Fanatec Beta Driver V327 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels) - Release Candidate!

Comments

• Unfortunately, I can not tell the difference. I thought the last update was ok. The middle position was not that bad. but is still on gt sports. 2 to 3%. I just hope that the problem with the ps button is resolved. csl elite for ps4. P1 rim
  • Unfortunately, I can not tell the difference. I thought the last update was ok. The middle position was not that bad. but is still on gt sports. 2 to 3%. I just hope that the problem with the ps button is resolved. csl elite for ps4. P1 rim
    I hope this time that I have kept to the rules this time
  • edited February 2019
    @Armin Habermann my opinion is to leave the ffb 200 setting, for XB only, in the menu. Cause I felt 100 in game and 100 at the wheel, ffb, is a tad to weak in some cars, with AC. So it's nice to can adjust it some more ;)
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Antoine
    Lets see...maybe we reduce it to 150 later but for now it is just fair to keep it like this. If you set FF to 100 in the tuning menu a 100% force effect from the game will exactly use 100% of motor torque. So there would not be any need for headroom. If you set it higher the FFB will be compressed. But as I said. Some customers might be used to that already and some might like it. But 200 should not be necessary. Lets see ;-) 
    Thx for the feedback.

@ Ercan
    Thank you for your feedback!
  • edited February 2019
    @Armin Habermann concerning the McLaren button freezing issue. I kept the wheel on since I've played on the XBO yesterday. Booted it up at 4pm yesterday, and checked it just now. I can still use the wheel after 23h straight being powered in XB mode that is. I also didn't detect any other issue playing AC. Gonna test the McL wheel on pc tonight and keep the wheel powered on again and check it once more tomorrow, and will do the same for PS4 mode after that.
  • Installation works without problems. ( CSL Elite Wheel Base, Driver V327, Firmware V621)  After a few hours of testing with iRacing, everything works fine!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Armin

Thanks for the update. I actually found running between 100-130 perfect for most games. 200 felt like overkill and as you mentioned oversaturated. As Antoine said, maybe leave the option there and limit it to 150 for those wanting that much ffb.

• Haven't tested this yet (been lazy) but good thing if they have lowered ffb gain/level on Xbox's side. There has always been something strange with Xb's ffb compared to PS or PC-side.

Good example is how ie in AC/Xbox One I have put my CSW v2's ffb somewhere around 15-17 to able to drive normally, over that and spring ffb etc is way too high to drive. And then same game in PS4's side, I can put ffb around 60-80.

Also Forzas has always had way too high spring effect/something strange in centre which ruins driving quite a much.

But as said, interesting to see how this driver/fw change things.  
  • Today I will test this new driver and firmware on iracing. I just installed it and what I can say is too aggressive drift mode. on drift mode 3 the steering wheel behaves very aggressively. goes to the left and right like crazy . Is it normal?
    edited February 2019
    Today I will test this new driver and firmware on iracing. I just installed it and what I can say is too aggressive drift mode. on drift mode 3 the steering wheel behaves very aggressively. goes to the left and right like crazy . Is it normal?
    Please read the first post:

Known and verified issues:
    - Wheel center calibration button combination does not work if the right button (joystick push) is pressed first
    - Drift Modes for CSL E WB (XBO, PC) and CSL E WB+ are not yet properly refined - +3 is already too strong
    - PS Button does also press the X button input on CSL E WB+ (PS4) when P1 or UHX are used
  • Today I will test this new driver and firmware on iracing. I just installed it and what I can say is too aggressive drift mode. on drift mode 3 the steering wheel behaves very aggressively. goes to the left and right like crazy . Is it normal?
    Please read the first post:

Known and verified issues:
    - Wheel center calibration button combination does not work if the right button (joystick push) is pressed first
    - Drift Modes for CSL E WB (XBO, PC) and CSL E WB+ are not yet properly refined - +3 is already too strong
    - PS Button does also press the X button input on CSL E WB+ (PS4) when P1 or UHX are used
    Thank you Armin. I'm sorry I did not read this description carefully. today I will test the driver and let you know what my feelings are. thank you in advance
  • Tried to install install beta 327 on my system consisting of PC, Universal Hub for xbox one, V3 pedals, V2.5 wheelbase. After install I could not get the wheel to calibrate. Said CAL on hub but pressing the cal buttons nothing happened. Firmware on WB says 620 and motor says 18. When running Fanatec Wheel Property page the wheelbase is not shown. Looking at USB devices in Windows the Wheelbase says driver error. How do I recover...
  • Did you remove the old driver package before installing the new one?
  • edited February 2019
    Tried to install install beta 327 on my system consisting of PC, Universal Hub for xbox one, V3 pedals, V2.5 wheelbase. After install I could not get the wheel to calibrate. Said CAL on hub but pressing the cal buttons nothing happened. Firmware on WB says 620 and motor says 18. When running Fanatec Wheel Property page the wheelbase is not shown. Looking at USB devices in Windows the Wheelbase says driver error. How do I recover...
    You need to be in PC mode and you need to be in the Tuning Menu (!!!, many forget to open the tuning menu). Should work by pressing the button combo of the Hub, NOT the button boxes.
  • Gary PershallGary Pershall Member
    edited February 2019
    In PC mode, RED light on, in tuning menu, S_1 displayed on wheel, pressing 3 dash button and A on wheel nothing happens. Windows does now see the wheelbase after reboot and wheel seems to work ok in IRacing so guess manual CAL not needed.

• Did you remove the old driver package before installing the new one?
    Yes
  • Just like Ercan stated above:

The PS- Button works as the x button at the same time. So when you press the PS and then return to the game, whatever menu you were on before is then open.

WB CSL Elite for PS4
    Rim: P1 Elite
    Pedals: V3 inverted

Windows 10 64 bit

Tested: Gran Turismo Sport

Driver 327
    WB 622
    Motor 018

• Just like Ercan stated above:

The PS- Button works as the x button at the same time. So when you press the PS and then return to the game, whatever menu you were on before is then open.

WB CSL Elite for PS4
    Rim: P1 Elite
    Pedals: V3 inverted

Windows 10 64 bit

Tested: Gran Turismo Sport

Driver 327
    WB 622
    Motor 018

As you can read in the known issues.... This issue is already known and doesn't have to be reported anymore ;) they are already looking into it
  • As you can read in the known issues.... This issue is already known and doesn't have to be reported anymore ;) they are already looking into it
    Yup, and they argued for a few days that he may just have been to stupid to install the update properly and that this couldn´t be. So I just wanted to report it anyway to illustrate that this IS a fault in the RC and not imaginary.
  • edited February 2019
    As you can read in the known issues.... This issue is already known and doesn't have to be reported anymore ;) they are already looking into it
    Yup, and they argued for a few days that he may just have been to stupid to install the update properly and that this couldn´t be. So I just wanted to report it anyway to illustrate that this IS a fault in the RC and not imaginary.
    In the 13th post of this thread they already confirmed that they could reproduce the issue and that they are already on it. Therefore it's listed in the known issue list. All issues listed there don't habe to be reported anymore. Ercan just wasn't that precise in reporting the problem, therefore they asked him to be more precise, that's all. And this happened within 13 hours so not a few days...
  • As you can read in the known issues.... This issue is already known and doesn't have to be reported anymore ;) they are already looking into it
    In the 13th post of this thread they already confirmed that they could reproduce the issue and that they are already on it. Therefore it's listed in the known issue list. All issues listed there don't habe to be reported anymore. Ercan just wasn't that precise in reporting the problem, therefore they asked him to be more precise, that's all. And this happened within 13 hours so not a few days...
    Sorry. in the future I try to be more specific. was just a bit disappointed in the past. meanwhile I love the fanatec wheel. The new updates convey a good driving experience. Pedals are also insane (csp v3)
  • In PC mode, RED light on, in tuning menu, S_1 displayed on wheel, pressing 3 dash button and A on wheel nothing happens. Windows does now see the wheelbase after reboot and wheel seems to work ok in IRacing so guess manual CAL not needed.

Yes it is needed. But somewhere above, Armin said to push the left button, 3 dashes, a bit earlier than the A button. Otherwise the wheel won't calibrate.
  • Wheel Base Model/ CSL E Base
    Steering Wheel Model/ RMcL GT3
    Driver Version: 327
    Base FW Version: 621
    Wheel FW Version: v30

fühlt sich gut an, habe nur das problem mit doppelschalten.
    bin wieder zum treiber 311 zurück.
    schade.
    hoffe konnte helfen.

feels good, only have the problem with double switching.
    I'm back to the driver 311 back.
    what a shame.
    hope could help.

lg

• John HaJohn Ha Member
    edited February 2019
    Confirmed my ps3 UXH button box 5 is fixed. 

Joy2key doesn't see the button box 5 buttons 39, 40 & 41.  Any tips or ideas?
  • Can anyone please tell me what the MPS FNC CONST and PULSE are for ? Ive just updated to this firmware for my McLaren rim and found these options , what should and how to use these?
  • Fabian MozalFabian Mozal Member
    edited February 2019
    Yesterday I tested new drivers and firmware in iracing, and issue with decentering does not occur. besides, I noticed that ffb is slightly weaker but more precise. The most important is that the problem with decentering has been resolved, now I'm waiting for the problem to be solved with drift mode.

Kind Regards
  • Can anyone please tell me what the MPS FNC CONST and PULSE are for ? Ive just updated to this firmware for my McLaren rim and found these options , what should and how to use these?
    The Multi purpose switches on both sides of the display can now be set to constant signal or pulse signal
  • @ William
    Thank you for your suggestions. I have not seen such a request in years and I am not sure if this should or can still be integrated now. But thank you for bringing up this point.

Thank you for the acknowledgement Armin!
    I have owned my CSW V2 for years, but due to the lack of "Centering Spring" setting it has been sitting in its box for far too long. It got old having to swap out what should be the BEST wheel base that I own for a inferior wheel base just because it lacks the "Centering Spring" setting! Honestly I have a lack of understanding why this option is NOT included in your settings???
    I truly HOPE that this setting can be included in your future software!?
    Will the DD1/DD2 & DD1PS4 have a "Centering Spring" option? There is not a single Direct Drive wheel on the market that lacks a "Centering Spring" setting, I hope you will offer it as well...especially sense I have 2 of your Direct Drive wheel bases on preorder now!

• Hi,

Is this meant to work with the USB Adapter?  I have a handbrake connected via the USB adapter and now can't see it... 

Cheers,
    AP
    Wheel Base Model/ CSL E Base
    Steering Wheel Model/ RMcL GT3
    Driver Version: 327
    Base FW Version: 621
    Wheel FW Version: v30

feels good, only have the problem with double switching.
    I'm back to the driver 311 back.
    what a shame.
    hope could help.

Sorry but this does not yet help. Can you please try to isolate the issue to driver (unlikely, wheel fw or base fw) and let us know which works well and which does not. This would help us to resolve the issue. But, we cannot reproduce a fw dependent issue related to the paddles so far,
This discussion has been closed.