Fanatec Beta Driver (324) 326 for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 and Formula V2

Comments

• Will the beta driver/firmware package be available this week do you think?
    Lets hope so, i am getting some weird stuff in Iracing, downshift not register every time and when I turn wheel 90 degrees left the blackbox changes page (BB mapped to left/right D-pad, right stick). V2.5 + F1 18 SE 
    Same, lets hope it's fixed quick because I would like to use it for the Daytona 24. Right now I can't trust it so I don't use it. Any excitement I had that it shipped early has been erased by the fact we're all just Beta testers for Fanatec and my rim is just a paperweight until whenever it is we get a fix.
  • Julian LipkeJulian Lipke Member
    edited January 2019

Will the beta driver/firmware package be available this week do you think?
    Lets hope so, i am getting some weird stuff in Iracing, downshift not register every time and when I turn wheel 90 degrees left the blackbox changes page (BB mapped to left/right D-pad, right stick). V2.5 + F1 18 SE 
    Same, lets hope it's fixed quick because I would like to use it for the Daytona 24. Right now I can't trust it so I don't use it. Any excitement I had that it shipped early has been erased by the fact we're all just Beta testers for Fanatec and my rim is just a paperweight until whenever it is we get a fix.
    You have to keep in mind that it was shipped way earlier than expected. Mine was scheduled for 31st of January, so I won't complain...
  • Not shipped early here in Australia, was slated for 15/1/19 and no sign of it yet.
  • Ich habe die die neue Firmware geflasht. Ich find sie eigentlich nicht schlecht. Nur das jetzt der ps Button jetzt gleichzeitig der x Button ist. Habe das csl elite ps4 p1 Lenkrad mit v3 pedale. Spiel gts
  • Ich habe die die neue Firmware geflasht. Ich find sie eigentlich nicht schlecht. Nur das jetzt der ps Button jetzt gleichzeitig der x Button ist. Habe das csl elite ps4 p1 Lenkrad mit v3 pedale. Spiel gts
  • So this new rim is having the exact same double shifting issue as the McLaren rim? Thanks be to God I didn't go ahead and buy it then. And they say it's a firmware issue. I wouldn't hold my breath. I have multiple emails from "support" with some stating it's a firmware issue and I should hold on until a new firmware is released (still waiting months later) and I have other mails telling me it's a hardware issue. Time to bit e the bullet and get a (non Fanatec) DD base I think.
  • So this new rim is having the exact same double shifting issue as the McLaren rim? Thanks be to God I didn't go ahead and buy it then. And they say it's a firmware issue. I wouldn't hold my breath. I have multiple emails from "support" with some stating it's a firmware issue and I should hold on until a new firmware is released (still waiting months later) and I have other mails telling me it's a hardware issue. Time to bit e the bullet and get a (non Fanatec) DD base I think.
    I have lots of fanatec product and i couldn't be more happy with them! No problems what so ever. Even Mclaren wheel works great. New firmware is not yet ready for new wheels. Why don't people understand that! Why do you have to bash their product if you don't like them!?
  • Sorry but it's a maximum of 2 laps driving before a button triggers that shouldn't, or double upshifts, or doesn't shift up/down at all. Yet it arrives with a lovely 'QC passed' sticker on it...

@Anyone from Fanatec, are we likely to get new drivers/firmware today?
  • Sorry but it's a maximum of 2 laps driving before a button triggers that shouldn't, or double upshifts, or doesn't shift up/down at all. Yet it arrives with a lovely 'QC passed' sticker on it...

A Fanatec official said yesterday that a new driver will be with us within 1-2 weeks with a new firmware which will fix the Missing Button Inputs/Shifter Issues. I managed to install the new firmware already and can confirm that these issues are solved with the new firmware. However, some people had update issues and therefore the new firmware was deleted again and it was said that a new driver is neccessary.
    So in short, no, there probably wont be a new driver today.

A Fanatec official said yesterday that a new driver will be with us within 1-2 weeks with a new firmware which will fix the Missing Button Inputs/Shifter Issues. I managed to install the new firmware already and can confirm that these issues are solved with the new firmware. However, some people had update issues and therefore the new firmware was deleted again and it was said that a new driver is neccessary.
    So in short, no, there probably wont be a new driver today.
    I still have the file, any tricks how you manage to get it to work?
  • I mean if people have a way of fixing this don't keep it a secret :)
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    What about the centre calibration when in contact with a kerb on f12018 ps4 this glitch has been there since firmware v311 and still hasn't been resolved in the latest updates. I have contact technical assistance and the assured me it would be resolved in the latest firmware update so basically my limited edition wheel is totally useless until this is resolved. I have to use v293 to not suffer from this issue. Can you give any sort of time scale of when this will be resolved please
    Sorry to hear that, yes it is a known firmware issue, we are working on it but couldn't resolve it yet.
    Hello ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 owners

Sorry for the waiting time and thank you for your patience, attached below is the new driver package 326 beta to solve the shifter and button detection issues. We are looking forward to your feedback.

Fixed Issues: 
    Lost inputs of shifter and buttons

Other Changes:
    CSL E WB Drift Mode corrected
    CSL E RW PS4 / CSL E WB+ / CSW V2.5: Modified drift mode - experimental.

Known Issues:
    CSL Bases loose center position - Fix is WIP

Wish you all a nice weekend.
    What about the centre calibration when in contact with a kerb on f12018 ps4 this glitch has been there since firmware v311 and still hasn't been resolved in the latest updates. I have contact technical assistance and the assured me it would be resolved in the latest firmware update so basically my limited edition wheel is totally useless until this is resolved. I have to use v293 to not suffer from this issue. Can you give any sort of time scale of when this will be resolved please
    Sorry to hear that, yes it is a known firmware issue, we are working on it but couldn't resolve it yet.

Hi Marcel
    Is there any way I can help with this issue?
    Any data, information I could provide you with of what would be of help to you?
    Have you reproduced the issue?
    Daniel

• Thanks Marcel, fingers crossed no more issues for me then!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Sorry for the waiting time and thank you for your patience, attached below is the new driver package 326 beta to solve the shifter and button detection issues. We are looking forward to your feedback.

Fixed Issues: 

Other Changes:

Known Issues:

Hi Marcel,

This is still separate from the upcoming Firmware for all wheels/bases correct?
  • Hi,

I still lose the connection for a very short time if i press and hold a button. It's reproducable with every button (incl. paddles, rocker switches, D-pad). You can see it in the driver software that the blue point disappears.

So it doesn't look like it's fixed.

Platform: PC

Base: CSL Elite PS4 Version

Rim: ClubSport steering wheel F1 2018

PC driver: 326

WB FW: 594

SW FW: 19

• Your SW FW should be 21 not 19
  • Hi,

I still lose the connection for a very short time if i press and hold a button. It's reproducable with every button (incl. paddles, rocker switches, D-pad). You can see it in the driver software that the blue point disappears.

Because you did not update the F1 Firmware. Go the Update tab, Press the Button "Update Steering Wheel Firmware" and go through the update process. After you have flashed the Rim Firmware from v19 to v21, the issue will be solved ;-)
  • Installed the driver, then after the install I went into the update tab of the Fanatec control panel and updated the firmware on the wheel and so far it seems to have fixed the issue. Still early days and I can't give it a good go until tomorrow, but looks promising.

Thanks to the team for getting it out to us!
  • Wheel does work perfectly now!
    I have lots of fanatec product and i couldn't be more happy with them! No problems what so ever. Even Mclaren wheel works great. New firmware is not yet ready for new wheels. Why don't people understand that! Why do you have to bash their product if you don't like them!?
    OK. Let's start with your first point shall we?

I'm delighted you're not having issues. I really am. But there are many MANY people that are having issues with different rims. Fanatec can't fix the McLaren rim but they can find the time to mess up their Podium series bases and release new rims that don't function correctly. It's not a good look for them. 

Your second point:

I understand there is not a new firmware out yet. Which is the problem. I've been waiting for the firmware since I bought the wheel soon after it was first released. I have multiple emails from support telling me it's two very different solutions (they're saying it's firmware and another mail says it's hardware) to fix the rim problems. I have an email from July stating a new firmware will be released in the coming weeks to fix this. New firmware arrived, same issues.  

And your third point:

I feel I have a right to bash their products. They're selling items that are not functioning as described. I have a box in the corner of the room with a rim worth €230 that I can't use. Should I be thrilled about this? Should I come on here saying "ok guys, I have the McLaren rim but can't use it. You should still buy it though. It's amazing when it works"? 

So in closing, I fully understand they haven't got the new firmware ready yet. And that's 90% of the issue. I have been waiting since July (many others have been waiting longer) for a fix. As I said, I'm delighted you're not having any issues, but that doesn't mean I have to be content with the issues I'm having. These issues even happen on very popular iRacing streams live. It's not a good advertisement for Fanatec. 
  • Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited January 2019

F1 2018 Wheel and the Driver 3.24:

Regarding the function pulse from the rotary encoders in the middle (37-38 and 49-50)
    Pulse: The position is sent as a short signal, when it changes

It seems, that the pulse is to short, in the test window it will be recognized but in the Games e.g. AC it's only recognized half the times so it's not really usable at the moment.
    The other two rotary encoders are better recognized (21-27 and 35-36).

The other mentioned problems like missed shifting come up with me too.

To be honest it's a disappointment that the new wheel is sold although the SW does not work.

Hi Marcel
    Is there any way I can help with this issue?
    Any data, information I could provide you with of what would be of help to you?
    Have you reproduced the issue?
    Daniel

Thanks for the offer, I can ask the developer on Monday but as far as I know they are on it already

Fixed Issues: 

Other Changes:

Known Issues:

Hi Marcel,

This is still separate from the upcoming Firmware for all wheels/bases correct?
    This driver contains a couple new Firmwares for wheels/bases

Hi,

As Marcus said your SW FW should be 21, this FW contains the fix, sorry for not clarifying more clearly before.

Wheel does work perfectly now!
    Thank you, that's good to know

F1 2018 Wheel and the Driver 3.24:

Regarding the function pulse from the rotary encoders in the middle (37-38 and 49-50)

It seems, that the pulse is to short, in the test window it will be recognized but in the Games e.g. AC it's only recognized half the times so it's not really usable at the moment.

To be honest it's a disappointment that the new wheel is sold although the SW does not work.

Thanks for the information, please check the new driver 326 and install the steering wheel firmware 21. If this doesn't fix the pulse tell it me again please. 
  • F1 2018 Wheel and the Driver 3.24:

With driver 326 I cant reproduce this. Pulse mode working fine here.
    Missed Shift problem is also fixed with driver 326 so I think you should give that new driver and the new firmware a try ;-)
  • Ty Maurice and Marcel :-).
    Works fine now!

Have a nice Weekend!
  • Installed and played a couple hours tonight and everything worked great! I can enjoy the rim now without having to worry about shifts missing etc lol. Thanks!
  • Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited January 2019
    Marcel Pfister said:Thanks for the information, please check the new driver 326 and install the steering wheel firmware 21. If this doesn't fix the pulse tell it me again please. 
    Driver 3.26 and SW Firmware 21 works a lot better, until now no issues found.
    What's the difference in the drift mode?

Marcel Pfister said:Thanks for the information, please check the new driver 326 and install the steering wheel firmware 21. If this doesn't fix the pulse tell it me again please. 
    Driver 3.26 and SW Firmware 21 works a lot better, until now no issues found.
    What's the difference in the drift mode?

When using the positive values of the drift mode most wheels had a lot of oscillations, this should be better now
  • edited January 2019
    The 326 works better now, but I lost the pulse function when using the switch rotor…  :/
This discussion has been closed.