Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• edited October 2017
    ...I would have regretted my purchase should this not be resolved succesfully.

And so many others would do.
  • Can you help me please ?

I bought this wheel, plugged into PS4 turned on the assetto corsa and everything worked. On the second start, however, the steering wheel stopped working. The buttons on the steering wheel work but the steering wheel does not work. The steering wheel is in blue mode and has the latest update.
  • The silence is deafening. Does anyone know I'd polyphony or Sony has even bothered to give there side of the story. I'm guessing they won't bother saying anything because it's such a small market size. They would not want to give fanatec any publicity. And they are pushing the new thrustmaster wheel.

I bought this wheel, plugged into PS4 turned on the assetto corsa and everything worked. On the second start, however, the steering wheel stopped working. The buttons on the steering wheel work but the steering wheel does not work. The steering wheel is in blue mode and has the latest update.

Contact support chat. It’s the red box on the right side of the homepage. Or you can start a traditional support ticket. They are very backed up with people contacting them concerning GT Sport so give them time to get back to you

I have issues with the pedals! The wheel works fine but the pedals aren't recognised. Seems even with just the wheel activated the game is defaulting to controller as I guess the wheel is recognised as one. I've even setup custom profiles. Never had an issue before was using it fine earlier. Really not happy with AC feels very poor compared to what i've heard on PC with the CSL and now this. Fanatec is a wash with problems right now.
  • edited October 2017
    Sorry, the link below is in German only. For those of you who are interested in. Some comment from Thomas in terms of his thoughts about wheel selling forecast related to the GT Sport release.
    https://m.onvista.de/news/dgap-adhoc-endor-ag-lizenzvereinbarung-mit-sony-zur-playstation-4-deutsch-67484917
  • Sorry, the link below is in German only. For those of you who are interested in. Some comment from Thomas in terms of his thoughts about wheel selling forecast related to the GT Sport release.
    https://m.onvista.de/news/dgap-adhoc-endor-ag-lizenzvereinbarung-mit-sony-zur-playstation-4-deutsch-67484917
    Can you do a quick translation. Just the important parts
  • I'm sure, Thomas would love to do so. If not I can try it later. I hope my English is sufficient.
  • I just had a look at this. I can't see any reference to GT sport compatabilityt Only one where it mentions Fanatec secured licenses for PS4 integration in the form of the CSL Wheel Base & further support for Fanatec accessories. It then went to mention the product is now available in the USA 

It then goes on from that to say that they expected due to the wheel being available across global regions they could meet demand for bases upon the release of upcoming titles, GT Sport, Forza, and Project Cars 2 with a final mention that due to games being steadily released until years end this should create a better yearly turn over for Fanatec.

So even when this was wrote in July Fanatec or Thomas I should say were stating they expected the CSL base to be compatible with GT Sport and the other racing titles which the wheel base now functions fully on.
  • Perfect summary. Many thanks!
  • So why is it not working now? I hope this is good news. Because it still sounds like a promotional interview with no real concrete news about full compatability.
  • So why is it not working now? I hope this is good news. Because it still sounds like a promotional interview with no real concrete news about full compatability.
    What we really need is someone in the community to collate all the evidence surrounding GT Sport and Fanatec, so that either we can put it too Thomas directly and or write an open letter to Sony to try and establish a common ground/ We as the community should feel valued, respected and appreciated for ultimately being the pin that holds the industry together the individuals who go out spending our hard earned cash in order to use this products and services.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but we as a community shouldn't have to feel like we sing to a hymn sheet that we ourselves can't help write. Ultimately we are the people who created the necessity for something like this so it should be built on the grounds for the community by the community. from there we outreach to those who we believe can help us in achieving them like Thomas if we ourselves don't have the capacity to do so but he is only one person as a community with Thomas on board we have a voice a platform to which we can demand answers and potentially change how consumers are viewed in the future.

This must be used as an example going forward to ensure issues like this don't occur again. I've began experiencing compatability issues with Assetto Corsa as well. We need to come together and be the force behind our community not to be lead by developers. 
  • Ahmad MahrAhmad Mahr Member
    edited October 2017
    Let's be honest we all know what's going on here. Thrustmaster signed a deal with Sony so they could sale that TG-T as they are going to get a huge cut of that overpriced wheel. In exchange Sony aka Gran Turismo is not providing the drivers for the fanatec wheel for a couple of weeks or months so people can buy the TGT first. They are not going to allow the fanatec a head start when they don't release their wheel until 10/17 especially with how well and cheap the fanatec is. They know the wheel will be DOA. Look what they did with the G29. Logitech leaves the market. Sony doesn't want that so they say ok we will make your old wheels incompatible and u can make the exact same wheel with different buttons. Sony is sheisty. Why do u think fanatec has had such a hard time trying to break through Sony's wheel monopoly, cause Sony is putting up red tape and roadblocks. Fanatic knows all this but because they didn't want to lose sales they lied to us or led us on so we would buy the wheel while they worked it out. I'm not mad though. PC2 is great and I wouldn't buy Logitech wheel because they won't support g27 and thrustmasters are unreliable.
    What we really need is someone in the community to collate all the evidence surrounding GT Sport and Fanatec, so that either we can put it too Thomas directly and or write an open letter to Sony to try and establish a common ground/ We as the community should feel valued, respected and appreciated for ultimately being the pin that holds the industry together the individuals who go out spending our hard earned cash in order to use this products and services.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but we as a community shouldn't have to feel like we sing to a hymn sheet that we ourselves can't help write. Ultimately we are the people who created the necessity for something like this so it should be built on the grounds for the community by the community. from there we outreach to those who we believe can help us in achieving them like Thomas if we ourselves don't have the capacity to do so but he is only one person as a community with Thomas on board we have a voice a platform to which we can demand answers and potentially change how consumers are viewed in the future.

This must be used as an example going forward to ensure issues like this don't occur again. I've began experiencing compatability issues with Assetto Corsa as well. We need to come together and be the force behind our community not to be lead by developers. 
    I think you said it better than all of us with this statement. This in itself could be used an an open letter and I think you have spoken for all of us. We want answers. We have all shown are support over the year with both hardware and software which has been to the financial gain of both fanatec and Sony. Why should we the people who finance these products be left in the dark. Unfortunately Sony has been tight lipt throughout this whole fiasco which keeps them clear of any legal action regarding false advertising. However, fanatec are not. I'm not about to stick the boot into fanatec because I do believe they are just as much victims of Sony /polyphony regarding the promise of compatability with GT sport. After all the wheel is still compatible. Even if it excludes force feed back or the use of a handbrake or shifter. So let's face it. They kept there side of the bargain but just not to the extent that we all expected. This forum should be presented to Sony so they know just how we feel about there actions. They have very little respect for the people that spend good money on they're products. Let's face face it simply racers are not the average people who buy 3 or 4 games a year. I buy every racing game that comes out as well as all the expensive hardware like the ps pro and ps vr. Why should I be punished for choosing a licenced wheel just because Sony prefer a lower qulaity product made by thrustmaster or logitech. For the record I bought the g29 as well but it's rubbish compared to the fanatec stuff. If Sony has the sense to pay someone to handle there PR which can only assume they do. Then you need to get the finger out and take us seriously. I don't want to punish fanatec for this mistake. I feel they are being hung out to dry. But I won't be buying this game. I've already bought forza 7. As I'm lucky enough to own both consoles I can. Only ever recommend one. Guess which one I would recommend if someone asked me. I'll give you a clue, it's not made by Sony! !
  • Someone write an open letter and I'm happy to give my support. Clearly we are all on the same page here but the sooner the better. The game is out in less than a week and if we wait on them sorting it out it will be 3 20 gig updates and my hard drive will be full with crap I don't need.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hey guys, I am really sorry to let you guys a little bit in the dark for now. Rest assure that this topic has high priority at Sony and we in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi to get a clear picture. We will make a full statement before the launch of the game.
  • edited October 2017
    Actually I'm much more interested in a solution than in a 'full statement'!

So I would prefer PD is spending their development resources on a patch instead of creating statements...

• ...We need a definitive answer, statement or something to break down what's happened here which as a community we deserve to know otherwise we've mostly bought on the base of false representation and false advertising...
    Because of this here comes my suggestion just in case this mess won't be sorted out by Fanatec and Polyphony. All of us who purchased this CSL Elite wheel for the PS4 will get a partial refund from Fanatec in order to by this Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter.

And if this sounds somehow unfair to you Thomas I would say it's your turn to reclaim this funding from Sony/PD.
    How about that?
    Sounds fair
    Sounds fair... I bought a PS4pro, PSVR, CSL Elite PS4, Racing seat, preordered steelbook edition of GTSport.... ONLY TO FIND OUT THE WHEEL IS NOT SUPPORTED.... thoroughly disappointed.  Please shed some light as to when this will be resolved.  Thanks.
  • MIKE RENWICKMIKE RENWICK Member
    edited October 2017
    Glad to hear Thomas say that Fanatec are in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi as he is the person I blame for this mess! He claims to be passionate about wanting to give customers the best possible driving experience - not something you will get with Thrustmaster and Logitech. I do feel sorry for all the negative publicity Fanatec are receiving. Polyphony have undoubtedly created a visually stunning game, Sony the PS4 PRO which lets be honest isn't up to the job either for VR and there is a lot of screen draw / things disappearing during game play. Exciting times ahead for gamers if only companies put the customer experience first rather than cash! Not an honourable  position to take Kaz!

Well I really hope things get sorted here, because I find Assetto Corsa very disappointing with the CSL and F1 is okay for the type of title it is.

I would have regretted my purchase should this not be resolved succesfully. But any advice is welcome for AC for wheel or in game settings,

Well I really hope things get sorted here, because I find Assetto Corsa very disappointing with the CSL and F1 is okay for the type of title it is.

I would have regretted my purchase should this not be resolved succesfully. But any advice is welcome for AC for wheel or in game settings,

Hey guys, I am really sorry to let you guys a little bit in the dark for now. Rest assure that this topic has high priority at Sony and we in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi to get a clear picture. We will make a full statement before the launch of the game.

• Glad to hear Thomas say that Fanatec are in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi as he is the person I blame for this mess! He claims to be passionate about wanting to give customers the best possible driving experience - not something you will get with Thrustmaster and Logitech. I do feel sorry for all the negative publicity Fanatec are receiving. Polyphony have undoubtedly created a visually stunning game, Sony the PS4 PRO which lets be honest isn't up to the job either for VR and there is a lot of screen draw / things disappearing during game play. Exciting times ahead for gamers if only companies put the customer experience first rather than cash! Not an honourable  position to take Kaz!
  • edited October 2017
    Hi Thomas,
    until this issue is solved you should urgently update your CSL Elite product page! I really wonder that it's still unchanged after all this and shows content which is clearly not true!

Or wouldn't you call GT Sport an upcoming advanced driving simulator game?
  • Let's be frank here, it's not about blame or who's in the right or wrong this is about prinicipal and serving your community that keeps the industries alive especially on such a limited market as the consoles. We can't comment on other products because each individual is so different both in driving style, driving expectations in addition to the types of equipment one may seek to use. They're is world leading "Sim" drivers who don't use the best equipment it's about being functional and comfortable with your hardware not as many may believe having the best available.

To comment on VR. I think the whole thing needs to be put to rest, I bought it very cheap due to a refund error by an online distributor but had I of paid full price I wouldn't have bought it given the specs of either the standard or "Pro" PS4. With the limited hardware resources one has to be honest and say it's near impossible to deliver a fully integrated VR experience on any scale with the way that the Playstation is powered currently. They've got to make the consoles accessible to all not the few when it comes to VR and due to this I doubt in this PS4 era we shall see anything close to what people may expect from VR.

As for Thomas, whilst I appreciate your response it doesn't have any substance. Again we're forced to be at the hands of those people we trust in to provide us with the best experiences. As for yourself and the development teams "Racers" like us. I have sufficant doubts cast over any integration from the outset and due to this have to question whether we'll encounter this problem in the future with other titles.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports No reason to panic.
  • edited October 2017

As for Thomas, whilst I appreciate your response it doesn't have any substance.
    Correct!
  • There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports No reason to panic.
    Ok then, can we bet on that? If so, we can close this thread and flag the discussion as 'solved'.
  • There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports No reason to panic.
    That was the answer everyone was waiting for Thomas. It's not happening at launch though is it?
  • Call for a voting from SIMRACINGGIRL...
  • Being honest I do own the elite wheel and even if it is not fully compatible on launch as long as it gets solved in less than a month I think we are ok. I mean it is a much better wheel than the thrustmaster and even more affordable.
  • Hey guys, I am really sorry to let you guys a little bit in the dark for now. Rest assure that this topic has high priority at Sony and we in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi to get a clear picture. We will make a full statement before the launch of the game.
    Also tell him that we are canceling our pre orders for GT Sport because of this. Again we are the ones suffering from their stupidities.
  • Jason OswaldJason Oswald Member
    edited October 2017
    There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports No reason to panic
    I am just about to place an order so I can receive ready for launch. Therefore, please could you confirm that if I experience any issues with Gran Turismo Sport, you will accept a return and provide a full refund?