Shipment of the Formula V2 starts in time

Comments

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited March 2019
    Good to know that you can now scroll the info in Forza. Looking forward to getting my Monday.
    think you may have misunderstood my post.   the joystick on the wheel is "not functional" for FM7  for the xbox
  • hello team fanatec!!a  questions!! on ps4 what is the 328 driver for? thanks 
  • fv2 fw is ver 22 in driver 328.  but wheel fw is ver 24.  and I updated wheel fw ......

will new wheel fw be in next driver ?
  • Eric BourduasEric Bourduas Member
    edited March 2019
    Got my rim yesterday and it's just as good as I expected. Feels great in the hands and it's wonderful to look at (too bad I race in VR :D ).

My only small criticism, and it's one I've heard elsewhere so I imagine it's something Fanatec will consider in the next version, is that the thumb encoders are a bit too easy to turn. It's pretty easy to accidentally turn one while turning the wheel, especially with gloves on. I would've liked if they had just a bit more resistance to them.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    hello team fanatec!!a  questions!! on ps4 what is the 328 driver for? thanks 
    The driver itself is for PC use, which is necessary to update the internal firmware of the wheel base for PS4. The firmware changes for CSL and CS bases (not all relevant to the PS4) are summarised below:
    • XBox One FFB scaling has been corrected. (The overall FFB setting was was much too high/clipping/oversaturated on all WBs). FF setting on 100 results now in 100% FFB power on the XBO.
    • UHX Button Island 5 socket is now working again (all WBs)
    • McLaren GT3 and Formula V2 wheel toggle switches unified (can temporarily cause issues in PS4 and PC games if they support only 32 buttons - games need to be updated)
    • CSL E WBs maximum damper strength fixed
    • CSW V1 sen limit bug fixed
    • CSL Elite Wheel Base de/recalibration issues resolved
    • CSL E WB+ / CSL E RW PS4: PS4 compatibility mode(s) reworked: Now accessed by pressing and holding the "Mode Button"
    • Firmware optimized to improve the new MPS (Multi Position Switch) "pulse" and "encoder" mode settings
    • Drift modes (+ values) have been optimized for CSL and ClubSport (V2, V2.5) bases.
    • Funky switch encoder (rotation function) of all wheels can now be supported by PS4 games. This has to be implemented by game developers with a new version of the Fanatec PS4 SDK

leon liu said:
    fv2 fw is ver 22 in driver 328.  but wheel fw is ver 24.  and I updated wheel fw ......

will new wheel fw be in next driver ?
    Some units are arriving with v24 pre-installed - this will be available in a driver update very soon.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Fanatec stickers seriously? Straight on my rig. This wheel is a thing of beauty.  Thanks Thomas ! 
    Great to see at least one developer jumping on board. Hopefully others will follow soon.

• Hello All...First - I love the new RIM...
    I'm Getting back into Assetto Corsa with Content Manager...BUT, my rumble motor seems to not be working correctly along with have to restart fanaleds after ever race\session

When I start, all the rumble effects are there, but they don't seem correct in game...Then when I exit game track, my wheel is still vibrating until I restart fanaleds again, and seems normal... PCars2 doesn't seem to have that problem...

Anyone else?

Also, I tried SLI Max Manager and I don't have the issue..
  • edited March 2019
    I was under the impression that Fanatec has teamed up with Codemasters. Sounds a bit weird that we as customers should make Codemasters aware of the new functionality of the new F1 style wheel. Next to this is Thomas statement that he’s hopeful that Microsoft will support the new functionality for Xbox. Hopeful isn’t very promesing. So I’m with you on this one Wolgang. Supported games should be part of the selling proces. Otherwise we buy shiny wheels with lots of unsupported functionality. I do like the new V2 F1 style wheel but I will wait to see if all the functionality will be supported in F1 2019 which at the moment I doubt seriously.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hello All...First - I love the new RIM...
    I'm Getting back into Assetto Corsa with Content Manager...BUT, my rumble motor seems to not be working correctly along with have to restart fanaleds after ever race\session

When I start, all the rumble effects are there, but they don't seem correct in game...Then when I exit game track, my wheel is still vibrating until I restart fanaleds again, and seems normal... PCars2 doesn't seem to have that problem...

Anyone else?

Also, I tried SLI Max Manager and I don't have the issue..
    Hi Steve, this sounds like a conflict between AC and Fanaleds. Perhaps one tool is conflicting with another. I recommend that you report this to Fanaleds.

I was under the impression that Fanatec has teamed up with Codemasters. Sounds a bit weird that we as customers should make Codemasters aware of the new functionality of the new F1 style wheel. Next to this is Thomas statement that he’s hopeful that Microsoft will support the new functionality for Xbox. Hopeful isn’t very promesing. So I’m with you on this one Wolgang. Supported games should be part of the selling proces. Otherwise we buy shiny wheels with lots of unsupported functionality. I do like the new V2 F1 style wheel but I will wait to see if all the functionality will be supported in F1 2019 which at the moment I doubt seriously.
    As much as we'd like this to be the case, Fanatec's relationship with Codemasters in terms of our partnership with F1 Esports does not automatically mean that every feature can be supported by the game immediately. Codemasters are of course aware of the new features of our wheels, but they have their own development schedules and it takes time for this to be implemented. Unfortunately it is a 'chicken and egg' situation. The developers will not spend time implementing new features for a product that doesn't exist, and these new Formula wheels wouldn't already be in the hands of our customers if we had to wait for developers to support every new feature. So we had to take the initiative and introduce new technology to the market. The technology we've introduced on these wheels will continue into other Fanatec products in the future, so improved game support is only a matter of time.
  • Thanks for the swift reply Dominic. And I do understand the “chicken and egg” situation. Someone has to make a start and innovate. But, and I think Fanatec should improve this, you have to be more open about the support of new features and come with a expected timeline, allthough that might influence sales. Customers who don’t do a good research will be in for an unpleasant surprise finding the advertised features will not work leading to a load of negative feedback. Furthermore, upon releasing new features I suppose you research the possibilities and willingness of the game devs. Otherwise, what’s the use of implementing new features if they are not going to be supported at all by the game devs. And then there is Microsoft (Xbox in my case) who needs to open up and support the features. So I do understand Fanatec’s point of view, but I don’t understand their marketing philosophy. Improved game support being a matter of time is an assumption as goes for Microsoft. Don’t get me wrong; I’m a big Fanatec fan but rather then buy at release day I now tend to wait and see and read the reviews before I buy.
  • @Thomas

ideal podium f1 wheel would be similar to the precision sim ingeneering wheel, looking very similar to current f1 wheel. thanks for asking suggestions !
    Anyone using the Formula V2 with PCars2 on Xbox or PS4?
  • I do like the new V2 F1 style wheel but I will wait to see if all the functionality will be supported in F1 2019 which at the moment I doubt seriously.

''Thanks for the replies guys..... I had the formula carbon on my base before the V2 and motor rumble worked fine.... This all started after the bios update...

Are we saying the V2 isn't fully functional with Fanaleds or has other issues?  I don't mind waiting, Im sure it will get fixed...
    :)>-
  • Hello!

I was thinking about ordering this wheel, since my bmw gt2 blocks a bit of the screen, and my question is are there any GT3/GTE wheel in development ? the mclaren one seems a bit basic and do not have the alacante "handles".

//Andreas
  • I am using Xbox one and the rev lights are not working, I have updated the drivers and they still do not work. I am playing 2018 F1 and forza.
    I am using Xbox one and the rev lights are not working, I have updated the drivers and they still do not work. I am playing 2018 F1 and forza.
    Hi David,

Those features are not supported on Xbox yet. Hoping MS works on supporting these and other features.
  • Blaise CarronBlaise Carron Member
    edited March 2019
    Are you guys going to make the Podium Advanced Paddle Module available in red instead of gold? The gold one was made to match the 2018/Black Friday version of the Formula V2 and does not look good on this current version in my opinion.
  • I do like the new V2 F1 style wheel but I will wait to see if all the functionality will be supported in F1 2019 which at the moment I doubt seriously.

''Thanks for the replies guys..... I had the formula carbon on my base before the V2 and motor rumble worked fine.... This all started after the bios update...

Are we saying the V2 isn't fully functional with Fanaleds or has other issues?  I don't mind waiting, Im sure it will get fixed...
    :)>-
    Hello All.
    Just wanted to let all know, that I re downloaded\installed bios for wheel pedals and base, updated Windows Drivers for base and now Fanaleds and Rumble motor work great...again...

Can't Wait For My DD2!!!!!!
  • Are you guys going to make the Podium Advanced Paddle Module available in red instead of gold? The gold one was made to match the 2018/Black Friday version of the Formula V2 and does not look good on this current version in my opinion.
    Thomas answered this on page 1: not changing it...I believe it's because gold is the Podium series colour and red is the Clubsport series colour; the APM is a Podium level product. 
  • Question about the Formula V2 / F1 2018 LE Wheels: Is there a way to make the thumb encoders any stiffer/harder to move?
  • Are you guys going to make the Podium Advanced Paddle Module available in red instead of gold? The gold one was made to match the 2018/Black Friday version of the Formula V2 and does not look good on this current version in my opinion.
    Thomas answered this on page 1: not changing it...I believe it's because gold is the Podium series colour and red is the Clubsport series colour; the APM is a Podium level product. 
    Seems like a far fetch justification, the golden carbon of the APM's top paddles match the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018.

They also offer color kits for ClubSport pedals, why not offer these in multiple colors too? Or at least a fully black/carbon version that will match nicely any wheels, especially since this accessory will probably go with many of them.

It's just a suggestion, but I would not buy this version of the APM to go with the current ClubSport Wheel Formula V2.
  • edited April 2019
    This should be Great News for PC Sim Racers that Play "Race Room"

Below a small excerpt from yesterdays update Notes

"10. Fanatec SDK updates

We are spending time with our friends from Fanatec to implement their latest SDK and make use of nice features they offer on their hardware such as special switches or ability to show yellow flag warnings through the steering wheel LED's."

Sadly Nope I didn't order the F1 wheel... Its just Not for Me...I don't like the small Rim Size....But if Fanatec would ever make the same Type of Rim or make similar Fanatec Branded Rim the size of the McClaren Rim I would order it quicker than a Heart could beat 2x!!! I don't care about Mercedes, BMW, McClaren, Audi ETC branding...IMO the Fanatec Logo is Good enough for Me.

RRE yesterdays Full Update Notes

The v2.5 felt Great on RRE before the update!!! But Now it feels even better..
    Windows 10/ 64bit
    ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22
    Xbox1 Hub w/Forza Rim
    Seems like a far fetch justification, the golden carbon of the APM's top paddles match the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018.

They also offer color kits for ClubSport pedals, why not offer these in multiple colors too? Or at least a fully black/carbon version that will match nicely any wheels, especially since this accessory will probably go with many of them.

It's just a suggestion, but I would not buy this version of the APM to go with the current ClubSport Wheel Formula V2.
    Fanatec seems to have ditched the pedal colour kits for the most part from at least 2 years ago; only the EU market has an option for a colour other than grey or black. Before this, they had about 5 or 6 colors and now it's down to grey or black in US only and additionally orange in EU only (I know because I've always wanted the red color kit for mine but couldn't find it). My assumption is that the color kits weren't selling well so they discontinued it to reduce expenses (again, just my assumption)...so maybe they're sticking with one color with the APM.

Also, the golden carbon on the APM is there to match the Podium series line, not the Limited Edition F1 Wheel...in fact, I think the reason why it was a limited edition was because it was the only Clubsport rim that would match the Podium series in color scheme. More evidence that they probably won't change the color: the APM on the PS4 Podium is still gold with golden carbon paddles, even though the PS4 wheel is primarily blue with blue carbon.

• Thanks for the updates.

Are you able to confirm whether the clubsport formula F1 2019 wheel will be shipping in May?

I'd like to know as I still don't have a wheel for the DD1 and I would not want to wait too long after receiving it, presume early May. If we know the F1 2019 wheels won't be available in May then I would prefer to order the formula V2.

Looks like it will rather be June / July. We will announce it very soon though and Podium pre-order customers with vouchers will get 1 or 2 days for exclusive pre-order availability before anybody else.

Hi Thomas You said you will announce the new 2019 F1 wheel very soon. It’s been over a month now, what does very soon mean? Could we have some sort of update please? It looks like I will have a DD wheelbase at the end on the month but no wheel to use it with after all the delays already. Please please give us an update, a time frame of very soon is not very helpful if it means another month. Could you tell us will it be a few days, weeks or months? Thanks
  • Peter HolmesPeter Holmes Member
    edited April 2019
    soon
    [suːn]
    ADVERB
    sooner (comparative adverb) · soonest (superlative adverb)
    1. in or after a short time.
      "everyone will soon know the truth" · "he'll be home soon" · "they arrived soon after 7.30"
      synonyms:
      in a short time · shortly · presently · in the near future · before long · in a little while · in a minute · in a moment · in an instant · in a twinkling · in the twinkling of an eye · before you know it · any minute (now) · any day (now) · any time (now) · by and by · pronto · in (less than) no time · in no time (at all) · in a jiffy · in two shakes · in two shakes of a lamb's tail · before you can say Jack Robinson · sharpish · in a tick · in two ticks · directly · anon · ere long
    2. used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.
      "I'd just as soon Tim did it" · "I'd sooner stay where I am"
      synonyms:
      rather · by preference · preferably · from/by choice · more willingly · more readily · if I had my druthers
    Origin
    Old English sōna ‘immediately’, of West Germanic origin.

• Friends,

I received my Formula V2 today. O Connected to a V2 base, which has also connected the V2 pedals. Everything worked perfectly on the PC.

With the history of compatibility on the XBOX, I decided to connect the equipment to the Xbox.

I put in Xbox compatibility mode and I can access and navigate the console menus normally. But when I start the game (F1 2018 or Forza 7), the steering wheel begins to turn from side to side and not to. I have to unplug the cradle.

Can anyone guide me if this problem is setup? The rim version is 27.

Thankful.

Regards,
    Alexandre Resende
    Hi Alexandre,

Can you provide more details? Are you in Comp V2.5 or Xbox mode on the base? Which Wheelbase are you on? Settings,etc. This will help getting you up and running.

Thanks
  • Hello Joseph,

Right now it's working normally. I did not get it if I did something for it ... but the fact is that it's working.

I spent a whole day doing the connections and updating firmware (several times) and always occurring the same problem the steering wheel is running after entering the game. However, yesterday I accessed Forza with control of the console and left it in "pause", thus entering the economic mode. On my return to the room, I turned on base V2 and it incredibly worked (it was already at the checkpoint of the track and car). After that, I turn off and on the equipment and everything is working normally. I tested on Forza 7 and F1 2018.

If you can give me a hint of what might have happened ...

I have the V2 pedal and the Formula V2 steering wheel connected to the V2 base. The dock is plugged into the Xbox on the side USB. On the steering wheel, I selected the "Xbox" compatibility option.

To recap: After connecting the Xbox, the base was connected and functional. He selected the game and expected to load. When I entered the main screen, the steering wheel began to move from side to side without stopping ... and only stopped when I turned off the power, the base.

Regards,
    Alexandre Resende
    Good to hear it is working. Xbox can be erratic sometimes and nothing to do with your setup. Did you open the Xbox guide by any chance while the wheel was plugged in? This can cause odd things with wheels.

Also I always make sure to power on the wheel plugged into the Xbox and allow it to wake the xbox from standby, then start game. Also switching from one game to another can cause issues as well.

Are you part of the Insider ring on Xbox?