Showing the new Podium Steering Wheel System

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
At the Simracing Expo 2018 we were showing the new modular steering wheel system which is an eco-system with our eco-system.

Here is a brief introduction and some impressions about the expo:

Highlights:
  • The new Podium Wheel Adapter is the motorsport version of our universal hub and allows the connection of advanced button plates like the new Podium Button Plate.
  • You can also attach any non-Fanatec custom wheel to it and then use a USB cable just like on any other DD system.
  • The new Podium Advanced Paddle Module provides 4 magnetic paddles and two analog paddles. It can be mounted to the Podium Wheel Adapter as well as to the Universal Hub for Xbox (with full functionality) and future steering wheels of the Podium and ClubSport series
  • The QR is also exchangeable and upgradeable
  • We were also showing 4 new wheel rims at the expo. Two versions of the 911 CUP rim, the R300 which has the same shape but 30 cm diameter and the Alcantara version of our GT rim

Have you been at the Expo? What was your impression?

Comments

• Looking forward to the Podium Series! I bet Santa Claus is using a DD2 on his sleigh this year.
  • Looks awesome. Plz release that porche podium rim already and ship my DD1 :))) cant wait!

Would like more info about podium pedals as I'm bit looking to competitors way at the moment but would like to know what Fanatec has to offer
  • edited September 2018
    Unfortunately I had no chance to visit the Expo.Obviously it was a great event. And I'm really curious about the upcoming new Fanatec stuff (maybe a new Podium Shifter and a Podium Handbrake?).
    But for now I relally like this one...

• edited September 2018
    Can you provide a tad more info on how the New shifters would connect to the Xbox1 Hub??? This sounds very interesting... and will be very cost effective Not to have to buy a whole New Hub just for the Magnetic shifter padals.
  • I hope there is an option to not have the pedals not painted black, I like the raw metal look!
  • Frank LehmannFrank Lehmann Member
    edited September 2018
    The Expo was absolutely great. And Thomas was kindly answering my questions and gave me a detailled overview about the modularity of the new Podium wheels. Thanks for that, Thomas. Much appreciated. :-bd

cheers
    Ernie

imageimage

• edited September 2018
    Was there PS4 version of DD with GTs?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Can you provide a tad more info on how the New shifters would connect to the Xbox1 Hub??? This sounds very interesting... and will be very cost effective Not to have to buy a whole New Hub just for the Magnetic shifter padals.
    Hi Lorrell, the magnetic shifter modules can attach to the same mounts as the existing shifter modules on the ClubSport Universal Hub. Internally, the electrical connectors will attach to the existing PCB inside the hub.
    Hi Dmitriy, we didn't show the Podium Racing Wheel at the Expo. We hope to show the full product (with formula-style steering wheel) soon.
  • Hope this one is Xbox compatible.
    The Podium adapter is not Xbox compatible afaik BUT you can buy the Quick Release, Magnetic Shifter Paddles, Podium Button Plate and one of the Porsche rims seperately and attach it to an Xbox Universal Hub which makes the package fully Xbox compatible :)
    The Podium adapter is not Xbox compatible afaik BUT you can buy the Quick Release, Magnetic Shifter Paddles, Podium Button Plate and one of the Porsche rims seperately and attach it to an Xbox Universal Hub which makes the package fully Xbox compatible :)
    Thanks for the info but I'm avoiding the old Xbox hub. I need my system to be compatible with Xbox, PS4 and PC and now have the PS4 Elite base with P1 Elite rim and Mc Laren Rim. But I am planning to switch to The PS4 podium base and would love a decent Xbox rim with it. Not sure if the Xbox hub is compatible with the Podium vbase but even if it is it's an old product in need of replacement.
    Thanks for the info but I'm avoiding the old Xbox hub. I need my system to be compatible with Xbox, PS4 and PC and now have the PS4 Elite base with P1 Elite rim and Mc Laren Rim. But I am planning to switch to The PS4 podium base and would love a decent Xbox rim with it. Not sure if the Xbox hub is compatible with the Podium vbase but even if it is it's an old product in need of replacement.
    The Xbox Hub is of course fully compatible to the DD bases - also to the PS4 Racing Wheel edition ;-)
  • The Xbox Hub is of course fully compatible to the DD bases - also to the PS4 Racing Wheel edition ;-)
    Yup, but still waiting for a new Xbox compaitible Adapter or button plate, the Xbox hub is way too old.
  • Any idea when this stuff will be on the store? Had to do a bunch of training at work which meant lots of overtime pay into the "Ooooooooo shiny" fund.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    The Xbox Hub is of course fully compatible to the DD bases - also to the PS4 Racing Wheel edition ;-)
    Yup, but still waiting for a new Xbox compaitible Adapter or button plate, the Xbox hub is way too old.
    What would you like to change on the current universal hub for Xbox?
  • The Xbox Hub is of course fully compatible to the DD bases - also to the PS4 Racing Wheel edition ;-)
    What would you like to change on the current universal hub for Xbox?

Something more integrated. I’m actually after the 918 wheel with Xbox compatibility.
  • Was there PS4 version of DD with GTs?
    Hi Dmitriy, we didn't show the Podium Racing Wheel at the Expo. We hope to show the full product (with formula-style steering wheel) soon.
    Presentation only or preorders opening else? Have You got Sony license already?
  • edited September 2018
    I'm thinking about to pre-order one of the direct drive. Some argument are really good to convince me to buy it. I just hope there will be a good formula rim like I would like (carbon, magnetic paddles, big screen and leds, ...). I'm ready to spend a lot of  time (and so money!) on it for a very effective steering wheel like the previous formula rim (your best rim for the moment !).

I've some questions :

- If I preorder it now, does it mean I will have it in December ? Or is it like the Mclaren GT3 rim (that means I will probably need to wait more than what it's expected ?) ?

- I've an rSeat RS1. It seems that I can fix the DD on it because there are 3 of the same drilling than the CSW. But can I have the confirmation from you that is okay for it ?
  • - If I preorder it now, does it mean I will have it in December ? Or is it like the Mclaren GT3 rim (that means I will probably need to wait more than what it's expected ?) ?
    Unfortunately It's uncertain at the moment.. =(
    The aim is to launch in December, and we would like to get the Podium Racing Wheel (PS4 version) launching in a similar timeframe, but this is subject to change, as the products are still in development.
  • Is McLaren GT3 wheel with ClubSport QR able to handle full DD2 power or torque key need to be used?
  • Is McLaren GT3 wheel with ClubSport QR able to handle full DD2 power or torque key need to be used?
    McLaren with the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter will have full power on DD2.
    The torque will only be reduced to CSW v2.5 level if you attach the McLaren to the DD Base with the standard plastic Quick Release.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Presentation only or preorders opening else? Have You got Sony license already?
    Hopefully both! I can't discuss the details of the Sony agreement publicly, but rest assured that we will deliver.
    I'm thinking about to pre-order one of the direct drive. Some argument are really good to convince me to buy it. I just hope there will be a good formula rim like I would like (carbon, magnetic paddles, big screen and leds, ...). I'm ready to spend a lot of  time (and so money!) on it for a very effective steering wheel like the previous formula rim (your best rim for the moment !).

I've some questions :

- If I preorder it now, does it mean I will have it in December ? Or is it like the Mclaren GT3 rim (that means I will probably need to wait more than what it's expected ?) ?

- I've an rSeat RS1. It seems that I can fix the DD on it because there are 3 of the same drilling than the CSW. But can I have the confirmation from you that is okay for it ?
    We are working hard to have the Podium bases ready for December, but there are many factors in the final stages of development that could affect the shipping date.

As for the RS1, I recommend that you ask the manufacturer (only they would be able to confirm which wheel bases their product is ready to accept), but as the base plate appears to be flat, it seems likely that a Podium wheel base will mount (the underside of the wheel base is completely flat).
    Is McLaren GT3 wheel with ClubSport QR able to handle full DD2 power or torque key need to be used?
    That is the intention yes. We had the McLaren wheels (with CS QRA) running on full power on the DD2 at the SimRacing Expo. The torque key is only necessary if you want to manually limit the torque output. For the CSL series wheels (without a ClubSport Quick Release), the torque is automatically limited when the wheel is attached - it is unrelated to the torque key.
  • Thanks for the anwser.
  • Just pre-ordered the DD1. Please do not spoil my X-mas vacation with a delayed release! Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Just pre-ordered the DD1. Please do not spoil my X-mas vacation with a delayed release! Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Well now you've jinxed us all.
  • This product will also be available via auctions or must we pre-order now?

• will there be new pedals for the podium serie too? 
  • edited October 2018
    guys... i can't wait for my DD2..

in my opinion is incredible... i really not expect to prefer podium over both bodnar and OSw... leave me speech less when i try it.
    it's complete.. it's wireless and have a real company behind where i can expect future and secure software updates with new features , compatibility and fix if needed. I love this new accessories.

only 70 days left.
  • will there be new pedals for the podium serie too? 
    New pedals have been confirmed by Thomas, but from my understanding not as soon as other products.