CSL Elite Racing Wheel now available in the USA

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
Finally! We got approval to start the pre-orders of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the USA and Canada and the first shipments are on the way as well.

CSL Elite Racing Wheel: $479.95
CSL Elite Starter Kit: $499.95

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Great News!!! Congrats \:D/ WOW!!! and at a Great Price point Kudos and Cheers Thomas and Fanatec team =D>
  • YESSSS!!!!!!!!! Thanks Thomas!!!!!!!
  • Will this new base/wheel work with PS3 also?
  • Order placed

• Was excited until I saw it looks like the same dpad on the XBox one version and its a piece of garbage.  breaks so easily and becomes useless and is a deal breaker.
  • Order placed! Excited to get it!

Going to start with this and likely upgrade along the way!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Was excited until I saw it looks like the same dpad on the XBox one version and its a piece of garbage.  breaks so easily and becomes useless and is a deal breaker.
    This has a much improved version of it
  • Finally!!! Thank you Thomas. One question before I put an order in. Will you have an advanced bundle available, like the one ed for the XboxOne version wheelbase?
  • FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 COMING TO AMERICA!  FINALLY!!!
  • feel sorry for folks that bought the other CSL wheel, only for this to come out and is compatible with pc, xb1 (with wheel addon) and pc!
  • will the wheel base be available to purchase by alone? will we be able to configure it without the P1 wheel?
  • will the wheel base be available to purchase by alone? will we be able to configure it without the P1 wheel?
    As of now no. It's a package deal.
  • Order Placed!  Now i'm hoping maybe they clear customs and are shipped before the 27th :) (fingers crossed!)

Good to see the newer reviews (SimRacingGirl) discuss the new firmware and how it helped to eliminate the noise from the base.  Some of the initial reviews were very honest about this and it almost put me off from buying it.,  I also appreciate the blog entry discussing the new firmware that helps with the issue.

I'm hoping for a better product than my previous TM Alcantara set which lasted 10 months...Once repaired I'll be selling that to further upgrade my CSL Elite!

Thank you team Fanatec!
  • Can I install this base on the Fanatec Club Sport Seat?

Thanks

• James Armenti , you mention that this base will work with XBOX ONE with the add on wheel... You are talking with the universal hub correct?
  • James Armenti , you mention that this base will work with XBOX ONE with the add on wheel... You are talking with the universal hub correct?
    The hub or CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 or CSL Steering Wheel P1
  • Is using FEI necessary to prevent damage to the wheel from whatever is causing the rattling?

Is the rattling considered normal? Will it damage the wheel in any way?

What is physically causing the rattling?

Just wondering Fanatec's official stance on the above questions...looking forward to getting my wheel, the wait is killer. Thanks.
  • Hi - I preordered the wheelbase/rim. Will all preorders ship on the release date (Sept. 27) or might it take longer to ship? Trying to time my selling of my current Thrustmaster rig. Please let me know!
  • Hi Fanatec,

Just waiting for the news CLS steering wheels hope will be a formula type one
    :D
  • Hello Thomas Jackermier,

I am an Xbox One user and I was wondering if we will see Xbox One compatibility with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918, BMW GT2, and Formula One Carbon? I am a potential customer and I am ready to invest in a wheel and pedal setup but would really have liked to be able to purchase one of the above mentioned wheels. I see that the PS4 now has compatibility with the Clubsport Wheels. Will we see that support extended to the Xbox One? 

I really hope so. Its a big investment to buy a quality wheel and pedal setup and it would be nice to be able to use the high quality Clubport Wheels with the Xbox One.
    Hello Thomas Jackermier,

I am an Xbox One user and I was wondering if we will see Xbox One compatibility with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918, BMW GT2, and Formula One Carbon? I am a potential customer and I am ready to invest in a wheel and pedal setup but would really have liked to be able to purchase one of the above mentioned wheels. I see that the PS4 now has compatibility with the Clubsport Wheels. Will we see that support extended to the Xbox One? 

I really hope so. Its a big investment to buy a quality wheel and pedal setup and it would be nice to be able to use the high quality Clubport Wheels with the Xbox One.
    The wheels you mentioned will not be X1 compatible but we are currently working on several new steering wheels for the One and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

The wheels you mentioned will not be X1 compatible but we are currently working on several new steering wheels for the One and I am sure you will not be disappointed.
    That is great news. Can you give an ETA on these new Xbox One steering wheels? 
    As usual we will announce the availability as soon as we finished the first production run.

Just get the xb1 hub and they should all work.
    https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-us.html

• Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello Thomas Jackermier,

Just get the xb1 hub and they should all work.
    https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-us.html

I am not sure the hub allows for the those wheels to work. Is the hub specifically for aftermarket wheels to attach to the hub?

When I was looking at the products on the Fanatec website, trying to weigh the pros and cons and trying to decide which setup was for me, I thought the hub allowed compatibility with the Porsche 918 RSR, BMW GT2, and Formula One carbon wheels. Basically I thought the hub allowed the Xbox One compatibility with all of the "PC" designed wheels. However someone pointed out on a forum that the hub is designed to allow any aftermarket non electronic wheel to attach to the electronics of the hub, with the hub communicating to the Xbox One allowing compatibility. The "PC" wheels have the electronics built in to the wheel therefore they cannot attach to the hub.

Anyone please weigh in and correct me if I am wrong. :)

@Thomas Jackermier, Can you give us any details on the new Xbox One wheels? Pretty Please! :)

• Hello,

Can a mac computer be used to update the Fanatec firmware?
  • Sorry that I ask this again, but I need to know before I order.
    Right now I have the clubsport V2.0 mounted on my Fanatec CSL seat, can I mount this new CSL Elite PS4 base on my CSL Seat?

THANKS

• Sorry that I ask this again, but I need to know before I order.
    Right now I have the clubsport V2.0 mounted on my Fanatec CSL seat, can I mount this new CSL Elite PS4 base on my CSL Seat?

THANKS

I found this on the product page. Please refer to them in the future for information. https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels/csl-elite-racing-wheel-ps4.html Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheel base. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat.
  • Hi any update on the US pre orders CSL elite PS4 shipping on 9/27? Thanks
  • Hi any update on the US pre orders CSL elite PS4 shipping on 9/27? Thanks
    I'm wondering the same. I've reloaded the "my orders" pages about a hundred times already. Sorry for the DDOS Thomas.

-J