GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

Comments

•   Sorry but you keep not making sense... read yourself before posting please...

I'm sorry I'm not making sense to you but I'm not confused. When wheel based was released purple mode was for compatibility so we could race older games. The crew, dirt rally, pc1, ect. When GT sport came out with no support we got a firmware update to change  purple mode to emulate the G29 so we all could race on Gt sport till full support was complete. Since that update The crew does not recognize my base any longer. I am just looking for the correct firmware to reinstall so I can play it again since I don't need compatibility mode for Gt sport anymore. The only reason I even mentioned blue mode is because I don't want that mode to be affected, as its been working great for all my new games. you must be confused if you don't think any of the firmware updates affected purple mode because they most definitely did. I will thank you for trying to help though, your the only person who replied.
  • I have the CSL Elite PS4 and the "ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted" with vibration motors on throttle and brake pedal.

No matter which of your settings I try, the two vibration motors on the pedals are not triggered.

Is this due to the still incomplete driver for the CSL Elite PS4?
  • Is there any way to calibrate the wheel for GTS like in PC2? In GTS the virtual steering wheel does not turn as much as real life like in PC2. In PC2 when you calibrate it, you do 0 degrees and 90 degrees and the steering feels very accurate. In hairpins, I have my CSL Elite PS4 cranked over 180 degrees and the virtual wheel and steering in GTS are at maybe 90 degrees or less. GTS has been like this since day 1 using G29 mode and I figured this would be fixed with full compatibility but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can't find anything else about it which seems weird. The steering sensitivity setting in the game seems to have little effect. Anyone else experience this?
  • Is there any way to calibrate the wheel for GTS like in PC2? In GTS the virtual steering wheel does not turn as much as real life like in PC2. In PC2 when you calibrate it, you do 0 degrees and 90 degrees and the steering feels very accurate. In hairpins, I have my CSL Elite PS4 cranked over 180 degrees and the virtual wheel and steering in GTS are at maybe 90 degrees or less. GTS has been like this since day 1 using G29 mode and I figured this would be fixed with full compatibility but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can't find anything else about it which seems weird. The steering sensitivity setting in the game seems to have little effect. Anyone else experience this?
    You don't have such a configuration tool in GTS. It's a Game design choice, no wheel is accurate with the in game steering wheel because GTS does not support real input virtual wheel animation.
  • Thanks, Maurice. I figured all wheels were affected since it was the same in G29 mode too. The virtual wheel is one thing, but I feel like the steering input is progressively less as well. Way too much steering input required, in other words. Is there any setting in the wheel itself to make it more sensitive since the in game setting has little effect?
  • edited May 2018
    Try a lower steering sensitivity in the tuning menu like 540 or something like that...
  • edited May 2018
    PlayStation Announcement

...Kazunori Yamauchi told me that the implementation is still not completely finished and they will continue to add features and better functionality in future updates.

I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see.

Is there any progress in sight in terms of revlights and rumble motor support? Maybe with the upcomming V 1.19 next week...? Many thanks!
  • Seams that someone reported that the undestering rattling effect was corrected on GTS with last 1.19 update...

Please confirm!!! :)
  • Are there any "secrets" or hints to getting more turn-in on the steering? I have tried turning the SEN adjustment up and down and using the AUT setting but I can't seem to get good cornering out of the wheel. Now I know it could be my driving style but I am having a real hard time controlling my cars in the corners.

Thanks,

Keith.

• Seams that someone reported that the undestering rattling effect was corrected on GTS with last 1.19 update...

Please confirm!!! :)
    No it's fake news. At least for me the rattling effect it's still there strong and annoying.
  • Yes the rattling effect is still there even after trying the new beta driver. I know it wasn't supposed to address this, but I was hoping it would.

Keith.
  • I absolutely don't get any "rattling" effect. You guys need to try running your in-game FFB settings higher and your wheel FFB I think.
  • I absolutely don't get any "rattling" effect. You guys need to try running your in-game FFB settings higher and your wheel FFB I think.

Could you please share your settings for the in-game and wheel? I would like to see if there is a major difference between what you and I are using.

Keith.

• edited June 2018
    Thomas Jackermeier said on March 28th:
    PlayStation Announcement

...Kazunori Yamauchi told me that the implementation is still not completely finished and they will continue to add features and better functionality in future updates.

I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see.

Unfortunately still no enhanced support from PD. Thomas, how about the meeting with Kazunori you mentioned end of March? Any agreement or at least something we can hope for? Many thanks!
  • edited June 2018
    As there is no update from Thomas since March 28th regarding the results of the discussions with PD I would say it makes sense to change the headline of this thread from

to

GTS partly supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

I totally understand that the entire Fanatec crew seems to be busy with the upcomming PODIUM series release but it would be great to know whether we can expect any Fanatec wheel functionality related improvments in future GTS updates at all.

It just sounded so promising when Thomas stated 'I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see.'.
  • edited July 2018
    Obviously Thomas pays the same attention to this topic like Kazunori does although Thomas said

'I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see.'.

I would like to see worrking LED's and working rumble motors in GTS. Nothing more than that.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi Thorsten, I am also shocked how slow and unmotivated the Support or implementation of the Basic Features of the CSL Elite is for the PS4 and especially for GTS. It is ridiculous to be honest and for me it is really time to say good bye to console racing, I am fed up with all those limitations on the Ps4, I will get a PC this month.
  • edited July 2018
    The next GTS update is announced and will be released by the end of July. So let's hope we will see at least some improvements in terms of Fanatec support.
  • Don’t know about you guys, but for me it’s much too hot to race, I only drive the boat..

• Now as these Podium details are announced you might find some time to answer the topics here as well. Many thanks Thomas.
  • Now as these Podium details are announced you might find some time to answer the topics here as well. Many thanks Thomas.
    Dominic, would you please be so kind...?
  • hi guys, i have the csl elite with tp3 pedal set and clutch with a ps4 pro. everithing work for assetto corsa and pc2 but for gt sport is really bad: first of all no surface feelings coming from the wheel (maybe is the game not sending the right feelings) then if you play in ps4 mode you have a very bad rattling when the car understeers and i have noticed that this is not present if you use the compatibility mode. Help please, speak with the guys of poliphony and tell them to implement well you wonderfull wheel. thks
  • GT SPORT HAVE JUST RELEASED UPDATE 1.23. Where are we up to now interms of full PS4 wheel support.
  • RevLights and LED in the Wheel still don't work... Dissapointed  !!!!
    They work if set the wheel in compatibility mode (purple light) however FFB gets all messed up, at least for me.. 

I feel the same way, but this is not a Fanatec issue. The issue lies with Polyphony. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. They are not currently "fully" supporting the wheel. Does it work...yes. Does it work up to it's full potential...no!

Keith.  

• edited August 2018
    It's at least partly a Fanatec issue as well.
    PlayStation Announcement

• I use the DriveHub with my CSL for Xbox One on my PS4 Pro. Everything worked great using Fanatec mode. Then GTS did this last update and I can't use Fanatec mode, only Fanlogic mode, which just emulates Logitechs wheels. How on earth can they screw up a game so bad for players. I might as well buy a G29 and use my CSL for PC use only.
  • As there is no update from Thomas since March 28th regarding the results of the discussions with PD I would say it makes sense to change the headline of this thread from

to

GTS partly supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

I totally understand that the entire Fanatec crew seems to be busy with the upcomming PODIUM series release but it would be great to know whether we can expect any Fanatec wheel functionality related improvments in future GTS updates at all.

It just sounded so promising when Thomas stated 'I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see.'.
  • edited August 2018
    The last GT Sport update broke the Auto SEN for the CSL Elite unfortunately. You have to set the steering wheel angle manually for each car you want to drive :(

At this point I have no hope for a full compatibility :
    - rev lights
    - brake pedal rumble (ABS)
    - gas pedal rumble (traction loss)
    - steering wheel rumbles -> this one is really sad since PD seems to master this effect on the T-GT :(

Now I don't really know what to think about the future PS4 DD wheel. As Fanatec and PD were moving in the same direction for me it was a day one deal but now I'm not so sure. For the price of a DD wheel I want all my little rumble motors to work as expected...

I hope PD is aware of the SEN problem and I really hope they will correct the Auto SEN for the CSL Elite in the next update. If Thomas is around here perhaps he could forward this info to PD.