Fanatec Beta Driver (324) 326 for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 and Formula V2

Comments

• My wheel is unusable in GTS using the 326 driver. Anyone else having this?
  • My wheel is unusable in GTS using the 326 driver. Anyone else having this?
    Consoles dont use drivers, they only use the wheel base firmware ... 
    So do you mean the new firmware 594 is not working? Are you in blue mode?
  • There are still issues with McLaren GT3 wheel with 326 beta driver:

1. Once updated an on first boot oled display shows SW0000000000000000 at bottom line. Second boot ok, SW 27.

2. After update when calibrating for the first time it freezes in the setup menu and setup menu button stops working. After anothor reboot works ok, some very brief glitches on the oled display though

3. Right hand side up/down switch works only one way

4. Pressing xbox/ps button registers X button (on PS4, don't know what it is on xbox) at the same time.

5. If disconnected (on PS4) it cannot be reconnected without a reboot

Tested with CSL Elite PS4
    It clearly says mclaren wheel is not supported in beta drivers

1. Once updated an on first boot oled display shows SW0000000000000000 at bottom line. Second boot ok, SW 27.

2. After update when calibrating for the first time it freezes in the setup menu and setup menu button stops working. After anothor reboot works ok, some very brief glitches on the oled display though

4. Pressing xbox/ps button registers X button (on PS4, don't know what it is on xbox) at the same time.

5. If disconnected (on PS4) it cannot be reconnected without a reboot

Chat support said otherwise today. They said 326 should support both F1LE and McLaren GT3. That's why I gave it a try.
  • Ersan KapErsan Kap Member
    edited January 2019
    Please refer to updated 1st post, it is supported now and I believe any feedback is appreciated by Fanatec people.

I also have a Mclaren wheel on CSW v2.5 and I have a glitch on screen after calibration, reboot solves it. One time wheel lost all of its functions including menu button while I was playing R3E and needed 2 reboots to work again. I'll post again if I have any other problems with the driver.

UPDATE: After a successful reboot all the buttons were responsive but while I was typing the message above all the buttons dead, only clutch pedals and mode switch seems to be working. 

• @ Ruairi
    Please contact our support and let them know what is set within the driver and in the firmware. Adding a video would help a lot. We'll investigate that issue which we cannot reproduce so far.
    ok I've logged it with support with a video showing it, it happened again on first try.
  • But there are many MANY people that are having issues with different rims. Fanatec can't fix the McLaren rim but they can find the time to mess up their Podium series bases and release new rims that don't function correctly. It's not a good look for them. 
    Hi David,

There is no issue of the McLaren Wheel which is not yet fixed or can't be fixed right away. So if anybody still has any issue -> Get in touch with our support and we'll resolve it.

Hi Armin. As I've already said, I've been in contact with support a few times and got different answers from them. None of which fixed my issue. And telling someone who IS having issues with one of your products that there is no issue is bang out of line. I wouldn't have said there was an issue if I wasn't having one. Another prime example of Fanatec "support". Also, a few people I know have the same issue and had the same level of support from Fanatec. Even well known streamers are having issues and don't use the McLaren rim anymore. We're all very disappointed with the hardware we've spent a small fortune on. 

Thanks for the offer but I won't be contacting your support team again. As I said, it's time to move away from Fanatec. I was willing to give your Podium wheel base a shot but since you guys messed that up too......
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited January 2019
    There are still issues with McLaren GT3 wheel with 326 beta driver:

1. Once updated on the first boot oled display shows SW0000000000000000 at bottom line. Second boot ok, SW 27. Sometimes shows motor revision M0000000000000000000 too and sometimes first 2 rows ok but lower half of the display shows bottom part of F logo.

2. After update when re-calibrating for the first time it freezes in the setup menu and setup menu button stops working completely. After another reboot works ok, some very brief glitches on the oled display though

5. If disconnected (on PS4) it cannot be reconnected without a reboot, sometimes even reboot isn't enough but have to remove the wheel.

So definitely a no-go for 326 if you have a McLaren GT3 wheel.

1. and 2. I could reproduce that and give this information to our developer
    3. So pushing left paddle is up- and pulling it is downshift and this works but on the right paddle one of the actions doesn't work? Both paddles have the same mechanical button for up- or downshifting, so when it works on one side both ways, it should work too on the other side.
    4. and 5. also reproduced, thank you 

My wheel is unusable in GTS using the 326 driver. Anyone else having this?
    Can you please tell us which wheel you use and if it's with all your wheels if you have more than one?

But there are many MANY people that are having issues with different rims. Fanatec can't fix the McLaren rim but they can find the time to mess up their Podium series bases and release new rims that don't function correctly. It's not a good look for them. 
    Hi David,

There is no issue of the McLaren Wheel which is not yet fixed or can't be fixed right away. So if anybody still has any issue -> Get in touch with our support and we'll resolve it.

Hi Armin. As I've already said, I've been in contact with support a few times and got different answers from them. None of which fixed my issue. And telling someone who IS having issues with one of your products that there is no issue is bang out of line. I wouldn't have said there was an issue if I wasn't having one. Another prime example of Fanatec "support". Also, a few people I know have the same issue and had the same level of support from Fanatec. Even well known streamers are having issues and don't use the McLaren rim anymore. We're all very disappointed with the hardware we've spent a small fortune on. 

Thanks for the offer but I won't be contacting your support team again. As I said, it's time to move away from Fanatec. I was willing to give your Podium wheel base a shot but since you guys messed that up too......
    Armin said there is no issue that can't be fixed right now so you should contact support again, maybe this wasn't the case when you contacted last time. He didn't say there are no issues at all so he isn't lying.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the offer but I won't be contacting your support team again. As I said, it's time to move away from Fanatec. 
    @ David
    Thank you for your message and your feedback. If you don't want the McLaren issue to get fixed...there is indeed no need to contact support. Whoever still has issue should do that to ensure that we can resolve the problem. I am not telling you that there was or is no issue!? I tell you that all issues are fixed or can be fixed now.
    "Even well known streamers are having issues and don't use the McLaren rim anymore."
    Sorry but that is just not correct. We should stop the conversation now...it makes no sense on this basis. And honestly, I don't even get your point. If you have an issue and you want to report it...please report it to our support and we'll resolve it!? If you don't want to do that, how or why complain about the issue and our support? 

1. Once updated on the first boot oled display shows SW0000000000000000 at bottom line. Second boot ok, SW 27. Sometimes shows motor revision M0000000000000000000 too and sometimes first 2 rows ok but lower half of the display shows bottom part of F logo.

2. After update when re-calibrating for the first time it freezes in the setup menu and setup menu button stops working completely. After another reboot works ok, some very brief glitches on the oled display though

5. If disconnected (on PS4) it cannot be reconnected without a reboot, sometimes even reboot isn't enough but have to remove the wheel.

So definitely a no-go for 326 if you have a McLaren GT3 wheel.

1. and 2. I could reproduce that and give this information to our developer
    3. So pushing left paddle is up- and pulling it is downshift and this works but on the right paddle one of the actions doesn't work? Both paddles have the same mechanical button for up- or downshifting, so when it works on one side both ways, it should work too on the other side.
    4. and 5. also reproduced, thank you 

3. Sorry, I meant the red tip up/down switch on the front side on the McLaren GT3 wheel, not the shifting paddles. But it seems rebooting solved this issue and now it is working both ways.

Happy to help you.
  • please report it to our support and we'll resolve it!? If you don't want to do that, how or why complain about the issue and our support? 
    Oh I don't know. Because I gave you guys almost €1000 of my money? And as I've said many times. I DID contact support and they couldn't help me. They gave me two different reasons for the problems. One was a firmware which I waited for the update of. Still had issues.

"Even well known streamers are having issues and don't use the McLaren rim anymore."
    Sorry but that is just not correct.

So now I'm a liar too? Wow. Good stuff.

please report it to our support and we'll resolve it!? If you don't want to do that, how or why complain about the issue and our support? 
    Oh I don't know. Because I gave you guys almost €1000 of my money? And as I've said many times. I DID contact support and they couldn't help me. They gave me two different reasons for the problems. One was a firmware which I waited for the update of. Still had issues.

Have you sent it in already? There might be a hardware issue that needs to be solved.
    edited January 2019
    David Heavey said: Oh I don't know. Because I gave you guys almost €1000 of my money? And as I've said many times. I DID contact support and they couldn't help me. They gave me two different reasons for the problems. One was a firmware which I waited for the update of. Still had issues.

Sorry, I read "Every well known streamer....". My bad! 
    Whoever (streamer or any of our beloved customers) has an issue with a product and does not get it fixed, will still have the issue, right?

Btw.: You told our support team in your last message about the McLaren that it "is working fine". That was quite a long time ago. I am sure you could easily look up what we replied to this message of yours. 

Again: If you still suffer from an issue, you should finally give us a chance to check the unit and resolve the issue. I would guess that this has a better chance of resolving the situation, instead of not even telling support (who are the guys trying to fix your problem) but complaining in public.

;Olli Hoskari
    Thank you very much for your feedback! We are on it. 

Like we said, this was an experimental driver (v326) release to get the F1 2018 issues resolved. I think that has been achieved now (the doublesteps of the encoder mode are only a cosmetic glitch in the driver, functionality is fine in every software). We now move on to optimize the driver for all recent products to make it a final release.
  • Any chance of knowing when driver 326 will leave beta state? I have the F1LE CSW V2 laying around for over a week without having the chance to use it properly.
  • Any chance of knowing when driver 326 will leave beta state? I have the F1LE CSW V2 laying around for over a week without having the chance to use it properly.
    Why not just using the driver 326? It will work fine with the CSW v2 and your F1 2018 LE Wheel. Also driver 324 already worked (yes, with some issues but those are fixed with driver 326 and the new firmware v21 for the wheel) so there was no need at all to have it laying around for over week...
  • @Armin Habermann

I'm, sorry if this is not the right forum to ask such questions but do you have information regarding full compability of the F1 LE on PS4 and more specific F1 2018? Right now, the 12-way-multi-position-switches and the thumb encoders are not mappable. Is it CMs job to make them functional? They stay silent on this topic.

@ Julian
    Yes, this has to be done by CM. We output a new SDK which supports all these features. This goes to all devs but it is up to them implementing such features. It might be not that easy on PS4 to update the wheel SDK for a game which is already released. But only CM could give more details about that.
    The MPS is a very special input which needs real support. It needs much more implementation than simple support. You need a single value within the game which can take 12 different states. That has not been in the game at all...as far as I know. But as always -> Hardware needs to be there first! Or you'll never get such new features.

Yea, this is not the right thread for such questions:
    1. Use the support chat to get quick answers from professionals ;-)
    2. We will open up the forum more to give you the right place for such important questions
  • Thank you Armin, really appreciate your answer!
    Why not just using the driver 326? It will work fine with the CSW v2 and your F1 2018 LE Wheel. Also driver 324 already worked (yes, with some issues but those are fixed with driver 326 and the new firmware v21 for the wheel) so there was no need at all to have it laying around for over week...
    The thing is: I don't want to be messing around with beta drivers that are, lets say, not final drivers. If the final driver is eventually be available, then I prefer to wait for it, as long as it doesn't take too much longer.
  • David HeaveyDavid Heavey Member
    edited January 2019
    Btw.: You told our support team in your last message about the McLaren that it "is working fine". That was quite a long time ago. I am sure you could easily look up what we replied to this message of yours.

It was working fine after the beta firmware. For all of three days. It was all working fine too when I took delivery of the rim. For all of two days.
    Any chance of knowing when driver 326 will leave beta state? I have the F1LE CSW V2 laying around for over a week without having the chance to use it properly.
    The thing is: I don't want to be messing around with beta drivers that are, lets say, not final drivers. If the final driver is eventually be available, then I prefer to wait for it, as long as it doesn't take too much longer.
    If your F1 wheel is just laying around because of that, give the 326 driver a go, update the Base Firmware and then update your F1 Wheel to Firmware 21 please. If you have trouble with an issue, just switch back to the earlier driver and flash the firmware of the base back to the old one you've used, there is nothing you would break permanently. If you have a McLaren Wheel as well, don't update the FW there and you should be fine. If there is something we are here to help. No pressure, just want you to enjoy your F1 wheel ;-)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @ Joseph
    If you set the wheel to 100 and everything else in the game it still should feel fine and better than before. Of course some adaptions have to be made now but there is no negative side about the change we made. The re-scale needed to be done. The scale was wrong and everything was oversaturated and clipping all the time. Only FF values up to 30~50 gave you reasonable results before.
    But like I said...the scaling is not fully finished but won't change by a wide margin as it did to this FW.
    Hi Armin,

Just tested the settings and after resetting default /calibrating PCars2 in game and wheel ffb at 100 it feels really good ! Going to test the other games with the same approach.
  • I tried the V326 driver last night and updated the CSL Elite base. I did not update the rim firmware (McLaren), however as soon as I was in the race session (rF2), no button was working any longer. A reboot of the wheel while in the game made the buttons functional again, but then the FFB was dead. I rolled back to V311 driver and its firmware.
    I tried the V326 driver last night and updated the CSL Elite base. I did not update the rim firmware (McLaren), however as soon as I was in the race session (rF2), no button was working any longer. A reboot of the wheel while in the game made the buttons functional again, but then the FFB was dead. I rolled back to V311 driver and its firmware.
    Thanks for trying, we are working on a fix for the McLaren
  • edited January 2019
    PS4 pro does not recognize CSL Elite Wheel Base + in "Purple" mode after firmware v324 and v326 upgrade, wich was the way to make wheelbase being recognized in WRC 6 game and after same upgrade I lost all ffb in the Dirt Rally game (blue PS4 mode).
    With v311 firmware all this was ok.
  • Hi there,

I still got issues with the F1 2018 wheel. Updated already the base firmware (326) and the wheel firmware (21). It works fine until it switches into the tuning menu for no reason and it keeps doing this very often. (Game was Assetto Corsa Competizione, but should not be game-related)

Any suggestions? Thank you.
  • Sorry if this is a dumb question... how do you update the wheel firmware... is it done automatically by the fanatec updater? I saw it updating the base.

This is my first fanatec wheel and products... I just have the 2018 LE wheel and a CSW 2.5 base. I found the driver 324 which I flashed and ran without issues for an hour the other day when I installed and used everything the first time. Should I go to driver v326 or wait for the next one?

Thanks,

Dave
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Sorry if this is a dumb question... how do you update the wheel firmware... is it done automatically by the fanatec updater? I saw it updating the base.

This is my first fanatec wheel and products... I just have the 2018 LE wheel and a CSW 2.5 base. I found the driver 324 which I flashed and ran without issues for an hour the other day when I installed and used everything the first time. Should I go to driver v326 or wait for the next one?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi David, When you load the Fanatec software under “update”you will see separate updates for the base and rim if there are any available.
    edited January 2019
    To all McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel owners!

Attached you can find the new Firmware V28 to which you should update your McLaren Wheel when using Driver 326!

Issues that should be fixed with V28 (please give us your feedback if you come across any issues)
    - Freeze when booting the Wheel Base with the McLaren Wheel attached
    - Buttons stop working after some time

How to update:
    1. Open the driver UI
    2. Switch to the "Update" tab
    3. Choose "Update Steering Wheel Firmware"
    4. press "Connect"
    5. use the three dots "..." to select the file "RMcL_V28_rev31_app.hex" contained in the .zip attached to this post.
    6. "Flash Firmware"
    7. Wait until the process is done and the Wheel Base restarted
    8. Close the Firmware Update window

Thank you for testing.
    Hi there,

I still got issues with the F1 2018 wheel. Updated already the base firmware (326) and the wheel firmware (21). It works fine until it switches into the tuning menu for no reason and it keeps doing this very often. (Game was Assetto Corsa Competizione, but should not be game-related)

Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Hi, I'm hearing this for the first time.
    - Did you experience that also before those 2 drivers and firmware 21?
    - Does it happen when you use other buttons ore completely on it's own?
This discussion has been closed.