The Fanatec Community Event

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited September 2018 in Blog

Comments

• Can’t wait december 7th!!! Great job guys!!!
  • Please release podium version ps4 in Asia
  • Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited September 2018
    Looks like the event was a lot of fun.

I am not sure where to post this message so I am going to post it here. I am thinking of finally getting the Wheel Base v2.5 but I have a question about how easy it is to set up out of the box and start driving connected to an Xbox One.  Am I able to just connect the Wheel Base to my Xbox and have it working out of the box without the firmware update or other software update to the Wheel Base? Is it essential and mandatory that I update the Wheel Base software before I can use the Wheel Base with my Xbox One? 

I do not have a PC at the moment, so updating would be something that would have to wait. 

(Is there a help forum on this site? OI could not find one so I posted here. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask help questions)

• Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited September 2018
    double post by accident.
  • I wish I understood German...
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Looks like the event was a lot of fun.

I am not sure where to post this message so I am going to post it here. I am thinking of finally getting the Wheel Base v2.5 but I have a question about how easy it is to set up out of the box and start driving connected to an Xbox One.  Am I able to just connect the Wheel Base to my Xbox and have it working out of the box without the firmware update or other software update to the Wheel Base? Is it essential and mandatory that I update the Wheel Base software before I can use the Wheel Base with my Xbox One? 

I do not have a PC at the moment, so updating would be something that would have to wait. 

(Is there a help forum on this site? OI could not find one so I posted here. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask help questions)

Hi Damion, we are expanding the forum to include an area for questions like this. For now, I can offer an answer: It is possible that the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 will work 'out of the box' on Xbox One, but we always recommend that customers update to the latest firmware for the latest feature/compatibility/stability updates. This also depends on the steering wheel you're planning to use with the V2.5 (the McLaren GT3 wheel for example has some important firmware updates that need to be applied to the wheel base and the wheel itself).
  • Hello.
    I am sorry I did not found the right category to post it, but I have the new fanatec wheel at home, to beta test it. The official blancpain series wheel and I am not very happy with it:
    -It has a 90° default (it does not stay straight)
    -not any fonctionnal button
    -the new analog display is not synchronise with ingame RPM. (and it misses revlight)
    -the grip is too slick
    -the shape is not at all like the ingame lamborghini GT3 blancpain series we can see in assetto corsa competizione.

So in conclusion, I'd like to say this is not at all my favorite fanatec wheel.
    Thanks Aurelien, that gave us a good laugh :D
  • Will the Porsche Podium rim be compatible with club sport and elite base? I prefer the real size instead of smaller version.

Will the Porsche Podium rim be compatible with club sport and elite base? I prefer the real size instead of smaller version.
    Yes it will. At the SimRacing Expo the wheel was fitted with a ClubSport Quick Release Adapter (in a custom colour), so the steering wheel built up in this way is compatible with the wheel bases from all three series: CSL, ClubSport, and Podium. We also plan to sell the new Porsche wheel rim itself separately, and this will fit our existing ClubSport Universal Hub if you don't want to go 'full Podium spec' (or indeed if you want Xbox One compatibility).

• Will the Porsche Podium rim be compatible with club sport and elite base? I prefer the real size instead of smaller version.
    Yes it will. At the SimRacing Expo the wheel was fitted with a ClubSport Quick Release Adapter (in a custom colour), so the steering wheel built up in this way is compatible with the wheel bases from all three series: CSL, ClubSport, and Podium. We also plan to sell the new Porsche wheel rim itself separately, and this will fit our existing ClubSport Universal Hub if you don't want to go 'full Podium spec' (or indeed if you want Xbox One compatibility).

Awesome!! Thank you for the update and detailed response regarding compatibility and options. Definitely look forward to the new Porsche wheel rim now.
  • daaaaaaddd... please, send me my dd2 :(.....
    Can't wait... :) :) :).