Introducing the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

Comments

• Maxime MIGNOTMaxime MIGNOT Member
    edited December 2018
    Dear Fanatec, would it be possible to add more grooves in the P APM small set of paddles shifters? In order to help distinguish better from DRS by the feel (VR user). Oh, and while I'm at it, I would love to have that more hollowed design showed at the SimRacingExpo with the new Podium Porsche steering wheel!

+1 for the Podium pedals question since I need one set as well.
  •  So if the McLaren is too much plastic, how much are you willing to spend on a full carbon fibre wheel?
    Like other people already have commented, If you were to produce a GT3 rim with a button layout much like the new F1 rims,  meaning the same buttons at least, but in the shape and size of a GT3 rim ( at least 30 cm in diameter ), Audi, Mercedes, Mc laren or Porsche for that matter just to mention what it could look like.
    It doesn't have to be a licensed wheel, prefer not to be ( additional cost ) as long as it is high quality, atleast clubsport material, able to upgrade to podium ( magnetic shifters and clutch ) if it isn't a podium grade wheel out of the box......
    Wouldn't mind paying  between 500 and 700 euros if that's what it takes.....
  • I don’t care too much about materials used. Like I have said before, complete functionality on all the buttons provided is much more important to me, on the Xbox One that but I believe PS users suffer from the same lack off mapabillity.
  • Fanatec should make now little bigger(32cm or so) cut-style GT/proto/DTM wheels too, we have now these F1-style wheels but we don't have those, of course McL rim is step on right direction.
  • This looks perfect. I am also in the same boat on pre-ordering this one or getting the F1 2019 LE. Has there been any announcement on whether or not the F1 2019 LE will be xbox one compatible? If not, then this is clearly where my voucher will go.

I dont think the 2019 LE wheel will be xbox enabled, so I cancelled my 2018 LE and ordered the F1 V2 wheel, because I race on both console's and PC, and the blue wheel will work with PC and Ps4, and the red wheel works on xbox and PC, so all base's covered.....

I think they could have  released them  at the same time to avoid or of this order cancelling.  I bet they dont release wheel's like this in the future.....
  • Thanks, Thomas. What a stunning wheel!. Unfortunately, however, I will not be able to use all 67 different setting in my Xbox but also the fantastic rev lights. I'll buy this one when the Xbox supports rev lamp and expand button support. I have to be satisfied with my McLaren GT wheel at this time.  [-O<
  • Just wanna throw in another comment asking for a GT3 sized fanatec designed wheel.  I want something clubsport level that replicates what the McLaren wheel offers.  I want clutch paddles and a few rotaries. Doesn't need to be quite a full featured as these new formula rims.  I might grab one of these Formula V2s, but I think I'd prefer something just a little larger.
  • I ordered the BF V2 rim and preordered 2 shifter modules. I assume the center dial of the V2 spec rims controls clutch paddle modes. On a Xbox universal hub how do the clutch paddles work? Are they just mappable axis’s? Is it possible to use the bite point mode on the universal hub?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    What does it mean by Windows 10 compatible? Are the other rims not Windows compatible?
    All of our products work on multiple versions of Windows. The reason for mentioning Windows 10 here is to acknowledge Microsoft's continued unification of the Xbox One and Windows 10 platforms for gaming.
    I ordered the BF V2 rim and preordered 2 shifter modules. I assume the center dial of the V2 spec rims controls clutch paddle modes. On a Xbox universal hub how do the clutch paddles work? Are they just mappable axis’s? Is it possible to use the bite point mode on the universal hub?
    It will be possible to access all four analogue paddle modes on the Universal Hub for Xbox One via the Tuning Menu.
  • The v2 Formula wheels are all really nice! I was waiting for something like this, because I think the ergonomics of the Formula is better than the McLaren rim (thicker grips), but the Macca has so much more functions. Best of both worlds now!

While I wait for the preorder to arrive, I have a question about the new double function of the 12-way switches. Is the ability to use them alternatively as rotaries a hardware or software change? The switches of the Macca rim are, except for iRacing, pretty limited in functionality, because most games can't handle a 12-way encoder. You can slightly work around with the "0-position = off" feature.

As you can guess ;) Question goes into the direction of: is a SW-Update for the Macca possible?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    The v2 Formula wheels are all really nice! I was waiting for something like this, because I think the ergonomics of the Formula is better than the McLaren rim (thicker grips), but the Macca has so much more functions. Best of both worlds now!

While I wait for the preorder to arrive, I have a question about the new double function of the 12-way switches. Is the ability to use them alternatively as rotaries a hardware or software change? The switches of the Macca rim are, except for iRacing, pretty limited in functionality, because most games can't handle a 12-way encoder. You can slightly work around with the "0-position = off" feature.

As you can guess ;) Question goes into the direction of: is a SW-Update for the Macca possible?
    It is not possible to update this via software. The McLaren 12-way multi-position switches have a hard stop at both ends, whereas the ones in the Formula V2 wheels can rotate infinitely in both directions. We are continuing to promote the '12 way' functionality however, as we believe it has significant value for sim racing. Both iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione support them correctly, and this should expand to more titles in the future.
  • What about F1 2018 ? Does-it support those 12 ways switches ? What are the main purpose of the two rocket switches in F1 2018 per exemple ?
  • Dominic Brennan said:It is not possible to update this via software. The McLaren 12-way multi-position switches have a hard stop at both ends, whereas the ones in the Formula V2 wheels can rotate infinitely in both directions. We are continuing to promote the '12 way' functionality however, as we believe it has significant value for sim racing. Both iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione support them correctly, and this should expand to more titles in the future.
    Ah that makes sense. Thanks Dominic!

Yeah the 12-way functionality is really nice in itself, such a shame that not more games use it. Didn't know ACC does, cool!
  • edited December 2018
    What about F1 2018 ? Does-it support those 12 ways switches ? What are the main purpose of the two rocket switches in F1 2018 per exemple ?
    I think if the 12 way switches work also as rotary encoders you will be able to map them like 2 buttons on each of them (one button for turning left and one for turning right). Same goes for the rocket switches (2 buttons for up/down click) and thumb-encoders (2 buttons for rotate up/down). So you can map them as you wish in the game. For me, i think i will map the MFD-Shortcuts for increase/decrease ERS and fuel-mix on the thumb-encoders and increase/decrease brake bias and differential on the rocket switches in F1 2018.

My only concern is: Will these buttons also be recognized on the PS4 in F1 2018 and not only the standard PS4-buttons? (which would make all extra features of this wheel useless on PS4...)

But on PC i think it will be no problem to map all of them.
  • What about F1 2018 ? Does-it support those 12 ways switches ? What are the main purpose of the two rocket switches in F1 2018 per exemple ?
    I think if the 12 way switches work also as rotary encoders you will be able to map them like 2 buttons on each of them (one button for turning left and one for turning right). Same goes for the rocket switches (2 buttons for up/down click) and thumb-encoders (2 buttons for rotate up/down). So you can map them as you wish in the game. For me, i think i will map the MFD-Shortcuts for increase/decrease ERS and fuel-mix on the thumb-encoders and increase/decrease brake bias and differential on the rocket switches in F1 2018.

My only concern is: Will these buttons also be recognized on the PS4 in F1 2018 and not only the standard PS4-buttons? (which would make all extra features of this wheel useless on PS4...)

Transmission could also be adjusted with one of these switch I suppose. I just don't understand how the rocket switch will work in the Codemasters f1 2018 game because it's a one way position, up or down...

Transmission could also be adjusted with one of these switch I suppose. I just don't understand how the rocket switch will work in the Codemasters f1 2018 game because it's a one way position, up or down...
    These rocket switches are not of the type of a one way position (as you can see in fanatec youtube video of the steering wheel). They have a standard "middle" position (button not pressed) and you can click them up and down (button up or down pressed) and they automatically snap back in the middle position. So like that they work like normal push buttons. :-)
  • What about RaceRoom and 12-way switch support? I think you are in close cooperation with RaceRoom developers.
  • I really like the fonctionnality and design of new clubsport steering wheel F1 V2 and the limited editions (don't like the blue one thought) but i'm OK with some comments that the size (27 cms of diameter) is a little too small, mainly for a direct drive !

Please Fanatec, think about the same steering wheel with a larger size (30 cms would be already perfect) !!
  • Hi Thomas , very nice wheel. Xbox and f1: is was waiting for something about this. One things : about the rev lights working with xbox one: you said you are depending on microsoft about the feedback of the telemetry. Of course a post these questions on the ms xbox forum but i think you as a company can bring some more presure to ms to let it work. Are you talking with ms about this?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hi Thomas , very nice wheel. Xbox and f1: is was waiting for something about this. One things : about the rev lights working with xbox one: you said you are depending on microsoft about the feedback of the telemetry. Of course a post these questions on the ms xbox forum but i think you as a company can bring some more presure to ms to let it work. Are you talking with ms about this?
    We are pushing this topic since years with MS. It seems that there is some progress and certainly there is some motivation to actually change something.
  • Why do many people request an F1 wheel with a diameter of 30cm?

The wheels of F1 of 27cm, that Fanatec proposes, is not realistic?
  • I think people who suggest a 30cm wheel actually want that size so the wheel is more suited to GT cars (and others), rather than just Formula cars. Basically, a 30-33cm wheel is just a bit more universal in its uses, that's all.
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited December 2018
    I think people who suggest a 30cm wheel actually want that size so the wheel is more suited to GT cars (and others), rather than just Formula cars. Basically, a 30-33cm wheel is just a bit more universal in its uses, that's all.
    Yes, that's right. And you could still use that 30'ish cm wheel with open wheelers, but more importantly 27cm wheel is too small for GT/DTM etc style driving. At least someone should make separate GT/DTM-style  cut "rim" which you could attach to un.hub. 

• CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2018 Just received my limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. I’m just like a little kid at Christmas... Nice job Fanatec! Now I just need to get it to work with full functionality on F1 2018 and I will be ready for the races. 8-) Has anybody received theirs and set it up? Any tips would be helpful. Anybody know if Codemasters is going to release a patch with full support for this great wheel? @Thomas J - In a previous post (June?) you mentioned you would be at F1 races with sims etc. Any plans to be at any of the North American races? Austin or Montreal?

• CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2018 Just received my limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. I’m just like a little kid at Christmas... Nice job Fanatec! Now I just need to get it to work with full functionality on F1 2018 and I will be ready for the races. 8-) Has anybody received theirs and set it up? Any tips would be helpful. Anybody know if Codemasters is going to release a patch with full support for this great wheel? @Thomas J - In a previous post (June?) you mentioned you would be at F1 races with sims etc. Any plans to be at any of the North American races? Austin or Montreal?
    I think we have to patient with CM. At the moment the special edition is just an visual upgrade because all the extra buttons and switches don't work in F1 2018 on PS4.
  • @Julian L - I hear you re CM. Earliest I really expect it is with F1 2019 mid/late next year. But worth a try. I did post on CM’s forums specially as Fanatec and CM are working together and even had a raffle for the F1 LE wheel. Would have been nice for us F1 geeks. Would have thought they (CM) would have expected people to buy and want to maximise the great piece of equipment. Alas. I will have to try and map all the dials to make selection of brake bias, fuel mix etc much simpler and fast. Let me know if you see otherwise or find a good setup for this wheel. Happy driving!
  • Hello Thomas J,
    Fearing that my question regarding Fanatec presence @ US F1 races got buried in my other post, I am posting this separately. Is Fanatec going to be at either of the North American races? (Montreal or Austin)

Would be good to see what’s new on offer after being a client for quite some time. 
    Liking the new LE F1 wheel very much, specially as it shipped early. :-). Now just need need CM to be as efficient as you guys. 

Vielen Dank! 
    Wow really didn't expect them to ship this early! I noticed I just got an invoice email today...hopefully mine ships today/soon as well. What features on the wheel aren't working as yet? Also, are you on PC or console?

I really hope the APM will ship earlier than the proposed April date on the site. Magnetic shifters and dual clutch paddles are one of the main reasons I jumped on this wheel (others being the multitude of buttons/switches/encoders, the flag LEDs and the programmable Rev LEDs). Never had a 27cm wheel but I have the McLaren which is 30 cm and is my favorite wheel so far in terms of feel and features. 

After hearing so many requests for a 30cm F1 wheel, I keep measuring the McLaren and imagining it being 3cm shorter and I keep thinking "Is it really that big a deal for it to be 3cm narrower?". I also love driving both open wheelers and GT style cars and some are saying the 27cm isn't suited to GT/DTM style driving...in what way? Can someone describe why, as I'm really curious of the big difference 3 cm makes.
  • Not so much that size but shape of F1-wheel is also wrong when we thing authentic/modern gt-wheelrims. Of course McL has that which F already has made but all those other cars in those serieses mainly has those oddly shaped/wider steering wheels. At least it would be nice have that option, maybe as an separate rim for un.hub as I suggested. I can't make one be myself, nor I have money to buy custom builds which cost thousands.
  • Hi Thomas , very nice wheel. Xbox and f1: is was waiting for something about this. One things : about the rev lights working with xbox one: you said you are depending on microsoft about the feedback of the telemetry. Of course a post these questions on the ms xbox forum but i think you as a company can bring some more presure to ms to let it work. Are you talking with ms about this?
    We are pushing this topic since years with MS. It seems that there is some progress and certainly there is some motivation to actually change something.

I do hope so Thomas. But are you solely dependant on MS? Since you teemed up with CM I can imagine the devs at CM could implement full support for the XB in F1 2019 or am I wrong.