Announcing the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 and Podium Advanced Paddle Module

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
Now for some good news: I’m proud to reveal the full details of our Podium Racing Wheel F1® - Officially Licensed for PS4™! 

The first ever direct drive system for PS4 completes the lineup of our three Podium Series Direct Drive systems, and this is my favourite!

Officially licensed by Formula 1™, the Podium Racing Wheel F1® is based on our DD1 technology, bringing unprecedented performance to the Sony platform. It is quite simply the most realistic force feedback system ever on a console, working seamlessly with all PS4™ and PS4™ Pro systems. Compatibility is tested and certified. It is fully backwards compatible to all titles supporting the CSL Elite Racing Wheel.

A new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ is included, an F1®-style wheel with a huge number of features and controls, including 12-way multi-position switches, thumb encoders, rocker switches, RGB RevLEDs and FlagLEDs. It uses the same technology and materials of the F1 2018 steering wheel and will not be offered separately at this point.

And we’re including the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, which provides two magnetic shifters that generate a solid, positive feel to every shift and two additional magnetic paddles for functions like DRS. Dual analogue clutch paddles allow F1®-style launch control by pre-defining the clutch bite point. Automotive grade quality, with real carbon fibre paddle plates, and an aluminium cage. You have to feel it!

The P APM is available for pre-order from today for 179,95 Euro/ USD and will launch together with the Podium Racing Wheel at the end of April. You can even upgrade your existing Universal Hub for Xbox One with it.

The Podium Racing Wheel F1® is available to pre-order for 1499,95 USD / Euro from today. Please check out the webshop for all the details.

Favourite DD
  1. What is your favourite Podium DD140 votes
    1. DD1
      25.71%
    2. DD2
      25.71%
    3. Racing Wheel PS4
      48.57%

Comments

• Looks impressive
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited December 2018
    That’s a sweet bundle! I’ll stick with my DD2, gotta get have that module!
  • Glad this is being added to the lineup!  Will there eventually be other wheel options, or the base by itself?
  • Now I konw how looks my next wheels after CSL PS4:) I hope that will be compatible next generation Playstation.
  • Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
  • sylvain sabysylvain saby Member
    edited December 2018
    It looks really good in blue. But I'll very happy with the 2018 limited one and the DD2. It'll be hard to wait for another half year... 
    Hope you'll release soon information on the Porsche rim also.
    All in all, your products really are stepping up. Keep up the good work!

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
    The Racing wheel is basically the DD1 +
    • Blue Carbon fiber
    • CluSport Formula V2 steering wheel with P APM 
    • PS4 compatibility (saftey electronics)

• Wow! Releasing another DD product right after boning all the current pre-order customers? You really expect pre-orders to continue to roll in? Worst marketing ever..... 
    Wow! Releasing another DD product right after boning all the current pre-order customers? You really expect pre-orders to continue to roll in? Worst marketing ever..... 
    We are not expecting anything. We are just informing people what is coming up so they know and are able to plan. 

All DDs will be released at the same time and the development of this product does not cost extra effort or causes delays on the DD1 or DD2.
  • Wow! Releasing another DD product right after boning all the current pre-order customers? You really expect pre-orders to continue to roll in? Worst marketing ever..... 
    I am work also in software development. Direct customer support. I see every day many mistakes also safety functions. In my opinion safety and quality builds the brand. And it's the most important! Do you want to drive car with brake malfunction? I understand you frustruated but hurry is not a good adviser. This is huge motor direct connected witch you body your hand... If someone make decision I know that was good decision...:) be happy. It is Advent time ;)
  • Joey HuntJoey Hunt Member
    edited December 2018
    Thomas... somewhere down the pipe-line will we be able to just buy the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for the PS4 ?
    I have the DD2 on pre-order.  Is the Sony chip locate in the DD1 (PS4) or the F1 wheel ?

hahahaha.. it's funny... :)..
    every time i realize that people like you can be the best example of ignorance... my brain tell me how much i'm lucky.

Thank you, Christopher :).. * smk.
  • Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Joey Hunt said:
    Thomas... somewhere down the pipe-line will we be able to just buy the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for the PS4
    I have the DD2 on pre-order

Not planned yet

• Now for some good news: I’m proud to reveal the full details of our Podium Racing Wheel F1® - Officially Licensed for PS4™! 

Thomas, really... this thing is absolutely awesome...... fantastic combination
    Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Difference is that you did not place an order and make a pre-payment yet. ;)
  • Andrew Garrison wrote:

Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  

UNBELIEVABLE.....

• Riaan CrousRiaan Crous Member
    edited December 2018
    Absolutely fantastic product, regardless of whether you need 5 or so months to ensure sustained long term reliability. Completely acceptable for new product development considerations/teething.

Thomas - will the PS4 version be limited to a 2 year warranty? Affording us the option to purchase 2 or 3 years additional would really put the product quality concerns and delay to rest.
  • Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Difference is that you did not place an order and make a pre-payment yet. ;)
    Is that a challenge? haha  I'll be preordering today :) 
  • Looks fantastic - carbon side panels! Beautiful! I already have an Xbox universal hub so this will be perfect for both my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Correct? If so, going to hit the preorder button Going to have to upgrade my hub with the P APM too - how do they connect? Is there wiring involved?
  • It looks horrible, design and colours dark blue and yellow and carbon, have you ever saw something like that in F1?

Now for some good news: I’m proud to reveal the full details of our Podium Racing Wheel F1® - Officially Licensed for PS4™! 

The first ever direct drive system for PS4 completes the lineup of our three Podium Series Direct Drive systems, and this is my favourite!

Officially licensed by Formula 1™, the Podium Racing Wheel F1® is based on our DD1 technology, bringing unprecedented performance to the Sony platform. It is quite simply the most realistic force feedback system ever on a console, working seamlessly with all PS4™ and PS4™ Pro systems. Compatibility is tested and certified. It is fully backwards compatible to all titles supporting the CSL Elite Racing Wheel.

A new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ is included, an F1®-style wheel with a huge number of features and controls, including 12-way multi-position switches, thumb encoders, rocker switches, RGB RevLEDs and FlagLEDs. It uses the same technology and materials of the F1 2018 steering wheel and will not be offered separately at this point.

And we’re including the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, which provides two magnetic shifters that generate a solid, positive feel to every shift and two additional magnetic paddles for functions like DRS. Dual analogue clutch paddles allow F1®-style launch control by pre-defining the clutch bite point. Automotive grade quality, with real carbon fibre paddle plates, and an aluminium cage. You have to feel it!

The P APM is available for pre-order from today for 179,95 Euro/ USD and will launch together with the Podium Racing Wheel at the end of April. You can even upgrade your existing Universal Hub for Xbox One with it.

The Podium Racing Wheel F1® is available to pre-order for 1499,95 USD / Euro from today. Please check out the webshop for all the details.

• Really like the looks of the new F1 racing wheels, great job! Are there any plans on releasing similar ones with xbox compatibility?
  • The sim racing community is not a bank for Fanatec.  They can go take out a loan.  Don't pre order anything ever again after the Podium disaster.
  • edited December 2018
    Hey all!
    So, I'm a DD2 pre-order guy. With this release however I don't see a reason why I should stick to the order? 

I mean, spending the same amount of money for either 
    • just a DD2 base (maybe even with the clubsport F1 wheel, as i recon with "old" shifter pedals, not podium as announced here) or 
    • basically getting the same wheelbase with 3-5 Nm less power and a full podium wheel? 

Even with the compensation for DD preorders it is basically a tradeoff between a bit more torque vs a nicer wheel. 

Or did I miss something? 
  • Compatible with PC?
  • this is the new F1 2019 steering wheel that will be given for free if we ordered DD1 and wait until the end of April?
  • edited December 2018
    this is the new F1 2019 steering wheel that will be given for free if we ordered DD1 and wait until the end of April?
    uhmm.. no. the new 2019 have "Clubsport RED colour scheme" and ( no ) podium paddles included.
    it's only my opinion but i rarely go wrong with this things, in fact, on my channel i have announced this blue playstation colour scheme and the Gold limited Podium colour scheme in mid october.
  • Have to say I'm a bit disappointed after ordering the se f1 rim considering this is virtually identical.
  • edited December 2018
    Have to say I'm a bit disappointed after ordering the se f1 rim considering this is virtually identical.
    This colour scheme is phenomenal.. the blue alcantara grips seems the same of real BMW LMx steering wheel.
  • Jason SantosJason Santos Member
    edited December 2018
    Hey all!
    So, I'm a DD2 pre-order guy. With this release however I don't see a reason why I should stick to the order? 

I mean, spending the same amount of money for either 
    • just a DD2 base (maybe even with the clubsport F1 wheel, as i recon with "old" shifter pedals, not podium as announced here) or 
    • basically getting the same wheelbase with 3-5 Nm less power and a full podium wheel? 

Even with the compensation for DD preorders it is basically a tradeoff between a bit more torque vs a nicer wheel. 

Or did I miss something? 
    Just to clarify, the only thing "nicer" about the PS4 wheel is going to be the podium shifters. I'm expecting the free rim and the PS4 rim to be exactly the same except for that aspect, as well as probably a different color.

So to answer your question: yes, you have your situation summarized correctly as long as you were aware of that. It is your choice between more torque or having podium paddle shifters.

PJ Gaudie said:
    Compatible with PC?
    Should be, yes. At least, according to the product page it is. And I would assume it is compatible with Xbox too, that just requires you to change the steering wheel to a rim that is Xbox compatible (i.e. the universal hub)

this is the new F1 2019 steering wheel that will be given for free if we ordered DD1 and wait until the end of April?
    From my understanding, for the most part yes. It will be the same in terms of overall design, functionality, and buttons. However, I would expect it to be a different color than blue, and it will not come with the podium paddle shifters