Auction System of DD1 - UPDATE 4

Comments

• I'm looking forward to when the North American auction takes place. I'm sure it'll be a smooth experience since Fanatec are spending a lot of time on their auction system. Also, we all need to chill a bit. I've noticed many negative comments and I feel there's no point in getting worked up since wheelbases aren't releasing until December anyway.
    Look for some confortable place to "look forward to the auction" :D. It may take long ;)

Im not complaining about release date, etc. Im simply saying that you can´t promise something (an auction in the current topic), and then dissapear for a couple of months. This will become more and more important as the relesea date actually get close. And it could even have a negative impact on DD1 sales. Of course i want things to go smooth and great for fanatec (speaking of everything a new website would be cool) but communication is definitely one of their weak points.

Have a nice day ;)
    That's a fair point and I don't disagree. Constructive criticism goes a long way. As long as it's constructive and not just criticism:) 
  • No auctions news for EU ? =(
  • Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited September 2018

I am not sure where to post this message so I am going to post it here. 

I am thinking of finally getting the Wheel Base v2.5 but I have a question about how easy it is to set up out of the box and start driving connected to an Xbox One.  Am I able to just connect the Wheel Base to my Xbox and have it working out of the box without the firmware update or other software update to the Wheel Base? Is it essential and mandatory that I update the Wheel Base software before I can use the Wheel Base with my Xbox One? 

I do not have a PC at the moment, so updating would be something that would have to wait. 

(Is there a help forum on this site? OI could not find one so I posted here. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask help questions)

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    No auctions news for EU ? =(
    Hi Dmitriy, we are working on it, and will update everyone when the time comes.

I am not sure where to post this message so I am going to post it here. 

I am thinking of finally getting the Wheel Base v2.5 but I have a question about how easy it is to set up out of the box and start driving connected to an Xbox One.  Am I able to just connect the Wheel Base to my Xbox and have it working out of the box without the firmware update or other software update to the Wheel Base? Is it essential and mandatory that I update the Wheel Base software before I can use the Wheel Base with my Xbox One? 

I do not have a PC at the moment, so updating would be something that would have to wait. 

(Is there a help forum on this site? OI could not find one so I posted here. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask help questions)

Hi Damion, we are working on a new forum for this purpose. To answer your question, it is possible that the hardware will work 'out of the box' on Xbox One without a firmware update, but it is important that you run a firmware update to get the latest support and fixes. It also depends on which steering wheel you're attaching. For example the new McLaren wheel may not be detected properly without the wheel base being updated first.
  • Hi Dominic, are the any news about how the DD Wheel will be attached to the rennsport cockpit and how much the wheel mount will cost?

best regards
    Timo
  • 8 weeks till podium  release date,how about some definite answers either way regarding your auctions.your silence on this issue is deafening,if no more auctions just tell us.come on Dominic the truth on this topic please.ps are you still on track for december release?or will it be march or april next year?give us something mate.cheers Robert
    Hi Dominic, are the any news about how the DD Wheel will be attached to the rennsport cockpit and how much the wheel mount will cost?

best regards
    Timo
    Hi Timo, we've had a huge amount of interest in the gold-coloured supporting arms shown on our Podium-equipped cockpits, and we intended to make them available for sale, but I have no information on pricing at the moment.

8 weeks till podium  release date,how about some definite answers either way regarding your auctions.your silence on this issue is deafening,if no more auctions just tell us.come on Dominic the truth on this topic please.ps are you still on track for december release?or will it be march or april next year?give us something mate.cheers Robert
    Hi Robert, the auctions are still planned to go ahead, but other critical tasks (also website related) have taken priority recently. We are working hard to meet the December release.
  • Hi Dominic, are the any news about how the DD Wheel will be attached to the rennsport cockpit and how much the wheel mount will cost?

best regards
    Timo
    Hi Timo, we've had a huge amount of interest in the gold-coloured supporting arms shown on our Podium-equipped cockpits, and we intended to make them available for sale, but I have no information on pricing at the moment.
    Super! Thank you for the fast response. I also like that gold-coloured arms. They seem to be very stiff and rock solid :-)
    Would be nice, if the angle can be adjusted.

best regards
    Timo

8 weeks till podium  release date,how about some definite answers either way regarding your auctions.your silence on this issue is deafening,if no more auctions just tell us.come on Dominic the truth on this topic please.ps are you still on track for december release?or will it be march or april next year?give us something mate.cheers Robert
    Hi Robert, the auctions are still planned to go ahead, but other critical tasks (also website related) have taken priority recently. We are working hard to meet the December release.
    thanks Dom.
  • Hi, is there any news on the auctions for the DD1?? It's not fair, they promised we were getting auctions but its been weeks now..
    WIll they ever take place or not?

Hi, is there any news on the auctions for the DD1?? It's not fair, they promised we were getting auctions but its been weeks now..
    WIll they ever take place or not?

Yes we are still planning to have auctions, but some critical website-related tasks have taken priority recently. Apologies for the delay, we appreciate your patience.
  • Les enchères pour l'Europe se font attendre . Les potentiel acheteur du DD1 vont se tourner sur autre chose OSW ou autre trop long mais pas trop bon. Merci de nous annoncer une échelle de date.
  • Nich stressen lassen :-)
    Eins nach dem anderen :-)
  • I have a short question for Fanatec. If I preorder a DD1 the regular way, and I get lucky and win one during the EU auctions am I able to cancel the preorder? Thanks in advance for replying. Greetings, Davy
    I have a short question for Fanatec. If I preorder a DD1 the regular way, and I get lucky and win one during the EU auctions am I able to cancel the preorder? Thanks in advance for replying. Greetings, Davy
    Your short question has an even shorter answer: Yes.
  • edited October 2018

• Hi Dominic,

I got a question about the auctions for the DD1.
    Will they take place before the 7th of December? Or will the Direct Drive release date be delayed and so will the auctions or will it remain the 7th of December?
    I currently have no wheel, my wheel broke so I can't wait..

Chris
    Hi Dominic,

I got a question about the auctions for the DD1.
    Will they take place before the 7th of December? Or will the Direct Drive release date be delayed and so will the auctions or will it remain the 7th of December?
    I currently have no wheel, my wheel broke so I can't wait..

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Yes, that is the plan. We will be providing new information about the auctions soon. The estimated availability date of the Podium wheel bases is subject to change, but we are still working hard to make that happen.
  • Are the front screws on DD bases intended for mounting or not? I mean will there be possibility to mount there some kind of buttonbox?

I mean something like this:

Are the front screws on DD bases intended for mounting or not? I mean will there be possibility to mount there some kind of buttonbox?

The four large bolts in the front of the Podium wheel bases are part of the assembly and should not be used for any other purpose. The four threaded mounting holes at the front are designed for Fanatec accessories such as the ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles. I would say that the side mounting holes are more appropriate for a custom button box attachment, assuming you are going to use the bottom mounts for securing the wheel base.

• Are the front screws on DD bases intended for mounting or not? I mean will there be possibility to mount there some kind of buttonbox?

The four large bolts in the front of the Podium wheel bases are part of the assembly and should not be used for any other purpose. The four threaded mounting holes at the front are designed for Fanatec accessories such as the ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles. I would say that the side mounting holes are more appropriate for a custom button box attachment, assuming you are going to use the bottom mounts for securing the wheel base.

Are the DD1 (which I've ordered) front accessory holes in the same position as with the Clubsport? So - can I use my existing button box on the DD1?

Thanks.
  • I have a short question for Fanatec. If I preorder a DD1 the regular way, and I get lucky and win one during the EU auctions am I able to cancel the preorder? Thanks in advance for replying. Greetings, Davy
    You will be charged now though. Not when the base is getting shipped. (Like I assumed)

Are the front screws on DD bases intended for mounting or not? I mean will there be possibility to mount there some kind of buttonbox?

Are the DD1 (which I've ordered) front accessory holes in the same position as with the Clubsport? So - can I use my existing button box on the DD1?

Thanks.
    If you're referring to the four holes for the ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, yes they are in the same place. If you have a button box that attaches to these holes, it is possible that it will fit, but that depends on the design of the mount.
    I have a short question for Fanatec. If I preorder a DD1 the regular way, and I get lucky and win one during the EU auctions am I able to cancel the preorder? Thanks in advance for replying. Greetings, Davy
    You will be charged now though. Not when the base is getting shipped. (Like I assumed)
    There is an option (for the EU webshop) to pay by bank transfer, which allows you to pay later.
  • Since this post is getting old (im waiting patiently… in fact i can´t believe how much i connet looking for updates xD) i have a couple of questions to ask.

a) Do you have plans on selling packs with the DD1? Something like DD1 + some Wheel + pedals (for example)
    b) Should we expect something good around the black friday?

Im plenty of time since my future sim-lab p1 Will arrive in the middle of December so... i´ll keep waiting for some news ;)

Keep working hard ^^
  • Hello Guys, any News about the auctions?
  • Hi,

It's been a while since the first announcement and I suppose you've got a lot of pre-orders already so I want to ask if DD1s with DD2 motors are still available on pre-order?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Cheers
    Przemek
  • Hi,

It's been a while since the first announcement and I suppose you've got a lot of pre-orders already so I want to ask if DD1s with DD2 motors are still available on pre-order?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Cheers
    Przemek
    They've said they will make an announcement when the DD1 gets a different motor.  We haven't heard any update on a motor replacement. I think it's safe to assume that the DD2 motor will be used for the foreseeable future.
  • Hi, can I have update on DD1 auctions in Europe?
  • Hi, can I have update on DD1 auctions in Europe?
    All they've said is that they will have an announcement soon.
  • DD1 or DD2, thats the question...