Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• Question for Dom/Thomas/Fanatec,

Just watched the new video and it recommended replacing the pedal cable with a new RJ12 cable from in the box. 

What's the purpose of swapping that out?

Also is there are reason to swap the handbrake from the pedals to the base?

Thanks,
    Joel

I'd like to know this too. Is it absolutely essential to use the new cable? I have the 2.5 CSW cable. Fitting the new cable would mean taking apart lots of rig stuff. Yes I'm being lazy trying to avoid doing that, but can I stick with the cable I have? How is the new one different?

Thanks.

Just watched the new video and it recommended replacing the pedal cable with a new RJ12 cable from in the box. 

Thanks,
    Joel

I'd like to know this too. Is it absolutely essential to use the new cable? I have the 2.5 CSW cable. Fitting the new cable would mean taking apart lots of rig stuff. Yes I'm being lazy trying to avoid doing that, but can I stick with the cable I have? How is the new one different?

Thanks.
    No, you can't. You HAVE TO use the new cable which comes with an additional ferrite core to eliminate possible EMI issues according to a statement from Dom in the comments of the youtube vid.. There is a reason why there is such a big sticker on the back of the Base... ^^
  • Alrighty will do, thanks Maurice.
  • Hello Fanatec Team,

my DD/PS4 arrived today and it looks stunning!! As of now I cannot say anything about performance because I'm still sorting stuff out.The device works with Gran Turismo and ACC but with Project Cars2,I seem to loose connection....it says "controller disconnected.please reconnect controller to continue".When I reconnect,I just get the same notification over and over again...

But I read that there is still a software update to come,could it be due to that?

Greetz Filip

• Hello Fanatec Team,

my DD/PS4 arrived today and it looks stunning!! As of now I cannot say anything about performance because I'm still sorting stuff out.The device works with Gran Turismo and ACC but with Project Cars2,I seem to loose connection....it says "controller disconnected.please reconnect controller to continue".When I reconnect,I just get the same notification over and over again...

But I read that there is still a software update to come,could it be due to that?

Greetz Filip

There was a part in the last video I think that shows there’s a new button combination that puts the base into compatibility mode, I assume that’s the CSW backwards compatibility mode that’s been mentioned a while back, that might fix that for you.
  • edited April 2019
    Why did the console version get prioritized over those who had supported you the earliest?
    Like others here, I placed the order since day 1 too. I'm waiting for almost 1 year.

I read their reason, but, after all issues related to this DD. It's is frustrating seeing bases being shipping to customers which placed the orders later than me.

I'd prefer to receive "a gesture of appreciation" than one-week early access ;) Maybe it's consolation for someone - You will get your DD earlier after all: in my case it's delivery will take 2 weeks more and cost me 230€ more as Fanatec doesn't ship it directly to my country. I'm dying to try it out and hope Fanatec released a really good hi-tech product! B-)
    Is a device that is supposed to withstand 20 nm of torque inside a thick box with thick packing foam inside another thick box going to withstand travelling to you without damage to the quick release or motor column, I’d say yes.
    Nevertheless Tutorial says to lift it careful out of package :-P *forget, pal, it's just thinking out loud* ~O)

Thanks,
    Joel

Thanks.
    Exactly what I was thinking... But I will tear the N1 Rig Down and put the New Cable because i will Never rest if i dont... Its probably a EMI yhing where they used better shielded cable or Stronger Ground to avoid EMI issues.
  • How long is the new cable, hope it's 2 metre, as the 1.5 isn't quite long enough for me to do tidy cable management.
  • When DD1 and DD2 start shipping ?

• Got my DD ps4/pc yesterday and it's looking awsome! But wen I try to play project cars 2 the game say's Controller disconnected pleace connect it again? I dont now how to fix it can some one plz help me.
  • Awesome news, Thomas! Thank you and your team so much for all the hard work! I hope it is a huge success for you! Can hardly wait to get my DD2. ;)
  • I'm thinking about buying another Universal Hub for a second wheel.... otherwise I don't want to waste money now and one week later they will release the new Porsche rim/ podium adapter and all that missing stuff.... that there are no informations about that kills me right now xD
  • Shaun NorrisShaun Norris Member
    edited April 2019
    Bit disappointing that people are not being delivered in priority of when they ordered for the A APM. I have a fanatec CS v2.5 with F1 Wheel which I ordered in Feburary . Wheels been fantastic in some games I can get away with using buttons for accelerate and brake but having traction control and abs on 100% is getting tired. But I specifically got the APM because I cant use my legs and wanted to use the Paddles for accelerate and brake. Now we have to wait almost another 2 months?
  • edited April 2019
    Like others here, I placed the order since day 1 too. I'm waiting for almost 1 year.

I read their reason, but, after all issues related to this DD. It's is frustrating seeing bases being shipping to customers which placed the orders later than me.
    And special in my case, my order also includes more items(so more expensive).

After all, if they don't all those discussions, they should wait to ship everything together. Being more fair with everything who are supporting them.

Yes, i'm anxious to receive my base after all this hype.

How does delaying to ship everything together benefit you exactly?
    You would still receive your DD on the same date you're gonna get it now.

Would PS4 owners getting an unnecessary delay help you sleep better at night?

• Fanatec is a victim of their own effort to be transparent and it’s a shame. With all this frivolous bitching, why should they continue to share so much? I preordered the DD2 and PASM, somehow I haven’t expired from the wait.
  • Patience is a virtue. Alot of entitled posts in this thread.. but hey I guess thats the demographic of people paying $1000+ for, well, a gaming wheel - as awesome as it is. Before the incoming bash, I also preordered DD2 and well just chill, a few extra days after waiting so long really isnt a reason to throw a temper tantrum.
  • Dear Fanatec wen I try to play project cars 2 on ps4 my podium wheel keeps disconnecting, do i forget something or do i something wrong? Plz help me out. Kindest regards, D.
  • Is there already a mail out for all the pre-orders on it's way? I ordered November not yet have any update, if my package was shipped. Till which order date is it first batch? 
  • Is there already a mail out for all the pre-orders on it's way? I ordered November not yet have any update, if my package was shipped. Till which order date is it first batch? 
    only the ps4 podiums have been shipped..probably the dd1 and dd2 bases will be shipped next week
  • Breaking News!!! The Boat with the DD wheels Sank!!!! Nooooooooooo!!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Lorrell Waddell said: Breaking News!!! The Boat with the DD wheels Sank!!!! Nooooooooooo!!!!
    Don't go throwing fuel on the fire LOL
  • Look you can see the wheels floating in the water... Noooo!!! X_X
  • So funny to read some of these reactions. I was a little upset that the PS4 buyers are getting the wheel before us DD1 or DD2 buyers from way back but when I learn the reason why, I wouldn't want to deprive them of there wheel and better luck. Im happy they got them we will have ours shortly after.
  • Hi! If it makes anyone feel better, I ordered DD PS4 from the US on 12/8/18, I still have no shipping notification. It's cool! I have time to get the rig ready!!! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend, or great weekend! Whichever is appropriate. Respectfully!
  • Are the DD2's going out yet?? I was a day 1 pre-order.
  • No, next week.
  • Hi! If it makes anyone feel better, I ordered DD PS4 from the US on 12/8/18, I still have no shipping notification. It's cool! I have time to get the rig ready!!! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend, or great weekend! Whichever is appropriate. Respectfully!
    Makes me wonder if the US has even got them here at the facility in Cali. 
    In a response from Fanatec, they were going to ship on the release date, 30 April. 
    Guess we'll see.
  • Fanatec is a victim of their own effort to be transparent and it’s a shame. With all this frivolous bitching, why should they continue to share so much? I preordered the DD2 and PASM, somehow I haven’t expired from the wait.

It’s lack of communication that’s the issue. They should have made an announcement about them shipping the PS4 podium and the reason why it shipped before the other orders. But no, we had to get info from customers that got emails about early shipping and then had to ask why before Thomas gave an explanation. Just like the new F1 rim, they still haven’t given any info but it was shown on a YouTube video, is it the actual one that we will get, is it just a sample? We don’t know because they won’t tell us. If they give us the info we can make arrangements, so far it seems I’ll get my DD1 on time but don’t know when I’ll get a chance to purchase the new rim to go with it. I asked many time previously and was assured it would be release at the same time as the DD1 but it doesn’t look like it anymore. They have been far from transparent.
  • edited April 2019
    Huh huh. I, me, myself...all for me right now.