Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited March 2019 in Blog

I’m pleased to confirm that we are on track to ship the first batch of the Podium Series direct drive systems on April 30th. This includes all three systems: Podium Wheel Base DD1, Podium Wheel Base DD2, and Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™. All units already pre-ordered until now will ship on time.

Please note that due to high demand, we are very nearly sold out worldwide for this first batch. In fact, some variants are already sold out in some regions, for example the Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ in Australia, and the Podium Wheel Base DD2 in Europe. So if you see the estimated availability date change on the product page, this isn’t because we are delayed, it’s because you’ve missed the first batch!

Production continues to ramp up and we are beginning to prepare the second batch, which will ship in June. Thank you for your patience; we’re really excited to get this remarkable technology into your hands.

Comments

• Awesome news! :)
  • That's great news! 
    @Thomas: Could you comment on the rumors, that the DD1 motor has been changed? (from being the same as in DD2)
    Or is it still the same unit which is then regulated by software? 

If it the motor has been changed, is there any info about the differences in performance in terms of accelaration, rotation speed, etc.? Would be really interesting to know :)

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Ingo
  • Henk luckeHenk lucke Member
    edited March 2019
    Still waiting till 2020 to get my DD1 PS4 version standalone, because i dont want that blue wheel since i bought the limited gold edition.
    The more money you spend, the later your parts will be available.

Special thanks to Fanatec.
  • edited March 2019
    But if when I preordered date was not changed I managed to buy the "first batch"?
    I payed with bank transfer and don't know when it came trough (will need to check)
  • Catalin SasuCatalin Sasu Member
    edited March 2019
    I preorder DD1 to 23.11.2018... 
    I'm on first batch ?
    You promise F1 2019 formula wheel...

• I preorder DD1 to 23.11.2018... 
    I'm on first batch ?
    You promise F1 2019 formula wheel...

3rd sentence in this news. All units already pre-ordered until now will ship in time.
  • edited March 2019
    Podium PS4 in Europe is sold-out. I would pre-ordered it next week.
    Is there a way to have it by the end of April? 
  • Podium PS4 in Europe is sold-out. I would pre-ordered it next week.
    Is there a way to have it by the end of April? 
    No.
  • Frank LehmannFrank Lehmann Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for status update. Can't wait for my DD2 to arrive finally.
    :-bd
  • Any news on that limited edition F1 2019 wheel rim? would like to get that and my DD1 pre order together :)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Great news !

p.s You notice those LED's working on the PS4 World record video? Come on MS get with it :)
  • I'm curious to know if the advanced paddle shifter modules will still ship on the same day? Would be nice to get that at the same time as my dd1!
  • Really happy, but a bit sad i tough because tought we would get them ON the 30th or before
  • That's great news! 
    @Thomas: Could you comment on the rumors, that the DD1 motor has been changed? (from being the same as in DD2)
    Or is it still the same unit which is then regulated by software? 

If it the motor has been changed, is there any info about the differences in performance in terms of accelaration, rotation speed, etc.? Would be really interesting to know :)

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Ingo

Would like to know about this as well.  Thomas said it himself in this video 

• How many units does the first batch have?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    All pre-orderered Units of the DD1 and the Racing Wheel come with the DD2 motor. The development of a new motor will still take quite some time and we will make it very clear in the product name and description once we change the motor.
  • All pre-orderered Units of the DD1 and the Racing Wheel come with the DD2 motor. The development of a new motor will still take quite some time and we will make it very clear in the product name and description once we change the motor.
    Hello Thomas,
    Can I confirm with you that those who pre-ordered the DD1 and were offered a complimentary 2019 Formula V2 rim due to the delay in shipping. Will The DD1 still ship on or around the 30th April due to the fact that the first batch of V2 rims are now sold out and the next available batch are due to ship June/July... Will both ship together on the 30th & were enough V2 rims put to one side for those who pre-ordered the Podium bases?

My order consisted of a Podium DD1, Clubsport V3 peddles, Brake performance kit, CSL Elite McLaren GT3 rim. + the free Clubsport Formula V2 rim.

Thank you.
  • All pre-orderered Units of the DD1 and the Racing Wheel come with the DD2 motor. The development of a new motor will still take quite some time and we will make it very clear in the product name and description once we change the motor.
    Hello Thomas,
    Can I confirm with you that those who pre-ordered the DD1 and were offered a complimentary 2019 Formula V2 rim due to the delay in shipping. Will The DD1 still ship on or around the 30th April due to the fact that the first batch of V2 rims are now sold out and the next available batch are due to ship June/July... Will both ship together on the 30th & were enough V2 rims put to one side for those who pre-ordered the Podium bases?

My order consisted of a Podium DD1, Clubsport V3 peddles, Brake performance kit, CSL Elite McLaren GT3 rim. + the free Clubsport Formula V2 rim.

Thank you.
    The "free" Formula v2 F1 2019 wheel was not announced yet so nobody actually had a chance to pre-order that wheel. Thomas said that this new wheel will be announced very soon and everyone who originally got the free F1 2019 wheel, which was then changed to a free coupon code with a value of 350€, will have the chance to order this new limited wheel 1 or 2 days in advance to everyone else. Thomas also said the F1 2019 wheel looks like to be released June/July so it will not be delivered together with the DD Bases end of April.
  • Peter HolmesPeter Holmes Member
    edited March 2019
    All pre-orderered Units of the DD1 and the Racing Wheel come with the DD2 motor. The development of a new motor will still take quite some time and we will make it very clear in the product name and description once we change the motor.
    Hello Thomas,

Thank you.
    The "free" Formula v2 F1 2019 wheel was not announced yet so nobody actually had a chance to pre-order that wheel. Thomas said that this new wheel will be announced very soon and everyone who originally got the free F1 2019 wheel, which was then changed to a free coupon code with a value of 350€, will have the chance to order this new limited wheel 1 or 2 days in advance to everyone else. Thomas also said the F1 2019 wheel looks like to be released June/July so it will not be delivered together with the DD Bases end of April.
    The wheel which is currently on sale red/black formula V2 (first batch sold out) is what I thought was the free offer - NOT the upcoming yet to be released limited edition....

Hello Thomas,

Thank you.
    The wheel which is currently on sale red/black formula V2 (first batch sold out) is what I thought was the free offer - NOT the upcoming yet to be released limited edition....
    No. There will be a new F1 2019 wheel which will be another unique color version and again a limited edition. The black/red one is the regular Formula v2 which everyone can buy and NOT the free Goodie for the delay.
  • I thought the free offer was the wheel/rim from the link below:

No. See answer above. The free new F1 2019 wasn't announced yet.

No. See answer above. The free new F1 2019 wasn't announced yet. 
    OK, I see - I went and relooked at the voucher I received from Fanatec for the freebie - You are correct, it seems as if it's the limited edition V2.... I'm in the UK so I hope the shipping's free when it's finally ready
    ;)
  • Well I'm happy ! Quick question could somebody tell me is Clubsport Static Shifter Paddles compatible with Podium bases ? Would love the use these kinda shifters.
  • Well I'm happy ! Quick question could somebody tell me is Clubsport Static Shifter Paddles compatible with Podium bases ? Would love the use these kinda shifters.
    Yes they are
  • this is excellent news. having bought the 2018 LE rim I'm a little disappointed i'll essentially have to wait until you sell the DD standalone, or could there be an option for me to get the PS4 DD with another rim? i had been looking at the drift wheel and universal hub, which i'm about to buy for DR2.0 
  • this is excellent news. having bought the 2018 LE rim I'm a little disappointed i'll essentially have to wait until you sell the DD standalone, or could there be an option for me to get the PS4 DD with another rim? i had been looking at the drift wheel and universal hub, which i'm about to buy for DR2.0 
    There are no plans to sell the DD1 PS4 Base as a standalone version according to several posts. And of course you also can't choose a different wheel as this is a PS4 licensed bundle package.
  • @Maurice Böschen Thanks for answer ! I just can't find information for it. I thought they attach too far on the base.
  • @Maurice Böschen Thanks for answer ! I just can't find information for it. I thought they attach too far on the base.
    Mhm weird that you didn't found any info as it is well described in the Webshop description of the DD Bases... "Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories • Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake" They will be front-mounted just like on the CSW and CSL Bases.