Fanatec Beta Driver V327 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels) - Release Candidate!

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    John Ha said:
    Confirmed my ps3 UXH button box 5 is fixed. 

Joy2key doesn't see the button box 5 buttons 39, 40 & 41.  Any tips or ideas?
    Older versions of Joy2key only support up to 32 buttons, the newest version supports 128 buttons and then should show them.

Can anyone please tell me what the MPS FNC CONST and PULSE are for ? Ive just updated to this firmware for my McLaren rim and found these options , what should and how to use these?
    These are modes for your two Multi-Position-Switches with the 12 positions. CONST works as before, PULSE is new and for better compatibility with older games that had issues with constantly pressed buttons.
    Yesterday I tested new drivers and firmware in iracing, and issue with decentering does not occur. besides, I noticed that ffb is slightly weaker but more precise. The most important is that the problem with decentering has been resolved, now I'm waiting for the problem to be solved with drift mode.

Kind Regards
    If you drive on Xbox that's right, the FFB scaling is fixed now. If you still want stronger FFB after the update you can raise the FF value above 100 up to 200. This might change in a future update to 150.
    Hi,

Is this meant to work with the USB Adapter?  I have a handbrake connected via the USB adapter and now can't see it... 

Cheers,
    AP
    So the only Fanatec device you use is the handbrake and with driver 311 it was displayed, but now with 327 it isn't displayed anymore?
  • Andrew PowellAndrew Powell Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi,

Is this meant to work with the USB Adapter?  I have a handbrake connected via the USB adapter and now can't see it... 

Cheers,
    AP
    So the only Fanatec device you use is the handbrake and with driver 311 it was displayed, but now with 327 it isn't displayed anymore?
    I have multiple Fanatec devices... :-) 

The CSW V2 with Universal hub worked, and the firmware updated AOK (v 619). This includes the 7 spd shifter.
    The CS Pedals V1 work (connected via USB)
    But nothing for the USB adapter for the handbrake... I had it plugged in (along with everything else) and didn't click that it wasn't detected for a while...

I have tried plugging it in to different ports, by itself... nothing... not recognised... :-(

AP

• @Marcel

Thank you, I was one version behind on 6.1.1 :)
    Hi,

Cheers,
    AP

The CSW V2 with Universal hub worked, and the firmware updated AOK (v 619). This includes the 7 spd shifter.
    But nothing for the USB adapter for the handbrake... I had it plugged in (along with everything else) and didn't click that it wasn't detected for a while...

I have tried plugging it in to different ports, by itself... nothing... not recognised... :-(

AP

Does the handbrake itself still work in games? 
    Is there a reason you use so many USB ports, you should be able to connect the handbrake to the pedals and the pedals to the base.
    We'll try to recreate your issue.
  • Hi,

Cheers,
    AP

AP

Is there a reason you use so many USB ports, you should be able to connect the handbrake to the pedals and the pedals to the base.

???? Ok so: 1. The v1 pedals aren’t able to accept the handbrake... v2 and on are... 2. Frankly I have never plugged the pedals into the csw,.. as I thought they would loose resolution... happy to be corrected on this one... 3. Can I plug the hand brake into anything else? I am not sure... 4. The hand brake doesn’t appear to work... :-( I did have them all plugged in whe I upgraded to the beta driver from v3.11 which never showed up the csw pages... Cheers, Ap

???? Ok so: 1. The v1 pedals aren’t able to accept the handbrake... v2 and on are... 2. Frankly I have never plugged the pedals into the csw,.. as I thought they would loose resolution... happy to be corrected on this one... 3. Can I plug the hand brake into anything else? I am not sure... 4. The hand brake doesn’t appear to work... :-( I did have them all plugged in whe I upgraded to the beta driver from v3.11 which never showed up the csw pages... Cheers, Ap
    I did a test and for me it showed the adapter, have you tried also plugging in only one at a time?

Ok I'm not so sure about the V1 pedals and resolution, on the V3 pedals connected the a V1 base it's also 12bit like via USB.

When you go back to 311, does everything work again?
  • Wheel Base Model/ CSL E Base
    Steering Wheel Model/ RMcL GT3
    Driver Version: 327
    Base FW Version: 621
    Wheel FW Version: v30

feels good, only have the problem with double switching.
    I'm back to the driver 311 back.
    what a shame.
    hope could help.

Sorry but this does not yet help. Can you please try to isolate the issue to driver (unlikely, wheel fw or base fw) and let us know which works well and which does not. This would help us to resolve the issue. But, we cannot reproduce a fw dependent issue related to the paddles so far,
    was wollen sie genau von mir wissen???

also
    ffb funktioniert super
    alle tasten funktionieren
    das einzige problem habe ich beim schalten, es werden öfters ein gang übersprungen
    zb. wenn ich von den 3. in den 4. schalten will, springt der in den 5. oder vom 4. in den 5. gleich 6.
    genauso beim runterschalten.
    das in rfactor 2 game, raceroom usw.
  • Hi,

Cheers,
    AP

AP

I would unplug everything accept the handbrake, with adapter. Open up the fanatec app, to see if the handbrake is seen. If it's not seen... Well.. But if it's seen, click the update tab and check if the adapter says it's in handbrake mode. Mine has always functioned as a handbrake, but some how it appeared as pedals when I updated to previous fw. If so, set it to handbrake mode and just click update while you're at it. Worked for me.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited February 2019
    @ Andrew Powell

Please try that:

Approach 1: 
    • Deinstall the Fanatec Driver. 
    • Reboot the PC. 
    • Make sure that ALL your Fanatec hardware is connected. 
    • Install driver 327
    • ...and reboot the PC like requested
    • Does everything work now? If not try...
    Approach 2:
    • Disconnect ALL Fanatec hardware.
    • Reboot the PC.
    • Install driver 327 again.
    • Now reboot as requested.
    • Now attach the devices one after the other.
    Does now everything work? If yes, which approach solved the issue. 

@ Lothar Keiling
    Sorry but the Forum language is English. 

Sadly you did not yet mention the wheel base firmwares you used. You did not separate driver update from FW update as requested:
    Like mentioned before, it would help to hear/know, what happens if you use old firmware (wheel or base) and new driver or the other way round. We need to know if the driver (unlikely) or the base FW or the wheel FW causes the issue.
  • Fabian MozalFabian Mozal Member
    edited February 2019

Yesterday I tested new drivers and firmware in iracing, and issue with decentering does not occur. besides, I noticed that ffb is slightly weaker but more precise. The most important is that the problem with decentering has been resolved, now I'm waiting for the problem to be solved with drift mode.

Kind Regards
    If you drive on Xbox that's right, the FFB scaling is fixed now. If you still want stronger FFB after the update you can raise the FF value above 100 up to 200. This might change in a future update to 150.

Yes i have CSL Elite Base (XBOX), unfortunately I can not change FF above 100, 100 is max.Only what I can change above 100 is "For" max can be set to 120.

thanks

Kind Regards

Yes i have CSL Elite Base (XBOX), unfortunately I can not change FF above 100, 100 is max.Only what I can change above 100 is "For" max can be set to 120.

thanks
    Sorry I've mixed things up, so on PC nothing should have changed, we only touched the drift modes, not the FFB scaling on PC. The FFB scaling only was changed when in Xbox mode playing on Xbox.
  • @ Andrew Powell

Please try that:

Approach 1: 
    • Reboot the PC. 
    • Make sure that ALL your Fanatec hardware is connected. 
    • Install driver 327
    • ...and reboot the PC like requested
    • Does everything work now? If not try...
    Approach 2:
    • Disconnect ALL Fanatec hardware.
    • Reboot the PC.
    • Install driver 327 again.
    • Now reboot as requested.
    • Now attach the devices one after the other.
    Does now everything work? If yes, which approach solved the issue. 

@ Lothar Keiling
    Sorry but the Forum language is English. 

Sadly you did not yet mention the wheel base firmwares you used. You did not separate driver update from FW update as requested:
    Like mentioned before, it would help to hear/know, what happens if you use old firmware (wheel or base) and new driver or the other way round. We need to know if the driver (unlikely) or the base FW or the wheel FW causes the issue.

So to short cut the whole lot, I installed the 327 driver into my laptop, and plugged the handbrake adapter into that... it wasn’t detected... :-( I suspect it has happened to fail at the same time as the firmware update. AndrewP.
  • What has happened to Purple (Compatibility) Mode??? I cant find it no more!!!!
    What has happened to Purple (Compatibility) Mode??? I cant find it no more!!!!
    Please read the changelog.
  • What does 'unified' mean when describing the change to the McLaren toggle switches? Do they still work as four seperate buttons?
    @Ben
    It means that the toggles are working perfectly the same way (same button numbers etc.) on McLaren and Formula V2 wheels. And yes, they still give 4 individual/separate buttons.
  • Cool, thanks Armin. Love those switches, so useful.
  • steer still slams from left to right when pusching a when connect controler 
    @Didier
    Sorry but it is hard to work with an "issue report" like this. Please check the first post to get a better idea of how the tester/customer feedback can be reported more usable.
  • Hello everyone! Just got my wheel base v2.5 with McLaren Gt3 and on 1st day the problem with upshift appeared. Suddenly i started losing buttons from the wheel. I am so frustrated that i gave 830 euros and my product doesnt work the way it should be. Have you found a solution with the drivers? Is there anything i can do to fix this by my own? Please any help is appreciated.
  • Hello everyone! Just got my wheel base v2.5 with McLaren Gt3 and on 1st day the problem with upshift appeared. Suddenly i started losing buttons from the wheel. I am so frustrated that i gave 830 euros and my product doesnt work the way it should be. Have you found a solution with the drivers? Is there anything i can do to fix this by my own? Please any help is appreciated.
    Please always mention which Driver, Wheel Base Firmware and Sterling Wheel Firmware you are actually using... AFAIK all button loss and shifting issues should have been resolved with this latest driver 327 with base firmware 620 and steering wheel firmware 30. If you already have these latest software installed you should contact the support as it's likely to be a hardware issue then...
  • Please always mention which Driver, Wheel Base Firmware and Sterling Wheel Firmware you are actually using... AFAIK all button loss and shifting issues should have been resolved with this latest driver 327 with base firmware 620 and steering wheel firmware 30. If you already have these latest software installed you should contact the support as it's likely to be a hardware issue then...

Thanks for the reply. I use the drivers from the product page. I thought these are the latest version. where can i download the drivers you are mentioning?

• Please always mention which Driver, Wheel Base Firmware and Sterling Wheel Firmware you are actually using... AFAIK all button loss and shifting issues should have been resolved with this latest driver 327 with base firmware 620 and steering wheel firmware 30. If you already have these latest software installed you should contact the support as it's likely to be a hardware issue then...

Thanks for the reply. I use the drivers from the product page. I thought these are the latest version. where can i download the drivers you are mentioning?

Ehm....... In the first post of exactly this thread...?! .. :D
  • edited February 2019
    And read the manual on how to update....way easier than waiting for someone to reply over here. >:) Oops, something wrong with that smiley
    edited February 2019
    New Firmwares are ready to test. This time you need to install it manually by product:

- CSL_E_Base_V629_rev1516
       for CSL E WB
    - CSL_E_PS4_Base_V630_rev1516
       for CSL E WB+ & CSL E Racing Wheel for PS4
    - CSW_Base_V626_rev1516
       for CSW V1
    - CSW_V2_5_Base_V628_rev1516
       for CS WB V2.5
    - CSW_V2_Base_V627_rev1516
       for CSW V2
    - RFORMv2_V22_rev72_app
       for F1 2018 & F1 eSports Steering Wheel

Issues which should be resolved now:

- Wheel center calibration button combination does not work if the right button (joystick push) is pressed first
    - Drift Modes for CSL E WB (XBO, PC) and CSL E WB+ are not yet properly refined - +3 is already too strong
    - PS Button does also press the X button input on CSL E WB+ (PS4) when P1 or UHX are used
    - MPS Encoder Mode does not work perfectly and creates button inputs into the wrong direction every now and then

Known Issues:
    None

If you report issues, please follow the instructions in Post #1

Thank you very much for testing!
    Armin
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    You're a busy man Armin ! Looking forward to testing. 
  • Neue Firmwares sind zum Testen bereit. Dieses Mal müssen Sie es manuell nach Produkt installieren:

für CSL E WB
       für CSL E WB + und CSL E Racing Wheel für PS4
    - CSW_Base_V626_rev1516
       für CSW V1
       für CS WB V2.5
       für CSW V2
    - RFORMv2_V22_rev72_app
       für F1 2018 & F1 eSports Lenkrad

Probleme, die jetzt gelöst werden sollten:

- Die Tastenkombination der Radmitten-Kalibrierung funktioniert nicht, wenn zuerst die rechte Taste (Joystick-Taste) gedrückt wird
    - Drift-Modi für CSL E WB (XBO, PC) und CSL E WB + sind noch nicht richtig verfeinert - +3 ist bereits zu stark
    - Die PS-Taste drückt auch die X-Taste des CSL E WB + (PS4), wenn P1 oder UHX verwendet werden
    - Der MPS-Encoder-Modus arbeitet nicht einwandfrei und erzeugt ab und zu Tasteneingaben in die falsche Richtung

Bekannte Probleme:
    Keine

Wenn Sie Probleme melden, befolgen Sie bitte die Anweisungen in Beitrag 1

Vielen Dank fürs Testen!
    Armin
    i cant download. why?
  • Ricky BelchRicky Belch Member
    edited February 2019
    any reason why on my CSL elite ps4 wheel base, the wheel base motor firmware resets to 0? It did it on both the v311 driver and v327 beta driver.. Sometimes i can update it to wheel base motor firmware 18, but every now and again it resets to 0.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Neue Firmwares sind zum Testen bereit. Dieses Mal müssen Sie es manuell nach Produkt installieren:

für CSL E WB
       für CSL E WB + und CSL E Racing Wheel für PS4
    - CSW_Base_V626_rev1516
       für CSW V1
       für CS WB V2.5
       für CSW V2
    - RFORMv2_V22_rev72_app
       für F1 2018 & F1 eSports Lenkrad

Probleme, die jetzt gelöst werden sollten:

- Die Tastenkombination der Radmitten-Kalibrierung funktioniert nicht, wenn zuerst die rechte Taste (Joystick-Taste) gedrückt wird
    - Drift-Modi für CSL E WB (XBO, PC) und CSL E WB + sind noch nicht richtig verfeinert - +3 ist bereits zu stark
    - Die PS-Taste drückt auch die X-Taste des CSL E WB + (PS4), wenn P1 oder UHX verwendet werden
    - Der MPS-Encoder-Modus arbeitet nicht einwandfrei und erzeugt ab und zu Tasteneingaben in die falsche Richtung

Bekannte Probleme:
    Keine

Wenn Sie Probleme melden, befolgen Sie bitte die Anweisungen in Beitrag 1

Vielen Dank fürs Testen!
    Armin
    i cant download. why?
    You can't download the files? No problems here. Have you tried clicking the individual files or right clicking and "Save Target" ? 
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited February 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL E WB (XBO, PC)
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): UHX
    Driver Version: 327
    Base FW Version: V629

On Drift mode setting 3, which is a neutral state (equivalent to OFF on other wheel bases), there is a bit of turning influence from the force feedback motor still making it too easy to turn when turning left and right quickly.

This discussion has been closed.