Pricing and auction system of Podium DD1 explained

1235»

Comments

• I've gone ahead and pre-ordered. No point stressing any more about the auction, when it'll happen, if I have a realistic chance of getting a good price etc.
  • edited September 2018
    For those on the fence with the auction you can just preorder and if you win a auction cancel your preorder. 
    General problem for me is a shipment viz it's absence. My country "is out of region" so I can preorder it only via Amazon, but it's unavailable there. Additionally I'm not sure that Fanatec will ship it in time till the end of the year, and it's critical for me because custom house will double price af any good above $1000 since next year.
  • What is the difference between the DD1 with the DD2 motor inside and the DD2?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

What is the difference between the DD1 with the DD2 motor inside and the DD2?
    The DD2 is more powerful. The DD1 uses the same motor, but it is configured to run at lower torque (estimated values are on the product pages). The DD2 comes with a 5 year warranty, whereas the DD1 has a 2 year warranty (upgradable to 3 or 5 years). The DD2 includes a killswitch/remote power button, whereas it is an optional accessory for the DD1. The two bases have a different cosmetic appearance on the outside - the DD1 is has aluminium panels, and the DD2 uses carbon fibre.
  • Eric HarveyEric Harvey Member
    edited September 2018
    As suggested earlier it would be nice to see more sold through Amazon.

The DD2 is more powerful. The DD1 uses the same motor, but it is configured to run at lower torque (estimated values are on the product pages). The DD2 comes with a 5 year warranty, whereas the DD1 has a 2 year warranty (upgradable to 3 or 5 years). The DD2 includes a killswitch/remote power button, whereas it is an optional accessory for the DD1. The two bases have a different cosmetic appearance on the outside - the DD1 is has aluminium panels, and the DD2 uses carbon fibre.
    Thanks for the info. Why running the same motor with lower torque? is it the chassis of the DD1 that can't support the torque?
  • Thanks for the info. Why running the same motor with lower torque? is it the chassis of the DD1 that can't support the torque?
    Because otherwise it would be a DD2 and no DD1 anymore ;-) The DD1 is intended to be the "little brother" of the DD2.

Thanks for the info. Why running the same motor with lower torque? is it the chassis of the DD1 that can't support the torque?
    Because Fanatec wasnt happy with the original motor they were using in the DD1, so for now they have decided to offer the DD1 with the DD2 motor fitted, but restrictex to lower power(Nm) and have stated that this upgrade is for preorders only, but I assume that if they can not resolve the issues with the originally fitted DD1 motor they might well just leave the DD2 motor in the DD1 ????
  • Ivan HruškaIvan Hruška Member
    edited September 2018
    Dominic Brennan said:
    the DD1 is has aluminium panels, and the DD2 uses carbon fibre.
    Is the carbon fibre panel real carbon fibre or just some kind of foil or some other imitation of carbon fibre?
    Dominic Brennan said:
    the DD1 is has aluminium panels, and the DD2 uses carbon fibre.
    Is the carbon fibre panel real carbon fibre or just some kind of foil or some other imitation of carbon fibre?
    It is real carbon fibre.
  • Taken from the DD2 features list "Exchangeable carbon fiber cover plates" What can they be changed to ?
  • edited September 2018
    Dominic, what chances to get DD1 (PC and PS4 version) in US this year at the moment? Just ordered pedals,shifter and handbrake at Amazon and the last thing left is base now. I could make a preorder in US, but I will have to cancel it if DD1 won't pass a custom house this year.
  • edited September 2018
    Dominic, what chances to get DD1 (PC and PS4 version) in US this year at the moment? Just ordered pedals,shifter and handbrake at Amazon and the last thing left is base now. I could make a preorder in US, but I will have to cancel it if DD1 won't pass a custom house this year.
    EU, I mean ^_^ When PS4 version will become available for preorders? Will it release at december with pc version?
    Taken from the DD2 features list "Exchangeable carbon fiber cover plates" What can they be changed to ?
    They are held on magnetically and can be changed, but I can't say more than that at the moment.

EU, I mean ^_^ When PS4 version will become available for preorders? Will it release at december with pc version?
    The aim is to launch in December, and we would like to get the Podium Racing Wheel (PS4 version) launching in a similar timeframe, but this is subject to change, as the products are still in development.
  • the aussie auction is a bit suspect.....swent over $2000 before they wiped them out and started again
  • Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited October 2018
    Someone also mentioned that a bidder won and was then able to bid on others which helped to drive the prices up, they were wondering if there was a bot in there placing automatic bids. I doubt that Fanatec would do that though, they are better than that.
  • edited November 2018
    The aim is to launch in December, and we would like to get the Podium Racing Wheel (PS4 version) launching in a similar timeframe, but this is subject to change, as the products are still in development.
    Hi Dominic, any news regarding the DD1 bundle for PS4? Can we expect an announcement in December? Because I can't wait to add the podium paddle module to the PS4 rim!!!