Fanatec is now an official partner and supplier of Formula 1

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited July 2018 in Blog
Esports is getting more and more popular and while other game genres are already attracting millions of viewers, racing is a bit behind in popularity.

This will change now and one of the leading racing esports series will be Formula 1.  

All participants of the F1 Esports finals will use Fanatec gear and we also get a massive presence with our simulators at the F1 races and Fan festivals. This agreement is for five seasons.

But of course we will also come up with licensed and official F1 branded steering wheels which will feature new technology and will be supported by the upcoming F1 games by Codemasters. 

In parallel we also made an agreement with Codemasters and starting in 2018 you can expect attractive bundle deals of the F1 games with our products.

Oh and we will have some Paddock Club tickets available for our community.  

Are you a fan of F1? What is your favourite race?

F1.jpg 341.4K

Comments

• I'm a massive F1 fan, using an official rim will be amazing, can't wait.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I'm a massive F1 fan, using an official rim will be amazing, can't wait.
    Richard, Do you want to visit a race? Let me know where you want to go and I will send you a pair of Paddock Club Club tickets for 2018 or 2019. :)
  • really excited about the official f1 rim , will this be in 2018 ?
  • This is fantastic news , hopefully I can visit the Montreal race next year and see this in action.
  • This is amazing news!! Looking forward to seeing this in Melbourne next year. 
    Licensed F1 rim is another bonus to look forward to. Keep up the amazing work Thomas and team 
    =D>
  • edited July 2018
    Thomas & team, as said and written earlier --> A big congratz for you, F1 Esports and most important us simracers :) 
    Great partnership and we are able to join as well. Good times!

It also brings some extra fun to the F1 weekends. Looking forward to them

And then as a kind of bonus the teaming with Codemasters. Buy a Fanatec F1 wheel and F1 2018 is included for free (haha you know the Dutch right)
  • great news can someone post link to officially licensed f1 rim am on this site everyday what have i missed ?
  • oh i see 
  • @ Thomas,
    i would love 2 see my favourite f1 race in monza live, thx. :))
  • I'm a big fan, visited Monza last year and recently built my own SimRig (SimLab P1) with Fanatec gear (CSL Elite, ClubSport pedals + upgrades, Formula Rim). I'm training for F1 2017 almost daily, still have a lot to learn but it's a wonderful hobby to have.

I'd love to win 2 paddock tickets (me and my F1 loving wife :) for Spa Francorchamps since I live nearby (The Netherlands). Hope to see you guys there!
  • Congratulations for your F1 deal, new technology with licensed F1 wheels sounds great.
    Me and my grilfriend are big F1 Fans, tickets for the 2018 germany GP in Hockenheim would be amazing :)
  • Awesome news!!! You deserve it!!! So many Good news this year with the magnificent Mclaren GT3 wheel (it’s a pleasure to play with it with a open wheel or LMP or GT), next week the launch of the fanatec DD podium serie (1 year and half I save money for be ready for the D day). Just one dream: a Podium serie sterring wheel Mercedes AMG F1 B-)
  • edited July 2018

This is great news. Waiting for an official, fully functional F1 replica wheel as long as I have been playing race games (starting back in the days of Geoff Grammond GP series) I especially look forward to the Codemasters deal, finally full functionality with Fanatec gear in F1 games. Hopefully this support starts with the Mclaren wheel which has lots of potential (I'm a beta testers for F1 2018, but not allowed to speak about the new game features). Sorry guys.

Now about the 2 paddock tickets..., Germany will do just fine :-)

• Amazing news. I converted to an F1 fan from Nascar about 15 years ago. Can't wait to see what you all put out. I may need to buy a new wheel. I have to say the Austin race is my favorite since i live in the US, but Canada can provide some nice racing.
  • I've wanted a fanatec wheel for a while, but I guess this is going to be the final trigger. Let the money saving begin!
  • I'm a massive F1 fan, using an official rim will be amazing, can't wait.
    Richard, Do you want to visit a race? Let me know where you want to go and I will send you a pair of Paddock Club Club tickets for 2018 or 2019. :)
    I don't know about Richard but I would love to see the new F1 french track some day :)

How about an official F1 rim compatible with the new DD wheel base? 
  • Congratulations Thomas
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Fantastic news ! Congratulations. Favorite race Montreal of course. My hometown
  • Congrats Thomas / Endor!

To see Fanatec-Logo among DHL, Heineken, Rolex, etc. is really sth. Special you achieved there! https://www.formula1.com/en/toolbar/partners.html

Favourite Race: Spielberg! Fantastic crowd, beautiful landscape and always good racing!

• Congratulations Fanatec.
    And now i'm awaiting Formula rim 2.0. ;)
  • Thomas, 

Another win!!!!! Can't wait to see those wheels A'm not a fan of F1 games but for sure will get one of those even if a don't used to play knowing you and your team will be amaizing peaces of technology!!!!!

Enhorabuena!!!!!!!! 
  • My favourite race tracks to drive are the Australian GP and the Canadian GP.

I think this is a great deal for fanatec and so for us. Cant wait to see all the new products that will be added to the fanatec portfolio.

• Richard, Do you want to visit a race? Let me know where you want to go and I will send you a pair of Paddock Club Club tickets for 2018 or 2019. :) Seriously ??? Thankyou so much, wow, I can't believe it, I'm in shock. Where do I choose to go, will you be going to all races, it would be great to meet you and thank you in person. I'll need to buy some Fanatec merchandise so I can be a walking advert at the race. When will you have the Podium simulators up and running at the races, it would be great to try one early before I buy one, unless that can be done on the 13th :-bd
  • Congratulations to the Fanatec Team.  Your now recognizeds as #1.
  • Karten für Hockenheim wären cool, zumal es mal wieder "vorerst" das letzte Rennen der F1 dort sein wird. 
  • Great news, congrats!

Haven't got any Fanatec gear myself, but really looking forward to upgrading to it in the near future. 
  • Wow, fantastic news - congrats to the team! I love my Fanatec gear and cant wait to check out the Podium series  - maybe an F1 wheel will be coming in that series too???? (crosses fingers for console compatible carbon wheel with big OLED display).

As a Brit, my favorite racetrack is Silverstone - I am visiting it 6 times this year and travel to many other events. Unfortunately, I am missing F1 this year as I tend to alternate it each year with MotoGP. However, I am at Goodwood Festival of Speed for 4 days next week (so will still get my F1 fix)!.
  • How many time I've to wait? :D
    I'm very impatient for it!!! A F1 blundle could be fantastic! The thing I need finally.
  • If Max likes it, it must be really good :) 

• Wow, fantastic news - congrats to the team! I love my Fanatec gear and cant wait to check out the Podium series  - maybe an F1 wheel will be coming in that series too???? (crosses fingers for console compatible carbon wheel with big OLED display).
    I most certainly agree with you :)