Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• I am living in Los Angeles, about 10 min in cars from Fanatec warehouse. So we will see. I did my pre-order in oct for the dd2

• I just saw someone posting on FB that they got there shipping notification for a PS4 DD wheel here in the US.
    A lot of people are getting tracking numbers in the US, people in Cali will get them tomorrow as for me I got a tracking number for the PS4 DD but I won’t get it until Monday, ordered on March 18 2019
    I am waiting on a Regular DD1 have seen only one confirmed shipment and it was in the EU.   I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on my DD1.
  • I am waiting on a Regular DD1 have seen only one confirmed shipment and it was in the EU.   I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on my DD1.

My bit is fully chomped and now half my arm has also been chomped.

DD1. Bring. It. On.
  • I just saw someone posting on FB that they got there shipping notification for a PS4 DD wheel here in the US.
    A lot of people are getting tracking numbers in the US, people in Cali will get them tomorrow as for me I got a tracking number for the PS4 DD but I won’t get it until Monday, ordered on March 18 2019
    Got the shipping notice today!!! I'm not in Cali, but I'm not far. PS4 DD ordered 12/8/18.
  • THE DAY HAS COME! I will get my wheel today from UPS. A delivery of 47KG's - I cant wait :D I stayed home from work just to sit here anticipating like a kid :D

Impressions will be posted soon thereafter
    troll or not ? 47kg ? DD or PS4 DD ?

PS4DD, BMW RIM, CSP V3 inverted, CS shifter, rennsport cockpit, sparco seat + various mounts, + 49" samsung chg90 all arrived yesterday. 
  • edited April 2019
    THE DAY HAS COME! I will get my wheel today from UPS. A delivery of 47KG's - I cant wait :D I stayed home from work just to sit here anticipating like a kid :D

Impressions will be posted soon thereafter
    troll or not ? 47kg ? DD or PS4 DD ?
    That's obviously more than just a DD or PS4 DD order.

Or does SimRacingGirl looks like a bodybuilder to you, as she can easiely hold the whole DD with the wheel attached, if it would weight 47kg? 

Edit: The US product page of the DD2 lists the whole thing as 13 kg in weight
    I meant the collective order weighed in at 47kg's =) basically a full sim just arrived PS4DD, BMW RIM, CSP V3 inverted, CS shifter, rennsport cockpit, sparco seat + various mounts, + 49" samsung chg90 all arrived yesterday.
  • HAHAHA ! AMAZING PERFORMANCE !

I was luckily right about the DD1 being strong enough, wow what an experience to use 100% FFB :D Almost ripped my arm off when I drove into a wall. I will only ever need to use 100% FFB strength on the PS4 DD1 for showing off to friends, or instead of lifting iron, I will just drive for 15 minutes with max strength. :D ROFL 

The smoothness, the fidelity, the wheel feels amazing - one has to get familar with the "on base settings" but then setting the FFB for your needs is flawless and easy. Its very hard to describe but this wheelbase is exactly what we've all been waiting for, and maybe even a little more. Im hands down impressed, 0 regrets and looking forward to develop a deeper bond to my PC peripherals in the future ;D (maybe even a love relationship)
  • And btw - APM is amazing, the buttons just feels above all expectations.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    My DD1 shipped yesterday.
    Hi Paul,

I just checked with our fulfillment team and this is definitely not true. Your DD was not shipped.

Please stop fooling others like. You will get an official confirmation from Fanatec like always, when your hardware is shipped!

Thank you very much,
    Armin
  • My DD1 shipped yesterday.
    Hi Paul,

I just checked with our fulfillment team and this is definitely not true. Your DD was not shipped.

Please stop fooling others like. You will get an official confirmation from Fanatec like always, when your hardware is shipped!

Thank you very much,
    Armin

Like I said in my post I had no official confirmation just a text from UPS with tracking information as I’ve ordered nothing else I obviously presumed you had despatched. I’m sorry you feel like this was an attempt to fool others but I can assure you it was only intended to keep others in the community informed.
    Hi Paul,

Thank you very much,
    Armin
    All of our dreams shattered again! Not cool at all Paul.
    Hi Paul,

Thank you very much,
    Armin

Like I said in my post I had no official confirmation just a text from UPS with tracking information as I’ve ordered nothing else I obviously presumed you had despatched. I’m sorry you feel like this was an attempt to fool others but I can assure you it was only intended to keep others in the community informed.

• I love Paul, gave me a few minutes of joy and hope ... but now back to reality
    :))
  • there are just 2 days left to ship our dd1&dd2´s, otherwise we dont get them on 30.5.2019 :( 
    that silence about shipping details is no good sign....  please dont wait till release date to tell us we have to wait longer, again.

:)>-
  • I really think they ship on the 30th. So i expect to get my DD1 on the 3rd of may.
    To get the base on the 30th they have to ship tomorow. And i dont think thats gonna happen. 
  • Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited April 2019

It's only a few days for heavens sake! Patience Padawans!

I pre-ordered back in July last year as a bit of a belated Birthday present to myself, knowing it would be Christmas before I opened it. Then just before Christmas I got a note to say that I had won 349 EUR to spend on Fanatec products but my Birthday/Christmas present would now be a Birthday/Christmas/Birthday present. I have now spent my winnings towards a CSP v3i after a few recommendations, to replace my CSP v3 and they arrive today :) but I won't tear down the rig until I get the DD2.

I am still expecting the shipping to leave Fanatec on or before 30th April, but I won't cry if it's not shipped before the 30th as these expectations have been set for almost 5 months.

I can't see anywhere where it has clearly been promised otherwise by Thomas other than some hasty (mis)interpretations and speculations on other forums

There will be 400+ units to ship to up to that number of different destinations across the world so I would assume they will put all hands on deck to check, label up, arrange shipment and get them on to the UPS lorry as soon as they arrive in to their HQ, I wouldn't be surprised if they work all night once they land on shore to make sure they are dispatched either.

@Fanatec: I wish those at Fanatec a trouble free logistical exercise and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know and I'll do what I can.

@everyone else: I hope you get what is coming to you... and soon (mainly DD1 & DD2 of course) :)

EDIT: @Paul Cotterill (cotti?) out of interest, what has arrived?

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Thomas has mentioned a few times the bases will “ship” on or before April 30th. Depending on shipping method and distance it can take a few days. I know for Canada can be a week due to customs.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019

Thomas has mentioned a few times the bases will “ship” on or before April 30th. Depending on shipping method and distance it can take a few days. I know for Canada can be a week due to customs.
    On the first page of this thread, Thomas actually says:
    "We started with the Podium Racing Wheel but DD1 and DD2 will follow soon so we will DELIVER all pre-orders of the first batch on or before April 30th, as promised."

• EDIT: @Paul Cotterill (cotti?) out of interest, what has arrived?

I’ve no idea it’s out for delivery today but I’m at pictures for Endgame!
  • edited April 2019
    My DD1 shipped yesterday.
    Hi Paul,

Thank you very much,
    Armin

I dont want to seem obnoxious here,  but for a guy in his mid 40's to be acting like a teenager, hmmm. I would excuse the fact if you orderd something else other than fanatec gear and UPS sent you a text confirmation for that. 
    But you clearly say that "I've orded nothing else". (devils advocate, must of been an old text for something else before) 
    c'mon fella why ?
    Hi Paul,

Thank you very much,
    Armin

I dont want to seem obnoxious here,  but for a guy in his mid 40's to be acting like a teenager, hmmm. I would excuse the fact if you orderd something else other than fanatec gear and UPS sent you a text confirmation for that. 
    But you clearly say that "I've orded nothing else". (devils advocate, must of been an old text for something else before) 
    c'mon fella why ?
    Like I’ve already said above several times I don’t know what’s coming? But if you want to have fun tracking the mystery shipment with me it’s ups 1ZR4X4696842907411

• Thomas has mentioned a few times the bases will “ship” on or before April 30th. Depending on shipping method and distance it can take a few days. I know for Canada can be a week due to customs.
    On the first page of this thread, Thomas actually says:
    "We started with the Podium Racing Wheel but DD1 and DD2 will follow soon so we will DELIVER all pre-orders of the first batch on or before April 30th, as promised."
    I paid $87 for two day shipping, I already feel like a fool, but that statement does seem to indicate we will have them before or by the 30th.
  • Loving this!  It's like a soap opera...

Paul did get my hopes up, but there's no way he's trolling.  People make mistakes.  He's ordered something from France weighing 2kg... can't wait to hear what it is!

There's a few folk that need  to relax.  Grab a beer and chill for a bit.  If you're getting this wound up about the delivery this week or next, you're going to blow a valve somewhere.  You're also unlikely to enjuy the DD1/DD2 because you've overhyped it.

Fanatec is a small company that do some amazing work in a niche market - cut them some slack folks.  I am really looking forward to getting my wheelbase, whenever it arrives.
    Hi Paul,

Thank you very much,
    Armin

c'mon fella why ?
    Like I’ve already said above several times I don’t know what’s coming? But if you want to have fun tracking the mystery shipment with me it’s ups 1ZR4X4696842907411
    I'm putting this down to the wifey or the kids have been at your account again Paul :-&
  • I'm putting this down to the wifey or the kids have been at your account again Paul :-& I’ve always regretted that that shared billing on our Amazon Prime ????
  • edited April 2019
    Loving this!  It's like a soap opera...

Paul did get my hopes up, but there's no way he's trolling.  People make mistakes.  He's ordered something from France weighing 2kg... can't wait to hear what it is!

There's a few folk that need  to relax.  Grab a beer and chill for a bit.  If you're getting this wound up about the delivery this week or next, you're going to blow a valve somewhere.  You're also unlikely to enjuy the DD1/DD2 because you've overhyped it.

Fanatec is a small company that do some amazing work in a niche market - cut them some slack folks.  I am really looking forward to getting my wheelbase, whenever it arrives.

Well if we haven't got any videos of late to watch and pass the time by. We might aswell make our own dramas here. Keeps me entertained  =))
  • On the first page of this thread, Thomas actually says:

I'd wager a small sum of jelly babies that this is an example of 'Lost in Translation' as all other references don't use the word deliver. Of course the anticipation is still very strong, but if Thomas meant despatch, ship or send, I'd forgive him. He's been getting a lot of flak lately and a hasty post to calm the world of hungry recipients may have a few mis-translations, although his Emglish is quite strong :)

• I believe that they see the „anticipation“ in their website traffic stats. i am probably not the only recipient of a podium dd that visited the page atleast 10-20 times per day hungry for infos. I think they‘ll have to deal with dealing with us entitled simracer brats being annoying as hell while we wait for our new favorite toy :-)
  • I just want the Podium Videos to get Me through the weekend because we know its Not shipping this week.
  • Youness AmalYouness Amal Member
    edited April 2019
    Impossible to give us the exact shipping schedule? Tired to expect each day the UPS mail... If it’s shipped the 30th April, I can be sure I will not have the DD2 before 6th May.