Fanatec Beta Driver (324) 326 for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 and Formula V2

Comments

• I still have double shifts with my F1 2018 Limited Edition Rim on my CSW 2.5 and with Beta 3.26, not so much as with 3.24 but still not acceptable and dissapointing for such an exclusive rim.
    I have also 2.5 and F1 18 LE. This is my versions (works fine)

PC Driver: 326 BETA
    WB FM: 592
    SW FW: 21
    Wheelbase Motor Firmware: 18
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited January 2019
    Hello McLaren GT3 owners

Attached to this post you can find the new Steering Wheel Firmware V30 for the McLaren GT3

Changelog:
    - Fixed freeze on boot up
    - Fixed button detection issue

Installation:
    1. You have to have driver 326 installed and the newest firmware for your Wheel Base
    2. Open the driver UI and go to the "Update" tab
    3. Choose "Update Steering Wheel Firmware"
    4. Click on "Connect"
    5. Browse the file "RMcL_V30_rev38_app.hex"
    6.  Then "Flash Firmware"
    7. After your wheel base booted up again you can close the Firmware Updater
    Please test this firmware and post your feedback here.
  • Daniel EvansDaniel Evans Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello McLaren GT3 owners

Attached to this post you can find the new Steering Wheel Firmware V30 for the McLaren GT3

Changelog:

Installation:
    1. You have to have driver 326 installed and the newest firmware for your Wheel Base
    4. Click on "Connect"
    No Update on the wheel centring issue on the csl elite? still unable to use my f1 limited edition due to racing competitively
  • I have no such centering issues on my csl elite + with the F12018 LE wheel on the latesty driver 326 firmware package.
  • I have no such centering issues on my csl elite + with the F12018 LE wheel on the latesty driver 326 firmware package.
    Me either until I come in contact with a kerb! It's a known issue.....
  • Hello McLaren GT3 owners

Changelog:

Installation:
    4. Click on "Connect"
    I first want to say thank you for all the hard work and effort in getting this sorted, I for one really appreciate it! The issue I still have is the toggle switches on both rims. Using the 311 wheel base drivers (which is not compatible with the LE F1 rim) the toggles work in both directions, when I update the wheel base to 326 I loose the up position for the toggles. This happens on the McLaren and LE rim.
  • Hello McLaren GT3 owners

Changelog:

Installation:
    4. Click on "Connect"
    I first want to say thank you for all the hard work and effort in getting this sorted, I for one really appreciate it! The issue I still have is the toggle switches on both rims. Using the 311 wheel base drivers (which is not compatible with the LE F1 rim) the toggles work in both directions, when I update the wheel base to 326 I loose the up position for the toggles. This happens on the McLaren and LE rim.
    ***Note*** Other than this on initial testing the base feels great no freezing issue at this time, padels shift as designed and wheel started up on the first try with no problems. I will give it more long-term testing in tomorrow night and Saturdays events.
  • I have a Clubsport shifter connected to shifter1 port and a second sequential shifter connected to shifter2 port. I just noticed that when i connect F1 2018 steering wheel, up and down shift on a sequential shifter in shifter2 port switch. Up is down and down is up. But only if Clubsport shifter is in H-pattern. If i switch Clubsport shifter to sequential mode than secondary shifter works like it should. This only happens with F1 2018 wheel. With all other steering wheels it works fine. 
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    No Update on the wheel centring issue on the csl elite? still unable to use my f1 limited edition due to racing competitively
    Even F1 eSport pro series is using the same FW so it is definitely not undrivable. The wheel is never more than 3° off 1090°. We are still working on it to get this finally resolved.
    edited January 2019
    Sorry but what is LE F1 Rim? Could we please stick to the names or product codes of the devices?

Please mention:
    What goes wrong (toogle up not working where?)

Which software combination works? Driver Version / Base FW Version / Wheel FW Version?
    Which software combination does not work and shows the issue? Driver Version / Base FW Version / Wheel FW Version?

@ ALL
    Please always mention:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
    Driver Version: ....
    Base FW Version: ....
    Wheel FW Version: ....

...in every post when you send feedback. 
    Additionally you should describe the issue as short as possible and how to reproduce it.
    To report a clear FW issue, ALSO mention the SW combination which does not lead to the issue.
    Optional: You could cross check and further narrow down the issue to one piece of the software.

Thank you!

I have a Clubsport shifter connected to shifter1 port and a second sequential shifter connected to shifter2 port. I just noticed that when i connect F1 2018 steering wheel, up and down shift on a sequential shifter in shifter2 port switch. Up is down and down is up. But only if Clubsport shifter is in H-pattern. If i switch Clubsport shifter to sequential mode than secondary shifter works like it should. This only happens with F1 2018 wheel. With all other steering wheels it works fine. 

Perfect description. Please report that to our support team the same way. We need to focus in here. Please not forget to mention base model ID and SW versions as well as the info if that is only happening with this beta software. That has been missing.
  • Going to try the update today on the PS4 CSL Elite base and McLaren wheel from the v311 to the latest beta.
    I couldn't find this information so I don't think it is needed, but still wanted to be sure ;). With the base driver 326 do I also need to update the pedals (load cell)?

Something I noticed in the opening post on how to update. Maybe you could change it? Not an big issue, but some people are following the guidelines and this could be confusing.

UPDATE: Driver V326 and FW V28 for McLaren released
    FW V30 already :)

- You have to use FW V28 attached to this post for the McLaren Wheel
    5. use the three dots "..." to select the file "RMcL_V28_rev31_app.hex
    V30 and rev38 already :)
    edited January 2019
    @Michel Bosch
    Thx for your feedback. You are rigth...we refinded the first post. We still need feedback about FW V30 for the McLaren Gt3. So please spread the word about this beta software. 
  • Sorry but what is LE F1 Rim? 
    That would be referring to the "Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 2018", the yellow Limited Edition.2018"
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): PS4 CSL Elite
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): McLaren
    Driver Version: 326 BETA
    Base FW Version: 594
    Wheel FW Version: 30

Tested with PS4 and Project CARS 2. I always used the firmware's which comes with the V311 installation. 
    So far everything feels good, and when I upshifting to 6th gear it is shown as 6 in the oled screen instead of N. In the past contacted support and we tested some things, but I never got it fixed from showing 6 instead of N. It is solved with this firmware update :)

These problems I found so far.
    - Buttons 11 and 13 are not working. They worked with V311
    - When pressing button 10 to return to PS4 home screen, button 9 is also activated. In my case button 9 is linked to the windscreen wipers and when I press button 10 the wipers get activated. I did not noticed this behavior with V311.

I connected to wheelbase to an computer and there all the buttons are working as it should be. Looks like something between the base and the PS4 communication.
    Noticed the new tuning menu entry MPS_FNC. Think this will not work on PS4?
  • No Update on the wheel centring issue on the csl elite? still unable to use my f1 limited edition due to racing competitively
    Even F1 eSport pro series is using the same FW so it is definitely not undrivable. The wheel is never more than 3° off 1090°. We are still working on it to get this finally resolved.
    It's perfectly centre until I hit kerb and it off by about 15 degrees and then re centres after the next corner it's a strange issue but I know it firmware related has I don't have the issue with firmware v293 I can provide you with a video of this.
  • Ryan MillerRyan Miller Member
    edited January 2019
    System PS4 Pro
    Wheelbase  CSL elite PS4
    Rim F1 LE and BMW GT2
    Driver 326 beta
    Wheel base firmware 594
    WB motor 18
    F1 has V21

I can't get the wheelbase to work in purple mode for games like dirt rally. Just nothing happens , the PS button does not work, the game does not respond. It acts like it does not see it. 

I had the same issue with 324 and updated it today to see if that would fix it. 
  • Tried the v30 for the McLaren now several hours yesterday and today and didnt had any issues with it. No button loss, no boot freeze, no missing buttons or whatsoever. Absolutely flawless on PC.

• I first want to say thank you for all the hard work and effort in getting this sorted, I for one really appreciate it! The issue I still have is the toggle switches on both rims. Using the 311 wheel base drivers (which is not compatible with the LE F1 rim) the toggles work in both directions, when I update the wheel base to 326 I loose the up position for the toggles. This happens on the McLaren and LE rim.
    Sorry but what is LE F1 Rim? Could we please stick to the names or product codes of the devices?

Please mention:
    What goes wrong (toogle up not working where?)

Which software combination works? Driver Version / Base FW Version / Wheel FW Version?
    Which software combination does not work and shows the issue? Driver Version / Base FW Version / Wheel FW Version?

@ ALL
    Please always mention:

...in every post when you send feedback. 
    Additionally you should describe the issue as short as possible and how to reproduce it.
    To report a clear FW issue, ALSO mention the SW combination which does not lead to the issue.
    Optional: You could cross check and further narrow down the issue to one piece of the software.

Thank you!

Wheel Base: CSL Elite PS4
    Platform: PC
    Firmware experiencing the issue: All >311
    Issue: Toggle Switches 11 & 13 only operate in the down push position while in game. Toggles operate normally in the driver application software but loose half function in game
    Case App: RaceRoom Racing Experience (Only titled effected, not an issue in Assetto Corsa Competizione)
    Case Point: Issue Not Present On Wheel Base driver 311 while in/out of game, but only when updated to higher drivers so speculating this is not a hardware or game developer issue. With new drivers the up function of the toggles are not recognized and can't be mapped.

Issue Present With These Properties
    Driver 326 beta
    Rim: F1 Limited Edition and Mclaren 
    Rim Firmware: 30
    Wheel base firmware 594
    WB motor 18
    Game: RaceRoom Racing Experience 

Just finished a 2hr race event and the wheel felt better than it has in a long time with this new driver. No input or screen freezing, no needing to restart the wheel multiple times and able to navigate the wheel functions on the fly in game, so for me the only issue is the toggles 11 &13 not being fully mappable in game as they are with the 311 set of drivers/firmware.
    Game: RaceRoom

I can't get the wheelbase to work in purple mode for games like dirt rally. Just nothing happens , the PS button does not work, the game does not respond. It acts like it does not see it. 

I had the same issue with 324 and updated it today to see if that would fix it. 
    Long press the Mode Button in this firmware and drivers. R&D is playing around with modes....the "new yellow" mode should work in Dirt Rally right now.
    It's perfectly centre until I hit kerb and it off by about 15 degrees and then re centres after the next corner it's a strange issue but I know it firmware related has I don't have the issue with firmware v293 I can provide you with a video of this.
    Really strange...sounds like a hardware issue but if you are 100% sure that this does not happen with driver v293 (this is no FW version!)

Again...always mention!
    I can only suggest that you test with latest driver + lastest FW. Then old driver + old FW and then new driver + old FW and old driver + new firmware. Then we know where the issue is coming from.
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): PS4 CSL Elite

- When pressing button 10 to return to PS4 home screen, button 9 is also activated. In my case button 9 is linked to the windscreen wipers and when I press button 10 the wipers get activated. I did not noticed this behavior with V311.

So you say that the toggle switches (tilt up) are not working on PS4 but on PC they do?
    Wesley says that the toggle switches (tilt up) are not working on PC at all?

Can you both please re-check this feedback. Something might be wrong here.
  • edited January 2019

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL E WB (PS4 version)
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CS SWFORM V2 18
    Base Motor FW Version: 18
    Wheel FW Version: 21

Got the exact same strange issue when hitting kerbs or doing fast steering wheel turns (through corners or while catching a car) It happens not every time but quite often and its annoying. The wheel looses center position and is around 15 degree off (plusminus 10, worst case so far was about 45 degrees). After turning the wheel left and right multiple times or driving through the next corner with enough steering wheel angle it gets the correct center position back (with sometimes around 2 oder 3 degrees still off). I also got this problem before the CS SWFORM V2 18 was released, using the CSL E RW PS4 rim with driver version 311 and the firmware versions for base etc. that come with this driver. I dont have experience with older drivers because i have bought the base when 311 was the newest driver version in november 2018.
  • Daniel EvansDaniel Evans Member
    edited January 2019
    Really strange...sounds like a hardware issue but if you are 100% sure that this does not happen with driver v293 (this is no FW version!)

Again...always mention!
    I can only suggest that you test with latest driver + lastest FW. Then old driver + old FW and then new driver + old FW and old driver + new firmware. Then we know where the issue is coming from.
    base csl elite
    rim formula carbon and limited edition
    Firmware v326

its a firmware issue. my friends are suffering the same issue. surely all our base ain't broken... I 1st noticed the issue with v311 firmware and its appears in all the firmware released (V311 V312 V324 V326) the Only firmware there is no issue like this is V293.
    we are all currently using fanatec driver v293 it eliminate this effect or glitch its really quite annoying. i have mentioned this numerous times
  • Wesley StokesWesley Stokes Member
    edited January 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): PS4 CSL Elite

So you say that the toggle switches (tilt up) are not working on PS4 but on PC they do?

Just performed another test on both the McLaren & Limited Edition CS SWFORM V2 Rim's, I can confirm that with driver/firmware D 326, RF 30, WF 594 and WBMF 18 the up function of toggle 11 & 13 are un-addressable in Raceroom Racing Experience on PC platform. 

In the last test from my previous post I deleted all Fanatec software from my PC and downloaded the 311 Wheel Properties app from the product page for the Mclaren rim and installed this into my base first and then the rim. With the 311 I had full functionality off the up and down position of the toggle switches 11 & 13. As 311 is not compatible with the CS SWFORM V2 rim I can't confirm on that wheel. 

On a separate note, during my testing of both wheels today I found that the button on both wheels that allow you to enter the tuning menu are showing up as addressable options for assignment in RaceRoom. I had highlighted a function but before I assigned it to a normal button I clicked the tuning menu button to to check a setting and that button showed up as ID: 1 B28 assigned to the brake bias increase setting. I was able to assign the menu settings button to any function in the button assignments in RaceRoom, on both rims. I am including this just as a note, not sure if it has any barring on some of the present issues, but feel its worth mentioning.

Also this is something that I forgot to mention as I have not been able to use the CS SWFORM V2 rim much due to needing to run 311, but the right rotatory encoder (Not the multi-position switches) on the FORM V2 is not assignable also. I have the left one assigned to the traction control up/down function in RaceRoom, but unable to get the right one to register, in game, in ether direction. The do show up as functioning on the wheel properties page so this doesn't seem to be a hardware issue as well.

Hope this information helps, thanks for all the hard work.

***UPDATE***
    Previous test on the CS SWFORM V2 was done with firmware 19. Retested all mentioned issues after updating to FW 21, No change, all issues still present.
  • edited January 2019
    I can confirm the toggle switches up and right Thumb are not possible to bind in Raceroom - neither with the McLaren (for toggle up) or the V2. I think this is because of the needed button mapping change of the toggle switches to get the buttons of the McLaren equal to the Formula v2 because previously the up toggle switches of the McLaren were buttons 7 and 8 and now they are button 33 and 34 - same as Formula v2. Toggle switches down is 31 and 32.
    However, I have no problems in other games to map the toggle switches.

I dont know for sure but is it possible that R3E can only register up to 32 buttons? I know some old games only support a max button input of 32 buttons and this would also explain why you cant map the right Thumb Encoder in R3E because this has buttons 35 and 36 where the left Thumb has buttons 21 and 27 and this would also explain why you cant even map the MPS in Pulse mode in R3E because they all have button numbers above 32.

So for me this looks like a Game issue/limitation of the Game engine and nothing which can be fixed by a firmware update at all.

Overall I think this new McLaren firmware is now very stable. Drove another 4 hours with it today and did not had any issue.
    Only possible open issue would be what Michel Bosch reported that when pressing the XBox Start button to return to PS4 home screen then also the A button is activated. I cant confirm this as I have no PS4 anymore...

Toggle switch up and down are not working on the PS4. When I attach the wheel to the PC and use the application which comes with the Fanatec driver I cant test if everything works and yes the toggle switch up and down are working in the application. I don't have any race games on the PC, so I can not test it with an race game.

Tested the wheel today for an couple of hours and except the toggle switch and the Start button mapped to the A button it is working fine.
    Friday I have an Endurance race for 2 hours and will report back on how that goes :)
  • Wheelbase: CSLE PS4
    Rim: McLaren
    Driver: 326
    WB fw: 594
    Rim fw: 30

Control panel tests (30min):

Issue: left analog paddle not linear.

With the left analog paddle the last 3 squares (analog paddle mode) appear more slowly, indicating the paddle is not linear anymore at the end of the travel.
    Right paddle doesn't have this issue.
    The issue occurs in other modes like brake/throttle (= brake not linear at end) or clutch/handbrake (clutch not linear at end).
    The issue is also visible in DIview and also in assetto corsa options.
    I was wondering if it could come from a previous tweak within DIview (I sometime use it to make brake or gaz not linear) but after testing some DIview tweaks (= playing with min/max/center value in calibration menu of an axis) I saw they were not affecting the Fanatec driver CP so DIview shouldn't be the origin of this issue.

Known issue: MPS missed input or double input (not checked ingame yet, only in driver CP for now)

Working:

- all buttons work
    - no blinking in CP on long press (10sec) or when pressing several buttons at the same time
    - encoder fast turning works perfect now (like when setting SEN fast in OLED menu)
    - all OLED menus are working flawlessly
    - no freeze after letting the CSLE WB rest powered during 2 hours.

Assetto corsa testing (1 hour):

No issue found, no shifting paddle double input or missed input, no wheel decentering noticed.

So far this new Mclaren fw seems very good. Next I will test the MPS and toggle switches ingame with ACC.
  • Wesley StokesWesley Stokes Member
    edited February 2019
    I can confirm the toggle switches up and right Thumb are not possible to bind in Raceroom - neither with the McLaren (for toggle up) or the V2. I think this is because of the needed button mapping change of the toggle switches to get the buttons of the McLaren equal to the Formula v2 because previously the up toggle switches of the McLaren were buttons 7 and 8 and now they are button 33 and 34 - same as Formula v2. Toggle switches down is 31 and 32.

I dont know for sure but is it possible that R3E can only register up to 32 buttons? I know some old games only support a max button input of 32 buttons and this would also explain why you cant map the right Thumb Encoder in R3E because this has buttons 35 and 36 where the left Thumb has buttons 21 and 27 and this would also explain why you cant even map the MPS in Pulse mode in R3E because they all have button numbers above 32.

So for me this looks like a Game issue/limitation of the Game engine and nothing which can be fixed by a firmware update at all.

Overall I think this new McLaren firmware is now very stable. Drove another 4 hours with it today and did not had any issue.
    Only possible open issue would be what Michel Bosch reported that when pressing the XBox Start button to return to PS4 home screen then also the A button is activated. I cant confirm this as I have no PS4 anymore...
    Don't really understand this, in RaceRoom I have all the buttons on the CS SWFORM V2 assigned in game, an additional 16 keyboard keys assigned and 5 rotorary encoders on a DS button box. I removed the rotorary assignments but still unable to get the thumb rotorary to work.
  • edited February 2019

PS4 pro does not recognize CSL Elite Wheel Base + in "Purple" mode after firmware v324 and v326 upgrade, wich was the way to make wheelbase being recognized in WRC 6 game and after same upgrade I lost all ffb in the Dirt Rally game (blue PS4 mode).
    With v311 firmware all this was ok.
    Reading further up in forum: Long press on mode button. give new "Yellow" mode on wheelbase! Problem solved! :D

• edited February 2019

Don't really understand this, in RaceRoom I have all the buttons on the CS SWFORM V2 assigned in game, an additional 16 keyboard keys assigned and 5 rotorary encoders on a DS button box. I removed the rotorary assignments but still unable to get the thumb rotorary to work.
    I have read through this a bit on google and my initial thought is correct. R3E has a problem with devices with more than 32 buttons and you need a 3rd party tool to assign the buttons correctly. This is per device, therefore you can also have 16 additional keyboard keys and 5 rotary encoders of a DSD Button Box because those are other devices but you would get the same problems with a button box which has more than 32 buttons where you would also only be able to map buttons 1-32 and nothing more.

Therefore every button over 32 of the Formula V2 rim or the McLaren rim cant be assigned in R3E (which are the toggle switches up on both sides and the right Thumbencoder on the Formula v2 as well as the MPS buttons).

So every device with more than 32 buttons makes these problems in R3E, its a game engine thing and nothing which can be fixed with a firmware update.
This discussion has been closed.