Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• Any news on the kill switch /power button yet? I’m about to get my wheel in a few days and would like to order one, I know is not needed but I still want it
  • Any news on the kill switch /power button yet? I’m about to get my wheel in a few days and would like to order one, I know is not needed but I still want it

Ditto. And the side braces. These are simple things a Chinese factory can deliver in bulk with little notice - things we've been seeing in Fanatec vids for months. Why is the main site not updated with things we want to buy right now in DD week, things that could have been sorted long ago?

I'm ready to order a kill switch for my DD1 (whereabouts unknown), always intended to buy one and there must be many others. Come on Fanatec there's a ton of people ready to throw money at you for DD gear. And don't tell me you need time to verify universal compatibility or whatever with these add ons, this is basic stuff that any company with its act together would have sorted in launch week.
  • Are your DDs leave warehaus? I have my tracking number but UPS did not pick up it yet.
  • Shows shipped on order history but no tracking number yet.

• Shows shipped on order history but no tracking number yet.
    same for me 
  • Still no tracking details this morning.
  •  Cristian Cristian Member
    edited April 2019

• It was other way round for me, I got tracking details first and no update from Fanatec until 4 hrs later
  • also the same here, status shipped but no mail since yesterday + it shows shipped with DHL
  • edited April 2019
    Fanatec Podium DD2 Pic:

imageimageimage
  • can i use a USB extension cable for the podium ps4/pc base without any consequences ?

• It was other way round for me, I got tracking details first and no update from Fanatec until 4 hrs later
    same for me - will deliver on Monday :)

PS: Can anyone tell me, if there are screws included?
  • edited April 2019

It was other way round for me, I got tracking details first and no update from Fanatec until 4 hrs later

No bolts included in the box according to the unboxing videos on YouTube. You will need 3-5 m6 bolts for the bottom and 4 m8 for the sides depending on how you plan to secure it to your cockpit
  • Thank you very much :D
  • think i will need to buy a fanatec 20° mounting adapter .for my dd1 my rig mount does not tilt :(
  • on the order list my dd1 shows as shipped since yesterday and still no mail either from ups or fanatec 
  • on the order list my dd1 shows as shipped since yesterday and still no mail either from ups or fanatec 

Exactly the same for me I fear they are still waiting for UPS to pick them up.

Exactly the same for me I fear they are still waiting for UPS to pick them up.
    Man i really hope that thats not the case otherwise we are screwed , i really hope they already started the process but due to it being holidays no1 in the office sent the mails yet which is unlikely but ....
  • my dd1 is sitting 11 miles from my house at the fedex place but I cant pick it up. will be delivered sometime monday
  • my dd1 is sitting 11 miles from my house at the fedex place but I cant pick it up. will be delivered sometime monday
    Same situation here.

The manual is now online, you can find all information that's necessary there.
    Same situation here.
    Yup, If I knew 2 day shipping would hit on a monday, I'd have spent to 1 day.
  • My PS4 DD1 has arrived - the photos do not do justice to the wheel! It feels like it has come off a race car and those shifters are a huge upgrade in terms of feel. Thanks Team Fanatec - very happy customer here! Haven’t worked out how to get my XB1 Universal Hub to work on Xbox though. Can’t get the hub to swap modes - used the PS4 wheel to switch to v2.5 comp mode, but XB1 Hub still not working. Any ideas?
    ^^ never mind, I got it working - used the small buttons on top of the hub to switch modes. I have been playing all afternoon - tried PC2, GT Sport, Forza Horizon 4, FM7 so far. Can’t believe how good the DD1 is - much bigger difference to my Clubsport v2 than I was expecting. I am a little shocked to be honest. It is silky smooth and the detail in the force feedback is epic - can’t believe how good it is. I have been running at 40-50% power with the key in to allow full torque. Definitely worth the money, but make sure it’s mounted to a sturdy rig to take full advantage of it. Absolutely love it!
  • ^^ never mind, I got it working - used the small buttons on top of the hub to switch modes. I have been playing all afternoon - tried PC2, GT Sport, Forza Horizon 4, FM7 so far. Can’t believe how good the DD1 is - much bigger difference to my Clubsport v2 than I was expecting. I am a little shocked to be honest. It is silky smooth and the detail in the force feedback is epic - can’t believe how good it is. I have been running at 40-50% power with the key in to allow full torque. Definitely worth the money, but make sure it’s mounted to a sturdy rig to take full advantage of it. Absolutely love it!
    I've currently got a V2 as well so this is really good to hear. Still no shipping email, grrrr!
  • think i will need to buy a fanatec 20° mounting adapter .for my dd1 my rig mount does not tilt :(
    I need an angled Mount cos my base plate is actually angled slightly down!
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited April 2019
    The online manual states that the DD2 only has 1 Year Warranty, on page 45, line 3. I assume this is a typo, or are the pre-ordered items only getting the special 2 (DD1) / 5 (DD2) year Warranty?

I am guessing a quick copy & paste from the other product manuals...
  • The online manual states that the DD2 only has 1 Year Warranty, on page 45, line 3. I assume this is a typo, or are the pre-ordered items only getting the special 2 (DD1) / 5 (DD2) year Warranty?

I am guessing a quick copy & paste from the other product manuals...
    The dd1 comes with a standard 2 year warranty so I doubt the dd2 would be less, will defo be a typo.
  • Hello Dom, how long is the $1 F1 2019 deal for? Is it during the full pre-order period or just a week or so?

Thanks
  • edited April 2019
    can anyone that has recieved there DD please give the full length of the new RJ12 Cable that`s ment to be changed for the pedals,
    if it`s to short i will just buy some clip - on ferrite rings rfi/emi noise suppressor cable clips
    that`s if its safe to do that :) i have a Vesaro and the cable runs are long

• edited April 2019
    I know this has been covered in one of these blogs somewhere, but can't seem to find it. Question is how deep are the threads for the m6 mounting holes on the DD's? Would like to have the right length screws on hand when it arrives next week. Thanks in advance. 

edit:never mind, I found it in the manual. 12mm is the answer for those who don't read manuals lol.