Showing the new Podium Steering Wheel System

1235»

Comments

• edited November 2018
    I like to think and post positive so i will say No News is Good News that everything is going according to schedule...But its Make it or Break it time!!! Public opinion is on the line... this is the time when We all thank Fanatec for letting us know in Advance that the wheels will be delayed or they wait until the last moment to slam us with the News about delays and the Bad public/ poor communication talk comes back again raging outta control.... Hint Hint i trust Thomas/ Dominic/ Fanatec that they will Not drop the Ball...again ---> Information Good or Bad is the essential part of Customer Support and Understanding. .....

:-B Edit: Just in case the wheels will or may be a delayed... Hint Hint ...I'm pretty sure a Free Podium Magnetic shifter set as Compensation for any Frustrations that the delay caused will Smooth things over with Most... I know it would make it Ok with Me :D
  • The DD1 will never work with the PS4.  You need the Podium Racing Wheel bundle.
    So the PS4 DD Version will be the same DD1 or DD2 but with a certain Chip for Sony compat, right ?
    If i bought this base/bundle  and slaped an xbox hub/cslgt3/cslp1 on it it would work on xbox aswell right ?

if thats so it would be perfect to be able to buy that base without a wheel if one wants max compat and optional ps4 support later no ?
  • The DD1 will never work with the PS4.  You need the Podium Racing Wheel bundle.
    So the PS4 DD Version will be the same DD1 or DD2 but with a certain Chip for Sony compat, right ?
    If i bought this base/bundle  and slaped an xbox hub/cslgt3/cslp1 on it it would work on xbox aswell right ?

if thats so it would be perfect to be able to buy that base without a wheel if one wants max compat and optional ps4 support later no ?
    Sounds like there will be no DD2 PS4 version.
    Yes xbox wheels will make any of them xbox compatible.

I would guess we may see a PS4 base only in the future, but I'd expect the initial rollout to be similar to the CSL elite where the bundle came first, then the base only became available maybe a year later.

• When Thomas said they were still aiming to ship in December, I kinda assumed a delay was likely. I assume by now you guys know if you're missing your delivery date. It would be nice to get some sort of update soon, to help temper the disappointment of those who expect shipment on December 7. Perhaps you should take a clue from MassDrop and go with "estimated ship date". In the US store the DD2 still shows availability of December 7, even if you make this date to start shipping I sincerely doubt someone ordering today would get one shipped that soon, would they? Not to sound angry, I understand developing products like this is a complicated process where delays are often necessary to deliver the best product possible. For many of us, our preorders represents a substantial investment and it would be nice to receive another update so we have a better idea what to expect. Thanks in advance.
  • if they get for example 1000 units by container by beginning december, why wouldnt one that orders today get it aswell if only 900 had been sold sofar.
  • I would love to be wrong in my skepticism. ;)
  • Well, to be honest I think that they are going to deliver the podium at 7th Dec, next week. No words or news is a always a good sign
    ;)
  • edited November 2018
    Well, to be honest I think that they are going to deliver the podium at 7th Dec, next week. No words or news is a always a good sign
    ;)
    Totally agree [-O<
  • I'm still hoping for a Christmas Miracle that the ship date holds true...
  • I'm still hoping for a Christmas Miracle that the ship date holds true...
    We'll know in within a day.  Even if they don't make this week I hope it's soon.
  • Thomas promised us an update on the 4th [TODAY] to whether these will ship or not. So, ANY UPDATES ON THAT?
  • edited December 2018

Thomas promised us an update on the 4th [TODAY] to whether these will ship or not. So, ANY UPDATES ON THAT?
    this is only ( my personal opinion ) but i think a delay is confirmed.

ON the podium product page , manuals and drivers are not available yet.

This is annoying yes, but, good product have to pass deeply testing expecially when a manufacturer include ( 5 years of warranty ).

My hope was to try this beast ( dd2 ) on xmas vacation but.. i think they ship the units half January/ first week of February.

( again, this is only my personal opinion ).

this is the first time i hope to be extremely wrong. :d hahaha...
    ( sorry for my unacceptable english. i know :)

Update:

i see now that the "new modification" to the motor was annunced 1 month ago...
    last hope :D... 
  • Thats it, delayd til April
  • Sehr geehrter Kunde,

zunächst möchte ich mich bei Ihnen bedanken, dass Sie unsere neue Podium Wheel Base vorbestellt haben. Ich kann mir vorstellen, wie sehr Sie sich darauf freuen. Wir haben ununterbrochen daran gearbeitet, die langfristige Zuverlässigkeit zu optimieren und zu verbessern, und haben während der Entwicklungsphase viele Änderungen vorgenommen. Bis vor Kurzem standen die Chancen sehr gut, dass wir unseren voraussichtlichen Liefertermin Anfang Dezember einhalten können. Bei den letzten Tests haben wir jedoch ein schwerwiegendes Problem entdeckt, welches etwa 0,7% der bisher produzierten Einheiten betrifft.

Wir haben unzählige Gespräche darüber geführt, ob dies wirklich eine Verzögerung rechtfertigt, aber ich habe die schmerzhafte Entscheidung getroffen, die Auslieferung zu stoppen, bis wir den Fehler behoben haben. Dieses Produkt muss einwandfrei sein! Im Elektronik Design besteht immer die Möglichkeit, dass etwas übersehen wird, nachdem uns jedoch bereits jetzt ein Problem bekannt ist, können wir das Produkt nicht versenden. Nicht unser Flaggschiff.

Dieses Problem erfordert eine gründliche Analyse um festzustellen, ob die Elektronik überarbeitet werden kann, oder eine Neuentwicklung der Bauteile notwendig ist. Aus diesem Grund müssen wir den Versandtermin leider auf Ende April anpassen Sollten wir früher mit dem Versand beginnen können, werden wir dies selbstverständlich tun.

Ich bin mir sicher, Sie sind genauso enttäuscht wie wir aber wir möchten, dass Sie mit der Qualität unserer Produkte uneingeschränkt glücklich sind und dass Sie bei uns bleiben. Natürlich können Sie Ihre Bestellung jetzt stornieren, aber wenn Sie bereit sind zu warten, bieten wir Ihnen ein besonderes Geschenk als Geste unserer Wertschätzung an.

Alle Kunden, die unsere Podium Wheel Base DD1 oder DD2 vorbestellt haben erhalten ein kostenloses Lenkrad. Dies wird das neue ClubSport Lenkrad F1 2019 sein, welches im Mai nächsten Jahres erscheinen soll. Es ist der gerade veröffentlichten F1 2018 Version sehr ähnlich, kommt jedoch in einem besonderen und aufregenden neuen Farbschema als Limited Edition, mit einem Wert von 349,95 €!

Wir versichern Ihnen, das Warten auf die PODIUM Wheel Bases ist es wert.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Geduld und Ihr Verständnis.

Alles Gute,

Thomas

• Good I didnt sell my V2 Base :-)
    Ok for me if the product isnt flawless its not worth it