GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

Comments

• Yes Richard. I feel it too. We all have got a finger.
  • edited August 2018
    Let's wait and see whether Thomas or Dom will feel responsible to take care of this issue instead of ignoring it...
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited August 2018
    The last GT Sport update broke the Auto SEN for the CSL Elite unfortunately. You have to set the steering wheel angle manually for each car you want to drive :(

At this point I have no hope for a full compatibility :
    - rev lights
    - brake pedal rumble (ABS)
    - gas pedal rumble (traction loss)
    - steering wheel rumbles -> this one is really sad since PD seems to master this effect on the T-GT :(

Now I don't really know what to think about the future PS4 DD wheel. As Fanatec and PD were moving in the same direction for me it was a day one deal but now I'm not so sure. For the price of a DD wheel I want all my little rumble motors to work as expected...

I hope PD is aware of the SEN problem and I really hope they will correct the Auto SEN for the CSL Elite in the next update. If Thomas is around here perhaps he could forward this info to PD.
    I noticed this as well. The Auto SEN is definitely not correct. I set my wheel to 720 and it seemed to be working well in most cars, but yes the Auto SEN worked fine before the latest update. Would definitely be a good idea to tell PD to do more testing with CSL Elite. Even better if they got an English speaking community manager to directly reach out to users and post in forums as well. 

I will post in the Playstation forum where I have had PD developers respond and fix things in the past for the Auto SENS issue.
  • I noticed this as well. The Auto SEN is definitely not correct. I set my wheel to 720 and it seemed to be working well in most cars, but yes the Auto SEN worked fine before the latest update. Would definitely be a good idea to tell PD to do more testing with CSL Elite. Even better if they got an English speaking community manager to directly reach out to users and post in forums as well. 

I will post in the Playstation forum where I have had PD developers respond and fix things in the past for the Auto SENS issue.
    Thanks for doing this ;)
  • Tomorrow we can expect Update 1.25. But according to the release notes nothing will be changed in terms of enhanced Fanatec support. So bad...

I did it as well here at gtplanet.
  • Update after update and still no change. Its a sad day when companies take your money and forget about ya! I feel we have been lied to for months now. Just wish someone would be honest for once. Always tried to support Fanatec and Sony but they are making it very hard to stay optimistic. We may never get full support and it seems the higher ups in both companies could care less.
  • Can you confirm that the 1.25 update did not correct the Auto SEN bug introduced in the 1.23 update ?
  • Confirmed that PD does nt give a s... about Fanatec CSL Elite...

• Confirmed that PD does nt give a s... about Fanatec CSL Elite...

:) LOL :)

• What settings do you guys use for GT Sport. I mean on the wheel and in game. I checked out SimRacingGirls video on Fanatec FB, she basicly uses all standard CSL settings except for drift -2. In game she uses 0, 5, 5. 

Can you please share which settings you guys use?
  • edited September 2018
    What settings do you guys use for GT Sport. I mean on the wheel and in game. I checked out SimRacingGirls video on Fanatec FB, she basicly uses all standard CSL settings except for drift -2. In game she uses 0, 5, 5. 

Can you please share which settings you guys use?
    This are the Settings that I advise using: (not a fixed setting but variable depending of car and track)

In Game:
    CSS: 0 to 3 (mostly 1.. and I think it wont have any impact on your driving... as it´s said that it only is important to users using the DS4..)
    FFB Torque:  2 to  4 (mostly 2 to 3) There is a wide spread information that any value above 4 will induce clipping to the CSL Elite...
    FFB Sens: 5 to 10  (mostly 6 to 8) You have to lower the value if you use purple mode...

Wheel:
    SENS: AUT or variable depending on car  and track  (I try a few laps before deciding and tuning) this was before 1.25 update.... as it looks that Aut is not working any more... you must use different values according to the car driven... Road cars: above 75... GT3, GT2, GT1 bellow 65...
    FF : 100
    SHO: 0 minimum... but sincerely may use it on 100 also... I´m not sure that it will make any difference...
    ABS: 50 (but I think that 0 or 100 will do the same...) - Will be different with Brake Sport Pedals V3 - Mine are the CSL Elite with Brake Mod
    DRI: -5 to 3 (4 and 5 may be used in special conditions)... >0 speeds up turning the wheel... sometimes.. to much.. (depends...)
    FOR: 40 to 80 (depends on the down force and grip of the car you´re using...)
    SPR: 10 minimum... but sincerely may use it on 100 also... I´m not sure that it will make any difference...
    DPR: 100
    BRF: 0 to 30 (I have the brake Mod and above 40 makes hard braking absolutely needed... With this mod, if BRF too high, full braking will not be achieved even using all your weight on the brake pedal...)
    FEI: 30 to 100 (mostly 30 to 50) I think you may raise it to 80 or 100 on Purple mode - I´m not yet sure if with blue mode I should drop it ot 0.. or 10... still testing this... since things have changed a bit with 1.23 version , new Tyre model.. and I´ve been out of GTS for some weeks...

I hope it helps!

• Thanks for sharing your settings.
  • Thank you very much indeed. Will test these settings tonight. 

• edited September 2018
    According to the release notes this should fix the Auto SEN issue. But I guess still no Rev lights and no throttle rumble.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-update-1-26-released-brings-fanatec-updates-bug-fixes
  • edited September 2018
    This week we can expect update 1.27. Maybe this time the patch notes will include some Fanatec related changes again.
  • This week we can expect update 1.27. Maybe this time the patch notes will include some Fanatec related changes again.

My money says "NOPE!" I have given up any and all hope of any updates. Anything now will just be a welcome surprise.

Keith.

• Looks like I was wrong. I just installed the new update and the REV lights are now working!

Keith.
  • Looks like I was wrong. I just installed the new update and the REV lights are now working!

Keith.
    This is part of the Update´s change Log:
    "6. Controller
     - Compatibility for the Fanatec® CSL Elite (for PS4) rev lights has been added;
     - The frequency and strength of the force feedback vibration when the steering is turned too far have been adjusted."

What about the "The frequency and strength of the force feedback vibration when the steering is turned too far ajustment/feeling?"

• What about the "The frequency and strength of the force feedback vibration when the steering is turned too far adjustment/feeling?"

That particular feeling is still there. At least with the settings/wheel sensitivity I am using at the moment. I'm using 55 right now. I'll try it on Auto and report back.

• What about the "The frequency and strength of the force feedback vibration when the steering is turned too far adjustment/feeling?"

That particular feeling is still there. At least with the settings/wheel sensitivity I am using at the moment. I'm using 55 right now. I'll try it on Auto and report back.
    55???? Are you driving a kart??? (I´m talking about GTS.. of course...) as even for GT1, GT2 or GT3 cars, I think that the minimum Sens you should use is around 60 to 64

• Keith WelchKeith Welch Member
    edited September 2018
    As I stated, that's what "I" am using. YOU can do what ever YOU want to. Kart or no kart.

Sometimes it is not what is said, but how it's said. You could have stated that trying a different setting would take the "feeling" away, but you didn't do that. You simply went straight to the sarcasm. But thanks for the advise nonetheless. It worked out great.

Keith.

• As I stated, that's what "I" am using. YOU can do what ever YOU want to. Kart or no kart.

Sometimes it is not what is said, but how it's said. You could have stated that trying a different setting would take the "feeling" away, but you didn't do that. You simply went straight to the sarcasm. But thanks for the advise nonetheless. It worked out great.

Keith.
    No sarcasm but pure and simple curiosity.. as regarding your so...  driven by wrong impulses answer...

Just playing your answer game...   I would say.. that you just went straight to a childish behavior!!!! :P (lots of sarcasm from my part now.. . yes!!!! )
  • Hi Great to see the revlights work with this update :-) The clutch also works now, but the shifter stil has a problem it does'nt like to be rushed. Please don't cry about the understeer effect, it's Just perfect, thums up. Undesidered is an effect of most frontwheeldrive cars and highly undesiderable. The vibartion is what makes this game playable and I wished projectcars 2 would copy this, so that one could get an idear of whats going on. Cheers
  • Really, Rev lights are working finally? That's great. How about the throttle pedal rumble motor?
  • Nice! Awesome to see they got the revlights working and adjusted the FFB vibration when understeering a bit.

Again I can't emphasize enough. This stuff just takes time. There are only so many people that work at a company like PD and Fanatec. Great to see them get updated and working! Thanks Thomas for continuing to push to get everything working as best as it can.
  • Really, Rev lights are working finally? That's great. How about the throttle pedal rumble motor?
      Thorsten...regarding the throttle pedal rumble motor (V3 Sport pedals), is there actually any game where this is used??? and what for???
      Thorsten...regarding the throttle pedal rumble motor (V3 Sport pedals), is there actually any game where this is used??? and what for???

It works for Nascar Heat 3. Only one so far for me.

• I thought the throttle pedal rumble motor should work in Project Cars 2 on PS4 as well. Anyone who can confrim that...?
  • Keith WelchKeith Welch Member
    edited October 2018
    Is anyone able to get excellent turn-in on corners while using the DRI setting in the "OFF" position?. I am able to fast and even turn-in, especially on setting 5, in the hairpins. But of course the oscillation comes back. I wish there was a way to maintain this steering feel without the oscillation.

Keith.