CSL Elite Racing Wheel now available in the USA

Comments

• Also, after a call on Monday and Tuesday with voicemail left and email on Monday, I finally received communication via email that advised my item would ship today and tracking would be sent tonight.  I placed order on Monday so maybe that will help some of you out there if you haven't received a response. I know they must be busy, but in this day in age of Amazon, Newegg, and fast responsive retailers it's a little disheartening to not receive faster customer service updates. I'm appreciative that they got it out fast as the website stated which was 48 hours but was just unsure because of the large pre-order work load. Thanks Guys. 
  • Hi there, 

Just to update my status yesterday at night I receive my tracking number from Fedex and this morning the same info from Fanatec, expectedto have my wheel next week since the will shipped to my courier in Miami and them flight to Dominican Republic hope be here after GT Sport Demo end to see if will buy it in the PC2 part need to hear more of you there if the FFB is so weak like hear and the bugs will wait to be fixed after buy it.
  • This is so worth the wait! I just hooked it up running PC2 on PC this thing is fantastic so much more immersive just with stock settings. I thought my 911 GT3rs was great this is like a whole new level. btw so far no clank here but haven’t really pushed it yet
  • This is so worth the wait! I just hooked it up running PC2 on PC this thing is fantastic so much more immersive just with stock settings. I thought my 911 GT3rs was great this is like a whole new level. btw so far no clank here but haven’t really pushed it yet
    Man, that wheel looks so "BA". I cannot wait to hook up my rig.  Going from a G27 to this monster is going to be incredible.  

How do you guys run 3 monitors.  Do you have multiple video cards and the software allows you to use multiple cards at once or do you have 1 special card that has 3 video outs? 

Also what card do you use. 

Thanks, 
  • @Ahmad T Mahr , if you placed your order a day before.. There's absolutely no reason to be mailing and calling customer service about a tracking nr. Simple reason is... It takes Fanatec a couple a days to handle the order. Most current, high standard GPUs have multiple HDMI in combo with DVI ports. I've got a 980Ti for myself and it has 3 HDMI ports and 2 DVI. To All who have doubts about the clanking sound, damage etc... I've beta tested the ps4 base for Fanatec and did a serious stress test on it. ALL FFB values maxed out, in game and on wheel, and managed to drive 5 hours, with only sanitary pitstops in between, and I had to gave up... The wheel won by far. Lol. Please take note that FFB sliders in game are working as transducers. I've managed, with ps4 and PC, to use the wheel without any clanking, so not using FEI. I also have the V2.5, and it is possible to make it clank (clipping) too. Just set the FFB values too high and you've got it. ;) @Damion Prevo you need a windows based pc, laptop or tablet. Windows V7 or later.
    Man, that wheel looks so "BA". I cannot wait to hook up my rig.  Going from a G27 to this monster is going to be incredible.  

How do you guys run 3 monitors.  Do you have multiple video cards and the software allows you to use multiple cards at once or do you have 1 special card that has 3 video outs? 

Also what card do you use. 

Thanks, 
    Just one card Nvidea GeForce 1070 it has 4 monitor outputs came on ibuypower pc from bestbuy these new cards make all the difference plenty of power 8gb ram on card itself, easy set up all 3 are running as one large monitor at 5760x1080
  • Brian WellsBrian Wells Member
    edited October 2017
    FYI wheels are shipping out of California not Landshut / Bavaria, So they must have staged them in Cali first
  • Also I did experience the clanking shake last night in F1 2017 it was little scary first run on rumble strip and into grass I set the FEI setting on the wheel to 0 and it stopped it was at 100 from factory
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @ Brian thats looking good, great job on  your setup. Have you tried VR yet? I enjoy VR a lot, but i really do prefer triples. I am currently using a 1080fe but about to upgrade to a ti or hoping that Volta will make an appearence soon, as i still need more power :)

To echo Antoine's sentiments, Fanatecs build quality far exceeds most normal user "use case" scenarios.
    During the beta phase my CSL base/rim etc was tested within an inch of its life, and i do not go easy on my products, Thomas / Armin / Joh will testify to that :P

Its a fantastic base, at an incredible price with the ability to use the entire CS product wheel range on it.

Its brill :)

• Ahmad MahrAhmad Mahr Member
    edited October 2017
    @Ahmad T Mahr , if you placed your order a day before.. There's absolutely no reason to be mailing and calling customer service about a tracking nr. Simple reason is... It takes Fanatec a couple a days to handle the order. "
  • Ahmad MahrAhmad Mahr Member
    edited October 2017
    I respect your opinion, it's just with the number of people complaining on this forum and others stating they didn't receive tracking or showed shipped and it didn't ship I didn't know what to expect from this company or what was going on.  I didn't want tracking just wanted an update if it would ship in time and that they didn't run out or anything. This is not some large company that I just naturally trust are on the ball, so when I spend $500 plus dollars I want a piece of quick communication that just says we have in stock and order will ship on time, especially when there are noted issues with the wheel and communication with other customers.  I've ordered from smaller companies like this one before that promised certain product within certain deadlines for new release products and months later still nothing.  If I had noticed people stating that they were receiving communication and everything was going well then I wouldn't have contacted them.  In the future I won't be so skeptical because I now have gained a bit of trust they they appear to do what they say.  I appreciate the opinion and help on with the other information from you though. Thanks, 
  • @Ahmad T Mahr , if you placed your order a day before.. There's absolutely no reason to be mailing and calling customer service about a tracking nr. Simple reason is... It takes Fanatec a couple a days to handle the order. Most current, high standard GPUs have multiple HDMI in combo with DVI ports. I've got a 980Ti for myself and it has 3 HDMI ports and 2 DVI. To All who have doubts about the clanking sound, damage etc... I've beta tested the ps4 base for Fanatec and did a serious stress test on it. ALL FFB values maxed out, in game and on wheel, and managed to drive 5 hours, with only sanitary pitstops in between, and I had to gave up... The wheel won by far. Lol. Please take note that FFB sliders in game are working as transducers. I've managed, with ps4 and PC, to use the wheel without any clanking, so not using FEI. I also have the V2.5, and it is possible to make it clank (clipping) too. Just set the FFB values too high and you've got it. ;) @Damion Prevo you need a windows based pc, laptop or tablet. Windows V7 or later.
    Appreciate the info man.  I think many people are freaking out about the clank but it feels good to have some input from real users. Can't wait. 
  • Gtplanet.com posted Sony Confirms Four-Day Demo for Gran Turismo Sport Polyphony Digital studio head Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed a limited-time GT Sport demo, in a post on the PlayStation Blog. The demo will be available as a free download from the PlayStation Store, from 0900 GMT/UTC on October 9, with a pre-download available 48 hours earlier. The demo will run through to 1300 GMT/UTC on October 12, and players can transfer part of their progress into the full game.
  • I respect your opinion, it's just with the number of people complaining on this forum and others stating they didn't receive tracking or showed shipped and it didn't ship I didn't know what to expect from this company or what was going on.  I didn't want tracking just wanted an update if it would ship in time and that they didn't run out or anything. This is not some large company that I just naturally trust are on the ball, so when I spend $500 plus dollars I want a piece of quick communication that just says we have in stock and order will ship on time, especially when there are noted issues with the wheel and communication with other customers.  I've ordered from smaller companies like this one before that promised certain product within certain deadlines for new release products and months later still nothing.  If I had noticed people stating that they were receiving communication and everything was going well then I wouldn't have contacted them.  In the future I won't be so skeptical because I now have gained a bit of trust they they appear to do what they say.  I appreciate the opinion and help on with the other information from you though. Thanks, 
    I pre-ordered on September 15, the order page showed shipped on September 27, and no tracking number until October 2. 
  • Just received my wheel and pedals. Currently updating the firmware.

Quick Question the current latest Firmware is the v292 64bit correct?

That's the one I downloaded to my wheel and pedals.
  • No the latest driver version is 292. Firmware on your base will light up in display, when calibrated after powering it on, as 314. Have a very good weekend with your new gear ;)
  • No the latest driver version is 292. Firmware on your base will light up in display, when calibrated after powering it on, as 314. Have a very good weekend with your new gear ;)
    Got the 314 flashing on my wheel. Looks like it worked.

Did you calibrate on your ps4 or? I'm a Ps4 user
  • In game, pcars2, or after updating?
  • Oh YEAH!  Got my wheel Friday at noon, my wife signed the Fedex.  Didn't get off work till 4:30.  But it took about 90 minutes to get my old CSR off the Fanatec Wheel Stand, bolt on the new CSL Elite PS4, assemble and install CSL Elite Pedals, connect to PC and update to Firmware 292.  Then I tried out Project CARS on PS4, which is old so I played in Compatibility Mode Purple.  Took an hour to get it dialed in and figure out the FEI setting.  Then switched to the Xbox P1 rim and played Forza 7 in XBox One Mode Green.  Which was easier to dial in, but the FFB just isn't that great.  And the Forza Drivatar AI is terrible!  My PC is so weak and GPU obsolete, it was no need to even load up Assetto Corsa.  Final thoughts are the CSL Elite is INCREDIBLE!  FANATEC FOREVER!
  • Oh YEAH!  Got my wheel Friday at noon, my wife signed the Fedex.  Didn't get off work till 4:30.  But it took about 90 minutes to get my old CSR off the Fanatec Wheel Stand, bolt on the new CSL Elite PS4, assemble and install CSL Elite Pedals, connect to PC and update to Firmware 292.  Then I tried out Project CARS on PS4, which is old so I played in Compatibility Mode Purple.  Took an hour to get it dialed in and figure out the FEI setting.  Then switched to the Xbox P1 rim and played Forza 7 in XBox One Mode Green.  Which was easier to dial in, but the FFB just isn't that great.  And the Forza Drivatar AI is terrible!  My PC is so weak and GPU obsolete, it was no need to even load up Assetto Corsa.  Final thoughts are the CSL Elite is INCREDIBLE!  FANATEC FOREVER!

• Anybody having trouble with this wheel and Project Cars 2? My game sees it and the sequential shifters work but not the wheel or pedals. I have latest firmware from the product downloads pages. Any thoughts?  It seems to work ok with Assetto Corsa but there is a lot of clipping and clanking.

-Justin
  • edited October 2017
    Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
  • where i can use this O-ring... what am i miss... is it important part?
  • Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
    I’m using PC for pcars 2 and AC. Sorry I should have said that.
    Hello heemoon,

the O-ring is a a spare part for the quick release. You will find one already installed on the quick release system of your wheelbase.
  • edited October 2017
    Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
    I've had same trouble. If you did not touch the brand and type of the wheel, you'll only have to assign the wheel, pedals and shifter in H pattern, if you use one, in the controls assign tab. After that, calibrate the wheel and pedals. If you did mess with the brand and type of the wheel. Close game first. Go to "my documents" folder on your pc, choose pcars folder, save game folder and click again. Then you should see a file named "controllersettings" erase that one completely. Start up pcars2 again, choose the CSL E PS4 Base and go to button assign page. Assign wheel left and right, pedals etc. And you're good to go. With thanks to @Maurice Böschen for this tip.
  • Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
    I've had same trouble. If you did not touch the brand and type of the wheel, you'll only have to assign the wheel, pedals and shifter in H pattern, if you use one, in the controls assign tab. After that, calibrate the wheel and pedals. If you did mess with the brand and type of the wheel. Close game first. Go to "my documents" folder on your pc, choose pcars folder, save game folder and click again. Then you should see a file named "controllersettings" erase that one completely. Start up pcars2 again, choose the CSL E PS4 Base and go to button assign page. Assign wheel left and right, pedals etc. And you're good to go. With thanks to @Maurice Böschen for this tip.
    You are a life saver. I was very frustrated by this for 3 hours between yesterday when the wheel arrived and today. I was playing pcars2 with my old CSW V1 for the last few weeks. Not sure if that was a part of the confusion (by the game) or not. But thanks to your tips above all is good. New base is very nice so far. More comments to come as I get a a chance to turn more laps. 

Thank you! And thanks to Maurice.

-J
  • Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel
    Always better to leave FFB at 100 or Auto on wheel, reduce FFB in game settings
  • edited October 2017
    Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel
    Always better to leave FFB at 100 or Auto on wheel, reduce FFB in game settings
    Yes, +1. Leave FF in the tuning menu at 100 and adjust ALWAYS in game if you have clipping as even written in the manual:

"The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force
    feedback effects from software / games are sent to the CSL Elite Racing Wheel.
    If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the CSL
    Elite Racing Wheel motor. If FF is set to 001, the motor will execute only 1% of
    the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of
    the maximum motor power. It is recommended to leave this setting at 100 and
    turn down the in-game setting in case you have force feedback clipping."

So with FF set to 75 the motor will not run on its full power but only with 75% of its maximum power, so not with it's full 6 NM potential but only with 4,5 NM.
    Hello heemoon,

the O-ring is a a spare part for the quick release. You will find one already installed on the quick release system of your wheelbase.
    thank you sascha