Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• Is it every set come with “type G” socket adapter?

• Is it every set come with “type G” socket adapter?
    I believe what you get is based on what the electrical standards are in your region
  • Damn even that package is nice! Quaranteed Fanatec stuff. cant wait for my DD1
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Ok thanks, makes sense, can you comment on what those last minute feature additions were? And also is it just the software or is the driver also not out till the end of the month?
    We'll have a video about the benefits of the new software soon. The driver is ready, the new software is not required for wheel base functionality.
  • edited April 2019

• Very good news for PS4 customers ;) but I don't understand why guys like me who are faithful Fanatec brand since a long time (for me 2009) who spent more 6000e products have to wait more time than last minute customers. 

Last come first serve ? New Customer better than faithful Customer ?

The worst for me is this email for APM delayed two month more, to satisfy PS4 users who comes at last days.. 

I'm a bit disgusted :/
  • Kent ErikssonKent Eriksson Member
    edited April 2019
    Very good news for PS4 customers ;) but I don't understand why guys like me who are faithful Fanatec brand since a long time (for me 2009) who spent more 6000e products have to wait more time than last minute customers. 

The worst for me is this email for APM delayed two month more, to satisfy PS4 users who comes at last days.. 

It's about logistics, and it surely isn't a grand plan of evil corporate overlords to hurt you personally. The PS4 podiums were sent by air so they could start shipping them earlier, and we will still get our podiums at or before release date of april 30th. 

How is it even possible for people to become disgusted or angry about so fickle details? Are you guys being curled through life with zero obstacles to get this upset about someone getting their toy a few days earlier than you? Wow.

Edit: And what tells you that PS4 buyers haven't been "true and loyal customers" for years and years? And should amount of money spent always be first served no matter what? That's very elitist to think. All customers are valued customers I promise you that. Think. Please.
  • Very good news for PS4 customers ;) but I don't understand why guys like me who are faithful Fanatec brand since a long time (for me 2009) who spent more 6000e products have to wait more time than last minute customers. 

It was stated by Thomas earlier in the post that the DD1 and DD2 were produced and shipped via sea. The PS4 DD1 bundle finished production later and was shipped via airfreight to make it in time for delivery on 30 April. You should have your DD on or before 30 April, according to Thomas.  Be patient. We already went through one shipping delay, you can manage a few more days.
  • Seeing a lot of entitled behavior. Anything before the 30th is a bonus if it comes on the 30th Fanatec have met their deadline. 
  • i really cannot understand all this bitching about who is getting their wheelbase first
    It's like kindergarten all over again.
    I am glad that the Podiums are all on schedule and will be delivered before or on 30th April.
    I guess that making the delivery date for the PS4 Version did cost Fanatec a lot of Money, as i imagine the airfreight is a lot more expensive than Standard sea shipment. 
    Let's all be happy that everyone is getting their wheelbase on time.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Thierry, we are doing "just" our very best to be as fair as possible and to satisfy everbody. Sadly, this is not possible...but we continue doing our very best. Hope your disgust will change into satisfaction at a later point. 
  • I know Armin ;) Thank you for your answer and your work.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Honestly, I do not usually jump into these back and forth discussions however this is getting out of control. Please keep in mind that Fanatec is not the size of companies like Sony, Microsoft, Apple and so on, who btw have delays and shipping issues all the time. They are doing their best to get these units out as soon as possible. 

This is manufacturing in todays age. Delays happen, defects happen, shipping issues happen it just is what it is. Patience is tough and we all wait in anticipation of receiving these products. Having a little more compassion and understanding for a company who wants, as much as anyone for us to enjoy what they have been working so hard on would go a long way. I appreciate the fact that they will not allow a less than great product to leave their hands. Sorry I just had to post something positive.
  • The APM delay is the only part I find hard to defend.  The PS4 bundles (which all come wtih APM) got prioritized over earlier orders of the APM.  I'm not referring to the minor difference in wheel base deliveries, I'm referring to the standalone APM module which was delayed for anyone who ordered standalone but not for PS4 bundles.  First in, First out is what I would expect the prioritization to be but the PS4 wasn't even available for pre-order when many of us ordered the APM module.
  • Hello, do you know if Podium DD can be mont front? Thanks image
  • edited April 2019
    Like others here, I placed the order since day 1 too. I'm waiting for almost 1 year.

I read their reason, but, after all issues related to this DD. It's is frustrating seeing bases being shipping to customers which placed the orders later than me.
    And special in my case, my order also includes more items(so more expensive).

After all, if they don't all those discussions, they should wait to ship everything together. Being more fair with everything who are supporting them.

Yes, i'm anxious to receive my base after all this hype.

• edited April 2019
    Hello, do you know if Podium DD can be mont front? Thanks image
    No, front mounting is not supported. Only bottom and side mounting. 
    PS: Its also not even officially supported on CSL and CSW bases.
  • The APM delay is the only part I find hard to defend.  The PS4 bundles (which all come wtih APM) got prioritized over earlier orders of the APM.  I'm not referring to the minor difference in wheel base deliveries, I'm referring to the standalone APM module which was delayed for anyone who ordered standalone but not for PS4 bundles.  First in, First out is what I would expect the prioritization to be but the PS4 wasn't even available for pre-order when many of us ordered the APM module.
    I don't find it hard to defend at all. I work in a manufacturing facility for marine stabilized antenna systems. We have vendors all the time that don't report shortages until the last minute. It just a reality of manufacturing. My guess would be that a vendor in fanatec's supply chain came up short at the last minute, it happens. Fanatec was then put in an awkward situation where they had to decide between making the ship date for the $1500 + Vat (In some areas) + shipping DD1 Ps4 and the APM moduals that are $180 + Vat + shipping. Now add to that the fact that it would not be all PS4 bundles that would miss there shipment but only some. you can see the problem here can you not? There is not a decision here that would make everyone happy, but there was a path to take that would get (everyone)in the first Batch the expensive wheel base or bundle they ordered on time. Don't get me wrong I understand the frustration but I think in this case Fanatec made the correct move.  
    I don't find it hard to defend at all. I work in a manufacturing facility for marine stabilized antenna systems. We have vendors all the time that don't report shortages until the last minute. It just a reality of manufacturing. My guess would be that a vendor in fanatec's supply chain came up short at the last minute, it happens. Fanatec was then put in an awkward situation where they had to decide between making the ship date for the $1500 + Vat (In some areas) + shipping DD1 Ps4 and the APM moduals that are $180 + Vat + shipping. Now add to that the fact that it would not be all PS4 bundles that would miss there shipment but only some. you can see the problem here can you not? There is not a decision here that would make everyone happy, but there was a path to take that would get (everyone)in the first Batch the expensive wheel base or bundle they ordered on time. Don't get me wrong I understand the frustration but I think in this case Fanatec made the correct move.  
    I absolutely see the position they were in and that they had fewer APMs they were required to ship both the PS4 bundles and stand alone orders.  As i mentioned, first in first out is generally the priority which would be expected.  I understand that Fanatec appears to be prioritizing highest margin orders first but this would not have been what I would anticipated.  
  • Bart... the simple fact is, Fanatec can't make any guarantees about what Sony will do for the PS5 when not even Sony know yet. Fanatec might make nice sim racing equipment, but I don't believe they've hired a psychic to make predictions about the future.  :-$ 

Personally, I'd be happier if they hired someone to advise on PR and 'maintaining customer satisfaction' first.

yes I'm sure it will be I read it somewhere, imagine how  many angry people there would be after spending 1000$ and there purchase not be future proof

I’m sure there were people saying something similar the last time we were in this situation, it’s more likely this time I think but it’s dangerous to assume it’s a given.
    I know its still no guarantee but :
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/02/feature_why_you_shouldnt_worry_about_ps5_backwards_compatibility
  • edited April 2019
    Merci à l’équipe de Fanatec réception demain de mon volant Podium PS4
    I absolutely see the position they were in and that they had fewer APMs they were required to ship both the PS4 bundles and stand alone orders.  As i mentioned, first in first out is generally the priority which would be expected.  I understand that Fanatec appears to be prioritizing highest margin orders first but this would not have been what I would anticipated.  
    By that logic that would surely mean Fanatec receiving the airfreighted PS4 podiums, opening all boxes, disassembling the wheel from the base, disassembling the APMs from the wheels, repackaging APMs, shipping APMs.  Then when stocks arrive, reassembling all the units again??
    That is surely an insane method of working?  I understand all these frustrations (I am waiting for DD1) but everyone who ordered the APMs must already have a wheel to use and therefore (in my opinion) sending out the complete units makes sense.

Anyway, Im too busy for this, i have to keep refreshing my inbox!
  • Good to hear the shipping has started.  
    Not bothered about the ps4 guys getting there bases before the DD1&DD2s. Guess it shows that Fanatec are making the best efforts to get the bases delivered by the 30th by sending those bases by air freight rather than boat. 

Still wish Fanatec would insist UPS get a signature on delivery as now have to keep a keen eye out in case my base gets nicked because UPS cant be bothered to deliver in person and just dump it on the doorstep.
    Know it costs a few £ more but I would pay to have the recorded delivery. Hate the fact £1000 can just sit on your doorstep for hours.
  • Good to hear the shipping has started.  
    Not bothered about the ps4 guys getting there bases before the DD1&DD2s. Guess it shows that Fanatec are making the best efforts to get the bases delivered by the 30th by sending those bases by air freight rather than boat. 

Still wish Fanatec would insist UPS get a signature on delivery as now have to keep a keen eye out in case my base gets nicked because UPS cant be bothered to deliver in person and just dump it on the doorstep.
    Know it costs a few £ more but I would pay to have the recorded delivery. Hate the fact £1000 can just sit on your doorstep for hours.
    maybe its a region thing but I just looked and the option is there for me

Weight Based Shipping and Handling without VAT
    Optional shipping service
    option at the very bottom
  • Question for Dom/Thomas/Fanatec,

Just watched the new video and it recommended replacing the pedal cable with a new RJ12 cable from in the box. 

What's the purpose of swapping that out?

Also is there are reason to swap the handbrake from the pedals to the base?

Thanks,
    Joel
  • Not sure where you got those options from. They are options if you SEND an item from UPS but no such option for Fanatec Europe shipping opions to ask for a signature. Its down to Fanatec to ask for a signature when placing a shipping order. (they don't ask or give us an option) and don't give the customer an option. (Eu that is).
  • Wait!! so PS4 version Podium base can actually support Xbox if using the Xbox wheel? How about DD1 and DD2 can they use PS4 wheel to play on PS4?

• Wait!! so PS4 version Podium base can actually support Xbox if using the Xbox wheel? How about DD1 and DD2 can they use PS4 wheel to play on PS4?

This should explain everything. Xbox compatibility comes through the steering wheel. PS4 compatibility comes through the Base. You can make any base Xbox compatible with a Xbox compatible steering wheel but you can only get PS4 compatibility with either the CSL Elite Wheel Base for PS4 and the special DD1 for PS4. You can not make normal DD1 or DD2 compatible with PS4
  • the ship with podium dd1 and dd2 you already know the arrival? or has it already arrived? to understand if it is a question of logistics thanks thomas
  • edited April 2019
    If we must wait then at least Give us Videos, Videos and more Videos of the wheel in action and how to work the wheel features...Don't matter if they are professional studio Quality... Right Now cell phone Video's would be Great... its better than endless waiting with Nothing to do but check My Email every hour on the Hour ~X(