Showing the new Podium Steering Wheel System

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    This product will also be available via auctions or must we pre-order now?

The Podium Steering Wheel System shown at the Expo was a prototype, we are not talking about price or availability at the moment.
  • Disappointed if it's that the new F1 podium wheel... I was hoping more... I hope there is something else.
  • I was hoping on a nice round wheel like the Porsche one. Kinda had it with all these F1 style wheels and I already have the McLaren.
  • edited October 2018
    searching for delete button... ^_^
  • Please don’t tell me this is PS4 Podium Racing rim .... it’s just something like CS or elite series class rim
  • Thomas/Fanatec please keep in Mind that as our Sim Gear and Rigs become More complex that we Need Longer power cable options... Ex: For My RS1 and N1 Rig set up i had to Buy Wire Crimpers to Make Custom length Shifter and Pedal wires. please consider Making a Longer Power Wire for the DD wheel bases... If you can Not offer Longer power supply wires due to cost then please make them available for purchase through Fanatec because that would still be a cheaper option than having to buy custom tools to make them.... IMO i think 10 to 12ft would be Great.
  • Ivan HruškaIvan Hruška Member
    edited October 2018
    This is actually ClubSport formula rim but they just cut the bottom part off. I really hope this is not the actual Podium F1 wheel. It would be quite a disappointment.
    I would like to see something more "modern"... maybe with built-in screen like real F1 rims have today.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Thomas/Fanatec please keep in Mind that as our Sim Gear and Rigs become More complex that we Need Longer power cable options... Ex: For My RS1 and N1 Rig set up i had to Buy Wire Crimpers to Make Custom length Shifter and Pedal wires. please consider Making a Longer Power Wire for the DD wheel bases... If you can Not offer Longer power supply wires due to cost then please make them available for purchase through Fanatec because that would still be a cheaper option than having to buy custom tools to make them.... IMO i think 10 to 12ft would be Great.
    Agreed 100% good point Lorell.
  • Pre-ordered my DD1! :D
  • Considering everything else that is "Podium" related that we've seen, I'd be shocked if that re-hashed formula rim is part of the Podium line.
  • Considering everything else that is "Podium" related that we've seen, I'd be shocked if that re-hashed formula rim is part of the Podium line.

I Think it's the cls elite F1 rim, It was mentioned some time ago they were working on such a wheel.
  • Well this is about the saddest looking thing ive seen for us sim racers in a long time :(
    I could have just taken a hacksaw to my current formula rim and made this at home !
    Please don't be the official F1 rim ! Give us something like the Mclaren teams F1 rim used by FAlonso !!
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited October 2018
    Well this is about the saddest looking thing ive seen for us sim racers in a long time :(
    I could have just taken a hacksaw to my current formula rim and made this at home !
    Please don't be the official F1 rim ! Give us something like the Mclaren teams F1 rim used by FAlonso !!
    You made me laugh. :)
  • edited October 2018
    Pre -order of DD1 placed. 

^:)^  "PLEASE, VERY PRETTY PLEASE,INCREDIBLY VERY PRETTY PLEASE,TITANICAL VERY PRETTY PLEASE,HAS AS BIG AS THE UNIVERSE IS, VERY PRETTY PLEASE" ;)  let Keep that date (Dec. 07) release a sure promise. :)

• edited October 2018
    Thomas/Fanatec can we have a update on the progress of the Podium wheel... is everything running on schedule for the December release date??? The products being deleyed is Never IMO a Huge problem the problem comes when we are Not updated accordingly so we have our minds set on the planned release date and get slammed with a last minute delay... IMO this is what causes the issues... Can you provide some info on progress so we dont have our hopes, dreams and expectations of the December release date thrown out to the wind at the last moment.
  • Dominic Brennan,
    What the problem with your webshop all the last week ? Errors 524 and 520 crash any try to log in =(
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Thomas/Fanatec can we have a update on the progress of the Podium wheel... is everything running on schedule for the December release date??? The products being deleyed is Never IMO a Huge problem the problem comes when we are Not updated accordingly so we have our minds set on the planned release date and get slammed with a last minute delay... IMO this is what causes the issues... Can you provide some info on progress so we dont have our hopes, dreams and expectations of the December release date thrown out to the wind at the last moment.
    Hi Lorrell, we are still working hard to try to meet this date, I can't offer more information than that at the moment. I completely understand your concern, and your feedback has been noted.
    Dominic Brennan,
    What the problem with your webshop all the last week ? Errors 524 and 520 crash any try to log in =(
    Hi Dmitriy, we had a few hours of downtime over the past week, but it was mostly operating as normal.
  • edited October 2018
    This is actually ClubSport formula rim but they just cut the bottom part off. I really hope this is not the actual Podium F1 wheel. It would be quite a disappointment.
    I would like to see something more "modern"... maybe with built-in screen like real F1 rims have today.
    I don't think that this will be the "final" version of the new F1 rim. There is a little indication in the shadowed picture of the podium racing wheel (red circle on the attached pic). Looks like a rotary switch or something. So i think the F1 rim used on the F1 Esports event might use the same "base chassis" of the new rim, but the new rim will be packed with more features like rotary switches to set differential and brake bias for example, a bulit-in screen as a dashboard and such things. I think an official licensed rim from fanatec is a lot closer to the original rims, like the porsche ones. So because of that i am still excited to see how the new rim looks in the end. :-)

• brett morobrett moro Member
    edited October 2018
    Deleted
  • Hi Dominic Brennan/ Fanatec, is it possible to have the whole outer shell measurement of the DD1?, (High,Width,Lent) so i can start modified My RS1 rig base plate. 
    Thank you in advance...
  • Hi Dominic Brennan/ Fanatec, is it possible to have the whole outer shell measurement of the DD1?, (High,Width,Lent) so i can start modified My RS1 rig base plate. 
    Thank you in advance...
    There's a drilling template at Downloads section. It has all overall dimensions.
  • edited October 2018
    Hi Dominic Brennan/ Fanatec, is it possible to have the whole outer shell measurement of the DD1?, (High,Width,Lent) so i can start modified My RS1 rig base plate. 
    Thank you in advance...
    There's a drilling template at Downloads section. It has all overall dimensions.
    Thank you Dimitriy, I guess i don't pay to much attention  #-o   :D
  • edited October 2018
    Hi Dominic Brennan/ Fanatec, is it possible to have the whole outer shell measurement of the DD1?, (High,Width,Lent) so i can start modified My RS1 rig base plate. 
    Thank you in advance...
    You should Not have to Modify the RS1 base plate... I had a RS1 and Now use a N1 and the CSW v2.5 bolts right on using the 3 bottom wheel base holes the DD1/DD2 is said to have the same 3 hole pattern so it should just bolt on.... The DD1/DD2 seem to be Longer but that should Not be a problem.... Not atleast from My measurements.
  • edited October 2018
    Thank you in advance...
    You should Not have to Modify the RS1 base plate... I had a RS1 and Now use a N1 and the CSW v2.5 bolts right on using the 3 bottom wheel base holes the DD1/DD2 is said to have the same 3 hole pattern so it should just bolt on.... The DD1/DD2 seem to be Longer but that should Not be a problem.... Not atleast from My measurements.
    Thank you Lorrell Waddell for the Tip. :D
  • What’s the news on the DD1 auctions? I would have thought you’d have multiple locations going by now, seems like after the Australian test you’ve changed your mind and there isn’t going to be any more. The launch is supposed to be only 7 weeks away, I’m in the UK and would it would be great to have an update on what’s happening.
  • What’s the news on the DD1 auctions? I would have thought you’d have multiple locations going by now, seems like after the Australian test you’ve changed your mind and there isn’t going to be any more. The launch is supposed to be only 7 weeks away, I’m in the UK and would it would be great to have an update on what’s happening.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/podium-dd1-auction-details.381017/#post-12495443
  • C NC N Member
    They probably want to auction it through their own system on their own site, but since the site is getting delayed, so are the auctions...

Hope DD is not delayed - if you charge for something and give a release date, you should keep it.
  • Any news about a Podium Formula steering Wheel? Hope to see a high quality Wheel branded Mercedes or McLaren or the marvellous 919H LMP1 Wheel is a dream for me… Maybe my dreams will come true