Fanatec Beta Driver V327 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels) - Release Candidate!

124»

Comments

• Hi Armin

CSL Elite PS4

Driver Version: ....v327
    Base FW Version: ....v630
    Wheel FW Version: ...v22

No issue with performing the updates.

(ps4 compatibility) purple mode is missing.

Otherwise it feels really good by far the best firmware I've tested.

Keep up the hard work guys !

Thanks
    Dan

• First time doing a firmware update manually, could someone help, please? I've downloaded the file, then what?
    Thanks
    Steve 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited February 2019
    First time doing a firmware update manually, could someone help, please? I've downloaded the file, then what?
    Thanks
    Steve 

Hey Stephen, When you open the Fanatec Firmware updater you will see “Load Hex File” select your desired file from the ones available above and continue the firmware update. Here is a link to a Fanatec video showing the normal update process for reference.
  • Thanks for the help, Joseph......I have the downloaded .hex file on my desktop, but the driver doesn't see it, must I put this .hex file somewhere? Othere than that, Ive totally lost it 
  • Thanks for the help, Joseph......I have the downloaded .hex file on my desktop, but the driver doesn't see it, must I put this .hex file somewhere? Othere than that, Ive totally lost it 
    update app is in the driver folder . you can find them .

• edited February 2019
    Update app? I don't knkw what you guys trying to do here. Simply open the driver menu, go to the Update Tab, click on Update Wheel Base, click YES and follow the instructions of the updater (click connect, click load hexfile, click flash). After successfull update the Base will restart and is reset to default settings so you have to Calibrate center and your Shifter again as well as setup rework of the presets if you didn't used default values anyway.
  •  
    Update app? I don't knkw what you guys trying to do here. Simply open the driver menu, go to the Update Tab, click on Update Wheel Base, click YES and follow the instructions of the updater (click connect, click load hexfile, click flash). After successfull update the Base will restart and is reset to default settings so you have to Calibrate center and your Shifter again as well as setup rework of the presets if you didn't used default values anyway.
    Yay!! Did it :) Thanks Maurice...That's where I was going wrong, I was not clicking "load hex file" ....Works now
    Cheers
    Steve
  • Hi Armin

CSL Elite PS4

Driver Version: ....v327
    Base FW Version: ....v630
    Wheel FW Version: ...v22

No issue with performing the updates.

Otherwise it feels really good by far the best firmware I've tested.

Keep up the hard work guys !

Thanks
    Dan

See first post on previous page. It's in there somewhere ;)
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited February 2019
    On Drift mode setting 3, which is a neutral state (equivalent to OFF on other wheel bases), there is a bit of turning influence from the force feedback motor still making it too easy to turn when turning left and right quickly.

Hi,

where is this information coming from? 3 is not neutral and should not be as "OFF" in other bases"!?
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/faq/details&id=101

any reason why on my CSL elite ps4 wheel base, the wheel base motor firmware resets to 0? It did it on both the v311 driver and v327 beta driver.. Sometimes i can update it to wheel base motor firmware 18, but every now and again it resets to 0.
    Hi Ricky,

If it also happens with driver v311 and with all FWs...this will not be a firmware issue and should be reported to the support team. This is no feedback dependent to the new software. We need to focus in here and we won't be able to solve a unique issue here in the forum either ;-) Thx for your understanding.

Hi Daniel,
    Thx for the feedback. Did you check the changelog? It should not be missing. You enter this mode differently.

• Yes. It works and it feels Very nice
    THX for your feedback @ Eran. We will output and upload a new release candidate driver soon in the forum to make testing for everybody a bit easier. This might be the codebase of our next final driver :-) 
    edited February 2019
    New driver/firmware release candidate package (V328) released. 

Please test the new software and give feedback in the related thread:

*topic closed*
This discussion has been closed.