Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• Recon you should do a 12 days of Christmas auction as well. 24th - 6th Jan.
    But instead of this type of auction. Do a Dutch type auction (like the flower markets- google it).

Were the max sale price is reduced by $5 every minute or 30 minutes(whatever set) until someone hits buy!
    Basicallly hit a Buy it Now button on a reducing £££$$$ figure. Price starts high and reduces until someone buys it.

Just a thought and a bit of fun. Sure fanatic wouldn't lose out too much money. As most will sell with only a few $ or £ savings.

Also remove the time remaining in current auction will add more to the game.
  • btw...will be bidding every day for fun and help the auction along.

Few questions @Thomas.
    With your comment of pay "immediately".   I'm assuming you mean the same day? Or will you know if your bid has WON IMMEDIATLY? 
    If so. then how long??  Minutes or hours. As some of us may need to shuffle money around in accounts before checkout.
    Does the winning bid(item) just get added to your basket on winning?
  • Wow, latest auction finished before my page refreshed.  Slow internet connections - don't bother.
  • I never get an email of the auction start and when I do it will probably be top late. bummer.
  • I can't even subscribe to the auction newsletter...
    :-?

• So if I understand correctly, you basically bid until you reach the actual discounted price and the winner is the one who were lucky to place their bid at the right time to reach the actual discounted price?
    This is correct

So if I am understanding this correctly the actual Price of each product will be in the range of 10 to 90% below the regular Price.

So as the first bid always starts at 1€ this would mean for any product over 20€ regular Price the first bid will be a guaranteed loss.
    In fact any bid until you get in the 10-90% discount range will be a guaranteed loss.

So if everyone actually wants the product the bidding war should never start because if you are not doing it "just for fun" why should you ever place a bid?

I would say the first bid should start at the -90% point not at 1€ so every bid at least has a theoretical chance of winning.
  • To the Fanatec community, 

Can a Mac computer be used to upgrade firmware of the Club Sport V2.5 Wheel Base (as opposed to a windows PC)?
    Sorry for replying to an off-topic question, but Google is awfully silent when it comes to Fanatec and Mac and I want this information to be out there.

/rant
    Strangely enough there is no native app to upgrade on Mac. A decade ago I could have understood, but developing for both platforms simultaneously and crosscompiling is easy these days, so having a simple Mac app that upgrades the firmware shouldn't be that hard to develop and maintain. Not sure why Fanatec chooses to not create such app; it cannot be much of an investment.
    /rant

That said... Yes, there is a way to upgrade your wheel base on Mac!
    Here are instructions on how to do it completely for free and legally, without having to repartition your Mac or buy Windows. @Thomas: feel free to add this info to the manual or download section.

On Mac, do the following:

* Download and install the VirtualBox app for OS X (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
    * Uncompress the downloaded zip file by double clicking it
    * Open VirtualBox
    * Select "File > Import Appliance..." and pick the unzipped OVF file
    * Start the virtual machine ("Machine > Start > Normal Start"

Now you have Windows up and running on your Mac in a virtual machine. In Windows, follow the regular procedure for PC users to  download and upgrade to the latest firmware. Once you are done you can quit the VirtualBox app.

• edited December 2017

I have subcribe me on the auction letter but i did not receive any mail. I have continue watch the site and only missed 20 minutes and te auction was started en closed within 10 minutes. I am waiting for the PS4 bundle but unfortunately I am afraid that is will missed this one. How can we solved this? Or do you also offer a special bundle christmas price for the PS4 bundle like black friday? Please let me know. Kind regards, Gertjan
    That's sounds strange... I just sent you a PM to check what can be happening.
    Unfortunately I have the exact same problem as Gertjan, already checked my spam folder but no mails regarding the advert calendar, I'm missing out on all the deals :(.

Hopefully there is a fix for me as well ?
    with kind regards,
    Sylvester
  • edited December 2017
    For me, I really dislike this system. The 3rd day Formula wheel was gone in under 40 seconds. Thats ridiculous especially considering how random and unpredictable this system is. Id rather see a simple raffle. You show the item and the price it will go for. People can enter the raffle, after X time (2 hours?) the system picks a winner, winner pays for the item, voila. Just as much of a chance thing as now but much more fair to the people who dont have time to sit behind their screen and press bid in the hope they, within 40 seconds, hit bid at the right time.

• So if I understand correctly, you basically bid until you reach the actual discounted price and the winner is the one who were lucky to place their bid at the right time to reach the actual discounted price?
    This is correct

So if I am understanding this correctly the actual Price of each product will be in the range of 10 to 90% below the regular Price.

So as the first bid always starts at 1€ this would mean for any product over 20€ regular Price the first bid will be a guaranteed loss.
    In fact any bid until you get in the 10-90% discount range will be a guaranteed loss.

So if everyone actually wants the product the bidding war should never start because if you are not doing it "just for fun" why should you ever place a bid?

I would say the first bid should start at the -90% point not at 1€ so every bid at least has a theoretical chance of winning.
    I think this situation is avoided by the fact that there is a end time. If nobody bids over the 6€ bid before the end of the auction, the person with the 6€ bid (or whatever amount under the guaranteed discount) will win the auction. The guaranteed discount is there to add a luck element and to ensure that people will get a discounted product. Otherwise, chances are that all the auctions will go to 90%-99% of the regular price because there always will be people interested in buying said product even with a very low discount.
  • how can i pay this i won today
  •  This is awesome!
  • Where do i see, if the daily auction is already over?
  • how can i pay this i won today
    When you click on "My Account" on the top menu, you will be directed to a page that has a link referring to "Unpaid won auctions"

You can continue the payment process from there.

If you find any problem with it, feel free to send me a PM!
  • Guys. 3 so far and only had one email for 1 of them. It came at 8.15am saying auction starting shortly but see 1st bids showing starting around 14.00. So what time usi g vs UK time please guys just so I can be sure.
  • To the Fanatec community, 

Can a Mac computer be used to upgrade firmware of the Club Sport V2.5 Wheel Base (as opposed to a windows PC)?
    Sorry for replying to an off-topic question, but Google is awfully silent when it comes to Fanatec and Mac and I want this information to be out there.

/rant
    Strangely enough there is no native app to upgrade on Mac. A decade ago I could have understood, but developing for both platforms simultaneously and crosscompiling is easy these days, so having a simple Mac app that upgrades the firmware shouldn't be that hard to develop and maintain. Not sure why Fanatec chooses to not create such app; it cannot be much of an investment.
    /rant

That said... Yes, there is a way to upgrade your wheel base on Mac!
    Here are instructions on how to do it completely for free and legally, without having to repartition your Mac or buy Windows. @Thomas: feel free to add this info to the manual or download section.

On Mac, do the following:

* Download and install the VirtualBox app for OS X (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
    * Uncompress the downloaded zip file by double clicking it
    * Open VirtualBox
    * Select "File > Import Appliance..." and pick the unzipped OVF file
    * Start the virtual machine ("Machine > Start > Normal Start"

Now you have Windows up and running on your Mac in a virtual machine. In Windows, follow the regular procedure for PC users to  download and upgrade to the latest firmware. Once you are done you can quit the VirtualBox app.

Thank you P.M.A Atoon! :)

Sorry for posting an off topic question but I did not know where else to post the question! :)

Thanks for this P.M.A Atoon! This is great! I will try this! :)
  • Pretty useless system. I like the idea though and every concept needs finetuning. So maybe we can come up with something better for next year? For me the auction script isn't even loading.

I like the the raffle that was mentioned above. You know the price, and enter for a chance to win. Now the person that has the most time to sit and monitor a website and has the luck of a good connection and no errors gets the item. Maybe even someone wrote a script for it, probably not that hard as there is no "human check"?
  • For me the auction script isn't even loading.

I"?
    Same for me, plus the fact only had 1 auction reminder email on Saturday morning.
  • Here is what Im getting.
  • Here is what Im getting.
    the same proble for me - chrome and explorer
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We are currently making some changes and needed to reboot the auction server which hosts this script. It will be back soon.
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited December 2017
    Here is what Im getting.
    the same proble for me - chrome and explorer
    The rest of the fanatec website loads fast and good. Only the advent calender page doesnt load right and is very slow to actually load. Here another screenshot I took at 11:41am
  • We are currently making some changes and needed to reboot the auction server which hosts this script. It will be back soon.
    Ah OK Thomas,

And Thankyou for letting us know Thomas ;)
  • So when is the bidding starting? I cannot find any information on it.
    I already registered for the mail, but never had one.
    edited December 2017
    So when is the bidding starting? I cannot find any information on it.
    Auction start and end times as well as the duration changes daily and it is different in both regions. 

Auction start and end times as well as the duration changes daily and it is different in both regions. 

So that means I have to monitor the website 24/7?

So that means I have to monitor the website 24/7?
    I thought I had read that it would be between 9am and 9pm, but can not find this now, and as the subscribed too email reminders are not working, then yes it would appear you need to watch page all day or at least between 9am and 9pm.
  • The advent calendar does not work. What is the problem?
  • The advent calendar does not work. What is the problem?

We are currently making some changes and needed to reboot the auction server which hosts this script. It will be back soon.

edited December 2017
    Fanatec,
     Please make this work asap, because my already grey old hair will start to be pulled out after 4 hours of me watching and refreshing the advent calendar page.

Now it works 1 time out of 5 or 6 and slow to load/reload (15-30 seconds)

If this continues till christmas, then when Santa comes down the chimney I think I would takeout my frustration on him. (lol)

UPDATE.(15.03) Now showing "Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I'm done for now Guys, My head is Literally going too explode with the Headache I've now got refreshing this bloody Advent Calendar page for over 4 and a half hours. 

Guess I will just have to try later and see if missed this one aswell.