???

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited November 2017 in Blog
So what is this?

Comments

• Scott AvoyScott Avoy Member
    edited November 2017
    A new steering wheel in the CSL Line.  Something related to XXX..So I'm saying a XXX.

P.S.  Maybe the rollover name for the image file should have been something less descriptive :) :)
    EDITED by moderator: Thanks for the hint ;)
  • I agree, looks like a new formula rim
  • looks like two new rims, one CSL rim and finally a new ClubSport Rim?! :-)
    Black Friday can't come soon enough :-)
  • You can see the Fanatec CSL logo in the top left but what is throwing me is there are two QL systems in play, one the same as the other CSL systems and one metal like the clubsport with ball bearings. Presumably something like the Formula Black and Formula Carbon with one slightly more expensive but nicer components and in this case Clubsport QL instead of a CSL QL?
  • Bin gespannt. 
  • edited November 2017
    I love the Fun Games but Given the fact that this will be for pre order only thanks Giving weekend and thats Next Week and Less than 10 days i think it would be very relevant to post full information and Price point of the New Product so we can better judge if its a Must have item and Budget accordingly ---> I dont want to waste My $$$ buying a Turkey and all the trimmings when i can put that $$$ to better use buying Sim Racing Gear $-)
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    So Spagetti for your family, Lorrell :)
  • I dont want to waste My $$$ buying a Turkey and all the trimmings when i can put that $$$ to better use buying Sim Racing Gear $-)
    Well said sir!
  • Yes agree with all of you guys that's why FANATEC is the best!!!! And that's why I preffer wait to the CLS came to America to have the best!!!
    Thanks Thomas, just hope came in the price range of the CLS Elite Xbox Rim.
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • Yes agree with all of you guys that's why FANATEC is the best!!!! And that's why I preffer wait to the CLS came to America to have the best!!!
    Thanks Thomas, just hope came in the price range of the CLS Elite Xbox Rim.
    Congratulations!!!!!!
    And I real Quick Release System!!!!
  • So watching there's 2 rims and the CLS look like will have a release system like the others in the line. Thomas you will have to talk with Racing Sim Girl because one of the two cons she talk was the lack of options in the CLS range!!!!!
    To the record yesterday I put the Formula Rim in my shopping cart.... Will wait.
  • i think there is two wheels
  • A formula wheel compatible with Xbox One. 
  • Could one be an F1 rim for the Podium series?
  • edited November 2017
    Ooooohhhhh Yes!
    About time. As the caption states "there is no finish line" I would hope for a Rally rim but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    With all the carbon fiber, I would lean toward a F1 rim.
    Black Friday sales my finally get me to order my setup.
  • I hate you, Thomas...in the nicest way possible!

I can't even focus at work right now.  However, you may have just lost a sale, albeit replaced with a new one(!), as I was about to pull the trigger on CSW V2.5 and accessories... but I can be patient, though!
  • there is no finish line

a (csl elite) F1 rim with a big data Display and a nike Logo

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Joe Q said:

there is no finish line

This quote is actually not from Nike but another famous sportsman ;)
  • Guys I got it!!!!! theres a Mclaren Official Rim!!!!!!! for sure the Nike Logo is part of it and almost for sure is the 650 GT3 one, Yesssss!!!!!
  • It's allways exciting to see new Fanatec products. And so this thread at least reduces the attention on the CSL-Elite compatibility issues which are posted below this new guessing game...

From my perspective it's much more important to see the CSL Elite wheel fully working with PC 2 and GTSport on the PS4 console. I hope we will see some progress here soon...

• look this video and you will see all the similarity's

Yesss!!!!! hope this one is is the CLS

Off Topic

Thomas please make shure Assetto Corsa solve the problem of the ABS and TRAC get solve to the next upgrade!!!!!!

• Could be this one as well...
  • Hope 650s GT3 the 12C is out of production. 
  • If it is for the CSL line (which it looks like one of them is)...man, if we got an F1 rim, with xbox one compatibility...wow.
  • Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes I think this is a F1 styled Rim for the CSL Series  :) Would be a smart decision to offer this for black friday as the F1 Rim of the Clubsport Series is one of the best sellers  ;) Im really looking forward to all new upcoming rims Fanatec has yet to reveal   :D
  • Joe Q said:

there is no finish line

This quote is actually not from Nike but another famous sportsman ;)
    Joan Benoit-Samuelson?
  • Daid MarxDaid Marx Member
    edited November 2017
    The only thing that says two different wheels to me are the two QR mechanisms pictured.  I don't see anything else that points to two totally different products. I'm going to guess that the wheel will be available with either CS/CSL/or Podium(?) QR system.  I also think it points more towards a sports car wheel (like those pictured by other posters) as opposed to an F1 wheel.  The current F1 wheel is fine, although the difference between today's F1 rims and a modern GTE/P1/P2 rims are negligible from a sim racing perspective. Hopefully this one will provide a more robust grip diameter for larger hands than the current Fanatec F1. The main thing missing from any of the wheels is a detailed display, but there are too many variables from the game manufacturers to spend time developing a display that works well with only one or two games.  This is a shame because it would be awesome to have a wheel with a generic screen that could mirror the real life steering wheel display of the car you are driving.......someday maybe.
  • If you look two and three boxes above the "Th" in "There" you can see what looks to be a nice digital display.  I can see the "S1" in the lower left corner which is probably Settings #1 and there looks to be a 'P" with the rest of it cropped out.

I agree with what others have said ... it looks VERY similar to a McLaren GT3 steering wheel.

I'm excited

SA
  • hopefully a fully compatible F1 style wheel for Xbox one X.....please
  • Well Joe, 

In my point of view Thomas like the intelligent guy it is will make the rim to work with the 3 bases the two CLS and the CSR if possible.