Our first stand-alone PS4 wheel base is now available: CSL Elite Wheel Base+

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited June 2018 in Blog

Let me present our first stand-alone wheel base officially licensed for PS4: CSL Elite Wheel Base+

These features are exclusive among official licensed PS4 racing wheels and wheel bases:
  • Unmatched compatibility. It is the master of compatibility among all racing wheels on the market
  • Precision. The steering sensor mounted directly on the axis and not on the motor avoids all the negative influence of the belt drive on the precision
  • Silk smooth single belt drive system
  • 1000Hz update rate with lowest latency of all PS4 wheels
  • Strongest servo motor on the PS4 (identical to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5)
  • Solid metal QR system
  • Integrated rev lights
This product is available and will ship right away! Please use our configurator to add all the peripherals you would like to add.

Comments

• Looks like a solid little entry level unit. Having the same motor and polling rate as the V2.5 at that price point, et cetera, makes it one hell of a machine for the price.

While there are lower priced wheels out there, if you can save up a little more this will be the better option I think compared to the competition.
  • Same base as the existing csl elite ps4 version, just without the wheel.  This would be the choice of base if you didn't want the CSL rim that comes with the PS4 base.

• Same base as the existing csl elite ps4 version, just without the wheel.  This would be the choice of base if you didn't want the CSL rim that comes with the PS4 base.

Doh! It's late and I am clearly not awake anymore. You're right.

Maybe this will also allow Fanatec to maybe make a nice starter kit with the Mclaren rim?

Which could appeal to those more into LMP, GT and Formula racing as that steering wheel is more prominent in those popular racing classes after all.

Maybe this will also allow Fanatec to maybe make a nice starter kit with the Mclaren rim?

Which could appeal to those more into LMP, GT and Formula racing as that steering wheel is more prominent in those popular racing classes after all.
    Is it the exact wheel base as the CSL Elite in true? I thought with the addition of "+" at the end of the name it may have been a new/improved version of its predecessor.

Is it the exact wheel base as the CSL Elite in true? I thought with the addition of "+" at the end of the name it may have been a new/improved version of its predecessor.
    This Wheelbase is an improved version of the older CSL Elite Wheelbase "+" the additional PS4 compatibility. So the Plus makes sense when releasing this wheelbase standalone.

There are two csl bases, the CSL Elite and the CSL Elite PS4/+. The PS4 version has always been this base with the upgraded motor. The older CSL does not have these features. This is the first time the PS4 version has been offered as base only.
  • I hope the older CSL Base will be available again (too) soon. I have pre-ordered it 2 Weeks ago. :-/

• David HeaveyDavid Heavey Member
    edited June 2018
    Is this wheel base the reason you guys put the price of the Formula Black up by close to €50? I was going to buy a Black for my CSL (non PS4 version) when it was cheaper. No way am I buying it now. Ridiculous when the Black was in stock for a long time at a lower price. New wheel base and all of a sudden the wheel costs more to manufacture. 

And before ya'll start with the "just get the McLaren wheel", I don't want it lol
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited June 2018
    Is this wheel base the reason you guys put the price of the Formula Black up by close to €50? I was going to buy a Black for my CSL (non PS4 version) when it was cheaper. No way am I buying it now. Ridiculous when the Black was in stock for a long time at a lower price. New wheel base and all of a sudden the wheel costs more to manufacture. 

And before ya'll start with the "just get the McLaren wheel", I don't want it lol
    I would guess the McLaren wheel is far more likely the change in price of a rim.  It is also concieable that since they've been making that rim for a very long time, the component costs have crept up and it was simply time for an adjustment.
  • Is this wheel base the reason you guys put the price of the Formula Black up by close to €50? I was going to buy a Black for my CSL (non PS4 version) when it was cheaper. No way am I buying it now. Ridiculous when the Black was in stock for a long time at a lower price. New wheel base and all of a sudden the wheel costs more to manufacture. 

I would guess the McLaren wheel is far more likely the change in price of a rim.  It is also concieable that since they've been making that rim for a very long time, the component costs have crept up and it was simply time for an adjustment.
    I doubt that. The Carbon version didn't go up in price at all. And we all know how expensive carbon is. 

Either way, they lost out on a sale because of the price hike. Pity. Really want that wheel too :(
  • Strongest servo motor on the PS4 (identical to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5)

Hm.. This one has only one belt - so is it enough for more powerful v2.5 motor? v2.5 has dual belts, after all. Anyway it is my choice №2 now if №1 DD will be too expensive for my country tax limit. Glad to read it!
  • That's awsome thomas.. will the podium series ps4 compatible?
  • Will this unit have the rev lights working?
  • Will this unit have the rev lights working?
    Don't be dense, the rev lights work on all of them. Talk to the software vendor if the don't work in a particular game. This kind of sarcastic comment is not constructive.
  • Mr. Barsottti: I asked a simple question since the rev lights don't work in GT Sport.  If they are working then it would appreciated if Fanatec would inform us how that's done.  Perhaps you  might enlighten me?

I don't understand why someone is attacked for simply asking a question!  I have been a loyal customer of Fanatec for many years and  am insulted by your comment.
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited June 2018
    Mr. Barsottti: I asked a simple question since the rev lights don't work in GT Sport.  If they are working then it would appreciated if Fanatec would inform us how that's done.  Perhaps you  might enlighten me?

I don't understand why someone is attacked for simply asking a question!  I have been a loyal customer of Fanatec for many years and  am insulted by your comment.

Because you know damn well the lights work on the base, you asked the question as if Fanatec can do ANYTHING on their end. It's a polyphony digital issue, go troll their forums.

There are endless videos of people using the Fanatec products on the PC with the rev lights working.  Also if you paid any attention to the comments on here you'd have read that this IS the base that is the PS4 product.  So why are you asking if something has changes in this unit?  You know better, you are simply trolling.  It's not a good look.
  • Hey BARSOTTI, what's wrong with you? Are you the " FANATEC Troll Police " or something like that?
    Get over it that somebody asked a nonsense question, must not be YOUR business.

• Joel you didn't need to call him out in that way. There's many other ways to handle an issue and that's not one of them. Don't say "something isn't a good look" if you don't have a "good look" yourself...
  • edited June 2018
    Hi Thomas,

bitte teilen Sie uns mit, ob sich der CSL Elite PS4 + Radstand technisch vom CSL Elite PS4 Bundle Radstand unterscheidet

tanks and regards
  • Hi Thomas,

bitte teilen Sie uns mit, ob sich der CSL Elite PS4 + Radstand technisch vom CSL Elite PS4 Bundle Radstand unterscheidet

tanks and regards
    They are technically completely identical. The ONLY difference is that the new "+" Wheel Base does not come with the PS4 rim which you get in the Racing Wheel package.
  • Hallo Thomas,

CSL Elite PS4 + Radstand vom CSL Elite PS4 Bundle Radstand unterscheidet

Tanks und Grüße
    Sie sind technisch vollkommen identisch. Der EINZIGE Unterschied ist, dass die neue "+" Wheel Ba se nicht mit der PS4 Felge kommt, die Sie im Racing Wheel Paket bekommen.
    schade :( dachte es wäre eine erneut überarbeitete Version.
    Danke Maurice
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited June 2018

Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Sie sind technisch vollkommen identisch. Der EINZIGE Unterschied ist, dass die neue "+" Wheel Ba se nicht mit der PS4 Felge kommt, die Sie im Racing Wheel Paket bekommen.
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?

• Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?
    Hatte wegen dem "+" erwartet, daß es vielleicht vom FFB zumindest an die des CSW V2 herankommt. Was habt ihr für Erfahrungen mit der csl elite base? Erfüllt es z.B. bei Assetto Corsa von der Performance her alle Erwartungen auf der PS4, wenn man die Kraft des CSW V2 gewöhnt ist? Überlege mir wegen der nämlich wegen der vollen PS4 Kompatibilität eine csl elite zu bestellen.

• Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?
    Hatte wegen dem "+" erwartet, daß es vielleicht vom FFB zumindest an die des CSW V2 herankommt. Was habt ihr für Erfahrungen mit der csl elite base? Erfüllt es z.B. bei Assetto Corsa von der Performance her alle Erwartungen auf der PS4, wenn man die Kraft des CSW V2 gewöhnt ist? Überlege mir wegen der nämlich wegen der vollen PS4 Kompatibilität eine csl elite zu bestellen.
    I don't understand why you say that the CSLE PS4+ FFB would be less than that of a CSW v2? The CSLE PS4+ has the motor of the CSW v2.5 as you can see in the first posting, which is even slightly stronger than the CSW v2 motor.

• Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?
    I don't understand why you say that the CSLE PS4+ FFB would be less than that of a CSW v2? The CSLE PS4+ has the motor of the CSW v2.5 as you can see in the first posting, which is even slightly stronger than the CSW v2 motor.
    Slightly stronger but because of the difference in the gear ratio CSL has 6N-m torque,CSW V2 7N-m torque.
  • Bitte genau lesen. Ich sage nicht, daß es schwächer ist sondern Frage ob es schwächer ist als die v2. Außerdem wird mein Text hier völlig falsch von der Seite übersetzt. Ich bitte dies zu entschuldigen.

• Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?
    Slightly stronger but because of the difference in the gear ratio CSL has 6N-m torque,CSW V2 7N-m torque.
    But just the torque value doesn't define the FFB quality. Response time and precision, although subjective of course, are much more important than raw strength for good/enjoyable FFB.
  • Looks like a solid little entry level unit. Having the same motor and polling rate as the V2.5 at that price point, et cetera, makes it one hell of a machine for the price.

While there are lower priced wheels out there, if you can save up a little more this will be the better option I think compared to the competition.

Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?
    But just the torque value doesn't define the FFB quality. Response time and precision, although subjective of course, are much more important than raw strength for good/enjoyable FFB.

Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?

Hallo Thomas,

Tanks und Grüße
    Danke Maurice
    What changes you expect?

• I have been trying to contact any customer service person in Australia regarding this product - unfortunately no response online. 

I find it very strange that there is no phone number to dial and speak to someone - 
  • Can the lower part be detached?

I want it flat on my desk without this angel part.