Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• Hi! If it makes anyone feel better, I ordered DD PS4 from the US on 12/8/18, I still have no shipping notification. It's cool! I have time to get the rig ready!!! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend, or great weekend! Whichever is appropriate. Respectfully!
    Makes me wonder if the US has even got them here at the facility in Cali. 
    In a response from Fanatec, they were going to ship on the release date, 30 April. 
    Guess we'll see.
    so usa get to ship on the 30th. have to say Im a bit disapointed. must be true. asked thomas and said very soon. which 30th is not very sooon since they said they were shipping early. I even remember reading we would have the DD1 or 2 in our houses on or before 30th. seems more and more unlikely.......
  • Cool. I'm not upset about the PS4 wheels going first; just ship whatever's ready, Scrum-style. Now: onto the pedals, please! The wheel bases are done, the paddles are done, the wheel hubs have to be pretty close... I really want new pedals and want to keep the one-connection ecosystem in place.
  • I called them about 1 month ago and they told me the free rim would be in the same shipping as the DD1. Did something change?
  • I called them about 1 month ago and they told me the free rim would be in the same shipping as the DD1. Did something change?

They changed that when they offered the voucher, you have to order the rim but it has not been released yet. So unfortunately you will have a wheelbase but no rim to use with it unless you purchase a different one that is in stock. They may announce the rim “very soon” and deliver it on time with the base, who knows? Just a guess as Fanatec won’t let us know.
  • Getting sick and tired of this.

Ship ASAP (DD1 & DD2) and all is well.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited April 2019
    Dear Fanatec wen I try to play project cars 2 on ps4 my podium wheel keeps disconnecting, do i forget something or do i something wrong? Plz help me out. Kindest regards, D.
    Hi, You need to use PS4 Comp (atibility) Mode for pCars 2. Sadly due to a bug the PS4 version of the gsme does not properly detect the wheel. We had to come out with a special mode in the firmware since the game won't be patched anymore. Please try it! All the best and have fun! Happy Easter everybody! Armin

They’re on a ship now from China. What do you want them to do, land a helicopter on the ship and pick up the wheels just because you’re annoyed some other people have got theirs first? Some of the people on this forum are behaving like children. The dispatch date from Germany is 30th April, they are on target to meet that date, stop complaining and have some patience.

They’re on a ship now from China. What do you want them to do, land a helicopter on the ship and pick up the wheels just because you’re annoyed some other people have got theirs first? Some of the people on this forum are behaving like children. The dispatch date from Germany is 30th April, they are on target to meet that date, stop complaining and have some patience.
    ditto

• Question for Dom/Thomas/Fanatec,

Just watched the new video and it recommended replacing the pedal cable with a new RJ12 cable from in the box. 

What's the purpose of swapping that out?

Also is there are reason to swap the handbrake from the pedals to the base?

Thanks,
    Joel

I'd like to know this too. Is it absolutely essential to use the new cable? I have the 2.5 CSW cable. Fitting the new cable would mean taking apart lots of rig stuff. Yes I'm being lazy trying to avoid doing that, but can I stick with the cable I have? How is the new one different?

Thanks.
    I am not changing anything.  My V3 inverted pedals connect directly to my pc since i want to use the motor on the brake pedal.  I have to use fanaleds software.
  • edited April 2019
    Question for Dom/Thomas/Fanatec,

Just watched the new video and it recommended replacing the pedal cable with a new RJ12 cable from in the box. 

Thanks,
    Joel

I'd like to know this too. Is it absolutely essential to use the new cable? I have the 2.5 CSW cable. Fitting the new cable would mean taking apart lots of rig stuff. Yes I'm being lazy trying to avoid doing that, but can I stick with the cable I have? How is the new one different?

Thanks.
    I am not changing anything.  My V3 inverted pedals connect directly to my pc since i want to use the motor on the brake pedal.  I have to use fanaleds software.
    With the new Podium software you can control brake vibrations of the CSP when connected to the DD. And then you HAVE TO change the RJ12 cable. Benefit: you get Brf to set different brake force values per profile.

Thanks,
    Joel

Thanks.
    With the new Podium software you can control brake vibrations of the CSP when connected to the DD. And then you HAVE TO change to RJ12 cable. Benefit: you get Brf to set different brake force values per profile.
    I also have to use fanaleds so i can see the speed on my wheel in iracing.  If i do not use that, all i see is gear changes, unless that was fixed a while ago also...Do tell since i would love to connect everything to the wheel and dump fanaleds software,
  • Is it only the pedals that need to use the new RJ12 cable or do we need a new cable for shifter and handbrake too?
  • Is it only the pedals that need to use the new RJ12 cable or do we need a new cable for shifter and handbrake too?
    Only the cable for the Pedals.

Thanks,
    Joel
    You NEED to replace the pedal cable ????

Thanks,
    Joel
    You NEED to replace the pedal cable ????
    Yes.
  • Got my DD ps4/pc yesterday and it's looking awsome! But wen I try to play project cars 2 the game say's Controller disconnected pleace connect it again? I dont now how to fix it can some one plz help me.
    Keep stepping trough the modes. There's a new PS4 comp mode implemented in the firmware, that is packed indriver 334. That one can be downloaded on the PS4 DD1 product page.
  • bart crauwelsbart crauwels Member
    edited April 2019
    Got my PS4 DD yesterday and i love it , well worth the wait ;)

Fanatec any chance the blue color kit for the v3 pedals is coming back ?

• Hello Fanatec Team,

my DD/PS4 arrived today and it looks stunning!! As of now I cannot say anything about performance because I'm still sorting stuff out.The device works with Gran Turismo and ACC but with Project Cars2,I seem to loose connection....it says "controller disconnected.please reconnect controller to continue".When I reconnect,I just get the same notification over and over again...

But I read that there is still a software update to come,could it be due to that?

Greetz Filip

There was a part in the last video I think that shows there’s a new button combination that puts the base into compatibility mode, I assume that’s the CSW backwards compatibility mode that’s been mentioned a while back, that might fix that for you.

Thx Gavin,but in the video there is a mode called "comp ps4" but on my device,this doesnt appear,in the video you've got 5 possibilities I think,and on my dd there are only 3...but maybe that's that software update that is coming....let's hope so...
  • Hello Fanatec Team,

my DD/PS4 arrived today and it looks stunning!! As of now I cannot say anything about performance because I'm still sorting stuff out.The device works with Gran Turismo and ACC but with Project Cars2,I seem to loose connection....it says "controller disconnected.please reconnect controller to continue".When I reconnect,I just get the same notification over and over again...

But I read that there is still a software update to come,could it be due to that?

Greetz Filip

There was a part in the last video I think that shows there’s a new button combination that puts the base into compatibility mode, I assume that’s the CSW backwards compatibility mode that’s been mentioned a while back, that might fix that for you.

Thx Gavin,but in the video there is a mode called "comp ps4" but on my device,this doesnt appear,in the video you've got 5 possibilities I think,and on my dd there are only 3...but maybe that's that software update that is coming....let's hope so...
    PS4 comp mode should already be available if you use it on PS4. Software is only for PC usage and there will never be anything PS4 related. On pc you have to use either the PC or the Comp v2.5 mode
  • I don't think it was very fair of you guys to delay the Podium Paddles that were suppose to release this month because you ran short on them with the PS4 DD1 base combo you sell.

I preordered these in December when I preordered a DD1. Instead of you providing it to first come first serve you provided it to people that preordered the PS4 combo. So if someone preordered a PS4 combo last month they get their stuff before I do.

Not cool, not fair and not a way to treat a loyal customer. I have purchased CSW 2.5 base, V3 pedals, handbrake, H pattern shifter, Xbox hub wheel, GT3 wheel, Formula Carbon wheel and now these paddles and a DD1. 
  • Maurice,I've checked the video again and the option "comp ps4" does not appear in the display.....All the other options I can choose,but that one isn't there....

Hello Fanatec Team,

Greetz Filip

PS4 comp mode should already be available if you use it on PS4. Software is only for PC usage and there will never be anything PS4 related. On pc you have to use either the PC or the Comp v2.5 mode

• I think it is time for fanatec to aknowledge that they were a bit messy in the way they handled the situation. A lot of greyish information and stuff. Lets clear that with a nice DEVLOPMENT UPDATE AND A ROADMAP (with date, and pics or precise info) like what are they working on exactly ? example 290mm podium formula rim with lcd, gt3 rim aston martin etc. No more "podium wheel hardware coming and no more soon". PLEASE

• I think it is time for fanatec to aknowledge that they were a bit messy in the way they handled the situation. A lot of greyish information and stuff. Lets clear that with a nice DEVLOPMENT UPDATE AND A ROADMAP (with date, and pics or precise info) like what are they working on exactly ? example 290mm podium formula rim with lcd, gt3 rim aston martin etc. No more "podium wheel hardware coming and no more soon". PLEASE

Yes, some sort of useable information about all that stuff that was teased a year ago, like the Porsche Rim.
  • Wen i'm in project cars 2 options controls scheme Make should there be the podium ps4 base in Model?
    Wen i'm in project cars 2 options controls scheme Make should there be the podium ps4 base in Model?
    Hi Dennis,

no...how should this possible since the podium series did not exist when pCars 2 was developed and it does not receive any updates anymore ;-) Just map it manually or use the CS WV V2/V2.5 scheme.

Armin
    edited April 2019

You need to update the firmware on PC using the latest driver.

• When should we expect the Motor Dynamics podium video upload?   is there a timeline for the webshop updates to add the podium side mounts and kill switch?
  • need more videos to help with the wait lol

Thanks,
    Joel

Thanks.
    Trust Me Im with you!!! with the RSeat N1 I dread changing My brake cable also... Its such a Head ache to remove pedals from the Rig!!! But i will do it if its 100% a Must.... Sigh...Bite the Bullet and just do it to avoid issues and give your equipment 100% chance of working flawlessly... Its a 1 time hassle and i trust it will be for the best.
  • Yes, you NEED to replace that cable. If you don't...you'll soon find out why LoL