Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    $11 Auction closed? That’s crazy. Either Fanatec is being extremely generous or there is a serious glitch in the system. Would love to get a bid in.
  • The 1st three days worked fine for me. I missed the handbrake by one bid but thats ok. I think the auction style fanatec chose is fine and bidding rules are fair. Rewarding people that make a little effort is a great change of pace. They already giveaway plenty of product. If it wasnt for these server and email issues there would be alot less to complain about. If theres any rule to change for the sake of fairness then i would limit the number of auctions one household can win. If possible you may want to look out for suspicious behavior to make sure people aren't gaming the website with scripts. Reducing bid increments to $1 seems abit low though. Are there that many people bidding on these? Lets hope the server issues get fixed so we can see.
  • Could not load the auction script?
  • Wow, what another clusterf*$% by Fanatec.  503 error ALL day...then BAM! Done.  You are 0:2 this season. :(
  •  Reducing bid increments to $1 seems abit low though. Are there that many people bidding on these? Lets hope the server issues get fixed so we can see.
    Well, if they sold at $11, 3 people made a bid.  
  • Come on guys. I think the setup is just fine Thomas (in regards to the $5 increments), yea the server for the overall site definitely needs improving under heavy load, but somehow I won the CSW/BMW auction (a wheel I couldn't afford anytime soon), using the rules of the game and nothing more, in one of the lowest ranked countries on the planet when it comes to Internet quality/speed (hint: we just got destroyed by one of the worst hurricanes ever 3 months ago). You lost a FREE auction guys, it's not like you actually paid €5 per bid. If the price for a quality product is too steep, save up or move on like everyone else.
  • I couldn’t load the auction and I never got chance to bid
  • Interesting idea, I missed the pedals and it looks like nobody got the pedals in my region. I got the msg the auction was starting but it wasn’t open and was over with no winner when I checked later. If you only get one bid how does it get going. Bidding $11 just wastes your chance to win, you know this is too low and you can’t bid again right? You can’t bid a price you think might have a chance to win with and you can only raise by $5, so why would anyone make early bids? Am I misunderstanding how this works?
  • Hmm, Yesterday I received 403 errors all day and today I'm getting 404 errors, not sure we're improving...
    Getting very frustrated by this as I really wanted to bid on yesterday's pedals and had the page load for me at 106,- only to find out I wasn't logged in anymore, after login I couldn't get the page to load anymore. 5 minutes later I got a response to see the auction closed at 111,-, just 1 bid after 106, mind you the bid I wanted to make...

I know this is a great end of years celebration by Fanatec and I appreciate the effort, but it doesn't feel like it creates the right spirit... a raffle where everybody actually has equal chances feels fairer and then it's really a christmas spirit kind of giveaway. Now it leaves lots of people behind utterly frustrated as they felt they had a chance and know they missed out by almost nothing... This game creates far more losers than winners, which I doubt was the intend.
  • NANCY RAJPUTNANCY RAJPUT Member
    edited December 2017
    The reachability of the advent calendar is totally crap. I tried every day to place a bid, but it is nearly impossible. 

I hoped, that you have learned from the Black Friday weekend.

Cheers
  • The reachability of the advent calendar is totally crap. I tried every day to place a bid, but it is nearly impossible. 

I hoped, that you have learned from the Black Friday weekend.

Cheers
    Although I find it frustrating too, it is unrealistic to think that they could have improved their servers within two weeks. I think they mainly have a capacity/bandwidth problem, which isn't fixed by changing a bi of code. I think they need some beefier (or more) servers. Even if they ordered them right after black Friday, I think it will take another few weeks until they're up and running.
  • Seems like the auction page still can't handle the traffic. Quite disappointing situation.

And it looks like the Advent calendar page is auto-refreshing every 60secs, but not the auction/product page.
  • Hi Fanatec team,
    It's not possible for me as the hundred of other customer to access the auction page of your product or to bid. Sometimes i see the time moving and sometime it's blocked. It's not possible for me to bid also.
    I hope that you will do your best to find a solution and to let everybody be on the same circumstance. To let everybody have access and be able to bid on the same time.

Regards,
    Hamadi
  • 404 all the time - same yesterday
  • Es ist genau der gleiche Mißt wie am BlackFriday...
    Warum funktioniert ausgerechnet die Seite nicht, bei der man als Kunde eventuell etwas profitabel wieder zurückbekommen könnte?
    Schließlich hat jeder Fanatec-Kunde in Vergangenheit massig Geld für die Peripherie hingelegt. Die restlichen Seiten funktionieren einwandfrei, wo die Geräte zu regulären Preisen erhältlich sind.

Verstehe absolut nicht warum man solche Aktionen startet und nicht dafür sorgt, daß es dann auch perfekt klappt...
  • 75% of the page loads, then stops for 20-30 then finish loading onky to show 404
  • On yesterday auction it was imposible to make a bid, the system hangs when I clicked the bid button it doesn't did anything. Today the system is down and show a 404 nginx error.
  • Never received e-mail auction not working for me :((
  • Frank LehmannFrank Lehmann Member
    edited December 2017
    My notification email was in spam folder. So be sure to check it too. ;)

PS: I don't mean todays email.
  • Fanatec. Please cancel this bidding setup because it just isnt working. If possible could you please change to a raffle type system. Maybe use members numbers and use a pc program to pick the numbers at say 5-6pm each day or even do it the old way like lottery. You could even tape a 1 minute video per day showing Thomas picking a members number out of a raffle bucket or clear lottery type ball? Maybe the way too be in the raffle can be that a member can agree to pay a 1 euro fee to be in the days raffle and is told what the prize is and its value but not have to pay for it.?? Infact another option you could do if possible is to charge members who agree to be in that days raffle a fee of 1 euro and you then use all the total of the members 1 euro payments too offer even bigger raffle prizes and the more that enter then the bigger the prizes ?? Can members imagine the chances to win 500-1000-1500-2000++ in Fanatec Stuff for 1 euro everyday till christmas. Wow... Even better and my dream would be to have the chance for 1 euro to win your new podium dd servo with mclaren wheel and it be delivered 1 week before official release. MY DREAM....
  • Hope i can make a bid to. Great prices
  • edited December 2017
    Fanatec. Please cancel this bidding setup because it just isnt working. If possible could you please change to a raffle type system. Maybe use members numbers and use a pc program to pick the numbers at say 5-6pm each day or even do it the old way like lottery. You could even tape a 1 minute video per day showing Thomas picking a members number out of a raffle bucket or clear lottery type ball? Maybe the way too be in the raffle can be that a member can agree to pay a 1 euro fee to be in the days raffle and is told what the prize is and its value but not have to pay for it.?? Infact another option you could do if possible is to charge members who agree to be in that days raffle a fee of 1 euro and you then use all the total of the members 1 euro payments too offer even bigger raffle prizes and the more that enter then the bigger the prizes ?? Can members imagine the chances to win 500-1000-1500-2000++ in Fanatec Stuff for 1 euro everyday till christmas. Wow... Even better and my dream would be to have the chance for 1 euro to win your new podium dd servo with mclaren wheel and it be delivered 1 week before official release. MY DREAM....
    I like the idea but I don't know if there could be problems with any gambling regulations...

Anyway, the auction with the actual web performance is useless for most of us. I know that I only could connect, when the auction ends and the server load decreases.

I would prefer a random system (even with previous inscription), than a web availabity dependant system, as is now.
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited December 2017
    should have just used ebay.... this is stupid lol...especially with one bids...can't even try to win at the end with a high bid. you just gotta be the "last" bid.
  • Is anyone else getting pretty tired of this? To be quite honest, I'm losing faith in Fanatec, and I'm not even an owner. First, many held out hope that the CSL PS4 starter pack would be discounted on Black Friday, but nope, Xbox starter pack only. It shut out an entire platform of gamers that is relatively untapped by them thus far; just by offering a slight discount they could have jumped all over the PS4 market after not being in it for a while because of the licensing dilemma.

Next, the servers fail on Black Friday, which probably shouldn't have happened in the first place because it was caused by a lack of preparation. Now, this comment board is riddled with frustrated bidders. Really? More website issues? Shouldn't that have been hashed out after the Black Friday ordeal to make sure it doesn't happen again? You either fix/strengthen the servers, or don't put the site under that much stress again so soon. I'm not a computer expert, but that just makes the most business sense.

So... 0 for 3 in the span of 2 weeks. To be frank, this string of events does not give me much confidence in their ability to handle issues or even make good business decisions, and that raises doubts in my mind regarding their ability to address individual customers' concerns.

I bought a T300 Alcantara edition at www.bhphotovideo.com for $300. There are plenty other Thrustmaster deals there for any interested, such as T300RS for $230, T500 for $400, T3PA pedals for $65, etc.

• This is a joke. I cann't get on two days in a row. I tried PC, my phone, I really am very disappointed.
    After hearing all the same comments they should wake up. This is a good way to piss a lot of people off.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We have now moved the auction system to a new server and will continue to increase performance step by step. This system is not only new to us, actually nobody has done that before so it was hard to predict what happens. It should work fine now for the rest of the month and if not, we will take it offline completely. Our intention was not to sell a lot of products with it or to earn a lot of money. We just want to make a few people happy. If this system does not look appealing for you then kindly ignore it t. Thank you.
  • Sorry Thomas, It is too easy to say to ignore the system if it is not appealing to us. A lot of your customers spend a lot of time and give feedback to improve your auction. If this is the way how Fanatec communicate with their (potential) customers.... We (potential) customers want to make Fanatec happy by buying their products so you can make further development. Kind Regards, Gertjan
  • We have now moved the auction system to a new server and will continue to increase performance step by step. This system is not only new to us, actually nobody has done that before so it was hard to predict what happens. It should work fine now for the rest of the month and if not, we will take it offline completely. Our intention was not to sell a lot of products with it or to earn a lot of money. We just want to make a few people happy. If this system does not look appealing for you then kindly ignore it t. Thank you.
    Well more people are upset than happy. I enjoy the idea but,out of 3 auctions I was able to vote 1 time due to errors.
    I would of been happy after buying your product with a discount coupon towards a future purchase. I'm way to stressed trying to get on good lucks not wroth the frustration.