! 
  • I am a lucky man, because I am not married and can buy my wishes itself. ;) See you at the Simracing Expo. :)
  • I am waiting for that for so long... :)
  • Great News!!! I want 1!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    That's got a nice ring to it. Looking forward to some reveals.
    I highly doubt the direct drive wheel will be available for consoles to be honest. The price point wouldn't be low enough to get enough sales. Furthermore with Fanatec only just coming to console markets with the CSL series I don't see new products being compatable yet as they would have no time to work with the developers arguably in advance of release with how long it took to develop.

Fanatec can achieve console-compatibility with separate wheel rims/hubs, so I can't see any reason why they couldn't make compatibility to their DD-bases too. And have to say that this is important for me too. I use wheel both with pc and comsoles and I need one base which, in perfect world, would be for all platforms.

And besides that, would pc-users lose something if same base would be console-compatible? Apart that ppl who hate consoles.
  • Joe QJoe Q Member
    edited September 2017
    please...Show us a Picture :-)
  • The Wheel Line Name is Really Good also!!!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    This is the news I have been waiting for, this is going to be a huge game changer! :smile: Can't wait! :smiley:

Fanatec can achieve console-compatibility with separate wheel rims/hubs, so I can't see any reason why they couldn't make compatibility to their DD-bases too. And have to say that this is important for me too. I use wheel both with pc and comsoles and I need one base which, in perfect world, would be for all platforms.

And besides that, would pc-users lose something if same base would be console-compatible? Apart that ppl who hate consoles.
    That's only true for XB1, the PS4 needs the CSL Elite base to work. Pros and cons to both approaches because XB1 doesnt work with any rim whereas PS4 does but needs the base. Anyway as to your asceration it has no negatives for PC players that is absolutely untrue, the biggest negative of all is the licensing fees to the console manufacturers which bump the prices up quite substantially. Just compare the price of the original PC only universal hub to the XB1 compatible version. I don't really think this is a product for console players when they already balk at the idea of paying for a wheel that costs the same price as the console let alone 4x +.
  • Very excited by this. Been waiting to step into the DD world!
  • Fotos + price ?
  • Good news Thomas! Congratulations like any FANATEC product will be outstanding!

Shame not a PC racer but someday...

• I am sure there are a decent amount of console players out there like myself who would certainly upgrade to a DD wheel. It is true that the DD base will probably be much more expensive than the consoles themselves, but to me that does not matter. I choose the simplicity of a console, but I still want the best wheel available to maximize my experience. My CSW v2 + XB1 Universal hub is awesome, but if there is something that is better, then I need it in my life!

I know that I could move to PC racing to enjoy a richer experience, but for the moment I like being able to hook up to my consoles and a big TV.

Looking forward to the unveiling!

• Wooohoooo! great news! couldn't go to see the new products and say hi to Thomas at the expo....! but have fun you guys that are going  :-bd hope the products come soon and that we have a chance to purchase them.
  • edited September 2017
    I am eager to play GT Sports with amazing force feedback and quietness more than Thustmaster's T-GT. And I hope that even a little cheaper.

That's only true for XB1, the PS4 needs the CSL Elite base to work. Pros and cons to both approaches because XB1 doesnt work with any rim whereas PS4 does but needs the base. Anyway as to your asceration it has no negatives for PC players that is absolutely untrue, the biggest negative of all is the licensing fees to the console manufacturers which bump the prices up quite substantially. Just compare the price of the original PC only universal hub to the XB1 compatible version. I don't really think this is a product for console players when they already balk at the idea of paying for a wheel that costs the same price as the console let alone 4x +.
    On the direct drive post from June 4 Thomas specifically stated the following

Compatibility
    PC for sure as this is the main market and there is no reason that it should not work on Xbox One. The first generation will not be compatible to PS4. 
  • Oh man ...take my money

On the direct drive post from June 4 Thomas specifically stated the following

Compatibility
    PC for sure as this is the main market and there is no reason that it should not work on Xbox One. The first generation will not be compatible to PS4. 
    Of course that could happen. But it would quite short sighted and stupid from F, doing that they give possibility for third party companies to make adapters which in end make those wheels work on consoles, sooner or later. In example soon I'm back driving witth my CSW v2 on PS4 too when I get my DriveHub from CronusMax. Up yours, Sony!
  • edited September 2017
    @Rami Ahola it's from Collective minds, and You allready Could be using your csw v2 if you'd bought a Cronusmax plus. And it isn't up to Fanatec to make the DD compatible for PS4, buto to Sony. It doesn't mean that while they've got approval for the ps4 elite base that they can make any future base ps4 compatible. But tbh it don't like it as well that it will be X1 compatible and not ps4
  • edited September 2017
    Okayy not long to wait now, And with a all new DD wheel motor made just for sim racing, Fanatecs RnD lab techs have really been busy these past few years. And a new era of sim racing  dd motors will make history.     ;)             
  • I'll be running LIKE HELL to Fanatec stand when the doors open tomorrow :D
  • I'll be running LIKE HELL to Fanatec stand when the doors open tomorrow :D
    I'm jealous!
  • edited September 2017
    Bump
  • I am sure there are a decent amount of console players out there like myself who would certainly upgrade to a DD wheel. It is true that the DD base will probably be much more expensive than the consoles themselves, but to me that does not matter. I choose the simplicity of a console, but I still want the best wheel available to maximize my experience. My CSW v2 + XB1 Universal hub is awesome, but if there is something that is better, then I need it in my life!

I know that I could move to PC racing to enjoy a richer experience, but for the moment I like being able to hook up to my consoles and a big TV.

Looking forward to the unveiling!

I've got my PC plugged into the exact same HDMI port on my AV receiver as I used to have my consoles feeding my 5.1 speakers and 60" TV, it's literally no different in that respect. Getting FFB settings right takes a lot more time than setting up a PC and feels a lot better on PC than consoles because of the adjustability. I've switched to VR now which can only be properly be experienced on PC and honestly it's a game changer, a TV/projector, triple screen whatever the size just doesn't even compare to being literally sat in the car. I'd certainly recommend getting a PC and VR headset just for that experience although maybe wait for second gen headsets. That and there are much better sims on PC, Forza has god awful FFB if that is your reference, not realistic at all.