Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• edited April 2019
    To all of you who didn't download and read the manual...here's a tutorial on how to update your base and wheels/rims. Just use the Fanatec product page of your own base. 

• edited April 2019
    kind of lame that when buying the equivalent of the PS4 kit (dd1, formula v2 wheel (red and black), and APM) months before the PS4 kit is available, you end up waiting 2 extra months for the APM.... You pay earlier, you pay more, and you get it 2 months later?

I dont mind them shipping the ps4 DD a couple days before the dd1, thats just logistics. But shipping 2 months later for the APM, thats poor planning.

**** happens, but unfortunately it's the customer stuck with the consequence instead of the one responsible.
  • Steve DuerrSteve Duerr Member
    edited April 2019
    I still cannot wrap my head around swapping the cable from my pedals to the pc....the plug comes nowhere near my wheeldeck.  I could see changing it if i connected my pedals to the wheeldeck.  
  • I still cannot wrap my head around swapping the cable from my pedals to the pc....the plug comes nowhere near my wheelbase.  I could see changing it if i connected my pedals to the wheeldeck.  
    You don't have to change the USB cable if you connect the Pedals directly to the pc via USB. You only would have to change the RJ12 cable for direct connection to the wheel base (which gives you only advantages by gaining Brake force adjustment in the tuning menu for example).
  • I still cannot wrap my head around swapping the cable from my pedals to the pc....the plug comes nowhere near my wheeldeck.  I could see changing it if i connected my pedals to the wheeldeck.  
    Best Guess is that you don't have to if you connect pedals directly to PC... But that should be a easy swap... Unless you made a custom cable like is did... I made a custom pedal cable 12ft Long... I just hope the New pedal cable is at least 8ft.... any 1 know exactly how long the New Pedal Cable is??? Marice Boshen, Antoine Gossens do you know how long the New Cable is???
  • I still cannot wrap my head around swapping the cable from my pedals to the pc....the plug comes nowhere near my wheeldeck.  I could see changing it if i connected my pedals to the wheeldeck.  
    Best Guess is that you don't have to if you connect pedals directly to PC... But that should be a easy swap... Unless you made a custom cable like is did... I made a custom pedal cable 12ft Long... I just hope the New pedal cable is at least 8ft.... any 1 know exactly how long the New Pedal Cable is??? Marice Boshen, Antoine Gossens do you know how long the New Cable is???
    Look..... If you guys are really up in arms about putting the new cable in just get a set of these and done init... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topnisus-Anti-interference-High-frequency-Suppressor-diameter/dp/B01N6X7DKM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=ferrit+cores&qid=1555874816&s=dmusic&sr=8-2-spell
  • Just to be clear are DD1/DD2 wheels shipping on the 30th or is it that we should have them by the 30th???
    Look..... If you guys are really up in arms about putting the new cable in just get a set of these and done init... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topnisus-Anti-interference-High-frequency-Suppressor-diameter/dp/B01N6X7DKM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=ferrit+cores&qid=1555874816&s=dmusic&sr=8-2-spell
    why spend money when you don't need to. If you are connecting your pedals to the wheel base use the new cable and if you are connecting your pedals via usb then no need to worry about it.
    why spend money when you don't need to. If you are connecting your pedals to the wheel base use the new cable and if you are connecting your pedals via usb then no need to worry about it.
    Reason is some people, understandably wish not to re-route their new cables when they get their bases. It just gives them another option. Plus I guess you can never have enough ferrite cores. And just use up the rest of the pack on other appliances or put two either end of the cables. The price is minimal considering what you guys are paying for your new DD bases. Nothing wrong with having a comfortable peace of mind.
    Because it's likely a 6ft cable and the Lorrell said that he needs his to be at least 8ft long and he's currently using a custom 12ft cable.

If you have need a custom cable, then the item would be a good way to bring his existing cable up to spec to work with the DD base.  
  • That EMI suppressor is actually a Great Idea if the cable wiring is the same. The cost to make the custom wire was really cheap... the most expensive part was buying the Rj11 crimper tool ~$20.00 depending on where you buy it... Very useful tool to have handy in your Sim gear repair kit...I bought it to make longer wires for CS v1.5 shifter and v3 pedals but it bailed Me out again when i took My pedals up to clean and Lube them and the load cell plug end came off... 20min extra down time at most ;)
  • So shipments to final destinations (aka our houses) before 30. April. Add time for transport from distribution centre to your home. 
    Good news!! 
  • I would like to know if when they say leave the warehouse, do they mean it is shipping from China to hq in Germany and that is the warehouse then it has to go to their different locations in USA, Japan and Australia and are distributed from there or is the warehouse in China where they are manufactured and then they go directly to the countries from there?
  • I said to them on that post. "tought it was in our home on the 30th" and they said "they will ;)"

they also said "(all pre orders of DD systems from the 1st batch) will leave our warehouse before April 30th, everything else depends on our logistics partners "

• I said to them on that post. "tought it was in our home on the 30th" and they said "they will ;)"

they also said "(all pre orders of DD systems from the 1st batch) will leave our warehouse before April 30th, everything else depends on our logistics partners "
    USA at 2nd week of May with the standard shipping.
  • I would assume that means they will leave/ship from the local warehouses by the 30th. I paid for 2 day shipping, so at the latest, I expect my wheel at my door by May 2nd or 3rd.
  • I got this as a response to an email I sent. So I am hoping this person is wrong but we'll see!
  • At least I've learned my lesson about pre-orders. Still excited to get the wheel base up and running.
  • nobody gets the same answer...
  • Following up on my last post here about the podium paddle delay. Why does your site show the PS4 DD1 available 5/31 and the email you sent me stating the Podium Paddles would be shipping 6/18??? Are you really going to put more on the PS4 DD1 before you send them to your customers that ordered the Podium Paddles in DECEMBER?
  • I got this as a response to an email I sent. So I am hoping this person is wrong but we'll see!
    They dont use Fedex, they use UPS!
  • Following up on my last post here about the podium paddle delay. Why does your site show the PS4 DD1 available 5/31 and the email you sent me stating the Podium Paddles would be shipping 6/18??? Are you really going to put more on the PS4 DD1 before you send them to your customers that ordered the Podium Paddles in DECEMBER?
    This is my only issue, why do people who ordered later get priority earlier? And its almost a 2 month push back. I'm only disappointed because I need it to map my accel/brake to it. Cant drive properly without it as I cant use pedals. Really want this as Fanatec gear is so good!
    Not completely true,To every order that I made with Fanatec (11+) i’ve Being receiving it only thru FedEx. At least for me here in the USA.
    Not completely true,To every order that I made with Fanatec (11+) i’ve Being receiving it only thru FedEx. At least for me here in the USA.
    Same, all of my fanatec products have arrived via FedEx in the Midwest.
    I confirm this too.
    I always received my fanatec's stuff in USA through FedEx.
  • They use FedEx here in the states, Bartholomew.
    I got this as a response to an email I sent. So I am hoping this person is wrong but we'll see!
  • UPS, Fedex, DHL I don't care how it gets delivered lol as long as it gets delivered soon ;-)
  • UPS, Fedex, DHL I don't care how it gets delivered lol as long as it gets delivered soon ;-)
    The wait since July 13th 2018 has been a long one. I think we're all ready to have this waiting game over and done with.
  • Has anyone in the states received a shipment notification for any of the DD systems?
    If I did connect the pedals to the wheeldeck, i would absolutely change it without question.