Introducing the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

Comments

• Hi All, I am curious to know if the multi position switches on these new rims can be setup to function where each position controls a different adjustment. For example position 1 is brake bias, position 2 is tc, position 3 is abs, position 4 is fuel mix and so on. When in one of these positions you then press a secondary separate button to increase the value and another button to decrease the value. I hope this makes sense. Cheers
  • Does anyone else get double upshifts or downshifts with their LE?
    I'm using it in Assetto Corsa Competitzione and occasionally get double shifting or unregistered upshifts.

I'm going to reduce the throw on the shift paddles like Brandon Powell above but I don't see what two bolts and nut are on back of shifter for this? There is only one nut on back of mine and no flat head screw for anything.

Anyone care to post a video of how it's done please?
    I'm using it in Assetto Corsa Competitzione and occasionally get double shifting or unregistered upshifts.

I'm going to reduce the throw on the shift paddles like Brandon Powell above but I don't see what two bolts and nut are on back of shifter for this? There is only one nut on back of mine and no flat head screw for anything.

This is an issue with driver 324 and the Rim firmware 19. Please install driver 326 and flash the rim to firmware 21 and see if it solves your shifting issues.

Have you flashed the rim with latest firmware? V21.
  • Thank you both. I have not done this, I wasn't aware it was a known issue or that there was new firmware out. I'll try it.
  • I've now updated to new driver 326 and firmware 594 and 21.
    Haven't tested in game yet, but I see in the control panel the multi position switches sometimes jump two places for one click still.

Had to do 3 separate updates for all this, can it not be done in one go?
  • I've now updated to new driver 326 and firmware 594 and 21.
    Haven't tested in game yet, but I see in the control panel the multi position switches sometimes jump two places for one click still.

Had to do 3 separate updates for all this, can it not be done in one go?
    1. This a known issue still and should only occur in Encoder Mode I believe.
    2. no, this cant be done in one update because a driver cant automatically update firmwares. You still need to force them for every product you have.
  • ok thanks.
    I just had a long session in ACC and the double/missed shifting issue is fixed now. Thanks!

• News has broken out that conversion of the F1 2018 LE Rim is encrypted and any subsequent rim for that matter. Thomas, I would like to know why Fanatec has taken this stance in choosing to NOT let user's know that your new rims cannot be converted to use with OSW. You had dozens of people buy these special rims to effectively be a $350 paper weight. Considering your comments a few months back that you supported these type of conversions why the change? Obviously you want a closed eco system now but its a shame Fanatec was not up front with and told the truth that new rims would be locked down and letting people waste their money. Who knows if they will do the same with the Mclaren Rim. I hope you guy's re-consider this approach as there's lot's of users that enjoy your rims whether they use it on a podium base or OSW.
  • Hi! 

Looking forward to this rim! Have the CSL Elite for PS4 since before but can't use that with my Xbox. Loving it with with GT Sport and Assetto Corsa on PC though.

Curious whether all preorders will be shipped on 15th of February? When will we see reviews? :-)

Thanks!
  • Hi Armin and Marcel, Can these new rims can be setup to function where each position controls a different adjustment. For example position 1 is brake bias, position 2 is tc, position 3 is abs, position 4 is fuel mix and so on. When in one of these positions you then press a secondary separate button to increase the value and another button to decrease the value. I hope this makes sense. I realise the games would need to implement this but is it possible for the MPS to work like this? Cheers
  • that's possible if the game supports button combinations. In that case, you need to set up the rotaries to send a static signal, select assign for the appropriate control, then switch the rotary to the desired position and press the secondary button you want to use.

Hope that helps
  • that's possible if the game supports button combinations. In that case, you need to set up the rotaries to send a static signal, select assign for the appropriate control, then switch the rotary to the desired position and press the secondary button you want to use.

Hope that helps
    That sounds promising, thanks for the info. I think that is how the F1 cars used to do it in the late 90s through to before the hybrid era.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Armin and Marcel, Can these new rims can be setup to function where each position controls a different adjustment. For example position 1 is brake bias, position 2 is tc, position 3 is abs, position 4 is fuel mix and so on. When in one of these positions you then press a secondary separate button to increase the value and another button to decrease the value. I hope this makes sense. I realise the games would need to implement this but is it possible for the MPS to work like this? Cheers
    This is already supported in iRacing. You could also download JoyToKey and make combinations by yourself.
  • Hi Armin and Marcel, Can these new rims can be setup to function where each position controls a different adjustment. For example position 1 is brake bias, position 2 is tc, position 3 is abs, position 4 is fuel mix and so on. When in one of these positions you then press a secondary separate button to increase the value and another button to decrease the value. I hope this makes sense. I realise the games would need to implement this but is it possible for the MPS to work like this? Cheers
    This is already supported in iRacing. You could also download JoyToKey and make combinations by yourself.
    Thanks for that Dom, good to know it is possible. I reckon I downloaded joytokey a number of years ago but never used it much, will look into this, cheers.
  • Got my 2018 Limited Edition rim today.  Seems they ran out of yellow buttons and are substituting tangerine orange instead.  Really throws off the look of the rim. Also pictured the real yellow button that is on my BMW rim.  

Anyone else run into this?  I am waiting to here back from support.  
    hahahahahahahaha,.... hahahahhaha...

sorry man but it's funny hahahahahaa....
  • Hello everybody. The F1 2018 LE is a nice looking wheel. Unfortunately I can’t use it on my DD. That’s why I was forced to sell it. Thomas, why you don’t offer a version for us ? Since years you don’t care about all the customers who are using the different wheels on a OSW DD. So many people ordered the limited edition ore the V2. For nothing. Even worse is that you even didn’t inform us on your homepage „in ADVANCE“ !!! WHY Thomas, WHY ??? Between the Black Friday and the beginning of January was a long time.... That’s the only reason why I’m so disappointed about you Thomas and the politics behind Fanatec
  • Hello everybody. The F1 2018 LE is a nice looking wheel. Unfortunately I can’t use it on my DD. That’s why I was forced to sell it. Thomas, why you don’t offer a version for us ? Since years you don’t care about all the customers who are using the different wheels on a OSW DD. So many people ordered the limited edition ore the V2. For nothing. Even worse is that you even didn’t inform us on your homepage „in ADVANCE“ !!! WHY Thomas, WHY ??? Between the Black Friday and the beginning of January was a long time.... That’s the only reason why I’m so disappointed about you Thomas and the politics behind Fanatec
    It's getting more and more obvious to me that there is a market for a Fanatec wheel to USB adapter with a bolt pattern that would allow it to be mounted to a DD wheel and a USB cable hanging out of it.

No reason this peripheral can't be made, I'd expect it to cost $250+, but you could then use any DD base with fanatec rims.

I wonder the number of people willing to pop for DD2 wheels v the number of simucube wheel users that would immediately join the fanatec rim ecosystem. I'd assume there is significantly more margin in the wheels than the bases. The engineering on my proposed adapter (effectively a wired version of the DD1/2 QR with a bolt pattern and a cord), likely isn't trivial but does have a great starting place.
  • @Joel Barsotti.

They exist and you can find them here:
    Yes but they don't get fanatec firmware and driver updates for new features as they launch.
  • Ooooh, my F1 2018 LE is in the post, any other Aussies got theirs on the way?
  • Awesome, my LE rim, has just turned up! Shame I won't get to see it until after work, even bigger shame I won't get to use it until the DD1 is released!
  • Just opened it up and WOW, that is one well engineered bit of kit, the photos dont do it justice!
  • I am wondering if Formula V2 is more rigid then F12018 LE steering wheel... the bottom part surely will increase stiffness since they are big holes in the upper parts for buttons and very big holes for vibration motors in the middle parts of the handles.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I am wondering if Formula V2 is more rigid then F12018 LE steering wheel... the bottom part surely will increase stiffness since they are big holes in the upper parts for buttons and very big holes for vibration motors in the middle parts of the handles.

The structure of both wheels are metal so they’ll be quite solid regardless of the opening at the bottom.
  • I am wondering if Formula V2 is more rigid then F12018 LE steering wheel... the bottom part surely will increase stiffness since they are big holes in the upper parts for buttons and very big holes for vibration motors in the middle parts of the handles.
     I have my F12018 LE since end of december and using it nearly every day. I have absolutely no stiffness issues so far. It's very solid.
  • Maxime MIGNOTMaxime MIGNOT Member
    edited January 2019
    The opening at the bottom would not worry me at all if it wasn't for the holes I am talking about ; please take a look at the mockup made from a CSW Formula black where only the bottom was edited (the V2/F1 LE front plate is now made of 5mm thick carbon fiber instead of aluminum by the way).

It might not be an issue today using it with current bases, but what about several years later using it with Direct Drive? I get the impression the closed bottom part of the V2 could help maintain stiffness with the drilled upper and middle parts.
  • edited January 2019
    The opening at the bottom would not worry me at all if it wasn't for the holes I am talking about ; please take a look at the mockup made from a CSW Formula black where only the bottom was edited (the V2/F1 LE front plate is now made of 5mm thick carbon fiber instead of aluminum by the way).

It might not be an issue today using it with current bases, but what about several years later using it with Direct Drive? I get the impression the closed bottom part of the V2 could help maintain stiffness with the drilled upper and middle parts.
    In general you are right, the bottom part would increase the stability, no question. But thats not a point which i would worry about in the first place. :-) I think the included electronics or mechanical buttons and switches would fail way before the inside structure breaks. I think it also depends on how the forces that come from the wheelbase and the forces that come from the drivers hands take effect on the overall structure. And these are mainly rotating/vibration-like forces and not forces that are "strongly bending" the handles (unless you are someone who pulls the steering wheel in the direction of your body very much while driving). All the other parts which are disassembled in the picture are mostly "just" plastic (i think) but some of them are also improving the overall stability a little bit at the "weak points" that you mentioned if they are screwed on the metal/carbon plate.
  • So I see the shipping date has been put back by over a week now to the 28th February.  Any reason Fanatec as some of us have pre-ordered this and I know the Direct Drives are seriously overdue so are we going to expect issues with the V2 wheel also?