Introducing the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

Comments

• I just recieved my F1 L.E wheel yesterday,Unfortunatly i have had surergy In one of my fingers on my right hand so I realy can’t try it out ☺️Never the less I set it up and installed the latest drivers, and now there is a new tuning menu feature????any info on this would be appriciated, thx
  • I just recieved my F1 L.E wheel yesterday,Unfortunatly i have had surergy In one of my fingers on my right hand so I realy can’t try it out ☺️Never the less I set it up and installed the latest drivers, and now there is a new tuning menu feature????any info on this would be appriciated, thx
    Which one do you mean? You may check out this: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/596/fanatec-beta-driver-324-for-formula-v2#latest
    Which one do you mean? You may check out this: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/596/fanatec-beta-driver-324-for-formula-v2#latest

I just recieved my F1 L.E wheel yesterday,Unfortunatly i have had surergy In one of my fingers on my right hand so I realy can’t try it out ☺️Never the less I set it up and installed the latest drivers, and now there is a new tuning menu feature????any info on this would be appriciated, thx

- Added new Tuning menu entry MPS_FNC only available when a rim with Multi-position-switches is connected (RFOM v2, RMcL) 4 different options: - Auto: The 3 other modes are controllable by he game - Encoder: Turning the MPS will result in a short signal, indication if the switch was turned left or right. (not possible with RMcL) - Constant: The position is sent in every message - Pulse: The position is sent as a short signal, when it changes - Readjusted PS4 button mapping for RMcL Thank you guess I'll wait for a simracinggirl tutorial for that LOL
  • edited December 2018
    CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2018 Just received my limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. I’m just like a little kid at Christmas... Nice job Fanatec! Now I just need to get it to work with full functionality on F1 2018 and I will be ready for the races. 8-) Has anybody received theirs and set it up? Any tips would be helpful. Anybody know if Codemasters is going to release a patch with full support for this great wheel? @Thomas J - In a previous post (June?) you mentioned you would be at F1 races with sims etc. Any plans to be at any of the North American races? Austin or Montreal?
    Hi, :).

can i ask you "if" the Racing Button Caps are present in your package?...
    in my package this buttons caps is not present.

the wheel is awesome :).
  • CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2018 Just received my limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. I’m just like a little kid at Christmas... Nice job Fanatec! Now I just need to get it to work with full functionality on F1 2018 and I will be ready for the races. 8-) Has anybody received theirs and set it up? Any tips would be helpful. Anybody know if Codemasters is going to release a patch with full support for this great wheel? @Thomas J - In a previous post (June?) you mentioned you would be at F1 races with sims etc. Any plans to be at any of the North American races? Austin or Montreal?

Yes the button caps were in the box. Not sure I will use them for F1 driving but possibly for other driving games. Sorry to hear your did not make it.
  • edited December 2018
    CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL F1 2018 Just received my limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. I’m just like a little kid at Christmas... Nice job Fanatec! Now I just need to get it to work with full functionality on F1 2018 and I will be ready for the races. 8-) Has anybody received theirs and set it up? Any tips would be helpful. Anybody know if Codemasters is going to release a patch with full support for this great wheel? @Thomas J - In a previous post (June?) you mentioned you would be at F1 races with sims etc. Any plans to be at any of the North American races? Austin or Montreal?

Yes the button caps were in the box. Not sure I will use them for F1 driving but possibly for other driving games. Sorry to hear your did not make it.
    The first time i've watched the video unboxing from Gamer Muscle i see that in the box the button caps are missing... and i say "damn... this happens to me for sure" :D

i'm right hahahahaha...

i have wrote to the Support team. I have no doubt that Thomas send me this Caps :). the wheel is spectacular.
  • Yes, that's right. And you could still use that 30'ish cm wheel with open wheelers, but more importantly 27cm wheel is too small for GT/DTM etc style driving. At least someone should make separate GT/DTM-style  cut "rim" which you could attach to un.hub. 

Turn racing makes a nice cut rim.
  • edited December 2018
    Yes, that's right. And you could still use that 30'ish cm wheel with open wheelers, but more importantly 27cm wheel is too small for GT/DTM etc style driving. At least someone should make separate GT/DTM-style  cut "rim" which you could attach to un.hub. 

Yes, that rim from Turn racing has a nice shape, but then I would have to use the universal hub, and I don't like that mainly because it only has one " joystick " and because it by default starts up as xbox ( I only run PC ) which is why I didn't buy the MClaren wheel either.
    I like the button layout of the new F1 rim a lot, which is why I bought the 2018 LE, and If Fanatec decides to make a wheel like the one from Turn racing, or something like it, including the button layout from the new F1 rim I will probably also purchase that if it is a clubsport level, or above....
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, I’d really like to see the feature set and build quality of the V2 formula rims reimagined as a 300mm GT3 rim.
  • Yes, that's right. And you could still use that 30'ish cm wheel with open wheelers, but more importantly 27cm wheel is too small for GT/DTM etc style driving. At least someone should make separate GT/DTM-style  cut "rim" which you could attach to un.hub. 

Yes, that rim from Turn racing has a nice shape, but then I would have to use the universal hub, and I don't like that mainly because it only has one " joystick " and because it by default starts up as xbox ( I only run PC ) which is why I didn't buy the MClaren wheel either.
    I like the button layout of the new F1 rim a lot, which is why I bought the 2018 LE, and If Fanatec decides to make a wheel like the one from Turn racing, or something like it, including the button layout from the new F1 rim I will probably also purchase that if it is a clubsport level, or above....
    Just FYI: The Mclaren Rim does not default to an Xbox mode (maybe the very first time, but after that it's fine)...Been using mine for 6 months now exclusively on PC and never had an issue with that, always defaults to PC mode (on my CSW v2.5 base).

Just FYI: The Mclaren Rim does not default to an Xbox mode (maybe the very first time, but after that it's fine)...Been using mine for 6 months now exclusively on PC and never had an issue with that, always defaults to PC mode (on my CSW v2.5 base).
    Nice to know that the MClaren doesn't start up as xbox.
    But my main reason stil is that it only has one " joystick " which is why I like the F1 rims the porsche and the BMW, although I must admit that comming from the BMW rim I like the F1 2018 LE a lot despite the small diameter which I have always said is too small....
    That said, I'd still like to see a 300mm ish GT / TC rim with the features / buttonlayout of the new F1 v2 rims as I mostly race the GT3 cars
    Next reason is that I don't want to buy anything below clubsport level if I end up ordering a DD1 or DD2 some time after April when they are released, which I just might if I know myself correctly.....

But my main reason stil is that it only has one " joystick " which is why I like the F1 rims the porsche and the BMW, although I must admit that comming from the BMW rim I like the F1 2018 LE a lot despite the small diameter which I have always said is too small....
    That said, I'd still like to see a 300mm ish GT / TC rim with the features / buttonlayout of the new F1 v2 rims as I mostly race the GT3 cars
    Next reason is that I don't want to buy anything below clubsport level if I end up ordering a DD1 or DD2 some time after April when they are released, which I just might if I know myself correctly.....
    I understand; I don't like the missing joystick either, and if I were running a DD wheel in the future I'd be cautious about using something lower than Clubsport level just for structural rigidity (I do hear and feel tiny amounts of flex in the McLaren). However, I doubt I would setup a DD wheel stronger than my current CSW, as I find that is strong enough for me...I'd just want a DD for the higher level of detail in FFB.

Since you know you're gonna go DD, instead of buying a DD2, just add 500 more and buy two DD1's, and send the extra to me please, thanks! :-D
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Verner Vejlgaard said:

Hi,
    no wheel does let the base start in xbox one mode by default. Every base does remember the mode you used it in, except after a FW update, -  no matter if it was PS4, PC or Xbox One mode.
  • Got my 2018 Limited Edition rim today.  Seems they ran out of yellow buttons and are substituting tangerine orange instead.  Really throws off the look of the rim. Also pictured the real yellow button that is on my BMW rim.  

Anyone else run into this?  I am waiting to here back from support.  
  • Got my 2018 Limited Edition rim today.  Seems they ran out of yellow buttons and are substituting tangerine orange instead.  Really throws off the look of the rim. Also pictured the real yellow button that is on my BMW rim.  

this is the normal color, no issue there at all. All rims have the buttons with this color. Just because its not the same yellow color tone than the BMW yellow button it doesnt automatically mean its an issue with your rim and that Fanatec ran out of yellow buttons.............. If you dont like it, use some of the racing style button caps on these buttons ;-)

I honestly think that the Tangerine color it makes looks very smooth with the gold to my opinion, but again,that is my personal opinion. I think If all buttons would set like the rest of it,(yellow) it will be to much, at the point that may distract you.

• ETA for the 2019 clubsport rim? I need to have this in my life!
  • Hey i got My My New fanatec f1 2018 wheel ????super nice whell love it but I miss the button caps? [email protected]
  • ETA for the 2019 clubsport rim? I need to have this in my life!
    I think I heard about May or June release for the F1 2019 wheel...

• So I received my Limited Edition F1 wheel, and the pictures don't do it justice; what a gorgeous wheel and it feels perfect to me! Really love the new style of LEDs as well. 

There is however one issue that needs to be addressed: Both of the rotary dials on the front (the 1 - 12 dials) tend to double click often. Turning it once in either direction moves it two places..this happens about 33% on average...maybe tweak the debouncing on those dials to be at a faster rate?

Also, is there a way to possibly shorten the throw of the shifters? I know the APM would be the better solution, but until that is released I'd like to figure out another possibility. Quick downshifts in an F1 car feel so weird with these shifters, especially after having used the Mclaren wheel for quite awhile. 

Finally, will we get the ability to tweak the colors of the RevLEDs? FanaLEDs does not support this wheel yet, and I'd much rather have a 1st party solution as I find FanaLEDs rather unreliable to setup. Some open wheelers for example only use only red for their Rev LEDs, or some only have the blue LEDs as the final 1 or 2 segments (which I prefer).

Totally agree with the others: the color they used looks better with the gold trim than a brighter yellow...in fact I think they should have gone with a more pale yellow that either matches the trim of the wheel (behind all the buttons), or matches the gold on the joystick and funkyswitch.
  • So I received my Limited Edition F1 wheel, and the pictures don't do it justice; what a gorgeous wheel and it feels perfect to me! Really love the new style of LEDs as well. 

There is however one issue that needs to be addressed: Both of the rotary dials on the front (the 1 - 12 dials) tend to double click often. Turning it once in either direction moves it two places..this happens about 33% on average...maybe tweak the debouncing on those dials to be at a faster rate?

Also, is there a way to possibly shorten the throw of the shifters? I know the APM would be the better solution, but until that is released I'd like to figure out another possibility. Quick downshifts in an F1 car feel so weird with these shifters, especially after having used the Mclaren wheel for quite awhile. 

Finally, will we get the ability to tweak the colors of the RevLEDs? FanaLEDs does not support this wheel yet, and I'd much rather have a 1st party solution as I find FanaLEDs rather unreliable to setup. Some open wheelers for example only use only red for their Rev LEDs, or some only have the blue LEDs as the final 1 or 2 segments (which I prefer). 

Brandon Powell if you look at the back of your shifter you'll see two 8mm bolts.You have to loose these and with a flat screw driver you have to tight a little, step by step. be carefull to not pass the clicking point or to close to engage with any wheel or finger motion.

Brandon Powell if you look at the back of your shifter you'll see two 8mm bolts.You have to loose these and with a flat screw driver you have to tight a little, step by step. be carefull to not pass the clicking point or to close to engage with any wheel or finger motion.
    Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction, didn't realise that bolt wasn't connected to or securing anything. 

I found using a 2.5mm hex key into the bolt, along with an adjustable wrench to hold the nut in place works very well; just turn the hex key until the shifter clicks and then back out slowly until it releases ("de-clicks"). Test several times to make sure it de-clicks every time, because the de-click point seems to be slightly farther back compared to the click point.

Then, if you loosen the side bolts and slide the paddles closer to the wheel, but angle it so that the end of the paddle points away from the wheel, you can get it close enough that it hits the back of the wheel right after it clicks. I was more anal about getting the left paddle as close as possible for rapid downshifting. Obviously if you have bigger hands this might not work well for you, but then again, people with bigger hands tend to shy away from 27cm wheels.

After some fine-tuning, I got it really close to the throw of the McLaren (but with less resistance of course): 2.5mm on the F1 vs. 1.75mm on the McLaren.

Thanks again!
  • Hi 
    I also got my F1 wheel yesterday and what a piece, look and feels very good. Nice job Fanatec, but one thing I hope Fanatec could make for the next 2019 wheel is more F1 related button caps.

Best Regards 
    Bjørn Henning

• Hi 
    I also got my F1 wheel yesterday and what a piece, look and feels very good. Nice job Fanatec, but one thing I hope Fanatec could make for the next 2019 wheel is more F1 related button caps.

Best Regards 
    Bjørn Henning

Yes! Some suggestions: Neutral and Pit Limiter (just N and P or L would be fine), DRS, KERS, Pit Request (or Radio), I’m sure there are others I can’t think of right now. I use toggle switches, rotary dials and now the thumb encoders for ABS, TC and rollbar adjustments but someone might want buttons instead.
  • This is my F1 2018 LE :-)

• edited January 2019
  • Nice @Alfredo, where did you get those button caps? 
  • edited January 2019
    @Bjørn Only vinyl decals, --> etsy.com/shop/VisualControl
  • edited January 2019
    Thomas/ Fanatec is it possible that you will Make a Bigger OLED Screen that plugs into the top of the Xbox Wheel Hub with Rev Lights on it??? This would be a Excellent Upgrade for the Xbox wheel Hub... Please Consider this maybe even open a Poll thread for Votes to see if people are interested in this... With the Xbox Hub being able to upgrade to Podium Magnetic shifter paddles the Hub Still has alot of Future potential... To be Honest I have 4 Fanatec wheels and the Hub w/Forza Rim is My Favorite... Its the Most Comfortable for Me to use for Long Racing sessions. Sorry if posting in the wrong thread but there is No Wish List thread where we can post Ideas that you might consider making.