Fanatec Beta Driver (324) 326 for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 and Formula V2

Comments

• Been using the CS V2 F1 along with the CSW 2.5 base for a couple of hours now and so far everything seems to be working fine, shift issues gone and rotary knob on pulse mode also ok. Below are the drivers and firmware I used:

PC driver: 326
    WB FW: 592
    SW FW: 21
    Are you sure about WB FW is 592? I have 594. I'm asking to maybe test this FW because I still got the issue, that the wheel is going into the tuning menu randomly. I just made a new test in AC:
    Approx. 8-10 minutes the wheel was working fine. Then it switches into the Tuning menu again. I recalibrated it and it works another 8-10 minutes. Going on (with no recalibration) it worked 2-3 minutes, and then 1-2 minutes. So it seems that the time between the random switches is decreasing.
    Yep, WB FW is 592. I tried to force an update but a pop up showed up saying I have the latest WB FW so I couldn't update to 594. Maybe 594 is for another WB, I guess.
    yes, all wheel bases have different firmware numbers so its very likely that one of you have a CSW v2.5 with a firmware number 592 and the other has a CSL Elite PS4 with a firmware number 594 I guess?
  • Hi Armin,

I can replicate what Fred wrote about the buttons stopping to work with the V28 firmware for the McLaren rim. When I rolled back to V311/V25 everything was working again. I haven't tested the V311/V28 combination though, maybe worth a try to isolate the problem further.
    Just to confirm: The McLaren with V28 firmware works flawlessly with driver 311 and WB V475 (CSL Elite Xbox).
  • Been using the CS V2 F1 along with the CSW 2.5 base for a couple of hours now and so far everything seems to be working fine, shift issues gone and rotary knob on pulse mode also ok. Below are the drivers and firmware I used:

PC driver: 326
    WB FW: 592
    SW FW: 21
    Are you sure about WB FW is 592? I have 594. I'm asking to maybe test this FW because I still got the issue, that the wheel is going into the tuning menu randomly. I just made a new test in AC:
    Approx. 8-10 minutes the wheel was working fine. Then it switches into the Tuning menu again. I recalibrated it and it works another 8-10 minutes. Going on (with no recalibration) it worked 2-3 minutes, and then 1-2 minutes. So it seems that the time between the random switches is decreasing.
    Yep, WB FW is 592. I tried to force an update but a pop up showed up saying I have the latest WB FW so I couldn't update to 594. Maybe 594 is for another WB, I guess.
    yes, all wheel bases have different firmware numbers so its very likely that one of you have a CSW v2.5 with a firmware number 592 and the other has a CSL Elite PS4 with a firmware number 594 I guess?

Ah yeah thats it. Sorry, haven't read that your base is a csw (I have the CSL PS4). THe issue is still up. Base works fine with the P1 wheel.

• Hi guys,

Just be aware , i too have the Mclaren GT3 wheel with the shifting issues since August last year.

At one time it worked for over 4 weeks straight using it at least 2 hrs every day before it started playing up, so i would wait a lot longer before confirming fixes. 
  • Hi Armin,

I can replicate what Fred wrote about the buttons stopping to work with the V28 firmware for the McLaren rim. When I rolled back to V311/V25 everything was working again. I haven't tested the V311/V28 combination though, maybe worth a try to isolate the problem further.
    Just to confirm: The McLaren with V28 firmware works flawlessly with driver 311 and WB V475 (CSL Elite Xbox).
    Can anyone confirm this for the CSL Elite PS4 combination?
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Ersan Kap said:
    Scratch my previous post, I also have issues with Mclaren rim(CSW2.5/PC, v326, fw28), buttons quit working after sometime randomly. Rolling back to v312, fw25.
    Thanks for trying and the feedback, we are on it.

Hi guys,

Just be aware , i too have the Mclaren GT3 wheel with the shifting issues since August last year.

At one time it worked for over 4 weeks straight using it at least 2 hrs every day before it started playing up, so i would wait a lot longer before confirming fixes. 
    If you have shifting issues for this long you should contact support if it's coming back and it's happening with old and new firmware versions.
  • Hi Armin,

Can anyone confirm this for the CSL Elite PS4 combination?
    I can't see the point using this combination since you cannot use F1 V2 with 311 and McLaren works just fine with 311 driver set.
  • edited January 2019
    Olli Hoskari said: I can't see the point using this combination since you cannot use F1 V2 with 311 and McLaren works just fine with 311 driver set.

Well, if we get a new driver package for all wheels and wheel bases, it should work, shouldn't it? 
  • Please solve the off center issue! Thanks guys for the f1 fix btw
  • I have contacted support multiple times and sent it back for repair in December for this shifting issue.

2 weeks after getting it back it started doing it again , so i am in contact with support again now.

Could this new version fix my issues ? , as i was lead to believe it was hardware as they said they fitted a new part to my wheel.

I guess i'll just try it.
    • PC
    • CSL Elite Wheel Base + for PS4
    • ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018
    • PC Driver: 326 BETA
    • Wheel Base Firmware: 594
    • Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 0
    • Steering Wheel Firmware: 21

Did the updates, won't be able to test until tomorrow, but I'm worried about my Wheel Base Motor Firmware version of 0.  Surely that can't be right, can it?  I tried updating it again, restarting, and it stayed at 0.

PJ Gaudie said:
    • PC
    • CSL Elite Wheel Base + for PS4
    • ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018
    • PC Driver: 326 BETA
    • Wheel Base Firmware: 594
    • Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 0
    • Steering Wheel Firmware: 21

Did the updates, won't be able to test until tomorrow, but I'm worried about my Wheel Base Motor Firmware version of 0.  Surely that can't be right, can it?  I tried updating it again, restarting, and it stayed at 0.

Thanks for the detailed overview. Wheel Base Motor Firmware should be 18. Have you also updated the the Motor Firmware marked in yellow using 326? For me it worked but if you can't fix it with 326, try to update the Motor Firmware with an older Driver Version, it was FW v18 there too.

• I sometimes get the motor firmware reported as 0 as well. But i just turn off the base and on again, it will then show 18 for me.
    This is using driver 326 package.
  • I sometimes get the motor firmware reported as 0 as well. But i just turn off the base and on again, it will then show 18 for me.
    This is using driver 326 package.
    Thank you.  Was about to try Marcel's instruction above (which I had already tried), but then exactly this happened!  All is good.  About to test.
    This is using driver 326 package.You are not the only one with this issue. I have to turn my base on and off 2 or 3 times to get it to work.

• edited January 2019
    I never used it with FW 0, I just reboot so it shows correct version. I only use the F1 2018 LE wheel. I always turn on the base with wheel attached.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited January 2019
    Was soll das denn. Ihr verspricht uns das beste System für die ps4 und ich lese überall nur Fehler hier Fehler da. Ich habe auch das Problem mit der motorfirmware. Mal wird 018 angezeigt mal 0. Herr Schulze sagte mir nur das sie das Problem nicht reproduzieren können. Also bitte Leute. Wir zahlen so viel Geld und bekommen dafür nur fehlerhafte Produkte.
    Dear Mr. Ersöz,

please understand that I do have to remove all this posts now. This thread is about a destinct topic we are working on with our community. Our support is in 1:1 contact to resolve the issue and our technician needs your help to get it done. The problem will not be resolved without your cooperation. It makes no sense either to hijack this thread and distract every participant from the original topic. You are already in touch with the best possible contact there is.

I sent you the whole conversation into your own comment section within the forum if you want to pick it up via PM.

Thx for your undestanding!
  • @ Bernd and Daniel
    Same...please cross check your McLaren with other firmwares. If you have ALWAYS been suffering from such an issue...please get in touch with our support. If there is another software version which does not show such a problem. Switch to this version again...for 2-3 days, or even a week. Make sure the issue is gone. Then switch back to this new version again and let us check if the problem re-appears. We need to isolate the root cause. 

THX!
    I downgraded from v326/SWFw28 back to v311/SWFw25 (because this worked before) but now I got still the same issues.
  • John CaetanoJohn Caetano Member
    edited January 2019
    For those having shifting issues, do you by chance have SLI MAX Pro (http://www.eksimracing.com/new-slimax-manager-pro/) or Fanaleds installed?

I originally had shifting issues playing the F1 2018 game.  Than I uninstalled these.  That alone did not help.  After remapping my shifting buttons to different buttons on the McLaren wheel, the new buttons worked just fine.  Only the up/down were faulty prior to remapping.  After a bit i than remapped the shifting buttons back to the paddles and didnt have any issues since.

After about 4 days I reinstalled SLI MAX Pro and played F1 2018 again, the random shifting issues started again.  In this case when i hit the shifting paddle the button got stuck pressed until i hit a different button.  Restarting the base fixed it and so far after a couple hours of testing no issues so far but time will tell....

Anyways I bring this up because i honestly feel like the shifting issues being reported are not directly impacted by these "hardware failures" but possible a software/firmware issue....  I've been trying my best to replicate different things to test it but not having much success at the random shifting issues like i originally saw.

Any tips or data you would want specifically as i test further?  By the way this has mostly been tested on 311 although when i originally encountered the issues and reflash the wheel base + rim to new version 326 it did not help.   So what I really want to know is that if it was a software/firmware issue, would re flashing reset the rim completely where this would not be true?
  • Bonjour à tous, est-ce que cette mise à jour fonctionne pour ps4 csl élite F1 ? Ça sa me dit que le pilote 21 ne fonctionne pas avec mon F1... Merci
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Bonjour à tous, est-ce que cette mise à jour fonctionne pour ps4 csl élite F1 ? Ça sa me dit que le pilote 21 ne fonctionne pas avec mon F1... Merci

Hi Karim, Please keep to English on this forum. Yes it does work however please read the updated information on the first post of this thread. ;) Merci
  • Hi there !

I'm finally at home and I'm super excited to test my 2 brand new christmas presents : "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018" AND "CSL Elite McLaren GT3". I playon PS4 with my CSL Elite and I'm not sure to understand. The only driver compatible with the F1 rim is the 324 but it is not compatible with the McLaren ? And the driver 311 is compatible with the McLaren rim but not the F1 rim ?

Thx
  • Hi there !

I'm finally at home and I'm super excited to test my 2 brand new christmas presents : "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018" AND "CSL Elite McLaren GT3". I playon PS4 with my CSL Elite and I'm not sure to understand. The only driver compatible with the F1 rim is the 324 but it is not compatible with the McLaren ? And the driver 311 is compatible with the McLaren rim but not the F1 rim ?

Thx
    no. Driver 324 is already outdated and replaced by driver 326. This contains a very importan Wheel Rim firmware v21 for the F1 rim which fixes Shifting Issues.
    If you want to also use the McLaren you have to update your McLaren Wheel Rim Firmware to v28, you can find it at page 1 of this thread with a instruction how to install it.
    With v28 the McLaren should work. However, some users reported button loss issues so its possible that the McLaren is still not functioning 100% with driver 326. A fix is in the works and should be released in a few weeks - until then maybe its best for league races to stick to the F1 rim for now until all McLaren issues are resolved.
  • Thank you so much for those infos !

As I really want to try the McLaren I will stick to the 311 driver for now. For the F1 rim, I will wait for a stable version that is compatible with the two rims ;)
  • KARIM GHOUALI a déclaré:
    Bonjour à tous, est-ce que cette mise à jour fonctionne pour ps4 csl élite F1? Ça me dit que le pilote 21 ne fonctionne pas avec mon F1 ... Merci

Bonjour Karin, S'il vous plaît garder à l'anglais sur ce forum. Oui, cela fonctionne cependant, veuillez lire les informations mises à jour sur le premier message de ce fil de discussion. ;) Merci
    MERCI

• So the problem with the motorfirmware being 0 some time occurs for me aswell with the driver 326. Im running the F1 LE on a CSW V2.5.

Just to report it here 
    :)>-
    @ Bernd and Daniel
    Same...please cross check your McLaren with other firmwares. If you have ALWAYS been suffering from such an issue...please get in touch with our support. If there is another software version which does not show such a problem. Switch to this version again...for 2-3 days, or even a week. Make sure the issue is gone. Then switch back to this new version again and let us check if the problem re-appears. We need to isolate the root cause. 

THX!
    I downgraded from v326/SWFw28 back to v311/SWFw25 (because this worked before) but now I got still the same issues.
    Did you also downgrade the Base FW?

Bonjour à tous, est-ce que cette mise à jour fonctionne pour ps4 csl élite F1 ? Ça sa me dit que le pilote 21 ne fonctionne pas avec mon F1... Merci
    CSL Elite F1 doesn't need a firmware. Firmware 21 is only for the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018.
    CSL Elite F1 n'a pas besoin de firmware. Le micrologiciel 21 concerne uniquement le volant ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018.
  • edited January 2019
    I still have double shifts with my F1 2018 Limited Edition Rim on my CSW 2.5 and with Beta 3.26, not so much as with 3.24 but still not acceptable and dissapointing for such an exclusive rim.
    I still have double shifts with my F1 2018 Limited Edition Rim on my CSW 2.5 and with Beta 3.26, not so much as with 3.24 but still not acceptable and dissapointing for such an exclusive rim.
    Which Base and Steering Wheel Firmware do you have installed?
This discussion has been closed.