Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• when is the golden bracket.
    presented on the site.
    where the dd2 and the dd1. can be screwed on
  • can anyone that has recieved there DD please give the full length of the new RJ12 Cable that`s ment to be changed for the pedals,
    if it`s to short i will just buy some clip - on ferrite rings rfi/emi noise suppressor cable clips
    that`s if its safe to do that :) i have a Vesaro and the cable runs are long

I asked on support chat and was told that it was 2 metres long. I hope this is true as I also need a longer cable.
  • Hi all, What is the Torque Key for? I have looked through the manual and do not see a explanation. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Hi all, What is the Torque Key for? I have looked through the manual and do not see a explanation. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Without the torque key the max. torque of the base will be reduced. Only with the torque key plugged in you will have the full torque/power.
  • Thank you!
  • 4 days gone and still no tracking mail, whats wrong with your crappy UPS service?
    i cant sit all day long in the kitchen and wait for the door ring, i have to work! 
    i need a date when the packet arrives!
    did you even have sended or just tag it as shipped? 

>:P

• Like some other guys I chose DHL for delivery. Getting hold of an undeliverable packe from UPS here in Germany is a pain the a... DHL just drops it in a Post office somewhere nearby and leaves a notice, plus they deliver Saturdays. At least I have an UPS tracking number, delivery scheduled for Monday when I'm not home. Same for Tuesday. Wednesday is labor day, a public holiday. This whole thing realy jangles your nerves ;-)
    In my area the local DHL guys just dumps the package at some neighbor they can find, often without leaving a note. Ordertracking then just usually just says "succesfully delivered" which is not ideal. On the other Hand our local UPS guy only delivers with signature of me personally. If am not at home, he delivers the package to a local UPS Point, where i can pick it up the same day.
    I think it really depends on the local delivery guy. Although it's a shame that UPS does not deliver on saturdays.
    But i think that the fanatec Status "shipped" just means that they send the shipping data to the parcelservice. I think it does not mean, that the package actually left the fanatec warehouse.
    In my case, marked as shipped on fanatec page since friday but still no UPS email, i hope that UPS will pick up the package today at fanatec. With a bit of luck the DD1 gets delivered tomorrow, which would be nice before the public Holiday on Wednesday :)

i am so looking Forward to the direct drive. My old CSW V1 is getting worse every day.
  • Yeah I think that the guys and gals at fanatec just did some overtime in friday and prepared the DDs in warehouse ready for monday pick up.
  • Yeah I think that the guys and gals at fanatec just did some overtime in friday and prepared the DDs in warehouse ready for monday pick up.
    Not in Australia they haven't.
  • We have had an extra long holiday period, with ANZAC day also thrown in with the Easter 4-day weekend. Fantec have always said that they will ship 30 April. With so many orders needing to go out, it would be impossible to move that much stock in 1-day, so it makes sense that they are getting them out as available.

If they meet that deadline for 95%+ of the world wide orders, that's OK. As we are a small market down-under, we probably sit in that 5%.

Fingers crossed that 30 April also applies to the southern hemisphere, AEST time.

TBH, I am more annoyed at not getting the Podium Modules until June, when ordered prior to the Podium PS4 Wheel & not knowing more about the Podium Mounts, kill switch & Podium Porsche wheel they showed off last year.

I feel a lot of people might be annoyed forking out for the kill switch, when they could have just paid a bit more and got the DD2 with kill switch, carbon plates, and upgraded 5yr warranty.
  • edited April 2019
    Or he means another base or he's trolling or...
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019
    If they meet that deadline for 95%+ of the world wide orders, that's OK. As we are a small market down-under, we probably sit in that 5%.
    Given that many of us paid for this equipment last year, I don't think it even slightly OK. Fanatec have had months of extra time to get this sorted... and I don't believe for a second that Fanatec ever intended to ship the units back in December, despite taking people's money with that "promised" delivery schedule.

Also, it's just utter rubbish putting a new thread up saying 'The Wait Is Over', then subjecting customers to this never-ending guessing game. In the line of business I work in, you'd be out of a job in a second with this sort of behaviour.

Do I sound grumpy and over it? You'd better believe it!   And no. I don't think that's unreasonable. All I'd like is what I paid for... all those months ago.

Unfortunately, for me, this whole cluster#$%k is starting to feel flat-out deceitful and has really taken the edge off something that should have been nothing but exciting and fun. The gear had better be stupendously good when it does finally arrive or I'll be volcanic. X( 
  • Or he means another base or he's trolling or...
    I read the forum a bit more and he was talking about the dd1, maybe he didnt notice its sold out and is getting the wheel only for now or something. When my order status changed on friday I had some hopes of getting the base on the 30th but since I still didn't get the ups mail and 1st of May is a holiday I'm afraid its gonna be here thursday or friday at best. Ofc some people will get it before others and thats quite okay but I fully agree with Josh in the above comment that this stuff really is at the very least on the verge of being unacceptable. I can only feel fooled for paying a 1000 euros on november to get this product for christmas and even being promised only a few days before the supposed shipping date of December 7th that this indeed is going to happen, only to be told 1 day before the supposed date that the new "realistic" date would be in 5 months. Sure I was more than happy of the 350e voucher and without that I wouldve bought an OSW. Now I get reminded how much of a fool I am every time I visit this forum to get some updates and see that "the wait is over" part of the headline.
  • TBH, I am more annoyed at not getting the Podium Modules until June, when ordered prior to the Podium PS4 Wheel & not knowing more about the Podium Mounts, kill switch & Podium Porsche wheel they showed off last year.
    Totally agree. I get it that some people around the world get their DD before others, simply because of the fact that Fanatec uses third party distributors and warehouses to ship its hardware. Once the goods left the ship or in case of the PS4 DDs the plane, Fanatec apparently let them ship the goods immediately, to keep additional storage costs low etc.

What I don't understand and is indeed making me angry, is the fact that Fanatec just decides that my order of the "Podium Advanced Paddle Module" (ordered 06.12.2018) is less worth that the DD PS4 orders and therefore, just let me wait AGAIN, for my pre-ordered, pre-paid products... just because they can!

I honestly don't care about their shortage in supplies, serve the customers first that ordered first. This is not a way you should treat your loyal customers!

My recent order history looks like this:
    • McLaren GT3... delayed.
    • ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018... in time delivered <-- break in space time continuum?!
    • Podium DD2... delayed.
    • Podium Advanced Paddle Module... delayed.
    • ... to be continued (I have no doubts) 
    SMH.
  • Would be great to know how many DD PS4 orders were made. By the delay in the Podium APM's, I assume the influx of DD PS4 pre-orders that were guaranteed by 30 April far exceeded Fanatec's expectation, which is why they were hanging onto every last second to leave the factory & ended up missing the boat.

At the end of the day, I am just use to everything I pre-order these days just being a delay (Kickstarter anyone??). In this digital age, and obviously this well off group of people (ordering DD products), off the shelf is not good enough anymore. We are always wanting the latest & greatest & the industry knows this by constantly teasing us with what is not available any time soon... Then selling us DLC after wards...
  • If they meet that deadline for 95%+ of the world wide orders, that's OK. As we are a small market down-under, we probably sit in that 5%.
    Given that many of us paid for this equipment last year, I don't think it even slightly OK. Fanatec have had months of extra time to get this sorted... and I don't believe for a second that Fanatec ever intended to ship the units back in December, despite taking people's money with that "promised" delivery schedule.

Also, it's just utter rubbish putting a new thread up saying 'The Wait Is Over', then subjecting customers to this never-ending guessing game. In the line of business I work in, you'd be out of a job in a second with this sort of behaviour.

Do I sound grumpy and over it? You'd better believe it!   And no. I don't think that's unreasonable. All I'd like is what I paid for... all those months ago.

Unfortunately, for me, this whole cluster#$%k is starting to feel flat-out deceitful and has really taken the edge off something that should have been nothing but exciting and fun. The gear had better be stupendously good when it does finally arrive or I'll be volcanic. X( 
    Could not agree more. Not to mention the ridiculous situation of the auction and the leaking of personal information.

At the end of the day, I have had cheaper cars that this video game controller and it has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. It hasn't even been shipped yet and it's let me down on numerous occasions.

Having read people saying that loyal customers should be treated better, yeah maybe, but loyal customers always get the raw deal. Think Foxtel, phone companies, energy companies, banks.  If you aren't changing providers and making them work for it, you are being taken for a ride. If you are willing play this game again having experienced all of this then quite frankly you deserve it.
  • Fanatec what's going on? Give us an update on expected delivery, by region.

The wait IS NOT over.

You know what stock you have, you know what delivery status is - as usual all we're left with is wonder and doubt, and that you're hiding something, which has been the case since this whole sorry drama began.
    edited April 2019
    Benjamin Kus said:
    At the end of the day, I am just use to everything I pre-order these days just being a delay (Kickstarter anyone??)
    That's one of the main things that has got me steamed up. Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? It used to be said that a handshake was a contract. Now a contract isn't even a contract!

The bottom line with the current topic is, the Podium series gear WAS crowd funded, only Fanatec weren't up front that that's how they were funding final development and production. Instead, they made "promises" that were never going to be kept from the outset*.  (* In my humble opinion.)

EDIT: For the record, I recognise that running a small business isn't easy and I take no pleasure in making harsh comments. Nor do I feel 'entitled'. But I do value honesty and transparency and that's all I ask if I've handed over a significant amount of money for something.
  • I ordered it last year, am happy it's coming now.
    Ordered the podium paddles, they arrive in june. Am happy anyway.

Just to break the entitled ranting and raving in here. Some of us do have a level head and won't let toys break our temper.
  • Kent, there's nothing 'entitled' about getting what you've payed for and been "promised".
  • You didnt have to pay when you pre ordered
  • Kent, there's nothing 'entitled' about getting what you've payed for and been "promised".
    Ahh the classic label them as entitled defence.

When the fanboys can't rationally defend their beloved company (who really loves them back, honestly) against reasonable criticism they will attack you personally. Just dismiss any reasonable complaint as ranting and raving or a loss of temper, it's easier than accepting that the company they idolize isn't perfect. 
  • You didnt have to pay when you pre ordered
    In what universe?
    edited April 2019
    Not the universe I live in.

And furthermore @Heikki: When I pre-ordered (and payed for it), I was promised delivery in December 2018, not May 2019.

• edited April 2019
    There is an option (for the EU webshop) to pay by bank transfer, which allows you to pay later. (Forgot about this option to be only in europe) Its not stated very clearly in the webshop though
  • Can we have an official update ?
    This is strange, "shipped" since last friday, no UPS mail yet.
  • Ivan HruškaIvan Hruška Member
    edited April 2019
    Will the Fanatec actually release some mounting accessories? They are sending bases, but I believe there is a lot of people who will need to wait for mounting possibilities anyway.

I really dont know what takes so long to release simple metal bracket or angle adapter... I can understand delay on DD's, as it is electronics and all, but just a metal pieces are still not released is really strange for me. I dont even see ClubSport 20° mounting adapter on sale separately on Fanatec website. Even though ClubSport V2.5 have this angled adapter included in package, so I dont know why much more expensive Podium bases have none included. Quite disappointed. [-( 
  • I just got shipping notification from ups for Wednesday. I ordered in October and am based in the uk.
  • edited April 2019
    Got mine just now. Friday 3.5. to Finland