Design the official Fanatec car liveries and win UPDATE2 - The winners

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited February 2018 in Blog
Happy new year everybody!

2018 will be an exciting year for us. Not only the long awaited Podium DD Wheel Bases will launch in the next months but much more good stuff is coming.

We will start this year with a competition to design a McLaren 650S GT3 and a Porsche 911 Cup livery in full Fanatec design.

The winning liveries will be featured in Raceroom Experience so that anybody can use them. The Porsche design will also be featured on the giftbox of one of our new products this year. And of course the winner of the McLaren livery will also get our new McLaren GT3 steering wheel with ClubSport QR and the winning designer of the Porsche artwork will get a surprise product as well.

Terms:
  • Competition ends on January 14th
  • Submit the livery of the McLaren 650S GT3 race car and /or the Porsche 911 Cup (2017 /2018) here in the comments of this post. Make sure you post several views but not more than 4 pictures / car
  • Fanatec logo and "F" signet can be downloaded in the download section. Please use either black on white or white on black.
  • A third coulour is allowed but you need to choose either ClubSport red (#B8161C / R=184, G=22, B=28) or Podium gold
  • You can use any game or program to create the artwork
  • By posting your artwork you agree that Endor or any other community member can copy and/or use this design.
All other users are welcome to let us know what designs you like the most.

Good luck!

UPDATE 
The terms have changed

UPDATE 2
It was quite hard for us to choose the winners as there were so many really great liveries submitted. All of you made a great job!
But we had to pick just two winners and those were:

Fabien Tarakci

René-Yves Jean-Charles

Congratulations!

Comments

• Oh too bad, why no GTSport livery? this game has a pretty good editor.
  • Let me guess. I would say GT Sport is somekind of a sore point with Fanatec currently...
  • Can you post the color codes for the Clubsport Red and Podium gold? If I get a chance to paint a car, I just want to make sure I would be using the right colors :) Thanks
  • Maybe we can start the GTS CSL Wobbly League Thorsten, Joe M is good with video, I’ll be the voiceover and you can do the paintjob..

:ar!
  • Basically I want to drive a car not to paint one. But JP your idea sounds interesting.
  • Oke oke, you can be the driver, but who is going to paint the car then??
  • Unbelievable...
    Do you have time for this Thomas?
    What about all the unsatisfied customers due to your false advertising?
    Honestly, you guys made my stereotypes on german people.. 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Unbelievable...
    So how should I spend my time then?
  • My suggestion is just have a look on all the other interesting comments here regarding the CSL Elite wheel and the GT Sport compatibility. There is a lot of stuff for you to read. I would say it's time for an update. Don't you think so? Many thanks in advance!
  • hello, just a little thing, it's impossible to create skins for the raceroom game

• Unbelievable...
    Wow. You're asking me that? Speechless... Don't you really think you need to say something for your csl ps4 customers?? If you don't feel that way, you're just a son of a Nazi. Poor dude.
  • Leo WongLeo Wong Member
    edited January 2018

Your reaction is totally unacceptable Woongsub, I reported it as such..

• I received the wheel today (crazy fast shipping, I ordered the 1st late night, received it at 9 am the 3rd!!!!) wheel has been updated and gets recognized by my PS4 in blue and purple mode. Purple mode is best with GTSport, gives full FFB and the wobble everyone talks about is almost nonexistent, you dont feel it while driving. I just could not react like some do here.
  • Unbelievable...
    Wow. You're asking me that? Speechless... Don't you really think you need to say something for your csl ps4 customers?? If you don't feel that way, you're just a son of a Nazi. Poor dude.

@Woongsoup

You should rather use your brain instead of writing such embarrassing emails. Where is your education?

Best regards from Germany 

• Awesome!!!!! Thanks Thomas, I race on iracing but I am going to look into this so that I can take part. I finally got a little Fanatec gear (my pedals) so I can paint my car and not feel bad lol. Thanks for the competition. Still needing a wheel and base. Also Woongsub, you should be ashamed of yourself, no reason to go the route you did!!!!!!! If you're unhappy with something I'm certain there is a better way to handle it. If I were you though I'd take you're own advice and figure out a better way to spend my time.
  • I caught that I can paint in iracing too, sorry didn't see that. Thomas can we use a slogan also??? I have one that I use for personal use for fun but just wondered if it would be ok to keep it on the cars here.
  • Unbelievable...

You've just lowered yourself into the gutter - sounds like you belong there!
    Nazis were bad and evil in many ways but most of all they were racists and were judging about other people based on where they come from.

Every German learned this leasson and despite we still have too many idiots in our country it seems that we now have  much less stupid nationalists and racists in Germany than in many other parts of the world.

By calling somebody a Nazi just because he is German makes me wonder if this tells more about him than about me.

Anyway, let's not start 2018 with old crap. If he would ask me nicely and precisely about an update for advanced GTS compatibility I would have told him that Polyphony promised us that it will happen in 2017 but apparantly they did not make it yet. We do not have any further info yet.
  • Hello Thomas,
    I know this isn't right place but I have a problem in my P1 steering wheel and the case has not been processed for about 3 days..
    I sent an email everyday but haven't received any replies except one three days before.
    And I also tried live chat, it didn't respond..
    The case is 'Wheel CRM:000053006327', I just want to know what's going on.
    Thank you for reading.
  • Nazis were bad and evil in many ways but most of all they were racists and were judging about other people based on where they come from.

Every German learned this leasson and despite we still have too many idiots in our country it seems that we now have  much less stupid nationalists and racists in Germany than in many other parts of the world.

By calling somebody a Nazi just because he is German makes me wonder if this tells more about him than about me.

Anyway, let's not start 2018 with old crap. If he would ask me nicely and precisely about an update for advanced GTS compatibility I would have told him that Polyphony promised us that it will happen in 2017 but apparantly they did not make it yet. We do not have any further info yet.
    well said that man, what a racist dick he is, as for the gts compatability, ive been watching with great amusement at the folk on  here panicing about this issue, and giving fanatec a hard time when its pretty plain its out of fanatecs hands, im in the same boat as these guys with my csl elite v3i pedals and porsche rim, but am managing to get decent lap times and win some races, so when we do get full support for gts things can only get better!....
  • Hi Thomas, hi guys,

I really dont't know how to start creating a livery for RaceRoomExperience, i'm a "poor" console-player ... :D

Using GTS, I create this livery for an upcoming GT3 Championship with more or less 130 drivers.... and i used Fantaec logo "F" on the hood and FANATEC on the lower side of Mustang ... all of this just 2 weeks ago.... No way to engage Fanatec's Competition, only to show you...

I'm already waiting for my/yours lovely McLaren GT3 wheel... counting the days...

See you on the track guys, in purple, enjoyable mode... :D !!

• ...See you on the track guys, in purple, enjoyable mode... :D !!

Hi Luca, nice levery. But regarding you last comment I personally would not call this compatbility mode really enjoyable. Of course I found a suitable setting to reduce the wobble/oscillation of the wheel in order to make GT Sport at least playable. But thi is still a work around. So lets hope that Polyphony Digital will deliver a patch sooner or later...

• ...See you on the track guys, in purple, enjoyable mode... :D !!

Hi Luca, nice levery. But regarding you last comment I personally would not call this compatbility mode really enjoyable. Of course I found a suitable setting to reduce the wobble/oscillation of the wheel in order to make GT Sport at least playable. But thi is still a work around. So lets hope that Polyphony Digital will deliver a patch sooner or later...

Thorsten I agree with you, is just a workaround but, anyway, I enjoy playing GTS in purple mode. I'll wait complete compatibility as all Fanatec CSL ELite owners, but I complete disagree with a lot of "out-of-line" comments on this blog.

I also agree with your way to ask Thomas kindly an answer or an updating, not with someone's delirium... just my opinion..   

• edited January 2018
    Bonjour Thomas, l'arrivée des bases Podium dans les prochain mois est une excellente nouvelle pour la simulation automobile grand public. Je souhaiterai savoir non pas leur prix de vente mais si l'écart de prix entre les 2 différents modèles Podium Direct Drive sera du même ordre que celui entre les gammes de produits ClubSport et CSL élite. Merci pour ce coucours, ou pouvons nous voter?
  • Thomas, Iracing only has the Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. Are we allowed to submit that Mclaren since they do not have the 650S?
    Thomas, Iracing only has the Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 and the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. Are we allowed to submit that Mclaren since they do not have the 650S?
    That is fine as well. We will reproduce it for RRE later.
  • edited January 2018
    Hi Fanatec Community,

Here is my entry for the McLaren 650S GT3 Fanatec Livery Design Competiton and (just in case) the 4 pictures aren't enough then here are more angles and close-ups. https://imgur.com/a/hxc6l

Thanks you very much and Happy New Year 2018 to all.

Best Regards,
    Charles
  • edited January 2018
    My livrery Mc Laren from PARIS 
    imageimageimageimage
  • and now his little sisterimageimageimageimage