Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• If a few bidders can see and be sent the reserve price then this is wrong and not fair on everyone else. Please can you explain why this is happening if it is true.
    I think you misunderstood me. It is sent to everyone's browser. It's the way the auctioning script (currently) works. Everyone has an equal opportunity to get to this information. It's just that you need some programming skills to extract that information and those skills give you the previously mentioned advantage.

I hope this clarifies my previous comment a bit. I don't want to go into more details on how one can achieve this, because I believe it is not in Fanatec's interest. If they want to know my method, they can contact me and I'll be glad to help.
  • Nice today but this is last time for me to bid on this advent :wink: It has become hard and boring to me :smile:
  • I cannot believe the drift wheel just went for (essentially) free...$1.60?! Mannn and that's the auction I really wanted to win, can't believe it...Whoever won that, hats off to you my friend.
  • they are finally bidding properly ... they see that they also displayed timer ... now when there are 2 days ... no comment
  • Fail once again... been waiting two hours by the computer... I clicked with one second left and the last price that won was 12 seconds before the end?
    19:59:48

So why didn't I win then, I clicked it on the last second, even had an own timer running because the timer on the website sometimes lagged. Or surely someone else bid in those last 12 secs, if not me?
  • same here, my User ID dont even appear in the bid list. Very frustrating!  :-w
  • @Erik ; Housmans, same here :( waited for the last second, bidded at the last second and the winner took it 12 seconds ago somehow.

In the end 1 happy guy, 955 frustrated people, this should have been a raffle type of thing IMHO.
  • edited December 2017
    I clicked 4" before the end, and my bid also wasn't recorded.
  • I clicked in the last second and nothing...
  • Seriously, same thing. wait until the last minute...and I get an error message that says Fanatec servers could not provide a response, but a guy wins it with 12 secs to go....
  • Yep same thing, clicked at the  last  second and no bid.
  • if i look at the last ca. 7 posts, everyone bid at the last seconds an want to win the auction. 

get over it, only one can win and do not cry around all the time.
  • Hier stimmt definitiv etwas nicht. Die Gebote würden erneut plötzlich in 0,10€ Abständen gegeben. Dann aufeinmal wieder in 0,20€ Abständen. Somit sind die ganzen Gebote normalerweise ungültig. :-@
  • Marino VicicMarino Vicic Member
    edited December 2017
    Last 10 second just missing. I not bid today but my two friend bid in last 5 second and no bid placed. This is some bug on site auction closed 10 second before end ! Yes not fair and disappointment !
  • Man I really wanted that drift wheel. That auction finished so quickly. Very jealous to know that the winner got it for 1.60. Great to know that everybody has a chance even the small bidders. Great job Fanatec. This is great fun before the holidays.
  • I never ever got a chance to bid.
  • if i look at the last ca. 7 posts, everyone bid at the last seconds an want to win the auction. 

get over it, only one can win and do not cry around all the time.
    If the reserve price has not been met then anyone should be able to place a bid. On December 23rd the auction was still open with one second left, but still I (and seemingly a lot of other people) could not place our bids during those final seconds. Just like another user I was greeted with an error message instead. This was after spending several minutes trying to log in without getting a timeout error from the website. I really like this initiative from Fanatec, but it seems their infrastructure can't quite handle the load.
  • Who win tomorow this is be lucky guy on planet :smiley:
  • Same here..... Unglaublich die Auktion war noch „aktiv“ und es wurden einfach keine bids mehr angenommen... meine frau hat 4sek vor Schluss geboten und ich 1 sekunde aber da war die „Auktion“ ja schon durch.

Hot damn!

Hot damn!
    This is ultra hot :smiley:

Hot damn!
    This is ultra hot :smiley:

Yep. Wouldn’t mind winning that one! What’s the total price of that system?
  • 4019 €
  • Really only 4k? Surely must be more than that?
  • 4019 €
    Woah!
    Suppose it goes for 1,20€ ;P
  • Well, it might go for a very low figure, but as the weight of this package will be high, so will the shipping costs.

But it's amazing that they are giving someone the chance to get such an awesome package for Christmas at a very low price. I'm definitely going to try place the winning bid. I've tried to get a wheel, pedals and other products to start building a rig, but if I win this I don't even need to worry about anything else. Everything you need is in here besides the computer, monitor(s) and audio system.
  • Ouuch!. That must have hurt.
  • Wow, thats some bundle of kit for someone to win today - very generous. Thank you to Thomas and all at Fanatec for running the auctions and a very happy Christmas to all you sim racers out there. Happy bidding tonight.
  • David SmithDavid Smith Member
    edited December 2017
    Wow, thats some bundle of kit for someone to win today - very generous. Thank you to Thomas and all at Fanatec for running the auctions and a very happy Christmas to all you sim racers out there. Happy bidding tonight.
    Yup that bundle today sure looks grand. That is the mother of all bundles. 
  • NICE! That last bundle! With the Seat and everything. WOW!