Fanatec Beta Driver (324) 326 for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 and Formula V2

Comments

• Okay so I just ran into an issue and not sure if it’s because of the new FM or what. Last night everything was working great and then after playing a couple hours tonight now the rev lights on my rim are going crazy lol. Even the flag lights are flickering and such. The rev lights on the base are working just fine but the rim is gone nuts. Everything else seems to work just fine but just the rev lights. Anyone have this issue?
  • The 326 works better now, but I lost the pulse function when using the switch rotor…  :/
    +1.
    I too
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is it normal that the ffb in this version has been reduced? I’ve noticed I had to increase on wheel ffb values by 20-30 points.
  • Is it normal that the ffb in this version has been reduced? I’ve noticed I had to increase on wheel ffb values by 20-30 points.
    I can't confirm that. Everything works fine with the new driver. CSW V2.5, Formula V2 LE. 
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Is it normal that the ffb in this version has been reduced? I’ve noticed I had to increase on wheel ffb values by 20-30 points.
    Hi, if you play on Xbox one yes, there where some adjustments because FFB had to be turned down to 30% most of the time to get a good experience and we encountered a lot of issues that people got overheating and shutting off FFB because driving with 100% FFB. Is it still possible for you to crank it up high enough?
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited January 2019
    But there are many MANY people that are having issues with different rims. Fanatec can't fix the McLaren rim but they can find the time to mess up their Podium series bases and release new rims that don't function correctly. It's not a good look for them. 
    Hi David,

There is no issue of the McLaren Wheel which is not yet fixed or can't be fixed right away. So if anybody still has any issue -> Get in touch with our support and we'll resolve it.

@ Joseph Z Gossen
    Only the FFB for XBox One was reworked but it is not yet perfect. The FFB on XBO was very oversaturated which means that even 50% (Tuning Menu: FF) was already more than 100% FFB. We are working on rescaling the FFB on Xbox One now.
    edited January 2019
    The 326 works better now, but I lost the pulse function when using the switch rotor…  :/
    +1.
    I too
    Hi, can you please go more into detail!
    Was it in the driver or in a game, if yes in which game, was it all the time or only sometimes, how can we reproduce it and so on?
    Okay so I just ran into an issue and not sure if it’s because of the new FM or what. Last night everything was working great and then after playing a couple hours tonight now the rev lights on my rim are going crazy lol. Even the flag lights are flickering and such. The rev lights on the base are working just fine but the rim is gone nuts. Everything else seems to work just fine but just the rev lights. Anyone have this issue?
    Haven't heard of this yet, any idea how it could have started and how to reproduce it? Can you please summarize in which situation, game and platform this is happening and can you try the Rev LED test button in the driver UI. If you have the BRF setting in your tuning menu you can also go there and press the b rake to check the Rev LEDs.
    edited January 2019
    But there are many MANY people that are having issues with different rims. Fanatec can't fix the McLaren rim but they can find the time to mess up their Podium series bases and release new rims that don't function correctly. It's not a good look for them. 
    Hi David,

There is no issue of the McLaren Wheel which is not yet fixed or can't be fixed right away. So if anybody still has any issue -> Get in touch with our support and we'll resolve it.

@ Joseph Z Gossen
    Only the FFB for XBox One was reworked but it is not yet perfect. The FFB on XBO was very oversaturated which means that even 50% (Tuning Menu: FF) was already more than 100% FFB. We are working on rescaling the FFB on Xbox One now.
    Thanks Armin, Just some feedback with 326 on Project Cars 2 I was running in game Raw Gain 75 Vol 60 Tone 40 FX 25 On wheel FFB 75 FFB was pretty good. Now using those settings there is very little feedback so I went back to default Raw 100/50/50/50 on wheel FFB 100 and although there is more detail it still feels fairly light for that high a setting.
    Hi David,

@ Joseph Z Gossen
    Thanks Armin, Just some feedback with 326 on Project Cars 2 I was running in game Raw Gain 75 Vol 60 Tone 40 FX 25 On wheel FFB 75 FFB was pretty good. Now using those settings there is very little feedback so I went back to default Raw 100/50/50/50 on wheel FFB 100 and although there is more detail it still feels fairly light for that high a setting.
    Is it possible to choose a setting above 100 to get it as strong as you like it and if yes to which value do you have to raise the setting that it's strong enough but not clipping?
    Hi Joseph,

on which Platform? If you are playing on XBO...before ~40-50 FF was already 100% FF of the wheel. Every other setting was over saturated, small effects have been to strong, strong effects have been capped off (which is clipping) etc. 
    So we do have to re-scale the effects but it should be already better now. Final touch will happen within the next week. 
    What about the centre calibration when in contact with a kerb on f12018 ps4 this glitch has been there since firmware v311 and still hasn't been resolved in the latest updates. I have contact technical assistance and the assured me it would be resolved in the latest firmware update so basically my limited edition wheel is totally useless until this is resolved. I have to use v293 to not suffer from this issue. Can you give any sort of time scale of when this will be resolved please
    Sorry to hear that, yes it is a known firmware issue, we are working on it but couldn't resolve it yet.

Hi Marcel
    Is there any way I can help with this issue?
    Any data, information I could provide you with of what would be of help to you?
    Have you reproduced the issue?
    Daniel

Thanks for the offer, I can ask the developer on Monday but as far as I know they are on it already

Hello ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 owners

Sorry for the waiting time and thank you for your patience, attached below is the new driver package 326 beta to solve the shifter and button detection issues. We are looking forward to your feedback.

Fixed Issues: 
    Lost inputs of shifter and buttons

Other Changes:
    CSL E WB Drift Mode corrected
    CSL E RW PS4 / CSL E WB+ / CSW V2.5: Modified drift mode - experimental.

Known Issues:
    CSL Bases loose center position - Fix is WIP

Wish you all a nice weekend.
    Hi Marcel,

This is still separate from the upcoming Firmware for all wheels/bases correct?
    This driver contains a couple new Firmwares for wheels/bases

Hi,

I still lose the connection for a very short time if i press and hold a button. It's reproducable with every button (incl. paddles, rocker switches, D-pad). You can see it in the driver software that the blue point disappears.

So it doesn't look like it's fixed.

Platform: PC

Base: CSL Elite PS4 Version

Rim: ClubSport steering wheel F1 2018

PC driver: 326

WB FW: 594

SW FW: 19

As Marcus said your SW FW should be 21, this FW contains the fix, sorry for not clarifying more clearly before.

Wheel does work perfectly now!
    Thank you, that's good to know

F1 2018 Wheel and the Driver 3.24:

Regarding the function pulse from the rotary encoders in the middle (37-38 and 49-50)
    Pulse: The position is sent as a short signal, when it changes

It seems, that the pulse is to short, in the test window it will be recognized but in the Games e.g. AC it's only recognized half the times so it's not really usable at the moment.
    The other two rotary encoders are better recognized (21-27 and 35-36).

The other mentioned problems like missed shifting come up with me too.

To be honest it's a disappointment that the new wheel is sold although the SW does not work.

Thanks for the information, please check the new driver 326 and install the steering wheel firmware 21. If this doesn't fix the pulse tell it me again please.  Hi marcel
    Any news on the fix for the wheel centre glitch on the csl elite?
  •  Hi marcel
     Hi marcel
    Nothing new yet, still working on it.
  •  Hi marcel
    Can you explain what exactly the problem with the centre calibration is?
    @ Daniel Evans
    Please check the changelog. We listed that it is an open issue and we're working on it. Believe me, as soon as they are news, we'll inform our customers right away.

@ Julian Lipke
    Sometimes CSL Bases slightly jump off the center a little bit (max 3°) and then back to the calibrated wheel center. This did not happen with the original launch FW and we could already reproduce the issue and we're investigating now. We're working on a fix and I would expect it within the next public or final driver release.
  • I have just tried driver 326 for the new limited formula 1 wheel on F1 2018.
    The bottons problem and the shifting works perfectly but it has completely changed the feelings on the wheel. When on the straights the wheel start to be crazy if i leave it, going right and left and not staying in the position i want. Even in corners i feel that he try to get back to the center and become really heavier, even if i'm using the same settings that i had with other drivers. ( drift mode off or -1 or -2 same problem ). I hope you fix it soon
  • I dont' have anymore the missed shifts but I still have the MPS moving two places instead of one in the pc driver interface when its set to AUTO.
    edited January 2019
    @ Daniele Haddad
    We did not change the FFB. We did only change the + Values of the drift mode. Default drift mode is -5....if you change that and the game is not prepared for it...you could face oscillations. 
    Minus ("-") values in the DRI setting ALWAYS have more dampening/friction that "OFF", since OFF has no dampening at all. Therefore it is not possible that "-" values now cause oscillation and "OFF" does not ;-)
    Which wheel base do you have and which game are you playing on which platform. That would be some "helpful information" to discuss. 
    And did you try to go back to the previous FW and driver to check if you base reacts still the same way? That should be done to isolate the your findings.

@ Ruairi
    Please contact our support and let them know what is set within the driver and in the firmware. Adding a video would help a lot. We'll investigate that issue which we cannot reproduce so far.
  • Okay so I just ran into an issue and not sure if it’s because of the new FM or what. Last night everything was working great and then after playing a couple hours tonight now the rev lights on my rim are going crazy lol. Even the flag lights are flickering and such. The rev lights on the base are working just fine but the rim is gone nuts. Everything else seems to work just fine but just the rev lights. Anyone have this issue?
    Haven't heard of this yet, any idea how it could have started and how to reproduce it? Can you please summarize in which situation, game and platform this is happening and can you try the Rev LED test button in the driver UI. If you have the BRF setting in your tuning menu you can also go there and press the b rake to check the Rev LEDs.
    I have opened a support ticket so I do not derail the conversation on this thread as it might not be related. I have sent in a video and they suggested I try reinstalling the whee base firmware and rim firmware after that. I will give that a go and report back via the support ticket. If you’d like more info I can PM you directly?
    Hi Joseph,

on which Platform? If you are playing on XBO...before ~40-50 FF was already 100% FF of the wheel. Every other setting was over saturated, small effects have been to strong, strong effects have been capped off (which is clipping) etc. 
    So we do have to re-scale the effects but it should be already better now. Final touch will happen within the next week. 
    Hi Armin,

Yes Xbox One X. Look forward to testing the next update.
    @ Joseph
    If you set the wheel to 100 and everything else in the game it still should feel fine and better than before. Of course some adaptions have to be made now but there is no negative side about the change we made. The re-scale needed to be done. The scale was wrong and everything was oversaturated and clipping all the time. Only FF values up to 30~50 gave you reasonable results before.
    But like I said...the scaling is not fully finished but won't change by a wide margin as it did to this FW.
  • Hallo liebe Community.

Ich habe ebenfalls den Testtreiber probiert. Ich habe das Limited f1 2018 clubsport lenkrad. Ich spiele auf der PS4
    Mein Problem ist , das die Gänge manchmal nicht Richtig schalten. Der Rest funktioniert top.
    Ich habe gestern dazu ein Video gemacht, werde euch hier den Link reinstellen. Als Test habe ich Japan genommen. In einer Runde taucht das Problem zwischen 2  und 6 mal auf. Mit dem Testtreiber ist die Schaltung nicht mehr so träge, aber das Problem das manchmal ein Gang nicht geht ist weiterhin vorhanden zumindest bei mir.

Mfg Marc Dappert alias Morpheus2311

hier der Link

Hallo liebe Community.

Ich habe ebenfalls den Testtreiber probiert. Ich habe das Limited f1 2018 clubsport lenkrad. Ich spiele auf der PS4
    Mein Problem ist , das die Gänge manchmal nicht Richtig schalten. Der Rest funktioniert top.
    Ich habe gestern dazu ein Video gemacht, werde euch hier den Link reinstellen. Als Test habe ich Japan genommen. In einer Runde taucht das Problem zwischen 2  und 6 mal auf. Mit dem Testtreiber ist die Schaltung nicht mehr so träge, aber das Problem das manchmal ein Gang nicht geht ist weiterhin vorhanden zumindest bei mir.

Mfg Marc Dappert alias Morpheus2311

hier der Link

Dass die Gänge manchmal nicht richtig schalten war ein bekanntes Problem welches mit der neuen Firmware v21 im neuen Treiber 326 behoben wurde. Hast du schon geupdatet?
    @ Joseph
    If you set the wheel to 100 and everything else in the game it still should feel fine and better than before. Of course some adaptions have to be made now but there is no negative side about the change we made. The re-scale needed to be done. The scale was wrong and everything was oversaturated and clipping all the time. Only FF values up to 30~50 gave you reasonable results before.
    But like I said...the scaling is not fully finished but won't change by a wide margin as it did to this FW.
    Definitely not a negative just different. I will test at 100 on wheel when I am back from my trip. Should Auto FFB on the wheel not be used?
    @ Joseph
    Definitely not a negative just different. I will test at 100 on wheel when I am back from my trip. Should Auto FFB on the wheel not be used?
    Not for now because of the changes, find what's best for you.
  • Hi,

So centering issue still happen on this one? still no fixed?
    Hi,

So centering issue still happen on this one? still no fixed?
    Yes, sorry no fix yet but we are currently working on it
  • Fabian MozalFabian Mozal Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Marcel,

i will add also, I'm using Csl Elite Xbox base , and p1 (alcantara) rim, i have no issue on v293 drivers and on the firmware that is on these drivers, all newer drivers and firmware's results centering issue.
  • Olli HoskariOlli Hoskari Member
    edited January 2019
    There are still issues with McLaren GT3 wheel with 326 beta driver:

1. Once updated on the first boot oled display shows SW0000000000000000 at bottom line. Second boot ok, SW 27. Sometimes shows motor revision M0000000000000000000 too and sometimes first 2 rows ok but lower half of the display shows bottom part of F logo.

2. After update when re-calibrating for the first time it freezes in the setup menu and setup menu button stops working completely. After another reboot works ok, some very brief glitches on the oled display though

3. Right hand side up/down switch works only one way

4. Pressing xbox/ps button registers X button (on PS4, don't know what it is on xbox) at the same time.

5. If disconnected (on PS4) it cannot be reconnected without a reboot, sometimes even reboot isn't enough but have to remove the wheel.

So definitely a no-go for 326 if you have a McLaren GT3 wheel.

Tested with CSL Elite PS4
This discussion has been closed.