Podium Wheel Bases - All the Info you need

Comments

• Hi Thomas, is the DD2 price is right in the Fanatec Japan ?  I want to make a pre-order but i think only in Japan it's overpriced, just to give an exemple the
    CSW v2.5 
    US 499.95 = 56,200 jp Yen
    EU 549.95 = 72,400 jp Yen
    AU 829.90 = 69,500 jp Yen
    JP  64,900 = 579.00 US$ 

Podium DD2
    US 1,499.95 = 169,000 jp Yen
    EU 1,499.95 = 198,000 jp Yen
    AU 2,499.90 = 209,000 jp Yen
    JP  249,900  = 2,224.00 US$

it costs 724.00 US$ more, i'm sorry Thomas but, if the Podium DD2 costs around 3X of the CSW v2.5 in US, EU and AU  the right price for Japan should be 64,900 x 3 = 194,700  around 200,000 jp Yen or 1,780.00 US$

True , other regions of DD2 price are 3 times of CSW , why japan region more than that? 195,000 yen is reasonable
  • Is encoder resolution still something to worry about?
    Considering the accuracy of the wheel base is purely down to the encoder resolution, I'd say yes. The fact that they're not saying makes me think it is lower than even the accuforce, and no where near the 3mil+ cpr encoders used in the latest osw builds.
  • Thomas can we get more info and specs about the DD2 wheel.... This would be very Good because there is alot of speculation talk on forums about how well your New Outrunner Motor will work for Sim Racing....more Information is the Key point Now.
  • Im completely new to Fanatec but i have been following the DD base and i want one really badly. But there are a few things concerning the auction i dont quite understand. It seems there has already been auctions for other products which i have not seen cause im new but nevertheless here are my questions. An auction (in my sense) is just for one person only, so the highest bidder gets the Object but just to bring one DD1 every week doesnt make sense to me. So basically everyone that somehow agrees to a price and doesnt change it within a minute gets the base. But there could be one guy that puts the price to 2000euro which would make the whole thing useless cause the DD2 is better and cheaper at that point, this is for me who doesnt have a lot of money a worrying factor. I want to support Fanatec but i also want to have a good price so what am i gonna do? Buy the base for 1Euro which is completely crazy or buy it for a price i dont know. Last but not least is the auction just like a preorder like the DD2 or do i get the base right after the auction.

Many thanks for anybody that answers my questions.
  • I understand your position Willy, I sold of my V2.5 wheel base, my V1 wheel base and two of my wheels in preparation for a 7/13 release date only to realize, as we got closer to the date and no info released, that 7/13 was not the date this would go on sale. It was very disappointing listening to the news today realizing I would have another 6 months to wait. 

You make a great set of products Fanatec, I am sticking with you for now, but with every new release you keep shooting yourselves in the foot. Being the best on the market has little weight if your not available when needed.
    What if I told you it is you that is shooting themselves in the foot? You sold your wheel base and wheels not knowing if or when the new base would be released. Buy another v2.5 and then sell it at a more appropriate time?

Speculating about things you have no way of knowing about is not a very effective way to make decisions and nothing about that is Fanatec's fault. They have no obligation to spell out all the details of their business so you can plan ahead 6 months. What is it with the sim racing community and just constantly setting themselves up for disappointment? I truly do not get it.
    Hi Andrew, first let me say I have already purchased another wheel for use while waiting on the release of the DD2, which I have also pre-ordered. What I truly do not get is why people feel compelled to block and discredit others for voicing there opinions. Improvement only happens when concerns are made known. Yes Fanatec is their own company and yes they can do anything they want with the products and business model, but any business that doesn't want to hear the concerns of their consumers will not be in business long

I understand your need to defend Fanatec, I do so myself when its warranted, but don't attack consumers when they are merely pointing out an area of concern they have with the company they are choosing to spend their money with. I have spent more money with Fanatec than my first car cost me because they have listened to their consumers and implemented change and ingenuity.
  • Hi Thomas

Are you able to provide any more information as to how the auction for the DD1 will work for Australian customers. for example will they be bidding in USD/EUR excluding taxes/shipping which will then be added when succesful, or will you have a separate auction for Australian customers etc?

Thanks in advance

Martin

• Will there be any other way to pre-order the PS4 version beside through the auction process???
  • Hi Thomas!
    Have you any new job for me to pay the DD1?
  • how do we pre order without paying total up front? i want to order but am not paying 6 mths infront
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    For those of us who own both PS4 and Xbox One, if you put an Xbox One universal hub on the PS4 compatible DD1, can you use It on Xbox too?
    Would like to know that too. Can one put an Elite Wheel P1 for example on the PS4 version of the DD1 and have both Xbox and PS4 compatibility then?
  • For those of us who own both PS4 and Xbox One, if you put an Xbox One universal hub on the PS4 compatible DD1, can you use It on Xbox too?
    Would like to know that too. Can one put an Elite Wheel P1 for example on the PS4 version of the DD1 and have both Xbox and PS4 compatibility then?
    I guess this will work the same way it does on the CSL Elite PS4. PS4 compatibility through the base and the Xbox One compatibility through the rim. So yes, with the right rim you you should be able to use both consoles.
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    For those of us who own both PS4 and Xbox One, if you put an Xbox One universal hub on the PS4 compatible DD1, can you use It on Xbox too?
    I guess this will work the same way it does on the CSL Elite PS4. PS4 compatibility through the base and the Xbox One compatibility through the rim. So yes, with the right rim you you should be able to use both consoles.
    Yup, that's my guess as well, seems logical. Would like some confirmation from Fanatec though.
  • For those of us who own both PS4 and Xbox One, if you put an Xbox One universal hub on the PS4 compatible DD1, can you use It on Xbox too?
    Yes , Thomas answered before
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    Yes , Thomas answered before
    Thanks found it. I did a search on one page only which is why I missed it. Awesome!
  • Rem AmbruosiRem Ambruosi Member
    edited July 2018
    I have the V2, its awesome,and they were reasonably priced, but for me to upgrade to your ridiculous priced DD is insane.I know you need to charge more as its DD, but come on, $2500.00 Aus, for the DD2, its the most ridiculous price I've ever seen, do you guys actually want to sell a lot of them or only a handful, because with those prices, you wont sell what you think you will, sim racers out there are not as stupid as you think, and I know of at least 10 sim racers who were all waiting for the podium pricing to come out, and out of those 10, none now will even go near them, so that's just 10 I know, you times that by a few 100 people that know 10 that wont buy, all of a sudden , its getting into the 1000 mark of potential sales that went down the drain due to greed , I will wait until you guys come back down to planet earth with reasonable pricing, not this Ludacris pricing you have now.

I wonder if Fanatec will respond to my post, and explain in detail why they are charging so much for the DD2 , as the pricing on the DD1 isn't out yet, i cant say if that's ridiculous, but I gather the DD1 pricing will be just as ridiculous as the DD2.

Valid customer, but not stupid.

edited July 2018
    If you do not like the price then don't buy it, if you don't like an auction then don't participate, it's that simple. People on here are always just bitching and moaning and threatening to buy other products. You aren't entitled to anything so please just either buy the product or do not buy the product it is afterall up to you and your budget. The price came in a little lower than I expected actually so I am pleased with that however it is still a bit out of my budget range too but maybe later this year I can try to get the DD2. Point is I really can't afford one just yet either but you can't take it out on the manufacturer because it's out of your price range. I mean I'd love a Ferrari but I can't complain to them that they're too expensive for me now can I?

How can you even start to think that there pricing is just and fair, for them to make a good profit, they don't need to charge that much.Its ridiculous what there going to charge for the DD2,greed can be the downfall of any company.
    I have the V2, its awesome, and I consider the pricing on the V2 and V2.5 are reasonable and fair ,but for me to upgrade to the ridiculous prices for DD's is insane. I know they need to charge more as its DD, but come on, $2500.00 Aus for the DD2, its the most ridiculous price I've ever seen for a DD, do the guys at Fanatec corporate actually want to sell a lot of them or only a handful, because with those prices, they wont sell what they think they will ,perhaps to gullible people like yourself, but  sim racers out there are not as stupid as you think, and I know of at least 10 sim racers who were all waiting for the podium pricing to come out, and out of those 10, none now will even go near them, so that's just 10 I know, you times that by a few 100 people that know 10 that wont buy, all of a sudden , its getting into the 1000 mark of potential sales that went down the drain due to greed,I will wait until Fanatec come back down to planet earth with reasonable pricing, not the Ludacris prices they have now.

• edited July 2018
    I have the V2, its awesome,and they are reasonably priced, but for me to upgrade to your ridiculous priced DD is insane.I know you need to charge more as its DD, but come on, $2500.00 Aus, for the DD2, its the most ridiculous price I've ever seen for a DD, do you guys actually want to sell a lot of them or only a handful, because with those prices, you wont sell what you think you will, sim racers out there are not as stupid as you think, and more like me will complain about how much greed is involved , I will wait until you guys come back down to planet earth with reasonable pricing, not this Ludacris pricing you have now.

In my opinion it's quite o.k., compared to the market. It's a little bit more expensive than the two other well known DD wheels out there and I hoped it would be a little bit cheaper, too. But you have to keep in mind, that you get a complete all in one plug and play pakage with a quick release system, a powerful software and a specially for sim racing engineered overall system. And it's Fanatecs first DD wheel. So you also have to pay a little bit for the research and development of it. I know, nobody wants to hear that, but that's the business. Maybe, just maybe, the second version is gonna be a little bit cheaper.
    So yes, it's maybe a little bit more expensive than most of us thought or hoped. But for me that's o.k. (even if that's the limit for me), presumed the quality is there and the wheel respectively Fanatec hold its promises.
    And btw., without saying a name, there is a DD wheel out there that's round about 2.5 times as expensive as the DD2 ;-)

Maybe you should wait until the DD1 is on the "free market" and have a look back then.
    edited July 2018
    I have the V2, its awesome,and they are reasonably priced, but for me to upgrade to your ridiculous priced DD is insane.I know you need to charge more as its DD, but come on, $2500.00 Aus, for the DD2, its the most ridiculous price I've ever seen for a DD, do you guys actually want to sell a lot of them or only a handful, because with those prices, you wont sell what you think you will, sim racers out there are not as stupid as you think, and more like me will complain about how much greed is involved , I will wait until you guys come back down to planet earth with reasonable pricing, not this Ludacris pricing you have now.

In my opinion it's quite o.k., compared to the market. It's a little bit more expensive than the two other well known DD wheels out there and I hoped it would be a little bit cheaper, too. But you have to keep in mind, that you get a complete all in one plug and play pakage with a quick release system, a powerful software and a specially for sim racing engineered overall system. And it's Fanatecs first DD wheel. So you also have to pay a little bit for the research and development of it. I know, nobody wants to hear that, but that's the business. Maybe, just maybe, the second version is gonna be a little bit cheaper.
    So yes, it's maybe a little bit more expensive than most of us thought or hoped. But for me that's o.k. (even if that's the limit for me), presumed the quality is there and the wheel respectively Fanatec hold its promises.
    And btw., without saying a name, there is a DD wheel out there that's round about 2.5 times as expensive as the DD2 ;-)

Maybe you should wait until the DD1 is on the "free market" and have a look back then.

A fair point and view. I don't agree with you but  a fair comment non the less......

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited July 2018
    I think the price is exactly where it needs to be... For now. Having a DD base that requires no additional parts/accessories and "just works" with my entire sim racing eco system is definitely worth a few extra €s for me (personally).

For example, if I was to buy an alternative DD base, I would be required to either manufacture / buy a new set of QRs, Rims, etc. And I would lose support for my consoles, and possibly some of my games library.
    So to have a DD base that will allow me to use all my existing rims seamlessly, all my existing hardware, and be fully compatible with my entire games library and consoles and up to 5yr warranty etc is truly invaluable to me.
    Many other sim racers who already don't have this kind of support end up buying 3rd party devices, and/or making quick releases etc to resolve these issues, that can end up costing them more, aren't as integrated, reliable and or functional.

I am very excited for this, and the Official F1 branded rims! Great time ahead :smile: it also means I don't have to sell my V2, that can now become a second rig and can share the rims and get the hand me downs from it's bigger DD brothers rig :smiley:
  • edited July 2018
    If the silhouette of Podium Racing wheel is real , the design should come from CS formula wheel ..

Blue circles sth like encoders for adjusting brake bias or TCS ,etc

Yellow circle seem refined the led rev light bigger? Lighter?

Green circles are the buttons, same position as CSFW does

• edited July 2018
    Come on people... First the Sim Community Begs Fanatec to Make a DD wheel... Fanatec finally said they would do it but Thomas/Fanatec always said it wont be cheap!!! They Do Research and development and Create a DD motor that is specific to Sim Racing Needs <-- Not a Hybrid/ Stepper motor but a True Sim Racing DD Motor!!! No external Boxes, No USB cord but wireless Power and Data transmission to give us Fully functional on Rim Button and Data screen with the Fanatec trade mark on Wheel Tuning Menu!!! also there is a Data Display on the wheel base its self to display FFB input Graph and all sorts of other stuff <--What other DD wheel has any of this??? What did you think it would Cost??? The Day that Fanatec Annouced a DD wheel was in the works i started Planning and saving So I would be Ready!!! <--- Keep in mind the DD2 is the Big Boy Wheel and any time you get the top tier Model for any product line it cost more.... So again i wonder what did you think it would cost??? Especially Long Term Fanatec Customers because if you have wheel and pedals then it cost the same as any other DD wheel out there because you Only Need the wheel base but the Fanatec Base Does Much more than the rest of them because again what other DD wheel Has a on the Base Data, Telemetry, tuning Screen??? also with other DD bases you have to buy QR and Button Boxes for the wheel rims so other DD options may even cost more $$$ to get them 100% up and running.... For Me after owning and using the 911 gt2, CSR Elite, CSW v2, CSW v2.5 each New wheel has gotten better and better there is No way i would Miss the chance to Own a Fanatec DD base!!! it seems that instead of complaining the DD was taking to long to be launched that Many should have focused on Saving all the extra $$$ that could be saved because Now the Fanatec DD wheels are here and seems many are Not Ready. .. These are the Facts and My thoughts So No Need for Debates.
  • how do we pre order without paying total up front? i want to order but am not paying 6 mths infront
    you don't lol.... it's fanatec we're talking about....... 
  • Not enthusiastic with price point for the smaller market this will attract. I represent 90% or of your fan base that can't afford or justify this price perhaps. Will wait a few years and get one second hand possibly. A stronger 20nm OSW is 500$ cheaper :/. bummer I was really hoping DD was ready to go mainstream. I make good money but I just can't see this making sense for myself anyway. Cheers Thomas! your still the man and i wish you great success...sincerily think prices will get better for us all in the future when you can afford to sell these at more consumer friendly price. (I am very impressed with this seemingly very refined DD tech though)
  • What this supposed to mean??? Why is this article relevant???.... There is a Date set for the Podium DD2 wheel base... The other wheel bases can Not be pre ordered yet... So this article is Moot.... and by the way the delay with the McClaren Rim Fanatec gave a Free QR or the Value of the QR to those that Pre Ordered the Rim as a Compensation for the delay --> I was Very Satisfied with that and I knew that I would use the Compensation Code when i ordered My Podium wheel base... Which i did and i am Very Satisfied.... there is No Need to trash talk Fanatec if you like then you Buy... You No Like Then You No Buy Very Simple.
  • I suppose it's out of the question that Fanatec might offer a payment plan?? Like 12 months interest-free credit for previous good customers?
    If only! Just dreaming @-)
  • I suppose it's out of the question that Fanatec might offer a payment plan?? Like 12 months interest-free credit for previous good customers?
    If only! Just dreaming @-)
    paypal is 6 months no interest
  • Come on people... First the Sim Community Begs Fanatec to Make a DD wheel... Fanatec finally said they would do it but Thomas/Fanatec always said it wont be cheap!!! They Do Research and development and Create a DD motor that is specific to Sim Racing Needs <-- Not a Hybrid/ Stepper motor but a True Sim Racing DD Motor!!! No external Boxes, No USB cord but wireless Power and Data transmission to give us Fully functional on Rim Button and Data screen with the Fanatec trade mark on Wheel Tuning Menu!!! also there is a Data Display on the wheel base its self to display FFB input Graph and all sorts of other stuff <--What other DD wheel has any of this??? What did you think it would Cost??? The Day that Fanatec Annouced a DD wheel was in the works i started Planning and saving So I would be Ready!!! <--- Keep in mind the DD2 is the Big Boy Wheel and any time you get the top tier Model for any product line it cost more.... So again i wonder what did you think it would cost??? Especially Long Term Fanatec Customers because if you have wheel and pedals then it cost the same as any other DD wheel out there because you Only Need the wheel base but the Fanatec Base Does Much more than the rest of them because again what other DD wheel Has a on the Base Data, Telemetry, tuning Screen??? also with other DD bases you have to buy QR and Button Boxes for the wheel rims so other DD options may even cost more $$$ to get them 100% up and running.... For Me after owning and using the 911 gt2, CSR Elite, CSW v2, CSW v2.5 each New wheel has gotten better and better there is No way i would Miss the chance to Own a Fanatec DD base!!! it seems that instead of complaining the DD was taking to long to be launched that Many should have focused on Saving all the extra $$$ that could be saved because Now the Fanatec DD wheels are here and seems many are Not Ready. .. These are the Facts and My thoughts So No Need for Debates.

Well Sir if your gullible enough to think that there pricing is fine, and that we have to pay out more because of there research and development, WHY,  its not like DDs haven't been around for a long time, and they certainly do NOT  need to make them that expensive, yes great it all comes in a neat box and no need for anything else, so lets pay a ridiculous amount just because they come up with some different way to present a DD, that's just rude marketing, all my gear is Fanatec, because in the past all gear has been at a reasonable price, a little high perhaps but fine with most consumers, but if they insist on making sim racers look like fools buying gear that is way over priced, they will lose cliental.

• edited July 2018
    Rem Ambruosi there is a Very Simple Solution... You No Like It You No Buy it!!! My pre order is in and I'm sure I'm Not the only 1 ... Hurry act Now the Cheaper other Brand DD awaits your order Don't waste your time complaining prices aren't gonna go down!!! Get your order in Now before the other Cheaper Brand DD wheels sell out!