Fanatec Beta Driver V312 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels/rim) - experimental

This driver is 99% the same as driver v311 and includes the same firmwares. It contains an experimental fix to a small issue which was found by a developer in the ffb sub-system

We would be happy if you would help us testing this software change. If you find anything suspicious, please compare to driver V311 again. If the same issue/behaviour happens in driver v311 it will not be due to the ff change. Please comment in V311 thread in this case.

Please mention and discuss only potential issues here which only happen in this version and not in v311.

Thank you!
Armin

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Armin,

Dare I ask what the fix is for, so I can test with v311 before updating to see if v312 has fixed the issue? 
  • OK, updated to 312, I'm still only using the CSW Hub (older hub NOT Xbox) on the CSW 2.5 base, I have the CSSQ shifter  1.5. connected to the wheel. After the update I re-calibrated wheel no problems, the shifter somehow got stuck in gear fiver and stayed there it would not calibrate at all...So I started up pCARS 2, to just use the paddle shifters on the wheel hub and although the paddle shifters were working in the wheel driver, and I could still map them in the control menu in pCARS 2, they did not work on any car :( Had so many issues with Driver v312 that I had to roll back to Driver v292, where all is working again just fine :) Sorry, but v311 and v312 was a mass of issues for me.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited June 2018
    Hi Stephen,

driver 311 has no known and reported issues so far and is in use by thousands of users without problems. You should list the issues 1:1 and explain them in detail to the support team. I guess there is something else going on or those issues have not yet been found (which would be strange) and need to be resolved anyways.

"to just use the paddle shifters on the wheel hub and although the paddle shifters were working in the wheel driver, and I could still map them in the control menu in pCARS 2"
    That does not sound like a driver issue. If the paddle works in the menu it should work while driving. The driver and the firmware do not know/care if you are in the menu or on track ;-)

@ Joseph Z Gossen
    The fix eliminates a bug which led to a complete loss of FFB in one particular simulation game.

THX!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Armin,

I've updated and run for a few hours on PCARS2, Forza 7, F12017 and Dirt4 with no problems of FFB loss and/or any other odd issues. Feels good. 

The only issue I have had with recent versions of the firmware is when I access the Xbox Guide while in PCars2 I would lose my FFB. I haven't tested that yet however I will be back home tonight and can try again tomorrow to see if this is still the case. Also Patch 6.0 for Pcars2 has been released so this could be fixed.

p.s It would happen randomly.

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited June 2018

Hi Stephen,

driver 311 has no known and reported issues so far and is in use by thousands of users without problems. You should list the issues 1:1 and explain them in detail to the support team. I guess there is something else going on or those issues have not yet been found (which would be strange) and need to be resolved anyways.

"to just use the paddle shifters on the wheel hub and although the paddle shifters were working in the wheel driver, and I could still map them in the control menu in pCARS 2"
    That does not sound like a driver issue. If the paddle works in the menu it should work while driving. The driver and the firmware do not know/care if you are in the menu or on track ;-)

@ Joseph Z Gossen
    The fix eliminates a bug which led to a complete loss of FFB in one particular simulation game.

THX!
    Thanks for for your response :) Hmm yes, my issues are indeed strange, with driver v292 all is perfect...I have just now updated back to the v312 drivers and instantly get back the issues...Which is indeed a strange one, I will list the issues and see what support says...Thanks
  • Hi Armin,
    I have the CSL elite (the earlier version) with the McLaren rim. In R3E I have loaded into various track/car combinations in excess of 12 times. Have felt no reduction in force feedback or any other issues.
    I am also, currently, a betatester for the game.
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited June 2018
    OK, updated to 312, I'm still only using the CSW Hub (older hub NOT Xbox) on the CSW 2.5 base, I have the CSSQ shifter  1.5. connected to the wheel. After the update I re-calibrated wheel no problems, the shifter somehow got stuck in gear fiver and stayed there it would not calibrate at all...So I started up pCARS 2, to just use the paddle shifters on the wheel hub and although the paddle shifters were working in the wheel driver, and I could still map them in the control menu in pCARS 2, they did not work on any car :( Had so many issues with Driver v312 that I had to roll back to Driver v292, where all is working again just fine :) Sorry, but v311 and v312 was a mass of issues for me.
    Question did you do a Total Uninstall of old driver before you installed New Driver??? I didnt do this and I noticed some irratic behavior when i first installed New Driver so i did a Complete unintall -->Disck Clean up ---> Defragged Hard Drive --->Restarted PC then a Fresh install of New Driver ---> Restart PC ---> then Reflashed wheel to make sure update was pure and all has been well ever since. Seems long and complicated but its very simple process and takes all 10min depending on speed of your PC.
  • Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi Lorrell
    Yes, I always completely remove old driver before installing new, I use Revo Uninstall Pro for years ( https://www.revouninstallerpro.com ) and completely remove any traces of the program from my PC including any and all registry traces. Since running Win 95, I've always followed the restart after an install or removal :)
    I've got at the moment installed driver v292 been running this all day today without a single issue. During the next few hours, I will remove v292 and reinstall driver 312 (I'll bypass driver 311) and pay close attention and document what issues I have, and contact support.
    Thanks for your help :) 
    During the next few hours, I will remove v292 and reinstall driver 312 (I'll bypass driver 311) and pay close attention and document what issues I have, and contact support.
    "If you find anything suspicious, please compare to driver V311 again. If the same issue/behaviour happens in driver v311 it will not be due to the ff change. Please comment in V311 thread in this case."

Driver 312 is no reference driver...please use v311 if you are looking to analyze other issues. Please also use the other thread to discuss issues which are NOT unique to driver 312.

THX!
  • Yes, thank you! I shall install first v311...But it will not be until later this evening, RL calls, sorry :)
  • OK, stayed up all last night installing, restarting, removing, testing...Would you believe driver v312 works OK now, talk about pulling your hair out...So, the only problem for driver v312 is the 3xbutton box on the left of the hub is not working, and that was from the start of driver v310 which has been reported in the other thread ;)

Thank you and goodnight :)
  • daily in use on the PC. So far no problems. 
    Mostly used V2.5 with Formular Rim. 
  • edited June 2018
    Tested driver v312 over the last week with CSL E PS4 with McLaren rim and had no issues at all in all tested games (pC2, iR, AC, F1 2017, R3E)
  • Tested v312 daily, works just fine here, just the reported 3xbutton box on the left of the hub is not working, other than that, works fine :)
  • I have a V2 updated to V2.5, V3 pedals, and a McLaren wheel.

With Driver 310 when calibrating the wheel in iRacing I was getting 50% when centered.  I also got the gear indication in the display, have never seen speed in any case.  The bite point was not working.

With 311 bite point worked for one car. but not as per the video.  Lost gear indicator.  Center cal of wheel now at 54.7%

With 312 I've updated the Clubsport base, Wheel Base and Steering Wheel Firmware in that order:

Driver Version: 312BETA,  Firmware version: 474, Motor Firmware version: 18 and McLaren Rim Firmware version: 25

I can set the bite point on one car as advertised, but not the second.  I can not set the second car's bite point using SET 1. i.e. overwriting SET 1.  The wheel calibration is 54.7% and the gear indicator does not display.

Hi Bill,

thx for your feedback. Actually the iRacing wheel calibration does not tell me much. This does not tell us if driver or firmware is working properly. If one of our wheels is properly calibrated in FW, there is no need for any sofware calibration in-game. 
    About the bite point - that sounds FW not driver related. The driver is not involved and the FW within v311 and v312 are the same. So far this was not reported which makes me wonder why nobody else found. it.

To simplify things...just mention that you have a V2.5 from now on. There is nothing "V2" left in your base ;-)
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited June 2018

Armin,

Are my FW versions correct?

Firmware version: 474, Motor Firmware version: 18 and McLaren Rim Firmware version: 25

Should I be seeing the gear indicator in the display?  It stays in SET 1.  I have the Fanatec checked in iRacing.

If the display shows Set1 then the tuning menu is open which cannot be "overwritten" by telemetry data sent by the game!? Hardware and FW checking of the display function can be done in the driver menu. A game would not use the function properly could have multiple reasons. Only checking one game will not tell us much.
  • Pressing the [TUNING MENU] button SET 1 appears in the OLED display not SETTING.

The driver menu is in the Update tab of the Fanatec Wheels Properties on the PC???????

Firmware version: 474, Motor Firmware version: 18 and McLaren Rim Firmware version: 25

I only run iRacing simulations, all other games are meaningless to my problem!

• Pressing the [TUNING MENU] button SET 1 appears in the OLED display not SETTING.

The driver menu is in the Update tab of the Fanatec Wheels Properties on the PC???????

I only run iRacing simulations, all other games are meaningless to my problem!

Yes, your firmwares are correct and it is correct that with the newest firmware when you enter the tuning menu that SET 1 appears instead of the previous SETTING - but why are you entering the tuning menu at all? You dont need to enter the tuning menu to do the advanced clutch shifter calibration or to get the display showing gears (instead the display cant show any game values when you are in the tuning menu). 
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited June 2018

Because the  CSL-E-RMcL-QG-EN McLaren manual left out that important detail (After center calibration and Tuning are complete press the tuning button one more time to clear the screen.  Then your ready to go.) 

BTW you do need in iRacing to "configure the wheel"  Also it now configures correctly.  50% is center and 900 degrees.

Bite point working for RSR and Dallara i18.  All is well.

• With the old universal hub does this fix the button box 5 not working?  v310 broke it.
    @ John
    Thx for your feedback. We will fix that in the next FW release.
  • Hi, since instalation new driver 310, 311 or 312 for new wheel MclarenGT3 started to appearing feedback failures for a few seconds.Usually after 15 minutes using the steering wheel.I used CSL Elite wheel P1 before I installed it and everything was ok. Some driver repair is planned? I would like to use the McLaren wheel but with feedback faults it is not quite possible.

Wheel base CSL Elite, Xbox1 platform.

• No Problems with this driver here on CSW 2.5. FFB feels great! :)
  • edited June 2018
    I still have problems with loosing center position on my CSL base. I tried to calibrate it several times and always the same thing happens. I had a race yesterday in Lemans Series in iRacing and during one lap the wheel would go off center by a bit after random corner but then going back to being normal after couple of another corners. Basically it happens randomly and goes away randomly lol. Never happened on 293 driver and firmware. I will try to flash the older fireware again and see if it goes away. I will report later in the evening.
    @ Piotr

Thx for your comment but this is not related to the driver. Calibrating the wheel base cannot resolve decalibration. It only centers the wheel if it is calibrated off-center or newly flashed. Please get in touch with the tech support team. Thank you.
  • edited June 2018
    @ Piotr

Thx for your comment but this is not related to the driver. Calibrating the wheel base cannot resolve decalibration. It only centers the wheel if it is calibrated off-center or newly flashed. Please get in touch with the tech support team. Thank you.

What do You mean its not driver related? I installed 2.93 with old firmware and its all good now. With driver 3.11 (and firmware than came with it) a lot of people had decentering problems (couple of degrees) which was annoying because the wheel stayed decentered all the time. With 3.12 it manages to fix its self after couple of corners or quick wiggle right/left. Hopefully the tech team will be able to resolve all the issues for CSL bases ;) or maybe its because I have a wheel from one of the first batches and thats the problem. Who knows!
  • matteo basilematteo basile Member
    edited July 2018
    ciao con il nuovo aggiornamento ho un problema con il pannello di controllo, quando lo apro e vado a selezionare la pedaliera csp, esco dallo schermo del volante
  • matteo basilematteo basile Member
    edited July 2018
    pedal board csp v3 base csw2.5 steering wheel p1 xbox
This discussion has been closed.