Fanatec Beta Driver V330 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
Hello Everybody,

We have a new beta driver V330. Here are the details:

A. Driver:
1. Fixed multiposition switches (MPS) slider bar shows in steering wheels without MPS and no steering wheel attached.
2. Fixed crashing issue in Mouse Setting page when OK button is clicked when no steering wheel attached.
3. New firmwares included:
  - ClubSport Wheel Base V1 V637
  - ClubSport Wheel Base V2 V638
  - ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22
  - CSL Elite Wheel Base V640
  - CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4 V641 + Motor Driver v22
  - ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018 V24

B. Firmwares:
1. Improved performance of MPS when in "Encoder" mode, stops MPS encoder signal when MPS isn't rotated
2. Improved analogue joystick calibration for ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018
3. Safety: wheel bases motor is deactivated when a firmware update is ongoing or when an unknown steering wheel is attached.
4. Optimized motor control parameters for CSL E WB PS4 and ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
Driver Version: ....
Base FW Version: ....
Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positive feedback! 

Comments

• Hi! Sorry but where is the file for download?
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Sorry, file is now attached.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Weirdly some don't see the file, so here is it another time.
  • All went fine, automatically promted to flash all my three units within the driver. Will try it all later today. :)

• Great!!!! Got to try it tonight... if possible! :)
  • edited March 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4 V641 
    Steering Wheel Model : CSL elite P1

CSL Elite SteeriWheel

Driver Version: 330
    Base FW Version: 641
    Wheel FW Version: 22

All works fine here!
    Thanks!!
  • Hello,
    Flag LED´s on Formula V2 Rim do not work with Driver 330 on PC.
    Driver Version 330
    CSL Elite Wheel Base 640
    Formula V2 Rim 24

with Driver 327 it works FINE!!!
    Driver Version 327
    CSL Elite Wheel Base 621
    Formula V2 Rim 21
  • Hello,
    Flag LED´s on Formula V2 Rim do not work with Driver 330 on PC.
    Driver Version 330
    CSL Elite Wheel Base 640
    Formula V2 Rim 24

with Driver 327 it works FINE!!!
    Driver Version 327
    CSL Elite Wheel Base 621
    Formula V2 Rim 21
    Where? In the driver menu LED test or where? Because in games they actually don't work.
  • Best wheel and in game settings for F1 2018 of with a few v2.5?
  • John Ha said:
    Best wheel and in game settings for F1 2018 of with a few v2.5?
    This is obviously the wrong place to ask such a question... You should have a look in other forums or Facebook Groups where you can get help. This thread is for bug reports of the new driver 330.
  • Tested new v330. Works perfecto! 
  • Been hot lapping on f12018 on Xbox one for a few hours, CSW V2.5 McLaren GT3 rim. V330 Driver package, All seems to be working well. I have the wheel FFB setting for the first time of owning this machine up to 100 and in game 100, Doesn’t seem over saturated any more on Xbox, and it’s doest run so hot as well anymore. Looks very promising in my opinion. More testing to follow.
  • After applying these new firmwares via driver v330 to my CSL Elite I have run in to exactly zero issues. Used the wheel base with the McLaren rim in GT Sport for about 8 hours now and having tons of fun!
  • This week I bought CSW 2.5 and it had coil whine coming from it when idle. Here's a video from the problem: I was about to send it back because of getting annoyed to the whining. But thanks to fanatec this firmware update for the motor fixed it and the base is now silent! Thank you!
  • With the recent 330 driver and 640 Firmware on my CSL Elite WB I can confirm that the issue I have described in the 328 Thread ("rough" feeling when the wheelbase is in idle) has vanished, It is now smooth as silk with barely any resistance.

• This week I bought CSW 2.5 and it had coil whine coming from it when idle. Here's a video from the problem: I was about to send it back because of getting annoyed to the whining. But thanks to fanatec this firmware update for the motor fixed it and the base is now silent! Thank you!
    I can vouch for this, gone in my CSW 2.5 as well!  THANK YOU! I was discourage given this was my second wheel base, the first one also had a whine but was louder and more consistent than the current one.  I thought I was going to have to get use to it and ended up buying a $187 headphones to block it out.

Thank you for fixing this!  My faith is restored, and now I can buy the Podium DD2 in  a few months without reservation.!
  • edited March 2019
    CSL Elite PC&XBox
    McLaren GT3 rim

All updates from 330 package.

After installing this update the wheel had nearly no resistance in idle.
    In pCARS2, when turning the wheel while driving, in the center there was some kind of dead zone, but not with regard to steering input, but to force/resistance of the wheel.
    I wanted to re-calibrate und re-assign everything in-game to get rid of this, but when I wanted to assign the steering axis, while turning right, the game picked up "POV1Down" or something like that. I reverted back to the 311 package to get it working again.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited March 2019
    All updates from 330 package.
    After installing this update the wheel had nearly no resistance in idle.
    In pCARS2, when turning the wheel while driving, in the center there was some kind of dead zone, but not with regard to steering input, but to force/resistance of the wheel....I reverted back to the 311 package to get it working again.
    Hi Michael,
    that does not sound like diver at all. Please refer to the instructions of how to report potential FW or driver issues efficiently within the first post:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
    0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
    1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
    2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
    3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
    4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
    Driver Version: ....
    Base FW Version: ....
    Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you!!
  • Hi Armin,

I will try to dive deeper in this over the weekend, and report back if/how I can reproduce this.

Regards
    Michael
  • Aldo VaccaAldo Vacca Member
    edited March 2019
    Update done but i stell having the moter noise like the video up there, why????

EDIT Now the noise is gone, i updated firmware in motor mode.
  • Update done but i stell having the moter noise like the video up there, why????
    Did you manually updated the motor firmware to v22?
  • Update done but i stell having the moter noise like the video up there, why????

I had to do it twice, once for wheelbase and once for motor firmware, they were not done at the same time.

I had to do it twice, once for wheelbase and once for motor firmware, they were not done at the same time.
    Correct. Wheel base firmware, steering wheel firmware and motor firmware all have to be updated sperately.
    edited March 2019
    edit
    edited March 2019
    edit
  • hi ive done the update and now on firmware, and round the power button its flashing blue and yellow, been like this for a while now. is this normal?
  • Blue and yellow means you are stuck in the rim firmware updater. Did you tried to update your steering wheel? I guess McLaren or Formula v2 as these are the only ones with a separate wheel firmware?!
  • ive got the p1 wheel, and I done a update 1st the 330 and then firmware update now stuck like this
  • ive got the p1 wheel, and I done a update 1st the 330 and then firmware update now stuck like this
    weird, the P1 does not have a separate Firmware. Base Firmware Update usually is blue blinking LED only. Blue/Yellow is bootloader from Wheel Updater... Weird. 
    I would suggest to quickly ask the Chat support which is available just in this minute to get immediate help.
  • hi, its all sorted, phew haha, thanks for the replys
This discussion has been closed.