Introducing the CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1

2»

Comments

• I have a problem with my P1 wheel for the XBox One, the display makes problems (it turns on and off in the middle of the race by itself). Is it possible to send it back, pay the difference and get the new one (the new P1 Elite Wheel for XBox One)?
    Contact support. The red box on the right side of the homepage is the best and fastest way to get a response. Otherwise start a standard support ticket
  • I have a problem with my P1 wheel for the XBox One, the display makes problems (it turns on and off in the middle of the race by itself). Is it possible to send it back, pay the difference and get the new one (the new P1 Elite Wheel for XBox One)?
    There is a problem with the firmware not with the P1 wheel ;). I hope they fix that soon because i have the same problem.
    There is a problem with the firmware not with the P1 wheel ;). I hope they fix that soon because i have the same problem.
    If you both contact support that will help tremendously. Chat support is the fastest. Thanks
  • I have a question.... hopefully someone can answer it or point me in the direction of the answer.
    My P1 Wheel Indicator and Shifter lights not he base do not work on Xbox One in ANY racing game (DiRT Rally, DiRT4, F1 2016/2017, ProjectCars 1 & 2)     Is this a game issue or a Microsoft Issue?    I know they work because on the start up everything lights up fine just not in the games.

Help - Thanks :)
    J
  • M$ issue. They work on pc
  • M$ issue. They work on pc
    Figured :(   So i am guessing they won't ever work then. Thanks for the reply
  • edited October 2017
    Maybe with X1 scorpio, but that's a wild guess. And I think it's somewhere in quick guide or manual too I've ditched X1 a while ago because of lame button protocol. So NO buttons can be assigned in pcars1 or 2 Moved over to ps4 cause even a buttonbox or keyboard can be used to assign buttons. And since Sony started playing us as customer... Moved on to pc
  • This is what i am thinking ...  consoles aren't getting the kind of support they should be getting. It's like they get a basic shell of whatever PC is being offered.  I understand lots of things are easier to do in PC but it still doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't offer it as an option on Console if it isn't going to be same/similar experience. 
  • edited October 2017
    Bump
  • I can't get my CSL Elite P1 rim to work, I get no Xbox mode (green light) indicator on the CSL Elite PS4 base.
    The rev lights on the base don't light up but the wheel does turn and shows firmware 335 and then - - - .
    I can only select red, purple and blue lights with the mode button or the buttons on the wheel, no green light.
    Hence the Xbox doesn't even see the wheel.
    The Xbox wheel does work on the PS4 though (purple compatibility mode) but no rev lights.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a problem with the wheel or the base? Was anyone able to make it work with the PS4 base?
    I contacted support since Monday and got one mail back asking for a video but no reply since.
    I hope to get some help here.

• When will a driver be out that allows me to actually use my P1 wheel! Its unplayable at the moment, constantly shifting on its own and goes through the tuning menu whenever it wants to!  Please HELP!!!!

I have this issue and it's driving me nuts.  Can anyone suggest anything?
  • Andrew WilsonAndrew Wilson Member
    edited December 2017
    I also have this problem. Shifts on it's own at random times. I've raised a support ticket and requested an RMA. Just to clarify. I reassigned the gear shift up and down function to a couple of buttons and experienced no random shifts. I conclude from this that the problem is in the hardware of the paddles, rim or the base. It would be much simpler if it is just a firmware update. However, the original post was on September 3 and though there is no indication whether or not this was reported to support it would probably have been indentified and fixed by now if it were a general software problem.
  • When will a driver be out that allows me to actually use my P1 wheel! Its unplayable at the moment, constantly shifting on its own and goes through the tuning menu whenever it wants to!  Please HELP!!!!

I have this issue and it's driving me nuts.  Can anyone suggest anything?

I was contacted by an Assetto Corsa forum member overnight who was experiencing the same problem. Fanatec, can you comment on this issue please? Do you have any idea whether or not it is a hardware fault or do you need more diagnostic information to help isolate the problem?
  • I've also put in a tech support request.
  • edited December 2017
    I had a response from support, new driver & firmware released to resolve our issue, Andrew.

edit:: I've been driving for a few hours now in AMS, PC2 and RF2 and I can happily report that I'm no longer getting random spanners or gear-shifts.  Very happy :)
  • Andrew WilsonAndrew Wilson Member
    edited December 2017
    I had a response from support, new driver & firmware released to resolve our issue, Andrew.

edit:: I've been driving for a few hours now in AMS, PC2 and RF2 and I can happily report that I'm no longer getting random spanners or gear-shifts.  Very happy :)
    Also very happy here! I had an online chat session with support which identified the new version that fixed the issue.
  • May I ask: which driver and firmware version do you mean?

It is 293 with firmware 336. It has 'new’ alongside the download.

mhm okay the driver which is available since 2 months..^^
    Always a good idea to install latest driver and firmware when you have some problems ;-)

Always a good idea to install latest driver and firmware when you have some problems ;-)

Problem is that this wasn't the latest firmware for our version of the wheel until last night when I had the support chat with them. It may have been out for 2 months but was for the PS 4 wheel base only. Never announced as available for our version of wheel base! I know because I looked at that version and decided not to risk loading it in my wheel base.

Problem is that this wasn't the latest firmware for our version of the wheel until last night when I had the support chat with them. It may have been out for 2 months but was for the PS 4 wheel base only. Never announced as available for our version of wheel base! I know because I looked at that version and decided not to risk loading it in my wheel base.
    For the future: a driver usually cant break your wheel. Fanatec drivers are cross-compatible with every actual wheel base and sometimes contains new Firmwares for the different wheel bases. In general you cant do anything wrong installing a newer driver. When a new firmware version for your specific wheel base is included, you will get prompted in the game controller section directly after driver install. You cant load a wrong firmware because the wheel bases have security mechanisms inside to prevent from flashing a wrong firmware.

:-)

Anyway, glad the new v293 driver with the new FW solved your issues :)
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    edited December 2017
    Wasn’t that 335 two weeks ago for te PS4 base?
  • Wasn’t that 335 two weeks aho for te PS4 base?
    That right. If I'd known it worked for my wheel I would have installed it! And saved myself and Fanatec a lot of work.
  • Wasn’t that 335 two weeks aho for te PS4 base?
    That right. If I'd known it worked for my wheel I would have installed it! And saved myself and Fanatec a lot of work.

Ah, the Xbox CSL driver is still at 292, I see.
    But the v293 file for the PS4 version still seems like the exact same file I downloaded a few weeks ago which had the 335 firmware.
    Now it's at 336?
    I need to get me a cheap Windows laptop so I don't have to borrow one for each update since I'm still on a Mac.
    Switching to a Windows PC soon though, I have half of the parts, still need to buy the rest.
    Will be a lot of work switching back to Windows though.
  • Not sure this is the right place to put this, but I have had nothing but issues with my fanatec csl elite kit since I received them on September25th. It started with needing a firmware update which was not an issue. After owning the kit for just about a month, my brake/clutch pedal broke. I sent an email to fanatec support and it took over 2 days to get a response. Every time I asked a question, or needed information, it would take fanatec several days to get a response. I finally sent in my pedals in for repair and they arrived on October 26th and have been there since now. I asked several times to get an estimate for how long it would take and they never gave me any sort of timeline. I assumed it would take a maximum of two weeks, but it has been over a month. For a premium product, you would expect premium customer support. this was not the case. at this time, my pedals have spent more time at fanatec support than actually in use. Completely ridiculous and completely dissatisfied. 
  • Not sure this is the right place to put this, but I have had nothing but issues with my fanatec csl elite kit since I received them on September25th. It started with needing a firmware update which was not an issue. After owning the kit for just about a month, my brake/clutch pedal broke. I sent an email to fanatec support and it took over 2 days to get a response. Every time I asked a question, or needed information, it would take fanatec several days to get a response. I finally sent in my pedals in for repair and they arrived on October 26th and have been there since now. I asked several times to get an estimate for how long it would take and they never gave me any sort of timeline. I assumed it would take a maximum of two weeks, but it has been over a month. For a premium product, you would expect premium customer support. this was not the case. at this time, my pedals have spent more time at fanatec support than actually in use. Completely ridiculous and completely dissatisfied. 
    Obviously this thread is the wrong place for this issue as this thread is for the CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1, not the CSL Elite Base.

Anyway, you should call them during their business times or try the live chat so you get immediate answer without eventuelly 2 days of waiting.
    In this thread honestly noone can help you.