Black Friday 2018

Comments

• Dominik MeierDominik Meier Member
    edited November 2018
    I would like to know if offer number 5 is the same rim which will be part of the Podium Racing Wheel for PS4? Wouldn’t like to pay double for the same rim;)
    I would like to know too.
  • Hi to all here. Im a new Customer at Fanatec but i have a look at Fanatec since the last 2 Years and play Games / Racegames since the Commodore 64 and Test Drive 1 :) Certainly Fanatec have great products, so the wish in me to have a wheel from you guys g was getting bigger and bigger over the last months. So i saved a little money for the Black friday. I was ready to buy only a Part ( but Something from the Clubsport Line) at BF and the rest over the next 2-3 months If there is no interesting Complete package. Hoped for the V3 pedals or the V 2.5 or after nice Clubsport rim. So i was really excited. And then i saw your BF deals and i only was really disapointed. I only thought to my self what the hell should i do with these offers???!!!. The F1 rims are for the Most simracer uninteresting because they Play many different games and the rest only the CSL stuff. I was really sad about that. Because its Not for everybody easy to pay the price for your products ( of course they are worth IT). But i really wanted to buy some Clubsport stuff ( Not a F1 rim ). So i thought about what to do now. And because i Want to Play now with your products and wanted to get a little discount also i was forced to order the Xbox competition Pack yesterday. In that way i have the most important Clubsport Part the V 2.5. The pedals and the rim i can Change the next months. I know you guys dont owe us anything. But from the vop of new Customers like me, it would be really nice If you would offer a Part from all your product lines. And now i wait total excited for my orderd Competition Pack , to get back on track :blush:
  • I’d also like to know if fanatec know how long it’s going to take to game producers to release patches to make the PS4 podium compatible with their games?

Don‘t know what the producers should patch, I had the opportunity to test the podium wheel at the community event. Works in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and Gran Turismo like a charm. Feels amazing, really looking forward to place a pre order...
  • Chris ByromChris Byrom Member
    edited November 2018
    I’d also like to know if fanatec know how long it’s going to take to game producers to release patches to make the PS4 podium compatible with their games?

Don‘t know what the producers should patch, I had the opportunity to test the podium wheel at the community event. Works in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and Gran Turismo like a charm. Feels amazing, really looking forward to place a pre order...
    Only reason I ask as it it took GT Sport a while before the csl elite base worked properly (not in g29 mode). After not much to go for during Black Friday for me personally I’m gonna hold out to see when the release date for the PS4 DD is, last thing I want is to spend all that money for it not be fully functional. Positive to hear you say that it works well already at the community event you tested it at
  • Timothy HearnTimothy Hearn Member
    edited November 2018
    Its possible I could hit option 5 whilst there is a discount, however I cannot see any detail on the gt3 grip, Edit: overmoulded rubber detail found.

I would not like it to arrive and find the grip is plastic with a horible seam like the stock csr rims ? I may also drop a preorder on a DD1 whilst they have the DD2 motor at the same time, I am very happy with my CSW v2.0 which I do not run anywhere near peak forces so how much of an upgrade is it over that and are the DD bases as easy to service as CSW bases ?
  • edited November 2018
    I’d also like to know if fanatec know how long it’s going to take to game producers to release patches to make the PS4 podium compatible with their games?

Interesting, will PRW be compatible with coming PS5 or it's more advantageous to take DD1 with drivehub today.. ;-)
  • I need a full overhaul of my sim kit(only the GT OmegaRacing cockpit will survive),a Logitech G27 just doesn't cut it anymore(absolutely hate the notchy FFB)
    Alas,these BF deals i waited for don't suit my needs as i'm looking to upgrade to high end hardware.
    I'm only interested in a direct drive wheelbase and 'took part' in Thursdays auction for the DD1(Not the best 7 hours of my life I've spent,haha).

After the auction fully prepared to stump up the 999 euros from the Fanatec store because i'm under no illusion that the DD1 would be in the BF sales but i was hoping hoping for at least ClubSport V3 pedals and/or a good wheel/hub in the sale and now i am unsure what to do?

To get everything i want without any sales discount is gonna cost me me close to 2000 euros.

:-O 

I've looked in other direct drive units such as the Accuforce 2 but i really had my mind set on Fanatec due to there wide range of products(the McLaren GT3 wheel is very tempting)and their solid reputation sim gear.

Maybe i'll pre-order the DD1 and try ebay for the wheel and pedals but not maybe not in that order ;)

Anyway,sorry if it sounds like i'm moaning,keep up the good work Fanatec
  • Will the CSL Elite Wheel Base be strong enough to drive the wheel from offer 5? I'm wondering if there's gonna be some weight added to it that would make it harder for the base to turn it.
  • Not bad  Offer 5 for me. Podium series seems good one ! I think I'm gonna be Fanatec family soon!  B-) =D> 
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Will the CSL Elite Wheel Base be strong enough to drive the wheel from offer 5? I'm wondering if there's gonna be some weight added to it that would make it harder for the base to turn it.
    The CSL Elite Wheel Bases are certainly strong enough for the new wheel.
  • I’d also like to know if fanatec know how long it’s going to take to game producers to release patches to make the PS4 podium compatible with their games?

So you used a podium base to play Gran Turismo? Was it the DD1, DD2 or specific one for PS4? Looking at the product codes the one for the PS4 shows DD1 in the product code title so is it using a DD1 base?
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited November 2018
    It was the specific one for PS4. As I understood it has the same Motor as the DD1 but the board is different due to PS4 compatibility. (If a security chip is needed or it is just software to work with PS4 does not matter, because you need the Sony license to use it). If you really need any DD wheel to play GT I can’t answer as I’m not playing it because of the much better alternatives AC and PC2. The FFB the feel of the weight of the car is so much better there. But that is kind of personal opinion I guess ;-)
  • I'm very much interested in offer 3 or perhaps 5 (depending on the price) but need to know first if any of them is compatible with Xbox One. Perhaps it's an idea to mention this in the offers. For some it is obvious but for others it isn't, at least not for me.
  • Hallo Thomas und Team,

vielen Dank für die Angebote :x, ich find´s klasse und verstehe überhaupt nicht, wie man sich, obwohl freiwillig von Euch angeboten, teilweise so aufregen kann. Egal ob nun 10 oder 100 Euro günstiger, es ist ein Preisnachlass, dafür sollte man sich bedanken und nicht beschweren, aber gut, ist ein anderes Thema.

Zu Angebot 4, was für mich definitiv in Frage kommt, habe ich eine Frage bitte, ist der Hub mit dem GT Kranz nicht etwas zu schwer für den Motor der CSL Elite WheelBase, was das FFB angeht? Auch habe ich ein wenig Probleme mit den 33cm Durchmesser des GT Lenkradkranzes, aber gut, die Möglichkeit, da auch einen gänzlich anderen Kranz in 50/70 Lochkreis draufzusetzen macht diese Bedenken schon wieder überflüssig, denke ich. Ich habe eben ein wenig Bedenken, dass 33cm im Gegensatz zu 30cm des PS4 Wheels zu groß werden könnten, wenn ich sie direkt vor mir habe/lenke.

Ich bin etwas skeptisch eben ob des Gewichtes und ob die Kombi Hub/GT Kranz besser ist, als das im Set angebotene PS4 Wheel der CSL Elite PS4 Base. Der Hub ist ja nun schon etwas älter, das PS4 Wheel die neuere Entwicklung. Hm.

Meine letzte Frage bezieht sich auf die Order. Muss ich am (ab) Freitag dann jede einzelne Komponente in den Warenkorb legen, oder gibt es da einen "Angebotsbutton" oder so etwas Ähnliches? Wenn ich jetzt noch den SQ Shifter dazu bestellen mag, wie sähe dies dann im Warenkorb aus?

Danke für Eure Antworten und nochmals ein dickes DANKE, ich find´s toll!

LG
    :x
  • It was the specific one for PS4. As I understood it has the same Motor as the DD1 but the board is different due to PS4 compatibility. (If a security chip is needed or it is just software to work with PS4 does not matter, because you need the Sony license to use it). If you really need any DD wheel to play GT I can’t answer as I’m not playing it because of the much better alternatives AC and PC2. The FFB the feel of the weight of the car is so much better there. But that is kind of personal opinion I guess ;-)
    Thanks for clearing that up  :) I am looking at getting more involved with PC2 and AC but the majority of the leagues i participate in at the moment are on GT. I want something thats going to work well on all 3, my current wheel isn't bad but pedals aren't great. So upgrading everything, think i'm going to wait for the PS4 DD, its nice to have the latest stuff. 
  • To take advantage of offer 1 it's possible to buy the wheel separately of the pack CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ EU ??
  • To take advantage of offer 1 it's possible to buy the wheel separately of the pack CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ EU ??
    No, but the base will work with the PS4 with any rim, so you can get the CSL elite P1, which is basically the same and will allow the base to work the xbox as well. Not a bad way to go as you end up with a PC/Xbox1/ps4 wheel that way.

OTOH that does bring it to price parity with the PS4 bundle and you won't have PS4 button caps, although I think if you contact customer service they can get you replacement parts for the caps. In my experience customer support has been excellent to deal with.

Bottom line is if you wanted an entry level base with some different wheels, this is an excellent offer.  If you just want a PS4 bundle, you're better off with their bundle they already have.
  • edited November 2018
    Market setup options:

Enthusiast:

1. V2.5 base + bmw gt2 + CSL pedals LC + shipping cost 1150€

2. TS-PC + Ferrari 488 premium Wheel 32cm BF deal + CSL PEDALS LC 699€.

Entry level:

1. CSL Elite + csl elite p1 wheel + CSL pedals + shipping cost 650€

2. T300 alcantara edition + t3papro with mod 285€ (BF DEAL)

I love fanatec products, but you are above the Price. The premium line of TM is cheaper than your entry level… 

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Are you sure that this comparison really makes sense?
  • Market setup options:

Enthusiast:

1. V2.5 base + bmw gt2 + CSL pedals LC + shipping cost 1150€

2. TS-PC + Ferrari 488 premium Wheel 32cm BF deal + CSL PEDALS LC 699€.

Entry level:

1. CSL Elite + csl elite p1 wheel + CSL pedals + shipping cost 650€

2. T300 alcantara edition + t3papro with mod 285€ (BF DEAL)

I love fanatec products, but you are above the Price. The premium line of TM is cheaper than your entry level… 

CSL Elite is better than TS-PC. ;)
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited November 2018
    Are you sure that this comparison really makes sense?
    Agreed!!

TS-PC is more of a CSL Elite+ competitor.  T300 doesn't really compete with the Fanatec Line, the TS-PC square up spec wise against the CSL Elite+, and the CSW v2.5 is beyond anything Thrustmaster can offer. When you compare the CSL elite+ against the TS-PC, you can see that the Fanatec base is actually the better value and the better performer. It's win-win really.

Now if you want to make an argument that Fanatec should enter the $300 for a complete kit market, that's a different story. 
  • Hi all. Looking to purchase my first Fanatec products as I assemble my first real racing rig at home, utilising the next level Gt ultimate v2 as my platform. I will be playing on Xbox One X and potentially PC, but the PC will come much later on. I’ve spent ages researching and have decided on Fanatec over TM for numerous reasons. I was originally looking to purchase a club sport v2.5 bundle, but am worried that there will be too much flex on the mounting platform due to increased weight and torque and simply it is too much for what I need right now, so am edging towards the CSL Elite PS4 compatible base, so potentially package 4 or similar could be of interest. I will 100% need the LC pack and the shifter. Again I think V3 pedals will be too much for my needs. Any advice? Will be purchasing ASAP. Thanks
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi all. Looking to purchase my first Fanatec products as I assemble my first real racing rig at home, utilising the next level Gt ultimate v2 as my platform. I will be playing on Xbox One X and potentially PC, but the PC will come much later on. I’ve spent ages researching and have decided on Fanatec over TM for numerous reasons. I was originally looking to purchase a club sport v2.5 bundle, but am worried that there will be too much flex on the mounting platform due to increased weight and torque and simply it is too much for what I need right now, so am edging towards the CSL Elite PS4 compatible base, so potentially package 4 or similar could be of interest. I will 100% need the LC pack and the shifter. Again I think V3 pedals will be too much for my needs. Any advice? Will be purchasing ASAP. Thanks
    Sounds like you have it sorted out.  The V3s are nice, but I'm not sure they add much performance over the CSL+LC. The CSW v2.5 certainly is a little heavier given it's metal construction, but you can always turn the power down if it's too much.  That said the CSL elite+ has only gotten rave reviews, so you really can't go wrong.

The one thing to watchout for is that the xbox compatibility needs an wheel with an xbox button. So your choices of wheels will be limited.
  • I have had a V2 base for two years, one T300 for 4 months and last week i could try a TS-PC. I would like to know if the people who write their opinion here have also tested them like me.

I love the Fanatec products, and i prefer the v2.5 over the t300, even over the Ts-PC (but only by the quick release and the fanatec Wheel offer). The force feedback, i prefer the TM, no doubt. The problem is the overprice on the fanatec products (entry level and medium range). However, I also have to say, to be fair, that in the direct drive range, the Fanatec offer seems the best. I think that the most demanding users will take the leap to Fanatec DD.

• Dear Thomas aka BIG BOSS 

Please can you add either or all of the following products on your Black Friday sale

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
    CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR EU
    ClubSport Pedals V3

Regards 

MB. I want to SIM race using a wheel instead of my controller. 
  • I'm very interrested with the offer 5 but what do you mean about Podium upgrade ? 

Thank you for your proposal but this is too late for 2018.
  • If you had a Combo 4 that was Club Sport I would be so all over it.

I have been waiting for 6 months hoping for some Club Sport items to go on sale, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
    If you had a Combo 4 that was Club Sport I would be so all over it.

I have been waiting for 6 months hoping for some Club Sport items to go on sale, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
    There will be two new ClubSport steering wheels on sale. Offer 3 and 5.
    I'm very interrested with the offer 5 but what do you mean about Podium upgrade ? 

You will see in the Video of the product on Friday.