The new CLASSIC Wheel Rim for your ClubSport Wheel

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited May 2014 in Blog
We proudly present the NEW RIM for your ClubSport Wheel.

The CLASSIC rim features fine brown leather and polished aluminum and is the most stylish way to steer any classic car. No buttons disturb the nostalgic look so it is a perfect addition to your ClubSport Shifter. Of course it also features a metal quick release system like the other wheel rims.

The diameter is 35 cm and it looks and feels just like a real steering wheel. The metal hub cover made of polished aluminum gives a nice and elegant touch to it.

It sells for 349,95 USD (excl. tax) or 349,95 Euro (incl. VAT) and will be available for sale this summer.

We put a lot of effort into it and I hope you like it. What do you think?

Comments

• What a beautiful rim! Well done.
  • 35 cm !??? :( I was hoping for an oldschool F1 rim.
  • Looks like a call back to the old Act Lab Force RS wheel!
  • Do not like it at all. Would prefer classic Ferrari F40 rim or 2014 F1 rim from Mercedes or Redbull with big LED display on the center.
    And way too expensive for my taste...350€ just for this rim?? Just metal and leather.

Really do not understand this politics from you, Thomas.

• Great looking rim. Well done!

Mike
  • Whoa! $349! Waaaay too much! No go.
  • edited May 2014
    I was hoping fore a lighter GT rim or even a DTM style rim. This does not make me happy. It looks nice though, be it "a bit" overpriced.
  • Why it's 100 euros more than the BMW rim :s
    No buttons, no official branding/licensing so like many others, I'm struggling to understand the high price.
    I'd prefer a DTM style rim personally but guess I'll stick with my BMW and Formula rims for now
  • Looks great, seems a little expensive. Please make a hub only package that we can put or own wheels on.
  • Please explain why it cost almost as yours BMW and F1 rims together?
  • I get it! This is just a joke people, Fanatec is preparing to release proper F1 wheel :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Wow, fail.  I can almost buy 2 GT3RS wheels for the price of this...  I hope you did your market research and this sells for you.  I think the 'lot of effort' was put in the wrong product.
  • Really disappointed with the price. Just makes no sense asking that much for such a simple wheel. 100% wont be purchasing this one.
  • Its not to everyone's taste but a nice alternative wheel type
  • one for xbox and ps4 anything??
  • Does it come with blinker and headlight switches or will that be optional?
  • I was impatient with the release of the new product and was sure I would buy it, but € 350 for a wheel with less parts and components... no way.
    Put this wheel at affordable price and you will sell as many as CSW bases you sold.
    For that price I buy another F1 wheel, I dismount and use the quick release and electronics to mount any wheel I want and your business are over.
    I hope the marketing department think about it.
  • Historics are my favorites, but I won't buy this. I just don't understand the pricetag at all.
    Less for more? I would give 200€ for something like this. It's not like it's a piece of art...

What we need is just a univerval hub, so we can bolt on the wheel we really want. A real big retro wheel with thin wooden rim. Or a Nascar wheel, karting, whatever. Let us choose, and make us a hub/adapter with quickrelease. It'll sell like mad! (If you won't charge 200€ for it that is...)
  • Frans BrinkFrans Brink Member
    edited May 2014
    Historics are my favorites, but I won't buy this. I just don't understand the pricetag at all.
    Less for more? I would give 200€ for something like this. It's not like it's a piece of art...

What we need is just a univerval hub, so we can bolt on the wheel we really want. A real big retro wheel with thin wooden rim. Or a Nascar wheel, karting, whatever. Let us choose, and make us a hub/adapter with quickrelease. It'll sell like mad! (If you won't charge 200€ for it that is...)
    I would also like to see a QR hub sold separately, but I guess all hell would break lose, when all these DIY projects fails. BTW. When I asked for an oldschool F1 rim I meant something like Graham Hills Lotus 49 1968 version, wich also could apply to most Formula One 60-70-80 ties.
    l49.jpg 164.4K
  • Nice looking wheel.

Shocking price that can only alienate your fan base from your products.

Good luck shifting the wheels at that price, you'll need it..
  • ...at the moment $350 is approx £210 GBP and 350 euros is approx £300 GBP

• Wow - that's incredible expensive...

IF and only if it's available with RED leather - this will be a cool homage to the Lotus 49 steering wheel. It's still not that cool at that price though... does thomas need more $$$ for that crack he's smoking? Sheesh!
  • I like the look. I'd prefer it a little large so I can use it on Euro Truck Simulator 2 as more realistic truck wheel. The price is too high though, so rather than get divorced, I'll just make do with the BMW Z4 GT3 and Formula Wheels.
  • This is obviously a joke as with no buttons how are you suppose to change the settings of the base or at least that's my opinion.
  • Like I mentioned to other fellow Simracers... I just feel insulted. It's ok to have diversity, but overprice a product like that?!?! With a little more I could buy another wheel base from other manufacturer... Come one!!
  • Kevin WattsKevin Watts Member
    edited May 2014
    Like I mentioned to other fellow Simracers... I just feel insulted. It's ok to have diversity, but overprice a product like that?!?! With a little more I could buy another wheel base from other manufacturer... Come one!!

• I would have rather seen a QR wheel plate where a 3rd party rim could be used. DSD has these for the G27-G25 and I think it's a great concept. I don't see myself buying this rim sorry I have always tried to be supportive but I just can't do it. A while back I did some research on Aftermarket Steering Wheels and all that is offered and while your rim does have some electronics you lose a lot of functionality and would basically need a button box as well to make up for it so then your easily over 500 dollars. For this price I would have expected a Wood wheel rim!
  • Like I mentioned to other fellow Simracers... I just feel insulted. It's ok to have diversity, but overprice a product like that?!?! With a little more I could buy another wheel base from other manufacturer... Come one!!

Insulted? Really? just because a company makes a product that you are not interested in and think its costs too much? there are many companies that make expensive products I'm not interested in but it doesn't make me feel insulted, I just don't buy them
  • Personally, I do not like this wheel and would never buy it.  

I just hope that there are more wheels coming shortly and Fanatec hasn't spent the last 2 years developing this thing.

Where's the Porsche rim shown in the CSS video?  I'm sure that would be received much better than this wheel, but it still can't be $400.  That's just nuts.