Showing the new Podium Steering Wheel System

Comments

• will the PS4 Podium Racing Wheel be available for purchase in December?
    i hope so or i cant use my dd1

The DD1 will never work with the PS4.  You need the Podium Racing Wheel bundle.

The DD1 will never work with the PS4.  You need the Podium Racing Wheel bundle.
    im not gone use it on ps4 only pc
  • Ladies and Gentlemen

here are some news for you.

The testing goes well so far. Next batch will be produced next week but we will not release any products until all tests are succesfully finished.

This next batch will include a significant design change in the motor which should make the motor run much more stable under high load and temperature which means that this will have a big (positive) impact on durability and stability. As this is a heavy change we want to run all tests again so this takes some time but we are still aiming to start shipping in December.

But this happens only if there is no problem which cannot be fixed by a firmware update so we are positive but we still need to wait a bit to be 100% sure. 

In any case, it looks like we are very close and the final product will be significantly better than what has been shown so far.

We also got product approval from Sony for the Podium Racing Wheel which makes it the first official Direct Drive for consoles! All infos and pricing on this product will be revealed early December. 
    Thanks for the update! Really appreciated :)

Question about the ps4: So DD1 or DD2 will be compatible with Ps4, xbox and PC?. Or the electronics has some differences?

• Ladies and Gentlemen

The testing goes well so far. Next batch will be produced next week but we will not release any products until all tests are succesfully finished.

This next batch will include a significant design change in the motor which should make the motor run much more stable under high load and temperature which means that this will have a big (positive) impact on durability and stability. As this is a heavy change we want to run all tests again so this takes some time but we are still aiming to start shipping in December.

But this happens only if there is no problem which cannot be fixed by a firmware update so we are positive but we still need to wait a bit to be 100% sure. 

In any case, it looks like we are very close and the final product will be significantly better than what has been shown so far.

We also got product approval from Sony for the Podium Racing Wheel which makes it the first official Direct Drive for consoles! All infos and pricing on this product will be revealed early December. 

Question about the ps4: So DD1 or DD2 will be compatible with Ps4, xbox and PC?. Or the electronics has some differences?

Both the DD1 and DD2 are NOT PS4 compatible! The only PS4 compatible DD is the Podium Racing Wheel which is a bundle of a special DD1 with integrated Sony Security Chip and a new formula type steering wheel.
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited November 2018
    Podium Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

Podium Wheel Base DD1-this product is not compatible to any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility

Podium Wheel Base DD2-this product is not compatible to any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility

• Ladies and Gentlemen

Both the DD1 and DD2 are NOT PS4 compatible! The only PS4 compatible DD is the Podium Racing Wheel which is a bundle of a special DD1 with integrated Sony Security Chip and a new formula type steering wheel.
    Thank you Maurice , crystal clear!
  • Sorry guys that's what I meant, podium base/wheel for the PS4, not DD1 or DD2.

I've been waiting for black Friday to pick up a CSL elite base for the PS4, but if the Podium comes out in December then I would prefer to go for that. But then if I wait and it doesn't come out i've missed the black Friday deals (potentially), ahhh what to do lol!
  • Sorry guys that's what I meant, podium base/wheel for the PS4, not DD1 or DD2.

I've been waiting for black Friday to pick up a CSL elite base for the PS4, but if the Podium comes out in December then I would prefer to go for that. But then if I wait and it doesn't come out i've missed the black Friday deals (potentially), ahhh what to do lol!
    They said the Pricing and specs come out in December, not the end on Nov, so it after Black Friday sales.....

They said the Pricing and specs come out in December, not the end on Nov, so it after Black Friday sales.....

Yea I know, what mean is if the Podium doesn't come out until next year then I missed the opportunity of a potential black Friday deal on the CSL elite base and other bits I want to purchase. I'm not very good when it comes to waiting for things lol.

Pricing and info doesn't mean its going to be ready for purchase in December, all I want to know is when I can purchase this bad boy.

• Ladies and Gentlemen

Thank you very much Mr. Thomas ( The Official SimRacing CEO ) :D
    can't wait... i want to make a video with you dressed as Santa claus with my Podium dd2 package in your hands!...... please ... December :).

• Hey Thomas, can we get a wheel like this?
    R8.jpg 838.4K
  • Nearly 2 weeks until Black Friday. When are the deals going to be announced?
  • Are DD1 pre-orders actually going to be delivered in December 2018 or should I request a refund?  Serious question.
  • Are DD1 pre-orders actually going to be delivered in December 2018 or should I request a refund?  Serious question.
    If you're 100% for december, then yeah I'd bail.  It sounds like timeline is in flux with testing results pending. 
  • Hey Thomas, can we get a wheel like this?
    But better, in the Fanatec Fashion!
  • Ladies and Gentlemen

Hello Thomas,

thanks for the information. As a pre-orderer, I'm naturally interested in understanding how the next batch will include a significant design change to the engine. Will all pre-ordered Podium Racing Wheels receive the "big (positive) impact", or will some of the early buyers have to live without these benefits?

Thank you and Greetings
    Frank
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Ladies and Gentlemen

Hello Thomas,

thanks for the information. As a pre-orderer, I'm naturally interested in understanding how the next batch will include a significant design change to the engine. Will all pre-ordered Podium Racing Wheels receive the "big (positive) impact", or will some of the early buyers have to live without these benefits?

Thank you and Greetings
    Frank
    Hi Frank,

Thomas is referring to test batches, all of the final production units (and therefore all pre-orders) will have this improvement.
  • edited November 2018
    That's fine, thank you. :-)
  • Thanks for the clarification Dominic. The “batch” thing had me confused as well. I hope to use this base for many years to come, take the time to get it right!
  • So from what i've read and understand is that there was a slight modification for a test batch and that all pre orders and ready2go shipments will have the new and improved version after testing is complete. What is absolutely awesome offcourse, I, myself, want the very best there is to get but want to get more detailed information about the DD1/DD2 development and status.

To translate this: That means that there is no production started yet, and not even plannend so to say. I have my greatest doubt about the original delivery date of 7 december, that would be near impossible to reach if you consider all factors mentionend above.

I really hope that Fanatec comes with a clarification and confirmation that delivery will continue for all pre orders in december. I still believe that the DD1 can be one of the best solutions out there in the market .
  • Thomas litetally said they still aim to ship in Dec, but no guarantee, if that changes they'll tell us.
  • @Thomas: what is the size of the Porsche 911 rim? And will the new Porsche button plate fit into a 300mm rim? Already thinking of mixing and matching some items :-D

Many thanks in advance!
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    We will be detailing Podium Racing Wheel information soon.

@Thomas: what is the size of the Porsche 911 rim? And will the new Porsche button plate fit into a 300mm rim? Already thinking of mixing and matching some items :-D

Many thanks in advance!
    The upcoming Porsche rim is a 1:1 replica of the real thing, so it has a 320mm diameter. The Podium Button Plate is ideal for this rim, as well as the new 'R300' (300mm) rim we have also shown recently. We can't guarantee compatibility with rims from other manufacturers, but we will offer a downloadable template for the button plate that you can use to check.
  • The upcoming Porsche rim is a 1:1 replica of the real thing, so it has a 320mm diameter. The Podium Button Plate is ideal for this rim, as well as the new 'R300' (300mm) rim we have also shown recently. We can't guarantee compatibility with rims from other manufacturers, but we will offer a downloadable template for the button plate that you can use to check.
    Thanks Dominic for the details!

Will it be available for pre-order on black friday? Only one can wish :-D
  • Hi
    Does DD1 have power button ? I didn't see it on pictures and didn't find information in the description.
  • Hi
    Does DD1 have power button ? I didn't see it on pictures and didn't find information in the description.
    It's on the back.
  • tic tac tic tac. I hope DD1 will arrive soon ^^
  • Delivery of DD1 and DD2 is due next week for all of us that have preordered. Any update Fanatec?