Fanatec Beta Driver (324) 326 for ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 and Formula V2

Comments

• edited February 2019

@Michel Bosch: Is there an option on console for a custom wheel setup? PCARS has some hardcoded buttons in the wheel presets, this might cause your issue. I had similar problems on PC (with other buttons though).
    Usage only on PC

Wheel Base Model (product ID): PS4 CSL Elite
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): McLaren GT3
    Driver Version: 326 BETA
    Base FW Version: 594
    Base Motor FW: 18
    Wheel FW Version: 30

I am testing the new FW 30 with Mclaren Wheel since 4 Days now, until now i did not have any Problems.
    ( have driven a few hours every day in different games, iracing, AC, ACC, Racerroom)
    With FW 27&28 i had Problems with Buttons not working after 1 or 2 Days.

So with FW 30 for the mclaren wheel, its the longest Time with the new driver where i didn´t have the Buttons Problem, and everything else is working normal

Same here! No issues so far, I am running the CSL Elite PC/XBox though.
  • Michel Bosch said:

With this firmware I have the problem with the toggle switches not working.
    Second problem is that pressing the Xbox start button also simultaneous activates the A button.
    Hi Michael,
    thank you for this great report. Can you please slighty update us to let us know where the toggle switches did work before and don't now.
    Can you please tell me if the Xbox Start button combined with the A button only happens on XBO? Or where are they now mapped together?

Thank you very much!
    The toggle switches are working with:

PC driver: 311 BETA (download link https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_64_driver_311.msi)

Firmware  version: 476

Motor Firmware version: 18

McLaren Rim Firmware version: 25

And it is not working with:

PC driver: 326 BETA

Firmware  version: 594

McLaren Rim Firmware version: 30

Can you please tell me if the Xbox Start button combined with the A button only happens on XBO? Or where are they now mapped together?

It is on the PS4 and I only have an PS4.

What do you mean with you'r last question?

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited February 2019
    Michel Bosch said:

With this firmware I have the problem with the toggle switches not working.
    Second problem is that pressing the Xbox start button also simultaneous activates the A button.
    Hi Michael,
    thank you for this great report. Can you please slighty update us to let us know where the toggle switches did work before and don't now.

Thank you very much!

PC driver: 311 BETA (download link https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_64_driver_311.msi)

This issue will be solved with the next driver package and contained Wheel Base firmware

EDIT: I mean the issue on PS4 using the McLaren wheel that pressing the (xbox)PS button also activates (A)X. That is addressed already
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator

Ok, great...this is very clear now. The only question would be if it that is the case in EVERY PS4 game or only in one or the other. To give you some background information:
    The PS4 games have something like a (Fanatec, Logi...) wheel driver in it. And sometimes this is not updated anymore. So if a feature in FW is updated it won't fit anymore to the "PS4 driver" within the game. If this does not get updated then, we might be in trouble. 

• Can you please tell me if the Xbox Start button combined with the A button only happens on XBO? Or where are they now mapped together?

This issue will be solved with the next driver package and contained Wheel Base firmware

EDIT: I mean the issue on PS4 using the McLaren wheel that pressing the (xbox)PS button also activates (A)X. That is addressed already
    Great news :)

Ok, great...this is very clear now. The only question would be if it that is the case in EVERY PS4 game or only in one or the other. To give you some background information:
    The PS4 games have something like a (Fanatec, Logi...) wheel driver in it. And sometimes this is not updated anymore. So if a feature in FW is updated it won't fit anymore to the "PS4 driver" within the game. If this does not get updated then, we might be in trouble. 
    I could install Assetto Corsa, but have no idea if the game is official supported by Fanatec. Will try it tonight.
  • The toggle switches are working with:

Tested Assetto Corsa on the PS4 and it is the same as with Project CARS 2

• Update

Wheel Base Model: PS4 CSL Elite
    Steering Wheel Model: McLaren GT3
    PC gaming.

The two red up down switches have an issue. Down is working fine, Up is not.
  • Update

Wheel Base Model: PS4 CSL Elite
    Steering Wheel Model: McLaren GT3
    PC gaming.

The two red up down switches have an issue. Down is working fine, Up is not.
    Which game? As said, the button mappings for both toggle switches for the "up" position was changed from 7 & 8 to 33 & 34. You have to re-map the toggle switches in game, then they should work again in all games. Only game which has issues with them is R3E because that game only supports up to 32 buttons for now, therefore buttons 33 & 34 for the switches up cant be mapped in that game. R3E needs a game patch to fix this.
  • edited February 2019
    Maurice Böschen
    Thanks for the reply
    Yeah its happening at R3E, but i went back to 311 drivers and 476, 18, 25 and it works fine.
    So you think Raceroom needs a patch and not the wheel driver?

Ok i will contact them.

• Maurice Böschen
    Thanks for the reply
    Yeah its happening at R3E, but i went back to 311 drivers and 476, 18, 25 and it works fine.
    So you think Raceroom needs a patch and not the wheel driver?

Ok i will contact them.

yes, as it was discussed here already one page back this is a game issue because R3E can only handle up to 32 buttons and with the new base firmware 594 there was an update to the toggle switch "up" button mapping from 7/8 to 33/34. Therefore its not working anymore with base firmware 594 but its still working with base firmware 476 because with the old base firmware the toggle switches up were buttons 7 and 8. Fanatec Support already said they are in contact with Sector3 to help them to update their game engine to finally support more than 32 buttons per device. This is a game issue since it was released, nothing Fanatec can patch with a new firmware. But yeah, the more people contact Sector3 regarding this issue, the higher is the chance they finally update their ngame code.. ;-)
    edited February 2019
    About the toggle switches:

1. Raceroom and all other PC games:
    The button mapping had been corrected. Therefore the buttons moved pass the 32 Button limit which needs special support. The game(s) have to be updated and I heard already from the Raceroom development Team that they are working on an update.

2. PS4
    The button mapping of the McLaren was also changed here to have one uniform mapping with the Formula V2. This was a necessary change since the wheels would be badly supported by games if they need unique and different mapping. Exchanging the wheels from one to the other would be a pain as the mapping would also change. Therefore the games will need the new Fanatec PS4 SDK to make the toggle switches work on both wheels properly now. 

So...this is no "issue by definition" and we do have to live with the consequences. I am sorry but there is no other way to get this resolved properly. It is a step we have to take. I hope you understand that there is no alternative to this approach and that we are implementing the very best solution for you and for the future. We do not have any agenda which is disconnected from your wishes and needs. We do our very best to get the hardware supported in the best possible way -> FOR YOU :-)
  • About the toggle switches:

2. PS4
    The button mapping of the McLaren was also changed here to have one uniform mapping with the Formula V2. This was a necessary change since the wheels would be badly supported by games if they need unique and different mapping. Exchanging the wheels from one to the other would be a pain as the mapping would also change. Therefore the games will need the new Fanatec PS4 SDK to make the toggle switches work on both wheels properly now. 

So...this is no "issue by definition" and we do have to live with the consequences. I am sorry but there is no other way to get this resolved properly. It is a step we have to take. I hope you understand that there is no alternative to this approach and that we are implementing the very best solution for you and for the future. We do not have any agenda which is disconnected from your wishes and needs. We do our very best to get the hardware supported in the best possible way -> FOR YOU :-)
    Not the news I wanted to hear :(
    For Projects CARS 2 (PS4) it is already known that there won't be any updates for the game. Or could Fanatec have any influence in it to make an update for the wheel driver ;)
    If you only own an McLaren rim and want the toggle switches to work, then the only option is to stay on the official released firmware version: 476 and the McLaren Rim Firmware version: 25

It is what you say, we have to live with it. Thanks for looking in to it. Michel is going back to the 476 and 25 firmware's.
    edited February 2019
    @ Michael
    We already tried but heard that there won't be another update of pCars 2 on PS4. Maybe that changes if the community clearly requests it from SMS...don't know. Hard to say.

I hope you understand that this is a necessary investment into the future and that everybody incl. you will later benefit from this unification. We thought about compromises and other options but none would have been flawless and this is definitely the one which is as future proof as our ecosystem can be.

@ All
    The known/reported issues are massively depleted already and I expect that we will provide a release candidate driver/fw package as the next steps. We should start a clean thread for that. The only known and open issues so far are:
    • CSL E WBs can be 3° off (should be optimized in next release - if somebody wants to test already, send me a PM)
    • PS4 Modes on WB+ and CSL E Racing wheel for PS4 might be changed again from this beta
    • 5th Button box of UHX not yet working (hope that we can fix that also within the next release)
    • Toggle switch "issues" - explained above
    • ANY OTHER OPEN FW issues? If you find a problem...please verify and report as requested

Thank you very much for your great software development support!!
  • So I noticed last night my ClubSport F1 2018 wheel in the PC calibration program (where you go to check if everything is working, calibrate the pedals and download new firmware. Sorry not at home atm and not very tech savvy) That the two rotary encounters at the bottom sometimes miss when you turn it almost as if the plastic switch is turning without turning the actual switch underneath. Has anybody else encountered this? I only play on PS4 and most just play F1 2018 so they aren’t usable right now anyway so I don’t use them at all right now anyway. Driver: 326 Base FW: 576 Motor FW: 18 Rim FW: 21
  • csl elite for ps4 Driver 311 Fw 476 McLaren gt3 V25 Motor V 18 Turner when on with gt3 rim. When it did its usual boot up where it rotates wheel. It was spinning as crazy fast speeds like it was almost going to snap the wheel base shaft. I quickly unplugged the unit. Hasnt done it since .
  • Hello,

how do I make the two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-colour LEDs which can indicate tyre slip, fuel level, or incoming Radio working?
    Not even in the Game F1 2018 it shows yellow flags etc.
    Am I´m missing something?
    Also SLIManager and Fanaleds don´t use the LEDs on that wheel yet.
  • Hello,

how do I make the two flag LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-colour LEDs which can indicate tyre slip, fuel level, or incoming Radio working?
    no game and no software actually supports the FlagLEDs. You need to wait for game patches (most likely only new titles will support them natively because AC or Project CARS 2 for example dont get any more updates and wont support them natively) or software updates of FanaLEDs and SLIMax...
    edited February 2019
    Hello,

The Flag LED features must be implemented by game developers first which didn't happen yet. They have to implement our new SDK and link those features to their in-game functions. We are in close contact to the developers and work with them to achieve this, but it needs some time because they all have very though time plans where this has to be squeezed in. If you want to accelerate this process or make a developer aware that there is interest in those features it can always help to let them know in a friendly way.
  • Thanks for your reply!
    I did already asked Kunos friendly to implement this feature for the new Assetto Corsa Competizione, but I expected it would work in F1 2018 already.
  • Please test this firmware and post your feedback here.

Please list Issue reports within this thread!

Thank you!

Error 

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Update Mode
    Connected to device successfully!
    Collecting device information......
    Device information is updated!
    -- WARNING -- Cannot flash firmware, incompatible with the current update mode!

• Please test this firmware and post your feedback here.

Please list Issue reports within this thread!

Thank you!

Error 

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Update Mode
    Connected to device successfully!
    Collecting device information......
    Device information is updated!
    -- WARNING -- Cannot flash firmware, incompatible with the current update mode!

Because you loaded the McLaren Firmware. But you use a Formula V2 wheel. Can't work. You don't have to load any file manually for the Formula wheel. If you are on v19 and want to update to v21 just click flash firmware without loading anything
  • Oh yeah, you are right, of course.

Now it works, thank you!!!
    no game and no software actually supports the FlagLEDs. You need to wait for game patches (most likely only new titles will support them natively because AC or Project CARS 2 for example dont get any more updates and wont support them natively) or software updates of FanaLEDs and SLIMax...
    Will get in touch with those guys asap to make sure they have a Formula V2 sample to implement the feature :-) Normally they are much faster than any big game developer. Lets hope they have time and passion to do it quickly!
  • Just looking to get some clarification on which driver to load as this thread has gotten pretty long.   I have a Formula 2018 LE still in the box but would like to set it up this weekend with my CSWv2.5

Wondering which firmware version I should be loading for this wheel that corrects the shifting issues, etc.  ?   v324  or   v326  ?
    Thanks in advance, Bruce
  • 326 bruce than update the wheel firmware to 21
    Just looking to get some clarification on which driver to load as this thread has gotten pretty long.   I have a Formula 2018 LE still in the box but would like to set it up this weekend with my CSWv2.5

Wondering which firmware version I should be loading for this wheel that corrects the shifting issues, etc.  ?   v324  or   v326  ?
    Thanks in advance, Bruce
    Hi, we keep the first post up to date so please download 326 for your Formula wheel. If you have a McLaren as well you should download the firmware v30 for it.

After you've installed the driver 326, you go to the update tab in the driver UI and update first the CSW Base Firmware without the Formula wheel attached. Then you attach your Formula wheel and update the Steering Wheel Firmware. If you have a McLaren you update the Steering Wheel Firmware as well, but choose the downloaded file manually.
  • edited February 2019
    PC use only:

My McLaren GT3 Wheel is 3 days old and developed the shifter issue on the second day. No heavy use. Shifting up either miss-shifts or double shifts. Downshifting seems to be working, only a few times I have noticed it doing the same as the up-shifter. The P button have not responded 1 time that I remember. 

Sim: iRacing

Setup when issue started:

Driver Version: 311 BETA
    Base FW Version: 476
    Wheel FW Version: 25

Issue still exists with the following:

I have created a ticket with support, waiting for the weekend to pass so I can receive an answer. 

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Best Regards
    Simon

EDIT: Found a video from someone who is experiencing the same issue. He clicks and the click is not always registered.

• So I ran into a similar issue where changing Firmware had no affect.  I tested a few different things where at first nothing helped.  But after 2 days and multiple changes, the issue completely went away and had not come back.  They are asking to RMA the unit howver because it seems to have fixed itself i really want to think it's hardware related.

The last change I made which seemed to fix it afterwards is i temporary changed my in-game controls to shift with the top left and right thumb buttons instead as a workaround.  After i could of laps and playing this way i decided try remap the paddles back and BAM!  It was fixed.  Maybe just luck but keep trying different things to see if it helps.  Dont assume its a hardware failure if possible.

Also please report back if trying this has helped.  I've asked people to test and report back and never heard back.  Also if using software like MAX or FanaLEDS try to uninstall those as well which i did and cannot be sure if it was related or not.  Just another thing to try....

Good luck!
  • Just for the record i switched back to the 311 driver and that is where it resumed working and has been since...  But did not happen right away...
    edited February 2019
    @ Simon
    thx for your post. But if it turnes out that FW has and driver has no effect on the issue...posting in here does not help that much. But everybody should check issues like that to speed up support cases.

@ John
    We do not know of any other root cause than hardware or firmware related to McLaren shifting issues. The firmware part is solved with the latest software. The hardware part has to be checked by our support. But of course...the theoretic possiblility might always be there that unique environments in terms of hardware or software can cause new, different and similar looking issues.

@ ALL
    We are working now on a new release candidate beta driver which should be released within the next 1-3 days. It will include:

• UHX button box 5 fix
    • CSL Elite Wheel Base de/recalibration issues (especially the 3° off bug)
    • CSW V1 sen limit bug fixed
    • PS4 compatibility modes reworked (how to engage them)
    • CSL E WBs...maximum damper was too weak
    • XBO FFB scaling fixed (ffb was too high/clipping/oversaturated on all WBs)
    • McLaren GT3 and Formula V2 wheel toogle switches unified (can temporarily cause issues in PS4 and PC games if they support only 32 buttons - games need to be updated)
    And even more... ;-)

Please re-visit this sub forum within the next days to help us testing this release candidate beta package. We would live to gain your feedback to make sure we can release this package as a new final driver/firmware for all current products back to the CSW V1 :-)

This discussion has been closed.